PDA

View Full Version : tOSU's penalty SHOULD be...

ouwasp
4/27/2011, 12:50 AM
Loss of postseason play after the 2011 season. Forfeiting games and titles from the past is such an empty penalty, imo.

Also, when Tressel finally gets back on the sideline, he has to wear a sloppy gray hoodie embroidered with a Scarlet Letter:

$

SOONER STEAKER
4/27/2011, 06:30 AM
Tressel must go, the name Tressel should never be said on campus again. AND, he must take the walk of shame with Kelvin Sampson.

cleller
4/27/2011, 07:21 AM
Tressel must go, and the Buckeyes should be coached via CCTV by CEO Mack Brown.

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 07:51 AM
MLB should take over osu.

oudavid1
4/27/2011, 09:47 AM
Tressel Fired. Gee removed. Athletic Director Fired. Loss of 5 scholarships a year for 3 years. No post season ban.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/27/2011, 10:08 AM
Loss of postseason play after the 2011 season. Forfeiting games and titles from the past is such an empty penalty, imo.

Also, when Tressel finally gets back on the sideline, he has to wear a sloppy gray hoodie embroidered with a Scarlet Letter:

$

^This plus all 2010 forfeiture and a 1-year suspension for the Sweater...

Mad Dog Madsen
4/27/2011, 10:42 AM
I say just leave them alone... :D

OU_Sooners75
4/27/2011, 10:46 AM

$

Loss of post season play after 2011?

IN case you forget, they had 5 ineligible players for their bowl game.

Post season ban for 2 years starting in 2011!
Vacate all wins of 2010.
TV ban for 2 years starting in 2012 since there are contracts for 2011. (not sure if the NCAA does this ban anymore).
Reduction in scholarships say 15 in 2 years.
Tressel may not recruit off campus or make phone calls.
Show Cause for Tressel for 5 years, if Tressel loses his job by 2013.

Any other violations by OSU football and coaching staff, Tressel will be banned for 5 years. Throw the book at Tressel, and make OSU pay for retaining his services.

soonerloyal
4/27/2011, 10:47 AM
Tressel Fired. Gee removed. Athletic Director Fired. Loss of 5 scholarships a year for 3 years. No post season ban.

You were doing so well until that last sentence. Since this is a "should-only/conjecture" thread, why on earth no postseason ban?

The hammer should come down on Tressel, Gee, Smith and the football program hard. Will it? Hell to the no. They'll skate.
:mad:

oudavid1
4/27/2011, 11:26 AM
You were doing so well until that last sentence. Since this is a "should-only/conjecture" thread, why on earth no postseason ban?

The hammer should come down on Tressel, Gee, Smith and the football program hard. Will it? Hell to the no. They'll skate.

I just feel that wont solve anything and only punish players who are innocent.

SoonerRoy
4/27/2011, 11:42 AM
I agree with the severe punishment against Ohio State suggested by some of the above posts. However, I think this entire case makes the NCAA look stupid because THEY allowed players they knew to have broken rules to play in a BCS Bowl Game.

badger
4/27/2011, 11:46 AM
Like USC, tOSU is not too big to fail or whatever. This might be exactly what the Big Ten needs to get more teams competing in their newly expanded conference, much to the chagrin of tOSU fans, yes

OU_Sooners75
4/27/2011, 12:05 PM
I agree with the severe punishment against Ohio State suggested by some of the above posts. However, I think this entire case makes the NCAA look stupid because THEY allowed players they knew to have broken rules to play in a BCS Bowl Game.

Yes, and that was was also before they found out that Tressel knew anything about it and lied about it.

What they did with the players is one thing...and yes it was stupid what they about them....they were ineligible and should not have been allowed to play, period....

but they also got those kids to stay in school...so oh well.

But now we are talking about what to do with a coach that knew he was playing ineligible players and played them anyway.

This is pretty closely related to the SMU ****...the coaches knew about that and turned a blind eye.

Wonder what else Tressel didnt report!

budbarrybob
4/27/2011, 12:21 PM

I remember this being said about SUC :D

CrimsonCommando
4/27/2011, 12:51 PM
Tressel should have to "dot the eye" for the marching band for a whole year and wear a scarlet letter. I haven't decided what letter it should be, but I have ruled out the vowels.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/27/2011, 01:06 PM
I just feel that wont solve anything and only punish players who are innocent.

There's no "I" in TEAM David! Punish them ALL!!! :rolleyes: :D

badger
4/27/2011, 01:12 PM

Remove thy gold pants, unring thy fingers and unhand any trophies you have not already sold to boosters! Thou art being punished!

oudavid1
4/27/2011, 03:17 PM

But there is an i in OhIo, not post season ban, that is just a waste of time.

texaspokieokie
4/27/2011, 03:57 PM
But there is an i in OhIo, not post season ban, that is just a waste of time.

lots more a waste of money, than time.

Memtig14
4/27/2011, 06:56 PM
DEATH!!!

VA Sooner
4/27/2011, 07:11 PM
If tOSU is smart, the president will have Gene Smith talk to Tressel behind closed doors and tell him there is no great way out of this... too much evidence, coverups, lies, etc.

Best thing for them to do now is have Tressel make a formal announcement very, very soon that he is "resigning due to the all of the distractions this has created and that he is very sorry for allowing it to escalate to this level."

That's the only way tOSU will save their future. Last season is a wash at this point... the season, the Big Ten championship and the bowl game win will all be vacated.

Tressel will have to lay low and then someone will pick him up as a coach at a lower tier school. He's a good coach... got through the Maurice Clarett fiasco looking like a saint wanting to help a very troubled man. He just had a brain fart make him want to win at all costs... and that will cost him his job... at tOSU.

CBUS_SOONER
4/27/2011, 08:33 PM
death penalty for life. f em

Mad Dog Madsen
4/28/2011, 08:46 AM
I am sure Tressel is very sorry for any wrongdoings. Let them go with a slap on the wrist... :P

the-rover
4/29/2011, 01:34 PM
Make them play their bowl games in Boise for 5 years

ashley
5/1/2011, 10:09 AM
I don't find the scope of what the kids to be all that large. Far grander things have gone on in college football.

Flagstaffsooner
5/1/2011, 01:34 PM
Tressel should have to "dot the eye" for the marching band for a whole year and wear a scarlet letter. I haven't decided what letter it should be, but I have ruled out the vowels.
M comes to mind.

http://brennenlubbers.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/michigan-wolverines.jpg

AlbqSooner
5/1/2011, 04:18 PM
There is no "I" in TEAM, but there is a "U" in F*CK you.:D

BoulderSooner79
5/1/2011, 05:36 PM
Tressel should have to get a duplicate of every tattoo that his players received as improper benefits. Then he would always have "sleeves" coming out of that vest.

ashley
5/1/2011, 07:31 PM
In the scope of college football, what the players did was not such a big deal.

OU_Sooners75
5/1/2011, 07:41 PM
Yeah, in the scope of college football, neither is getting paid for hours not worked.

But they are both violations of the NCAA Rule book.

average Tattoo costs roughly $200. Some of those guys have more than 5-10 tattoos. Meaning they pretty much got $1000 of free artwork on their body for playing football....

Oops...that is considered professionalism.

BoulderSooner79
5/1/2011, 09:36 PM
In the scope of college football, what the players did was not such a big deal.

Agreed what the players did was not an egregious violation in the grand scheme of things. But what Tressel did *is*. Knowingly playing athletes that are ineligible and then covering it up is very serious and it doesn't matter why they are ineligible. To rationalize that is a near vertical, frozen slope slathered in snot.

BeetDigger
5/1/2011, 10:23 PM
Death by Bunga Bunga