What do you think about the NLRB telling Boeing they can't have a plant in
non-union South Carolina ??

to put it very mildly; i don't like it.

Jammin'
4/27/2011, 10:13 AM
If it brings teh plant to OK it's OK.

yermom
4/27/2011, 10:14 AM
why would they like non-union OK better?

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 10:14 AM
If it brings teh plant to OK it's OK.

they've already built a new facility.

Jammin'
4/27/2011, 10:16 AM
yeah, see I don't really care or follow along with that. I'm for high speed rail.

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 10:19 AM
yeah, see I don't really care or follow along with that. I'm for high speed rail.

then why would you want a "worthless" aircraft plant in OK??

TheHumanAlphabet
4/27/2011, 10:24 AM
Government intrusion....Union payback from Obummer.... Slippery slope. Boeing has done nothing wrong, this I hope gets squashed or defunded by DeMint...

Aldebaran
4/27/2011, 10:25 AM
It won't be worthless once we convert it to building space ships for the Oklahoma Spaceport. Gateway to otter spayce!

Romulus
4/27/2011, 10:27 AM
Did someone say otter?

Aldebaran
4/27/2011, 10:36 AM
Hahahaha.

Good god I'm easily entertained.

CrimsonCream
4/27/2011, 11:52 AM
Government intrusion....Union payback from Obummer.... Slippery slope. Boeing has done nothing wrong, this I hope gets squashed or defunded by DeMint...

You are correct.

The NLRB has ruled that Boeing cannot open its new non-Union plant in South Carolina because it discriminates against Union workers. (How's this telling a business what they can and cannot do by the Government.)

Boeing built the plant in South Carolina in response to a Union strike at its other plant in Washington State. Almost crippled Boeing.

Such a sorry excuse for a President and Government.

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 12:25 PM
What do you think about the NLRB telling Boeing they can't have a plant in

to put it very mildly; i don't like it.

Link?

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 12:39 PM
I found this....

The N.L.R.B. is accusing the company of setting up a nonunion production line in South Carolina to retaliate against unionized workers in Washington State for striking. The board wants to force Boeing to make all of its new Dreamliner jets in Washington, rather than make 30 percent of them at the new line in Charleston.

I just had a friend transfer to DC from Washington State and Boeing paid a ****load of money to transfer him there. Now...I'd imagine he is packing his stuff for South Carolina. He doesn't have much Seniority and is always going to be the first to get a layoff. He loves what he does for a living and is very good at it However....he's pretty green when it comes to Boeing Aircraft. He's divorced and able to move as soon as he gets home from his last shift.

Great Place to work if you like following managements stupid attempts to **** on their employees instead of work it out with them I guess.

Anyone trying to have stability in their life and their kids lives shouldn't consider Boeing IMO. If you are able to move every week as they continue to try and stop unionization....it's a great Company.

Pretty sad the lengths management will go to to try and avoid having people who really know what they are doing and happy working for them anymore. Spend Millions to get what you want today to only find out that 5-15 years from now.....your products suck and your people you need help from are greenhorns instead of involved in helping you save millions over decades.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/26/opinion/26tue2.html

Aldebaran
4/27/2011, 12:45 PM
Another example of a terrible corporate actor getting lots of money from the gub'mint to build planes to support our ginormous military and trying to **** on their workers.

pphilfran
4/27/2011, 12:53 PM
Another example of a terrible corporate actor getting lots of money from the gub'mint to build planes to support our ginormous military and trying to **** on their workers.

Revenue for last year was just under 15 billion...revenue from defense purchasing was 7.62 billion...

Profit was a little over a half billion the last two years...

delhalew
4/27/2011, 01:38 PM
Revenue for last year was just under 15 billion...revenue from defense purchasing was 7.62 billion...

Stop that, you tricky devil.

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 01:46 PM

I wonder how much profits these Corporations could make if they were run by someone who owned it....instead of someone who tries to get rich off of something they don't own?

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 03:07 PM
Link?

Saw it on fox news, early this morning.

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 03:10 PM

This facility in SC is going to build the 787, dreamliner. Commercial.

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2011, 03:11 PM
then why would you want a "worthless" aircraft plant in OK??

are you suggesting that it'll be a worthless aircraft plant because it wont have the union?

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 03:15 PM
I wonder how much profits these Corporations could make if they were run by someone who owned it....instead of someone who tries to get rich off of something they don't own?

Who owns a corp as large as Boeing.

About your friend, if he's really good @ what he does, he won't get laid off or is not as likely to get laid off.

As someone who got laid off 3 or 4 times from defense plants, i know the "good ones" are much more likely to remain.

sometimes,of coures, they shut down a whole program & then everybody is gone.

soonercoop1
4/27/2011, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=texaspokieokie;3210183]What do you think about the NLRB telling Boeing they can't have a plant in

to put it very mildly; i don't like it.[/QUOTE

Would guess it would be over-turned in court....people better wake up and realize that the Obama administration will do whatever it wants whether its contitutional or not...

Sooner5030
4/27/2011, 06:08 PM
Boeing vs. Unions

reminds me of UT vs. OSU.

usmc-sooner
4/27/2011, 06:32 PM

a proven waste of money

SouthCarolinaSooner
4/27/2011, 07:18 PM
http://www.charlestonbatterytour.com/fort-sumter-fire.jpg

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 07:46 PM
Who owns a corp as large as Boeing.

About your friend, if he's really good @ what he does, he won't get laid off or is not as likely to get laid off.

As someone who got laid off 3 or 4 times from defense plants, i know the "good ones" are much more likely to remain.

I think you missed the point. He has the ability to move to where the work is. He's only loyal to the paycheck.

Like you said...

My point is that doing that is what they deem as good management. The folks who love what they do and want stability for their kids will take this once or twice.....but to use this tactic as a long standing practice will put an end to the Corporation someday.

Back in the 70's I knew an owner who would let his Employees borrow money when they fell on hard times. They didn't need to go to the bank. They didn't need to sign anything. It was obvious that he was an important part of the business.

What you see being done here....it doesn't take into consideration any of that. It's like Kevin Costner's Dream...."If you built it....they will come". Not always. Some folks get tired of being treated like that. It works real good in times like this though. If the job market wasn't in Boeing favor....they might be really screwed.

soonercruiser
4/27/2011, 08:12 PM
I found this....

I just had a friend transfer to DC from Washington State and Boeing paid a ****load of money to transfer him there. Now...I'd imagine he is packing his stuff for South Carolina. He doesn't have much Seniority and is always going to be the first to get a layoff. He loves what he does for a living and is very good at it However....he's pretty green when it comes to Boeing Aircraft. He's divorced and able to move as soon as he gets home from his last shift.

Great Place to work if you like following managements stupid attempts to **** on their employees instead of work it out with them I guess.

Anyone trying to have stability in their life and their kids lives shouldn't consider Boeing IMO. If you are able to move every week as they continue to try and stop unionization....it's a great Company.

Pretty sad the lengths management will go to to try and avoid having people who really know what they are doing and happy working for them anymore. Spend Millions to get what you want today to only find out that 5-15 years from now.....your products suck and your people you need help from are greenhorns instead of involved in helping you save millions over decades.

Dumb argument!
1. The owner of a business has the right to employ whomever it wants to; and be in a right-to-work state.
2. Union jobs, and union companies have made plenty of American trash products in the past!

soonercruiser
4/27/2011, 08:14 PM
are you suggesting that it'll be a worthless aircraft plant because it wont have the union?

That's exactly what Stoop is implying!
:rolleyes:

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 08:25 PM

no i was replying to "jammin"
I think it'll be better without the union. the union in seattle struck & nearly
crippled Boeing, which was probably why they built a non-union plant.

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 08:27 PM
Dumb argument!
1. The owner of a business has the right to employ whomever it wants to; and be in a right-to-work state.
2. Union jobs, and union companies have made plenty of American trash products in the past!

Who's the owner?

BTW...I didn't bring up Union at all. I'm telling you a Union Worker is following the work there because he's single and able too. The problems they are trying to solve will follow them and the folks who have Families will lose. They might follow but these days Families are two income entities.

BTW Cruiser....the NLRB is there because it's a transportation company. Right to work has no effect on whether or not that place is a Union. Because they are a transportation manufacturer of mass transit....they have rules to follow and the NLRB is going to be there unless the gov't gets it changed. Boeing has little say in it.

AggieTool
4/27/2011, 08:28 PM
The only flaw in your reasoning is that there's nothing that prohibits the employees in SC from joining a union.

"Right to work" means they're not forced to join a union.

If unions are such a great deal, why would anyone have to be forced to begin with?

I found this....

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 08:31 PM
Boeing has, as far as i know, a good track record, as for as product quality goes.

the owner(s) are the stockholders.

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 08:33 PM
in "right-to-work" states, union power is greatly diminished.

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2011, 08:33 PM
i'm about as anti-union as you'll find

i'm all for Boeing moving to SC if thats what they wish to do

AggieTool
4/27/2011, 08:34 PM
in "right-to-work" states, union power is greatly diminished.

Why...

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 08:36 PM
Why...

because lotsa people who don't have to join, don't join. then the union doesn't represent all the workers.

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 08:38 PM
i'm about as anti-union as you'll find

i'm all for Boeing moving to SC if thats what they wish to do

i'm not all that "anti-union",but i feel it's best for Boeing to move the plant to SC, and the new plant has been built.

AggieTool
4/27/2011, 08:40 PM
because lotsa people who don't have to join, don't join. then the union doesn't represent all the workers.

Why wouldn't people want to join the union?

soonercruiser
4/27/2011, 08:41 PM
AND....IN OTHER BOEING NEWS.....

Dignitaries cheer Boeing's new operation in OKC
Officials with Boeing, accompanied by Gov. Mary Fallin, Rep. Tom Cole and City Councilman Pat Ryan, celebrated the start of construction Tuesday on a 320,000-square-foot, six-story building that will house the company's expanding local workforce.

The building at SE 59 and Air Depot is being designed and built by the Gardner Tanenbaum Group, a commercial real estate company based in Oklahoma City.
The building is expected to open in the second quarter of 2012.

In August, Boeing announced plans to move the B-1 program and C-130 Avionics Modernization Program to Oklahoma City from Long Beach, Calif.
http://www.newsok.com/article/3562289
http://newsok.com/multimedia/video/919888588001

And, it would seem like the NLRB is going to takle on all the states whose Legislatures have passed anti-collective bargaining laws.
(I guess all the liberal lawyers need some work)

NLRB will sue Ariz., SD over union laws
http://www.newsok.com/article/feed/253031

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 08:41 PM
i'm not all that "anti-union",but i feel it's best for Boeing to move the plant to SC, and the new plant has been built.

It will still be Union though. You understand that right?

soonercruiser
4/27/2011, 08:43 PM

....continued.....
.....and then the unions don't get all the money (mandatory union dues) they want to pass along for liberal, Demoncratic causes...

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2011, 08:46 PM
here's how i'd describe a typical union to somebody that asked

i've got 5 employees who are going to be tasked with digging holes. I send them all out and tell them to dig as many holes as they can within 2 hours.

Employee A digs 20 holes
Employee's B, C, D all dig between 9 and 12 each
Employee E dig's 5 holes.

Guess what - the union will bargain for 5 holes to be the work standard.....Employee A has no motivation or reason to work above the minimum standard. In fact, if he shows any proclivity towards management, he'll be discouraged and possibly chastised for not being a "union brother."

Union's are largely anti-management and absorb a great deal of management time dealing with complete BS

unions had a place years ago - and in some industries today where safety is a real issue -they still do - but its my belief that for the most part - they are counter productive for business

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 08:47 PM
AND....IN OTHER BOEING NEWS.....

And, it would seem like the NLRB is going to takle on all the states whose Legislatures have passed anti-collective bargaining laws.
(I guess all the liberal lawyers need some work)

If that's what you believe...have at it. It took me a few years to understand why some things were the way they are. Now....during a time when we need to cut and spend less on Legislation and fighting.....the Politicians you listed are allowing themselves to be used by these Corporations to take on the Federal Government. If Mary ends up getting our Federal Funding cut because of it....she'll be a real hero.

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 08:51 PM

i've got 5 employees who are going to be tasked with digging holes. I send them all out and tell them to dig as many holes as they can within 2 hours.

Employee A digs 20 holes

Guess what - the union will bargain for 5 holes to be the work standard.....Employee A has no motivation or reason to work above the minimum standard. In fact, if he shows any proclivity towards management, he'll be discouraged and possibly chastised for not being a "union brother."

Union's are largely anti-management and absorb a great deal of management time dealing with complete BS

unions had a place years ago - and in some industries today where safety is a real issue -they still do - but its my belief that for the most part - they are counter productive for business

Of course....we aren't talking about typical unions here.

I know many of you think you have an understanding of the laws that have been in place for decades....

It's possible that they may need to be altered. Just don't be surprised if it turns out hurting this State. One of Oklahoma's Largest Employers falls into this category. You could be giving them just as much cause to spend billions in another State.

ByrnHoustonsSweatyPalms
Boeing plants in Tulsa and McAlester until 2005 when they sold it to Spirit Aerosystems.

soonercruiser
Personal Example:
Union official warned my father to slow down, working at the mines in WV.
Dad is a hard worker, and worked at his normal pace, trying to please the owners, because he knew that fixing things like the conveyor belts helps keep other worker busy (working).
Union official turns power on (accidentally) while my father is working on 660V power line (after being told not to go near any switches).
Dad survives, but is mamed for life, and medically retires.
***Union opens up 5 job positions to cover the job my father was doing.
Within 3 years, mines closes!
FACT!!!!!

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 08:52 PM
Boeing plants in Tulsa and McAlester until 2005 when they sold it to Spirit Aerosystems.

They sure did.

soonercruiser
4/27/2011, 08:55 PM
If that's what you believe...have at it. It took me a few years to understand why some things were the way they are. Now....during a time when we need to cut and spend less on Legislation and fighting.....the Politicians you listed are allowing themselves to be used by these Corporations to take on the Federal Government. If Mary ends up getting our Federal Funding cut because of it....she'll be a real hero.

I, personally did not mention any politicians.
I posted a headline, the quoted a news article.
I'll bet you were upset that a conservative was even elected Governor.

As for Mary Fallin, if she can get the state going without any federal funds (or federal "strings"), Oklahoma would be all the better for it!

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2011, 08:56 PM
Of course....we aren't talking about typical unions here.

I know many of you think you have an understanding of the laws that have been in place for decades....

It's possible that they may need to be altered. Just don't be surprised if it turns out hurting this State. One of Oklahoma's Largest Employers falls into this category. You could be giving them just as much cause to spend billions in another State.

just curious - how do you know what level of knowledge or understanding of the laws i possess?

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 09:06 PM
just curious - how do you know what level of knowledge or understanding of the laws i possess?

I don't....it's a wild freaking guess based on the comments your are making in this thread. Either you are taking the stance you are because you are anti-union or Union.

I don't understand why anyone who wishes to see this State lose jobs and lots of jobs....would back Mary Fallin on this. I've personally s/w David Boren on all of this. It's possible he might have changed his views on this but when I s/w him last....he absolutlely knew that it wasn't Unions in this state that were ruining Oklahoma.

He was part of protecting workers right for decades. He is also against workers ruining a company. In the case of most Union jobs in this State....there is little merit to upset anything here because of someone's political belief.

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 09:09 PM

Employee A digs 20 holes

This thread right here can be refuted by what has taken place at one of Oklahoma's largest Employers.

Whether you work there or not....you are 100 % wrong about everything you stated in this post when it comes to the NLRB and that situation.

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2011, 09:12 PM
no, i'm really not

and i have quite a bit of knowledge about collective bargaining laws

my opinion of unions comes from my own personal beliefs and has nothing to do with what i know or don't know

i dont live in oklahoma - since we're assuming, i'll assume you're a union man

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2011, 09:15 PM
how bout we just agree to disagree

you dont know me and i dont know you - neither of us will change each others minds

OutlandTrophy
4/27/2011, 09:24 PM
ST is an expert on everything. every. thing.

soonercruiser
4/27/2011, 09:41 PM
"WE are unworthy"!
:(

Whet
4/27/2011, 10:00 PM
Boeing moved their headquarters from Seattle to Chicago about 2-3 years ago!

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 11:28 PM
no, i'm really not

and i have quite a bit of knowledge about collective bargaining laws

my opinion of unions comes from my own personal beliefs and has nothing to do with what i know or don't know

i dont live in oklahoma - since we're assuming, i'll assume you're a union man

Everybody assumes that. I think it's pretty funny. I've been around one for 22 years though. They did get automatic dues from me because of the NLRB for a few years too. I've seen a lot of folks really put aside work rules and take on management roles to help bring in business. I never thought that would ever happen and that bunch out there helped bring in 1/2 a billion dollars in profitable business. I would have called anyone a liar if they could pull that off.....but they did. IMO....it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in 32 years of working.

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 11:33 PM
Personal Example:
Dad is a hard worker, and worked at his normal pace, trying to please the owners, because he knew that fixing things like the conveyor belts helps keep other worker busy (working).
Union official turns power on (accidentally) while my father is working on 660V power line (after being told not to go near any switches).
Dad survives, but is mamed for life, and medically retires.
***Union opens up 5 job positions to cover the job my father was doing.
Within 3 years, mines closes!
FACT!!!!!

We weren't talking about your Dad's Mine though. We are talking Airplanes/Transportation. I'm sorry your Dad had such a horrible work injury.

StoopTroup
4/27/2011, 11:41 PM
Was thinking about 2025 too. I wonder if Fallin runs off the largest Employer in Oklahoma....if they will pay back all the dough they got for staying?

jk the sooner fan
4/28/2011, 07:12 AM
i spent 3 years working with NATCA.....most unprofessional and counter productive union i can think of

StoopTroup
4/28/2011, 07:50 AM
i spent 3 years working with NATCA.....most unprofessional and counter productive union i can think of

I know 3 people on here that have had bad union experiences. I believe that happens and I won't ever say that the one I wad around was perfect either. What I will say is this...

I have worked for some really ****ty business owners who would have benefited from a Union Work force. They might not have gone through as many bankruptcies if they had had a workforce with a backbone that didn't have a bunch of suck ups kissing their *** of feeding off them like a son with a crack addition. Yes I have seen some employees ride a job like s whore too.

This world isn't perfect. Either side in this Boeing mess isn't perfect either. It's just another example of people not getting along. Pretty much like this board the last 3 months. These things happen though and somethings things get fixed if you quit ****ing around with it.

StoopTroup
4/28/2011, 08:03 AM
The only flaw in your reasoning is that there's nothing that prohibits the employees in SC from joining a union.

"Right to work" means they're not forced to join a union.

If unions are such a great deal, why would anyone have to be forced to begin with?

That wasn't my point. I wouldn't have joined. Thing is after more than a decade, I see some of it's useful points. Especially when it comes to safety. I see some stuff that needs fixing too as nothing is perfect. If I was to go into it, I'd spend an eternity arguing though. Like Cruiser, many are going to have a position different than mine. I wouldn't expect him to change his mind as he saw his Father suffer and they have spent years blaming the union because someone made a life altering mistake that resulted in his Father being nearly killed. I'm not gonna go into much more as I too have seen some real dip****s in the work force that probably shouldn't be doing safety sensitive work but think they are Gods of it.

CrimsonCream
4/28/2011, 09:45 AM

Cruiser,

Where in West Virginia?

I'm doing a hospital project in Bluefield and there are many coal mines around here.

I had never seen a coal mine or coal before and it is really fascination to see coal come out of a hole in the middle of a big mountain. Also, seeing a couple of miles of fully loaded train coal cars is equally interesting.

Now, Obama says he's going to clean up the coal industry and make it a clean industry. Nice way to destroy an entire State's economy.

The example of the Union and the "5 holes." Guy here at the hospital transferred from Materials Management to Engineering. Guy was continually hazed because he worked harder than the others and finally had to transfer back.

texaspokieokie
4/28/2011, 10:10 AM
It will still be Union though. You understand that right?

Chance vought employees voted in the IAM. after a while, they decided to get rid of IAM & kicked them out, in South Carolina.

if Boeing is ever allowed to operate (by the way, they bought the Vought plant that was building stuff for Boeing) their new facility in SC, it may very
well NOT be unionized.

Unions had their chance in Everett & would not accept a "no-strike" contract.

they had struck in WA, 4 times in 10 years. Union has caused serious delays in 787 schedule.

Boeing is trying to avoid more delays.

soonercruiser
4/28/2011, 05:08 PM
Crimson,
We lived in Summersville for 22 years.
That's Nicholas County (mine near Richwood and Cowan too); and the Company (originally Johnstown Coal & Coke) sold out to Massey, I believe. Dad spent many months in that VA hospital in Beckley.

Stoop,
The problem is my Dad's injuries were not an "accident".
Privately, all the workers were witnessses to the guy being warned away from electric controls. It was a murder attempt!
But, when push came to shove, Dad's so-called friends didn't want to restify against the union official.
:mad:

StoopTroup
4/28/2011, 05:22 PM
Crimson,
We lived in Summersville for 22 years.
That's Nicholas County (mine near Richwood and Cowan too); and the Company (originally Johnstown Coal & Coke) sold out to Massey, I believe. Dad spent many months in that VA hospital in Beckley.

Stoop,
The problem is my Dad's injuries were not an "accident".
Privately, all the workers were witnessses to the guy being warned away from electric controls. It was a murder attempt!
But, when push came to shove, Dad's so-called friends didn't want to restify against the union official.
:mad:

WTH are you so damn angry about? So some guy tried to kill your Dad. Evidently a bunch of them wanted to see him do it I guess. So many witnesses yet no one stopped him? Did the Union fly him out to have your Dad whacked? I told you I was sorry about him getting hurt.

What the hell is wrong with you?

soonercruiser
4/28/2011, 07:43 PM
Me! What the hell is wrong with you??
I was merely correcting your post's incorrect assumption (that it was an accident).
The other workers were afraid for their jobs (Maybe even their very lives) to testify against the union official. It was a pretty rough area.
Years later, some of them even called Dad and apologized for being silent.

Don't YOU be a jerk and try to analyze everyone else's feelings or motivations.
It's not your specialty. You don't do it very well.
:rolleyes:

KsSooner
4/29/2011, 06:36 AM

In Kansas, right to work state, you don't have to join the union but you will be held to the union contract that is negotiated by the union whether you like it or not. So if the union dues paying membership is a minority of the workers, they still dictate the contract for all 'represented' employees.

texaspokieokie
4/29/2011, 07:12 AM
In Kansas, right to work state, you don't have to join the union but you will be held to the union contract that is negotiated by the union whether you like it or not. So if the union dues paying membership is a minority of the workers, they still dictate the contract for all 'represented' employees.

guess that's why they didn't build a new plant in Wichita.

pphilfran
4/29/2011, 08:32 AM
Does a union add value to the product?

Does a union make a company more competitive?

Will a union turn a crappy company into a great company?

texaspokieokie
4/29/2011, 09:03 AM

no

texaspokieokie
5/2/2011, 10:08 AM

No, no & no !!!
but, they'll all have higher wages until the company fails.

Sooner Eclipse
5/2/2011, 01:58 PM
My short lived experience as a manager in a union controlled shop....

7:00 AM - at my desk, phone rings.
Voice on phone: Hi, this is Ms. Wxxxxx, Shandra's mom. She's sick and wont be there today.
ME: okay, thanks.

7:20 AM - Shandra Wxxxx walks in and sits down at her desk. I walk over and ask her what's up & inform her that her mother had just called her in sick.

Shandra: My Mother, she so stupid. She's supposed to call you tomorrow.

Next Day 7:00 AM - at my desk, phone rings.
Voice on Phone: Hi, this is Ms. Wxxxx, Shandra's mom. She's sick and won't be there today.
Me: Okay, thanks. <calls union steward> - nothing done.

I left the company shortly after. Buncha fuggin children!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/2/2011, 02:48 PM

Maglev has always been an interesting concept to me. The problem is that the US application has to be FREIGHT not passengers. Put a Line from Houston to Dallas to Tulsa to St Louis to Chicago and one from Miami to Atlanta (UPS) to Nashville (Fedex) to St. Louis to Reno (UPS) to Seattle/Portland/LA.

2 to 4 side by side maglevs firing unmanned freight at high speeds would do wonders for the imports/exports/internal gas consumption/etc