PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops will be the head coach at OU for another 15 years.

sendbaht
4/26/2011, 09:26 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/College-Football-News-Ranking-all-the-coaches-042611

Sure would be nice.:)))

sendbaht
4/26/2011, 09:27 PM
2. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma
Career record: 129-31
One of college football’s elite head coaches, Stoops has produced winner after winner despite the constant battles with Texas in the nasty Big 12 South, and isn't helped by a parade of upwardly mobile assistant coaches flowing through the program. No, there hasn’t been a national title in more than a decade, but the Sooners are in the hunt each and every year and are fixtures in BCS bowl games. How good has Stoops been? Since winning it all in 2000, OU has won 11 games or more in nine of 11 seasons while winning or tying for eight Big 12 South titles. Known as a defensive coach, his teams have been defined by offense, including the 2008 juggernaut that was among the best in college football history. While Stoops might not have the mythic status of Bud Wilkinson (.826 winning percentage) and he might not have the folk-hero status of Barry Switzer (.837 winning percentage), an .806 winning percentage puts Stoops among the giants.
Hot seat status: Absolute zero. There wasn’t any pressure after a dud of a 2009, and it would take something truly disastrous to get anyone thinking about forcing him out.
When will the change come? In more than 15 years. He has been rumored for several jobs, and it was supposedly a rock-solid lock that he was going to take over at Notre Dame when Charlie Weis was fired, but he has adamantly said he wants to stay. At more than $4 million a year, and turning 51 during the season, Stoops isn't going anywhere.

rainiersooner
4/26/2011, 10:25 PM
Aaaah yeah!

Sooner_Tuf
4/26/2011, 10:55 PM
I'd be surprised if he is here five more years. He will have made so much money he will be able to buy a small country. He probably has more money now than the US Government.

He has stated over and over he isn't going to be another Bobby Bowden or Joe Paterno. As far as I am concerned he will be welcome as long as he wants to stay. I think he leaves before we want him to.

Eielson
4/26/2011, 10:57 PM
He probably has more money now than the US Government.

Doesn't everybody?

swardboy
4/27/2011, 06:33 AM
Doesn't everybody?

Bah-dah-bing !

SoonerinLondon
4/27/2011, 08:00 AM
BS will be here as long as Boren is here, IMHO.

I believe Boren signed a 5 year contract last year.

MiccoMacey
4/27/2011, 09:13 AM
He's stated before that his next job could likely be coaching at a high school.

85sooners
4/27/2011, 09:13 AM
hell yeah

Soonermagik
4/27/2011, 09:21 AM
Why would he leave for another college job? The NFL type jobs are quick to fire you for one bad year. Plus, the NFL has a season that never truly ends. Whereas, in college he is forced to take a nice long break. I think Stoops will end his career at OU.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/27/2011, 09:29 AM
2. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma
Career record: 129-31
One of college football’s elite head coaches, Stoops has produced winner after winner despite the constant battles with Texas in the nasty Big 12 South, and isn't helped by a parade of upwardly mobile assistant coaches flowing through the program. No, there hasn’t been a national title in more than a decade, but the Sooners are in the hunt each and every year and are fixtures in BCS bowl games. How good has Stoops been? Since winning it all in 2000, OU has won 11 games or more in nine of 11 seasons while winning or tying for eight Big 12 South titles. Known as a defensive coach, his teams have been defined by offense, including the 2008 juggernaut that was among the best in college football history. While Stoops might not have the mythic status of Bud Wilkinson (.826 winning percentage) and he might not have the folk-hero status of Barry Switzer (.837 winning percentage), an .806 winning percentage puts Stoops among the giants.
Hot seat status: Absolute zero. There wasn’t any pressure after a dud of a 2009, and it would take something truly disastrous to get anyone thinking about forcing him out.
When will the change come? In more than 15 years. He has been rumored for several jobs, and it was supposedly a rock-solid lock that he was going to take over at Notre Dame when Charlie Weis was fired, but he has adamantly said he wants to stay. At more than $4 million a year, and turning 51 during the season, Stoops isn't going anywhere.

This guy wasn't reading SF.com obviously.

Sooner_Tuf
4/27/2011, 09:29 AM
Doesn't everybody?

You have a point. Everyone else on the planet is denied additional credit if they don't pay their bills.

oudavid1
4/27/2011, 09:46 AM
15 years. ill be thrilled for the next 10.

OU_Sooners75
4/27/2011, 10:54 AM
This guy wasn't reading SF.com obviously.

And obviously neither were you....

I dont recall anyone calling for Stoops head...I do recall a calling for BV and KW though.

stoopified
4/27/2011, 01:05 PM
I think Bob will not be here more than another 8 years,although I would be thrilled if he were here for 15 more.In eight years Bob and I will both be 59 and Bob has said he doesn't want to coach into old age.Eight more years will put his boys in college snd Mackenzie should be done with college and Bob can then contemplate his future options wether it is a hs teacher/coach or taking a shot n the NFL.He could just polish his 12 Conference and 4 National title trophies while enjoying retirement in the Castle D' Stoops.

KantoSooner
4/27/2011, 02:40 PM
How soon do you think Josh will be ready to take over....and when will Sam want to finish playing and start coaching QBs?
Sometime around then.

Eielson
4/28/2011, 11:08 PM
How soon do you think Josh will be ready to take over....and when will Sam want to finish playing and start coaching QBs?
Sometime around then.

I don't think Heupel has what it takes to ever be a HC.

Sabanball
4/28/2011, 11:31 PM
You have a great coach. Just enjoy the ride and while you have him--because it won't last forever.

agoo758
4/28/2011, 11:34 PM
It's ok Sabanball, because unlike other programs, we have built our tradition on more than one coach, and will do it again. Where is that sig??? You guys know what I am talking about.

MojoRisen
4/30/2011, 12:19 PM
10 years at 42 million. Probably will be more like 47 million not counting coaches show etc. At that point I think he sails off into the sunset. No reason to leave ou until retirement. Plus doesn't his wife make about a cool million a year? 70 million to stoops family over ten years pretty sure hell have everything he wants aside from a small island.

SoonerofAlabama
5/29/2011, 11:57 AM
I don't think Heupel has what it takes to ever be a HC.

Heupel can do it. Whenever Bob does leave or retires, I think Heupel would be a good fit. He is smart and knows what he is doing. A good test will be this coming season to see how he handles it.

SoonerofAlabama
5/29/2011, 01:03 PM
If Oklahoma doesn't utilize Heupel, I am sure there are several other schools that eventually will.