PDA

View Full Version : OU caravan dates announced

badger
4/27/2011, 01:08 PM
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110427_92_0_NORMAN785090)

June 2: Dallas
June 8: Tulsa
Aug. 1: OKC

If you've never attended before, you pay about $30 per person for a meal, to listen to coaches talk about how awesome OU is and a big huge line for coach autographs (not personalized and no time for photos with them unfortunately). Occasionally, alums and current players or other assistants will also appear.

Looks like the Lon-ster isn't going to appear in Tulsa, but Sherri and Stoops will be at all three. If you don't have anything to get autographed, they had photos to autograph when I went to one a few years ago.

KuppiKunta
4/27/2011, 01:48 PM
How much did you make on Ebay?

badger
4/27/2011, 02:27 PM
I have no idea what the going rate for a Stoops autograph is on eBay, but I imagine it's going down because he so freely gives his 'graph to OU fans and always has.

Buying and selling autographs on eBay isn't really something I am inclined to do, especially for OU coaches and players that visit Norman so often (or live in town)

bmjlr
4/27/2011, 02:47 PM
What?!!! No Wichita date? :( The caravan normally comes through Wichita every other year. I hope they didn't cancel coming to Wichita forever! :mad:

goingoneight
4/27/2011, 08:16 PM
What?!!! No Wichita date? :( The caravan normally comes through Wichita every other year. I hope they didn't cancel coming to Wichita forever! :mad:

We already got Blake Bell. ;)

nativesooner
4/28/2011, 03:13 PM
We already got Blake Bell. ;)

:D that's what I was going to say.. Don't worry bmjrl, you might get Lew Hill, Chad Thrailkill, and Bruce Kittle to come up during the week sometime? ;)

humblesooner
4/29/2011, 03:17 PM
They tend to come to Houston every other year or so. I think it is a little bit of a budget issue. Even though the money is there, the appearance of jetting all of the place can leave some with the wrong impression in the current economy.

StoopTroup
4/29/2011, 05:17 PM
Tulsa's is right near my House and I've always been to busy to go. Maybe this year.