PDA

View Full Version : Sword Fight Erupts at NYC Sikh Temple

sooner59
4/26/2011, 05:43 PM
That must have been entertaining at the least...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_temple_melee

NEW YORK – A brawl involving cricket bats and small swords at a Sikh temple in New York City has led to riot and assault charges against seven people.

Police say the defendants interrupted prayer services at the Baba Makhan Shah Lubana Sikh Center in Queens on Sunday. They were arraigned Monday.

Temple president Jamail Singh told the Daily News that the fight was instigated by a dissident group of followers who are opposed to opening up membership.

The dispute is at the center of a lawsuit in state Supreme Court.

Some of those arrested Sunday also were charged with disrupting a religious service.

Mjcpr
4/26/2011, 06:15 PM
The title of this thread is very misleading.

StoopTroup
4/26/2011, 06:19 PM
Sounds like what happened to Hale at OUI

Temple president Jamail Singh told the Daily News that the fight was instigated by a dissident group of followers who are opposed to opening up membership.

Chuck Bao
4/26/2011, 07:06 PM
No offense to any Sikh peeps here, but these things will happen when it is the holy duty of every Sikh man to carry a sword.

Can you imagine Baptist church business meetings if they declared it is their holy duty to strap on a six-shooter?

StoopTroup
4/26/2011, 07:08 PM
Can you imagine Baptist church business meetings if they declared it is their holy duty to strap on a six-shooter?

As long as they ain't all likkered up and wanting to dance....things should go OK

Mongo
4/26/2011, 07:10 PM
No offense to any Sikh peeps here, but these things will happen when it is the holy duty of every Sikh man to carry a sword.

I am Sikh, and I am offended. they come in handy. ever open up a chip bag too aggressively ony to spill it?

I dont

AlbqSooner
4/26/2011, 07:57 PM
"Temple president Jamail Singh told the Daily News that the fight was instigated by a dissident group of followers who are opposed to opening up membership."

I'll be damned. I figured it was a bunch of folks who thought turban heads were mooslems.

Chuck Bao
4/26/2011, 08:08 PM
"Temple president Jamail Singh told the Daily News that the fight was instigated by a dissident group of followers who are opposed to opening up membership."

I'll be damned. I figured it was a bunch of folks who thought turban heads were mooslems.

You know why they wear turbans? It is also one of the holy duties of sikh men to never cut their hair.

I think Olevet is on his way to being a sikh. He just refuses to wear a towel wrapped around his head. He prefers a pony tail.

Now, if he starts carry around a sword and wearing a silver bracelet, we will all know that he has already gone sikh.

Chuck Bao
4/26/2011, 08:09 PM
I am Sikh, and I am offended. they come in handy. ever open up a chip bag too aggressively ony to spill it?

I dont

You don't have enough hair.

Mongo
4/26/2011, 08:11 PM
You don't have enough hair.

I just started.

KABOOKIE
4/26/2011, 09:41 PM
The title of this thread is very misleading.

Well that explains why Chuck is here...

yermom
4/26/2011, 11:14 PM
it's usually more of a knife than a sword, and some of them carry really small ones just to fulfill that requirement

Mongo
4/26/2011, 11:16 PM
some of them carry really small ones just to fulfill that requirement

always thinking of penises

Chuck Bao
4/27/2011, 02:24 AM
As always, I am impressed with yermom's knowledge.

sooner59
4/27/2011, 03:25 AM
Nonetheless, when worshiping is expected, and knife fights break out, I am amused.

Breadburner
4/27/2011, 06:40 AM
How bout those religous sects armed with rattle snakes.....!!!!!!!

saucysoonergal
4/27/2011, 09:54 AM
How bout those religous sects armed with rattle snakes.....!!!!!!!

Don't make fun of my religion and I won't make fun of yours.

Soonerwake
4/27/2011, 10:01 AM
it's usually more of a knife than a sword, and some of them carry really small ones just to fulfill that requirement

So, they brought knives to a swordfight?? :D

Mississippi Sooner
4/27/2011, 10:04 AM
So, they brought knives to a swordfight?? :D

"Ain't that just like a Sikh. Brings a knife to a sword fight."[/Connery]

Breadburner
4/27/2011, 10:11 AM
Don't make fun of my religion and I won't make fun of yours.

Did you put bonnets on the snakes for Easter Sunday service....???

KantoSooner
4/27/2011, 04:21 PM
As long as they ain't all likkered up and wanting to dance....things should go OK

My hands are clapping in appreciation.

sappstuf
4/27/2011, 04:28 PM
This thread is worthless without video...

I've got the goods..

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/RAW_VIDEO___Sword_Fight_at_Sikh_Temple_New_York-120738319.html

For some reason, it makes me think of the Michael Jackson video, "Beat it".