PDA

View Full Version : Justified

Bishop3000
4/28/2011, 12:50 AM
Prolly the best tv series since The Wire. Anybody else watch it?

King Crimson
4/28/2011, 12:53 AM
i've thought about giving it a shot based on what i've heard....here and there. comparison to the Wire is considerable praise.

and i'm flat out of good things to watch, to be honest, waiting for the new season of Breaking Bad.

yermom
4/28/2011, 12:56 AM
i cut the cord a couple of months ago. i need to pick it up again. great show,

Bishop3000
4/28/2011, 01:03 AM
i've thought about giving it a shot based on what i've heard....here and there. comparison to the Wire is considerable praise.

and i'm flat out of good things to watch, to be honest, waiting for the new season of Breaking Bad.

To tell you the truth its best described as a redneck version of the wire. And since Im half redneck and have good friends who would fit in with the cast of the sopranos and the wire, I'd say if you like either of those give it a chance

sooner59
4/28/2011, 01:04 AM
I don't watch things about Justin Beiber.

yankee
4/28/2011, 01:36 AM
Best show on TV. Love it.

yermom
4/28/2011, 01:41 AM
i'm still mad about Terriers. that was probably my favorite show on at the time, but it was marketed strangely

Boomer.....
4/28/2011, 07:20 AM
Very good show!

Harry Beanbag
4/28/2011, 07:31 AM
Great show. Had to stop watching it though due to conflicts on the DVR.

dwarthog
4/28/2011, 08:45 AM
Another vote here. Damn good show.

The season ending show looks to be shaping up as a dandy too!

hawaii 5-0
4/28/2011, 09:24 AM
I've watched it from the git go. Tho it takes place in Kentucky I keep lookin' for some of my Arkansas Kin.

5-0

Trump/ Foreman Scotty 2012

3rdgensooner
4/28/2011, 09:32 AM
Great show

delhalew
4/28/2011, 09:42 AM
Pretty good.

Lott's Bandana
7/28/2013, 11:34 AM
I just started watching this gem on Amazon Video.

It just reeks of excellent writing and an IDGAS attitude towards normal American TV formulas. I've been a huge Elmore Leonard fan since forever and his influence is readily apparent. The pilot is excellent, not like many pilots that clunk along finding direction. This one transitions into the next episodes very well.

Comparisons to The Wire are good because of the lack of convention, but it really is differently done. Mainly, it only focuses on Raylon (so far) and doesn't have spin-off storylines. Boyd Crowder is pretty stinking amazing.

I'm almost finished with S-1. Love the fact I have several more seasons to watch...

yermom
7/28/2013, 12:02 PM
Been watching The Shield. FX likes to reuse people.

Justified is still one of the best shows on right now

Jacie
7/28/2013, 12:38 PM
I like The Bridge more each episode.

The Killing is another one that I find riveting.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/28/2013, 01:28 PM
i'm still mad about Terriers. that was probably my favorite show on at the time, but it was marketed strangelyI loved "The Riches". Was surprised it only went what, 2.5 seasons?

7/28/2013, 01:34 PM
I've watched the first 3 seasons of Justified, now. It IS very good. Olyphant is great as a lawman, like he was in Deadwood. Justified is every bit as gory as Deadwood.

stoopified
7/28/2013, 04:06 PM
Redneck Dirty Harry,luv it

achiro
7/28/2013, 05:37 PM
One of my favorite shows. Quality writing, character development, and acting. Rare in this reality tv age.

Wishboned
7/28/2013, 10:53 PM
The interaction between Raylen Givens and Boyd Crowder is some of the best written dialogue and acting on television today. Anytime they have scenes together it's just magic.

Lott's Bandana
8/1/2013, 08:54 AM
So the real question is...

Eva

or

Winona?

8/1/2013, 01:09 PM
Prolly the best tv series since The Wire. Anybody else watch it?I just watched Episode 1 of The Wire last night. So far, I would rate Justified WAY above the Wire.(SO much of the dialogue in The Wire's first episode was hard to understand and decipher, since it was hoodspeak)

achiro
8/1/2013, 03:00 PM
I like both shows but never really got the comparison.

Lott's Bandana
8/1/2013, 03:36 PM
I just watched Episode 1 of The Wire last night. So far, I would rate Justified WAY above the Wire.(SO much of the dialogue in The Wire's first episode was hard to understand and decipher, since it was hoodspeak)

Keep going. You get 5 seasons, each from a different group perspective as the story continues, all core characters that reoccur each season. One season is the hood/cops, one is City Hall, one is the print media, etc. Pretty dayum brilliant.

You will eventually find it intriguing and a bit amazing that Baltimore was fully supportive of the show. At least, that is my understanding.

GDC
8/1/2013, 04:31 PM
Justified is a great show, but The Wire is in a class by itself.

8/5/2013, 07:45 PM
I've now watched 8 of the 13 episodes in Season 1 of the Wire. I like it better than i did starting out, but with all the hoodspeak, it is a bit difficult to follow some of the dialogue. So far, I would rate Justified much higher than Wire. Of course, they are so different it's a difficult comparison.

Lott's Bandana
8/6/2013, 08:45 AM
I've now watched 8 of the 13 episodes in Season 1 of the Wire. I like it better than i did starting out, but with all the hoodspeak, it is a bit difficult to follow some of the dialogue. So far, I would rate Justified much higher than Wire. Of course, they are so different it's a difficult comparison.

Fair enough. Obviously most of us have watched The Wire first, so that might make a difference in perception. Keep charging...one of the great things about The Wire, from a photographer's standpoint, is the excellent cinema/videography. The outside scenes are done in a way that the hood sometimes looks like a painting. Adds to the Shakespearian effect of the story.

8/13/2013, 08:04 PM
Keep going. You get 5 seasons, each from a different group perspective as the story continues, all core characters that reoccur each season. One season is the hood/cops, one is City Hall, one is the print media, etc. Pretty dayum brilliant.

You will eventually find it intriguing and a bit amazing that Baltimore was fully supportive of the show. At least, that is my understanding.I finished Season 1. I liked it a lot better as it went on, but had troubles from time to time deciphering what was said, with all the inner city slang.

Are all 5 seasons the same group of cops?

8/14/2013, 06:56 PM
all-time faves:

OU Football
Breaking Bad
Deadwood
Justified
Malcolm in the Middle
Seinfeld
The Riches
MASH, first 2 or 3 seasons

Lott's Bandana
8/15/2013, 12:11 AM
I finished Season 1. I liked it a lot better as it went on, but had troubles from time to time deciphering what was said, with all the inner city slang.

Are all 5 seasons the same group of cops?

for the most part. The stevedore season introduces some ports authority type officers, as well as the rest of the ones you have become familiar with.

Lott's Bandana
8/15/2013, 12:12 AM
all-time faves:

OU Football
Breaking Bad
Deadwood
Justified
Malcolm in the Middle
Seinfeld
The Riches
MASH, first 2 or 3 seasons

Kind of surprised no Sopranos?

8/15/2013, 12:14 AM
thnx re the Wire info. I must not warm up well to the mob or something. I watched the Sopranos a couple of times, and it didn't inspire me to stay with it.:sour::cold::apologetic::apathy::uncomfortablen ess:

3/11/2015, 11:50 AM
Season 6, 2015

Well, this is the last season, announced. The season is roughly half over, and it's down to Sam Elliott vs the Boyd Crowder small gang, for Elliott's money in the vault in the pizzeria. Both vs Raylan and the US Marshall's office.

Boyd is still planning to come into the vault via the old mine shaft, it seems. I'm feeling more certain that we won't see Wendy Crowe again this year. Pity! Just a few more episodes to go.

dwarthog
3/11/2015, 12:19 PM
Hate to see the show end, it's been entertaining.

Raylan certainly closed the door on his families past and is looking to close it out with Boyd as well.

Boyd should walk with that 100k, but that pile of money in the vault is taunting him.

3/11/2015, 12:34 PM
Yeah, Arlan Givens was a mess, and it seems like it's good that Raylan is dealing with his past the way he is. Which of the bad guys will die before the show ends? Which of the good guys? I would like to see Ava live, and Art. and Raylan.

dwarthog
3/11/2015, 08:01 PM
Raylan, his ex wife/soon to be wife, Ava, Art should make it.

Hate to see Boyd get it, damn he's been entertaining, but he's come back from the dead once already.

Wynn Duffy? He's got that cockroach quality. I'm betting he escapes somehow.

Sam and Mary, their characters look to be on a collision course.

I figure someone in the marshal service is going to get it, Tim maybe? Rachel perhaps?

3/11/2015, 08:07 PM
The last few episodes figure to be explosive!

hawaii 5-0
3/12/2015, 02:05 PM
A little part of me hopes Boyd Crowder walks away.

5-0

3/12/2015, 02:15 PM
A little part of me hopes Boyd Crowder walks away.

5-0Understandable, but you prolly don't want him to move to YOUR city.

BetterSoonerThanLater
3/12/2015, 09:53 PM
So the real question is...

Eva

or

Winona?

TTIWWP

hawaii 5-0
3/12/2015, 11:57 PM
Understandable, but you prolly don't want him to move to YOUR city.

The Samoans and Hawaiians would pound his head in. He wouldn't last long here.

5-0

3/13/2015, 12:34 AM
The Samoans and Hawaiians would pound Boyd's head in. He wouldn't last long here.

5-0What would he try to steal from them, poi?

dwarthog
3/13/2015, 07:29 AM
He may go after their spam. That would put them in a bad mood quickly.

hawaii 5-0
3/13/2015, 12:47 PM
A new Target opened here last week. True to live at the check out area where they have all the 'impulse' stuff, candy, batteries, mac nuts.......were shelves of Spam.

Target did their marketing research.

You can even get Spam & eggs at McDonalds.

5-0

GDC
3/21/2015, 07:40 PM
I'm glad some others are paying attention to this show. It's one of the few I DVR.

3/21/2015, 07:48 PM
Predictions on who is alive at the end of the show. I say Raylan lives, Ava, Winona and child, Art and the new head honcho marshall all live.

3/25/2015, 02:52 AM
Just one episode left... All are still alive except for Loretta and her aunt or whoever it was that Markham had killed by the evil Boone, or whatever his name is. I've seen it predicted that Raylan and Boone have a shootout, and Raylan might die. Well, according to the previews, Boyd doesn't die of the gunshot wound, Raylan or someone catches Ava on the run.

If next week truly is the last episode, it should be loaded with action.

hawaii 5-0
3/25/2015, 12:46 PM
I hope it's a 2 hour finale.

5-0

4/1/2015, 02:02 AM
Well, I was wrong about tonight being the last episode. There are 2 more, with the series ending April 14. Catherine kaput, and I was surprised that Sweet Loretta is still alive and kicking on the show. Just 3 killed tonight.

hawaii 5-0
4/3/2015, 03:42 PM
Boyd seems indestructible.

Can't wait to see the final showdown between Raylan and Markham's newest hired gun.

Loretta's always been a survivor.

Rush, did you watch the Shield series?

5-0

4/8/2015, 02:12 AM
Boyd seems indestructible.

Can't wait to see the final showdown between Raylan and Markham's newest hired gun.

Loretta's always been a survivor.

Rush, did you watch the Shield series?

5-0Well, Boyd's new injury, the schrapnel from uncle Zacharia's suicide bomb, might slow him down in teh finale next week. I want Loretta to kill the Colorado hired gun AND Markham. Ava should go back into the state pen.

How much money did Wynn Duffy get, and where did he get it?(I know Catherine's jewelry was valuable) I have a gut feeling Raylan might die, somehow.

I saw one season of the Shield, and yeah, Walton Goggins was in it.

4/8/2015, 02:16 PM
Comments and predictions!

dwarthog
4/8/2015, 03:59 PM
I expected to see at least one of the main characters "get it" last night but it looks like it's all being saved for the series finale.

Lots of threads to tie up.

Raylan emerges OK, maybe "winged" but nothing life threatening.

I figure that Ava takes out Boyd and maybe catches one that takes her out in the process, after Boyd and Raylan saves her and Loretta from Markam and his boys and Raylan takes out the "Billy the Kid" wannabe in a quick draw contest.

Somethings gotta happen to that dick Fed lawyer. He's earned it.

4/8/2015, 04:13 PM
I want to see Loretta shoot somebody...maybe Markham's billy the kid sidekick.

hawaii 5-0
4/8/2015, 05:24 PM
I want to see Loretta shoot somebody...maybe Markham's billy the kid sidekick.

I can live with that scenario.

I still hope to see Raylan survive, go back to Florida and be a father to his kid.

I miss Raylan's father. He was a rascally coot.

5-0

GDC
4/8/2015, 06:06 PM
As long as they don't kill Constable Bob I'm good.

4/8/2015, 06:08 PM
I was glad when Arlan was whiffed. Thought he was a jerk and unlikeable. I would be fine with Raylan returning to his wife in FL. Would like to see Wendy Crowe again, maybe in FL in a bikini

4/8/2015, 06:10 PM
As long as they don't kill Constable Bob I'm good.He's a good one, ain't he?! He will get more parts in tv land, maybe movies too.

yermom
4/12/2015, 07:44 PM
I was glad when Arlan was whiffed. Thought he was a jerk and unlikeable. I would be fine with Raylan returning to his wife in FL. Would like to see Wendy Crowe again, maybe in FL in a bikini

Alica Witt has always been cute

He's a good one, ain't he?! He will get more parts in tv land, maybe movies too.

Patton Oswalt is already a big deal as a comic. he's been in a fair amount of stuff

yermom
4/12/2015, 07:45 PM
I expected to see at least one of the main characters "get it" last night but it looks like it's all being saved for the series finale.

Lots of threads to tie up.

Raylan emerges OK, maybe "winged" but nothing life threatening.

I figure that Ava takes out Boyd and maybe catches one that takes her out in the process, after Boyd and Raylan saves her and Loretta from Markam and his boys and Raylan takes out the "Billy the Kid" wannabe in a quick draw contest.

Somethings gotta happen to that dick Fed lawyer. He's earned it.

that's what i was thinking. a lot to happen in one episode!

4/12/2015, 08:38 PM
Alica Witt has always been cute

Patton Oswalt is already a big deal as a comic. he's been in a fair amount of stuffI don't watch as many movies and tv shows as a lot of people, so there are lots of new talent I am unfamiliar with. Such as Bradley Cooper in American Sniper. I had never heard of him, but he got a monster payday from that one.

Loretta will get some new gigs, I predict. She's plenty cute and likeable. Looking forward to more Alicia Witt too, of course.

yermom
4/12/2015, 09:42 PM
I don't watch as many movies and tv shows as a lot of people, so there are lots of new talent I am unfamiliar with. Such as Bradley Cooper in American Sniper. I had never heard of him, but he got a monster payday from that one.

Loretta will get some new gigs, I predict. She's plenty cute and likeable. Looking forward to more Alicia Witt too, of course.

Bradley Cooper was really good in Silver Linings Playbook, also was in the Hangover movies :)

Alicia Witt was in stuff when she was younger. hadn't seen her for a while before that stint on this show

4/14/2015, 08:03 PM
JUSTIFIED last episode tonight!

stoopified
4/14/2015, 10:38 PM
One of best series finales I have ever seen.

yermom
4/15/2015, 01:19 AM
"the risk of taking the head shot"

4/15/2015, 02:12 AM
"We dug coal together."

dwarthog
4/15/2015, 07:23 AM
Excellent ending!

Did anyone watch Timothy Olyphant on Conan last night? They were sipping some Kentucky bourbon from a "mason jar".

4/15/2015, 12:35 PM
I wish I had known he was going to be on it. I assume they talked about Justified and how it ended?

dwarthog
4/15/2015, 12:39 PM
They did talk about the show. Not so much about how it ended though. Just in general.

4/15/2015, 01:00 PM
They did talk about the show. Not so much about how it ended though. Just in general.Any comments by TO that were memorable? Did you see the 3 season series "Deadwood" that Olyphant also starred in?

dwarthog
4/15/2015, 01:53 PM
Any comments by TO that were memorable? Did you see the 3 season series "Deadwood" that Olyphant also starred in?

The story about the mason jar full of Blanton's was interesting.

They can't drink on the set so the prop crew pours out the bourbon and fills it with diet pepsi and water. Thus the mason jar of bourbon they were pouring drinks from last night.

hawaii 5-0
4/16/2015, 01:59 PM
Pretty much tied together into a neat little package.

All the good ones walk away.

5-0

4/16/2015, 02:38 PM
Pretty much tied together into a neat little package.

All the good ones walk away.

5-0Jeez! a definition of walking away could be provided. Also, Boyd as a good one befuddles. How many murders did he do? Who struck gold but Wynn Duffy?!?!?

hawaii 5-0
4/17/2015, 01:25 PM
Jeez! a definition of walking away could be provided. Also, Boyd as a good one befuddles. How many murders did he do? Who struck gold but Wynn Duffy?!?!?

I forgot about the sleezebag Duffy. Well, as a stretch he got Eva out.

I had no problem with Boyd surviving. He was an outlaw at heart. I accepted that. At least he's put away.

I wished there was a scene showing Loretta as Queen of Harlin County, ruling over her pot crops.

5-0

dwarthog
4/17/2015, 03:20 PM
I was thinking that same thing.

Loretta as the Pot Queen of Harlin county. Would have been a nice tie back to Mags.

GDC
4/17/2015, 06:59 PM
Constable Bob survived. I see a spin off in the future!

4/17/2015, 07:16 PM
Loretta is a hawt bumpkin. Maybe a 10 episode miniseries of her on top of her Brave New World.

hawaii 5-0
4/18/2015, 08:09 PM
Constable Bob survived. I see a spin off in the future!

He's in that new series Battlecreek IIRC. Plays the mayor.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
4/18/2015, 08:11 PM
Loretta is a hawt bumpkin. Maybe a 10 episode miniseries of her on top of her Brave New World.

Had a girlfriend very much like her once. She was from Newcastle and was a true hick. Shared the same birthday. Fun for awhile.

5-0