PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 01:30 PM
How high will it go? A question for all you Obama lovers, how do you like paying so much for gas?

Was this the hope and change you couldn't wait for? It's a good thing he shut down the drilling in the Gulf. Remember when they laughed at Palin's Drill Baby Drill slogan? Who is laughing now? I hope the kids that couldn't wait to put this half white fool in the Oval enjoy pumping all of their money away.

http://www.mrc.org/bmi/articles/2011/Gas_Prices_Top_aGallon_Higher_than_Year_Ago_Media_ Dont_Blame_Obama.html

The average price for a gallon of unleaded gasoline hit $3.86 on April 25, more than $1-a-gallon higher than a year earlier and less than 25 cents away from the record high price of gasoline set in July 2008.

Position Limit
4/26/2011, 01:40 PM
it's all obama's fault. and the media is conspiring to hide it. obama should just stay out of the way and let the oil compaines regulate themselves. that would really bring down gas prices and also make the world a better place. i would trust energy companies to do the right thing. would'nt you?

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 01:43 PM
it's all obama's fault. and the media is conspiring to hide it. obama should just stay out of the way and let the oil compaines regulate themselves. that would really bring down gas prices and also make the world a better place. i would trust energy companies to do the right thing. would'nt you?

Enjoy the high prices. Maybe you should stick that Obama sticker over your fuel door to remind you how great your boy is.

SoCaliSooner
4/26/2011, 01:44 PM
Obama came out last week and said it's oil speculators that are raising the prices. Nothing to see here. Move along,

Position Limit
4/26/2011, 01:46 PM
Enjoy the high prices. Maybe you should stick that Obama sticker over your fuel door to remind you how great your boy is.

what part of my post lead you to believe obama is my boy?

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 01:47 PM
Obama came out last week and said it's oil speculators that are raising the prices. Nothing to see here. Move along,

Yeah, that's true. That whole "Law of Supply and Demand" is a bitch. ;)

Mongo
4/26/2011, 01:48 PM
I remember paying a stinkload per gallon for diesel when Bush was in office

saucysoonergal
4/26/2011, 01:50 PM
But Mongo, you like the high gas prices, right?

Mississippi Sooner
4/26/2011, 01:50 PM
Drip gas is where it's at.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 01:51 PM
He probably drives a Prius. LOL

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 01:52 PM
Obama's lack of policy will affect prices in 10 years...

The current price is due to poor energy policy (cheap gas vs the rest of the industrialized world) from many prior administrations....

The
4/26/2011, 01:53 PM
So, this is the mouthbreather thread.

SoCaliSooner
4/26/2011, 01:53 PM
I remember paying a stinkload per gallon for diesel when Bush was in office
That was when he was getting him and his friends all rich and stuff. This time nobody is getting rich.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 01:54 PM
So, this is the mouthbreather thread.

Translation: I can't debate so I throw out childish insults.

Mongo

well yeah, but it also hurts me some too. a nice happy medium would be nice.

now rising *** prices are more concerning. bitches be hiking their prices

saucysoonergal

Wow, you do that agaisnt Democrats all the time!!! ;)

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 01:55 PM
Drip gas is where it's at.

I bet a bunch of people don't know about drip gas....

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 01:56 PM
I am convinced that to some folks Obama is never to blame for anything.

The
4/26/2011, 01:56 PM

No, you are a moron. A mouthbreathing **** for brains moron.

Debate that.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 01:58 PM
wow.

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 02:00 PM

We need to keep gas at as high a level as we can without significantly reeking havoc on the economy...

At $4 a gallon we will see many more fuel efficient vehicles being sold...and that would be good for the long term...

I would bump the gas tax a dime/quarter this year...and another dime each and every year moving forward...everyone would know what was coming and it would influence the car buying public....I would leave diesel at current tax levels...

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 02:00 PM

He ain't got nuttin to do with current prices...

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 02:01 PM
He ain't got nuttin to do with current prices...

Do you think shutting down drilling in the Gulf increases supply?

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 02:02 PM

Debate that.

Before I am able to debate I must know what a mouthbreathing **** for brains moron looks like...

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 02:03 PM
Do you think shutting down drilling in the Gulf increases supply?

Little on no effect on prices today...

The
4/26/2011, 02:04 PM
Before I am able to debate I must know what a mouthbreathing **** for brains moron looks like...

Ask Nate.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he MIGHT be schizophrenic. (Like really clinically insane, not in a jokey joke way). But in reality, this guy is 15 different ways ****ed in the head.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 02:07 PM
This fool's shtick is simply to hijack threads and throw excrement. He adds little if anything to any thread and loves to veer off message into a pissing match.

OUMallen
4/26/2011, 02:07 PM

Debate that.

Seconded.

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 02:08 PM
Ask Nate.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he MIGHT be schizophrenic. (Like really clinically insane, not in a jokey joke way). But in reality, this guy is 15 different ways ****ed in the head.

Sometimes I wonder about you...but your appreciation of Sufficiently Breathless tells me there is still hope.....

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 02:09 PM
This fool's shtick is simply to hijack threads and throw excrement. He adds little if anything to any thread and loves to veer off message into a pissing match.

The never throws excrement...he saves if for future parties....

Mississippi Sooner
4/26/2011, 02:11 PM
I bet a bunch of people don't know about drip gas....

When I was just a little Sooner, my dad had a job for a while where all he did was go around to the locations and make sure no one was stealing the drip gas. I don't know if anyone steals it anymore. It's low octane, so it might not be good for today's fancy engines.

Bourbon St Sooner
4/26/2011, 02:16 PM

He's going to stick it to those evil speculators just like he shut down Guantanamo and brought all the troops home from Iraq in 18 mos.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 02:28 PM
Seconded.

What the **** is Chataquah? Sounds like something a a 9 month old baby would say.

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 02:29 PM
What the **** is Chataquah? Sounds like something a a 9 month old baby would say.

A street in Norman...

CrimsonCream
4/26/2011, 02:30 PM

He was asked last week if he had made any mistakes and he said No. Of course, Bush said the same thing when asked. If you admit a mistake then the Media is all over it.

This guy takes no ownership, responsibility for anything only when it is good otherwise it is Bush's fault. (Did you hear "Sleaze" say two years can't be expected to clean up 8 years of Bush mistakes?)

I mean, here we are. Three wars, double the gas prices since Obama took office, high unemployment, no money but keep spending, no leadership on anything, etc. And where is the @sshole? Out in California running for reelection.

A President America Can Be Proud Of!

(How's that hopey changey feeling working for you now?)

Position Limit
4/26/2011, 02:38 PM
We need to keep gas at as high a level as we can without significantly reeking havoc on the economy...

so you support collusion and price floors and ceilings? hell if you only mentioned price subsidy too i would mistaken you as an oil exec. but i digress. back to the thread topic. it's all obamas fault and the media is conspiring to hide it. i'm just grateful we have a beacon of investigative journalism in fox news. where would we be without it?

SpankyNek
4/26/2011, 02:42 PM
He was asked last week if he had made any mistakes and he said No. Of course, Bush said the same thing when asked. If you admit a mistake then the Media is all over it.

This guy takes no ownership, responsibility for anything only when it is good otherwise it is Bush's fault. (Did you hear "Sleaze" say two years can't be expected to clean up 8 years of Bush mistakes?)

I mean, here we are. Three wars, double the gas prices since Obama took office, high unemployment, no money but keep spending, no leadership on anything, etc. And where is the @sshole? Out in California running for reelection.

A President America Can Be Proud Of!

(How's that hopey changey feeling working for you now?)

It's working out great for me, and one could argue (as Phil previously mentioned) great for the American people as well.

We should be moving toward an (incrementally applied) additional $1 per gallon federal tax on gasoline and diesel. Until we stop the insanity of single persons driving 8-12 mpg vehicles, society can obviously still afford to pay the rate. We have to make our dependence on oil as unpalateable to the consumer as it is unpalateable ethically (We are burning away the susbstance that could be used for construction in the next millennium.

yermom
4/26/2011, 02:44 PM
it seems the only way people give a crap about oil consumption is when gas is expensive.

if it's too expensive, **** breaks down though.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 02:46 PM
so you support collusion and price floors and ceilings? hell if you only mentioned price subsidy too i would mistaken you as an oil exec. but i digress. back to the thread topic. it's all obamas fault and the media is conspiring to hide it. i'm just grateful we have a beacon of investigative journalism in fox news. where would we be without it?

vPZdBv_F18A

Position Limit
4/26/2011, 02:50 PM
It's working out great for me, and one could argue (as Phil previously mentioned) great for the American people as well.

We should be moving toward an (incrementally applied) additional $1 per gallon federal tax on gasoline and diesel. Until we stop the insanity of single persons driving 8-12 mpg vehicles, society can obviously still afford to pay the rate.

yeah but in oklahoma, penis compensators are a birthright. nothing says high oil prices like an idiot dad buying his idiot 17 year old son the largest truck money can buy complete with a set of trucknuts.

tator
4/26/2011, 02:54 PM
Is it normal policy to blame the president for any problem that arises in our lives?

badger
Seriously... why don't gas stations charge more? Many suckers will pay any price and we obviously haven't hit our breaking point yet since there's always lines at the stations and people still readily fuel up whenever their tanks are empty and aren't doing too much to curb their consumption.

If people are just at the complaining stage right now, then prices are not too high just yet. When people put their wallet where their mouth is, THEN you might see lower prices.

Don't complain, or look for a president to blame, whether it's Bush or Obama. Take action. Carpool, drive less, whatever you are able to do.

SoonerNate
Because who needs freedom? Let's all drive Yugos and sing kumbaya.

Whatever happened to the male species?

badger
4/26/2011, 02:57 PM
Whatever happened to the male species?

I dunno... ask a guy.

Position Limit
4/26/2011, 02:57 PM
Seriously... why don't gas stations charge more? Many suckers will pay any price and we obviously haven't hit our breaking point yet since there's always lines at the stations and people still readily fuel up whenever their tanks are empty and aren't doing too much to curb their consumption.

If people are just at the complaining stage right now, then prices are not too high just yet. When people put their wallet where their mouth is, THEN you might see lower prices.

Don't complain, or look for a president to blame, whether it's Bush or Obama. Take action. Carpool, drive less, whatever you are able to do.

agree. and dont you find it funny listening to people complain when gas goes up a dime? i'm like "dude, do the math and stfu you knuckle draggin moron".

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 02:58 PM
Man purse carrying pansy liberals and their green energy bull****. What a joke. Turn off Oprah and man up.

1890MilesToNorman
4/26/2011, 02:59 PM
Chaplain Lindsey Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbakN7SLdbk

badger
4/26/2011, 03:05 PM
agree. and dont you find it funny listening to people complain when gas goes up a dime? i'm like "dude, do the math and stfu you knuckle draggin moron".

When we used to take family car trips, dad would always choose the station that had the cheapest gas price (and yes, that usually meant one penny difference) and since cars back then had about 10-gallon tanks... yup, dad saved 10 cents :D

So, not going to call people knuckle draggin morons, because my dad is among them and it's not stupid to want to save money, or perhaps encourage gas stations to be competitive with their pricing (even a penny lower, yes) and not cartel-like.

In the interest of personal responsibility though, I hope people look at how they, personally can change and not expect others to always change for their benefit.

Man purse carrying pansy liberals and their green energy bull****. What a joke. Turn off Oprah and man up.

1- It's the purse carriers that smuggle the pocket shots into Owen Field, so don't bash us purse carriers.

2- Green energy won't be BS for long, they just need to keep researching to make it competitively priced without the tax credits.

3- Oprah is ending.

4- I refuse to man up. :P

tator
4/26/2011, 03:07 PM
I fail to understand what "manning up" is going to do about gas prices.

Maybe we should go kick a gas station owner's ***?

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 03:09 PM
When we used to take family car trips, dad would always choose the station that had the cheapest gas price (and yes, that usually meant one penny difference) and since cars back then had about 10-gallon tanks... yup, dad saved 10 cents :D

So, not going to call people knuckle draggin morons, because my dad is among them and it's not stupid to want to save money, or perhaps encourage gas stations to be competitive with their pricing (even a penny lower, yes) and not cartel-like.

In the interest of personal responsibility though, I hope people look at how they, personally can change and not expect others to always change for their benefit.

1- It's the purse carriers that smuggle the pocket shots into Owen Field, so don't bash us purse carriers.

2- Green energy won't be BS for long, they just need to keep researching to make it competitively priced without the tax credits.

3- Oprah is ending.

You enjoy your wind powered car with the Coexist sticker on it and I'll enjoy my 69 Camaro. To each his own.

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 03:09 PM

3- Oprah is ending.

How is green energy going to help gas prices?

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 03:10 PM
You enjoy your wind powered car with the Coexist sticker on it and I'll enjoy my 69 Camaro.

396/375hp?

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 03:12 PM

OUMallen
4/26/2011, 03:13 PM
A street in Norman...

Also, a lake in NY.

We all know Nate is a troll, but apparently he's one that doesn't even know one of the major streets near campus.

Position Limit
4/26/2011, 03:15 PM
How is green energy going to help gas prices?

gas prices need help?

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 03:16 PM
Also, a lake in NY.

We all know Nate is a troll, but apparently he's one that doesn't even know one of the major streets near campus.

Boyd?

And I know it's a major road in Norman but I figured you lived out in BFE and that was some squaw named town.

badger
4/26/2011, 03:17 PM
You enjoy your wind powered car with the Coexist sticker on it and I'll enjoy my 69 Camaro. To each his own.

You're so cute. Anything else the men on the South Oval should know?

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 03:21 PM

Z28?

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 03:22 PM
yep

OUMallen
4/26/2011, 03:22 PM
Boyd?

And I know it's a major road in Norman but I figured you lived out in BFE and that was some squaw named town.

Oh. Because I'm, like, a redneck country bumpkin hick? I'm not sure how you surmised that from messageboard posts, but I'm impressed! Got me! :texan: :texan: :texan:

Mongo
4/26/2011, 03:25 PM
Is it normal policy to blame the president for any problem that arises in our lives?

Shut up, Meg.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks. I'm good aren't I?

tator
4/26/2011, 03:27 PM
Shut up, Meg.
I can't quit you

pphilfran
4/26/2011, 03:27 PM
yep

Nice...

soonercruiser
4/26/2011, 09:09 PM

Sorry tater!
We now have "CHANGE" in the WH.
Now the tables have turned, and the pres, seems to haver the right to blame everybody else, except take some blame himself.
That's what children do!

soonercruiser
4/26/2011, 09:10 PM

:D

soonercruiser
4/26/2011, 09:12 PM
I fail to understand what "manning up" is going to do about gas prices.

Maybe we should go kick a gas station owner's ***?

Nah!
Would rather kick a liberal President's a**!
(Swung, but missed Carter!)
:D

A Sooner in Texas
4/26/2011, 09:16 PM

What a very apt description of yourself.

A Sooner in Texas
4/26/2011, 09:17 PM

Debate that.

Wish I could green spek you.

A Sooner in Texas
4/26/2011, 09:24 PM

What is it about people wanting to drive more fuel efficient vehicles and do what they believe is their part toward a greener world that threatens so many people?

There's certainly nothing wrong with wanting to help conserve gas and oil. But it seems to scare some folks.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 09:29 PM
What is it about people wanting to drive more fuel efficient vehicles and do what they believe is their part toward a greener world that threatens so many people?

There's certainly nothing wrong with wanting to help conserve gas and oil. But it seems to scare some folks.

You can drive your lawnmower around all you want. Personally, I appreciate freedom and believe it's none of the Government's damn business what type of car I want to drive and they shouldn't be telling Detroit what types of cars to make.

Yes, some of us do feel threatened by an ever increasing nanny state.

sappstuf
4/26/2011, 09:40 PM

You can choose what you want to drive. What I don't like is forcing taxpayers into subsidizing every Chevy Volt that is sold by about $7K because it is "green".

You can buy the Chevy Cruze Eco for $18K total and get 36 MPG in the city and 42 on the highway. Plus you don't have to worry about what that battery is going to do in about 8 years.

All that and it doesn't cost the American taxpayer one red cent per vehicle.... Well... Not counting the billions we have paid to keep GM afloat in the first place, of course..

A Sooner in Texas
4/26/2011, 09:44 PM
You can drive your lawnmower around all you want. Personally, I appreciate freedom and believe it's none of the Government's damn business what type of car I want to drive and they shouldn't be telling Detroit what types of cars to make.

Yes, some of us do feel threatened by an ever increasing nanny state.

Honestly, the car makers are building hybrids and such because they know there's a market for them, and it always makes sense to diversify to appeal to as broad a market as possible.
And I haven't had any guys in suits knocking on my door telling me what kind of car to drive. When I bought my car in October, I certainly decided for myself what I wanted to buy. I certainly have my freedom and obviously you do too to drive your 69 Camaro. I don't feel threatened but then maybe it's because I'm not a guy and don't have any manhood to prove.
And I don't own a lawnmower.

1890MilesToNorman
4/26/2011, 10:04 PM
Bunch of dumbasses.

AlboSooner
4/26/2011, 10:08 PM
I used to think SoonerNate was fur real, then I realized he was one of teh best trolls here.

Ctina
4/27/2011, 05:57 AM
Especially since he can't spell a "major" road like Chautauqua.

Re: a halt on drilling in the gulf, this may have had a bit to do with it.

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/04/19/6497331-a-year-after-the-oil-spill-the-cat-island-ecosystem-struggles-to-recover
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/ss-110419-oil-before-after-05.photoblog900.jpg

Until they have better solutions for fixing their eff ups, I'm okay with a little bit higher prices. Drilling in deeper and deeper water will only make it harder to have fast solutions to problems like well blow outs.

Vehicle mileages are starting to improve. Hubby's new F-150 has the new style V6 engine with twin turbos that will get around 22 mpg and potentially better. Not a huge improvement, but better than the 16 on his old truck.

CrimsonCream
4/27/2011, 08:45 AM
Now the tables have turned, and the pres, seems to haver the right to blame everybody else, except take some blame himself.

Will never happen.

He is too egotistical, vain, pompous, arrogant, overbearing, narcissistic, pretentious, etc., to ever admit a mistake.

Did you see where the National Labor Relations Board is telling Boeing that they can't open their new non-union plant in South Carolina because it is discrimination against union workers?

sappstuf
4/27/2011, 08:48 AM
I hope Phil sees this.. He will have a blast tearing some of them down.

Dems seek to change conversation on gas prices

A sign that the White House and Dems know they need to move aggressively to change the conversation on gas prices: The White House and Obama’s political operation is distributing a new set of talking points to outside allies and TV surrogates, instructing them.on how to discuss the increasingly volatile issue.

The talking points, sent over by a source, seize on John Boehner’s apparent suggestion on ABC News — since walked back — that he may be open to nixing subsidies for the oil industry, in order to focus ire over gas prices on oil companies and the tax breaks they continue to enjoy:

Talking Points: Protecting Americans at the Gas Station
* Our economy has started to recover, with 1.8 million private sector jobs created during the past 13 months, but too many Americans are still looking for a job or struggling to make ends meet.

* The recent increase in gas prices, caused by higher global demand and made worse by unrest and supply disruptions in the Middle East, is an added burden on American families in already tough times.

* Although there is no single, easy answer for addressing increased gas prices in the short term, there are things we can do to guarantee that Americans aren’t victims of escalating gas prices in the long term.

* One thing we can do is eliminate unnecessary tax breaks for the oil and gas industry and instead invest that money into clean energy, so that we can cut our dependence on foreign oil.

* America’s outmoded tax laws offer the oil and gas industry more than $4 billion in annual taxpayer subsidies, even though that industry is expected to report extra-large profits this quarter. Even as those companies are reaping near record profits, Americans are shelling out for near record gas prices. That doesn’t make sense and it has to end.

* CEO’s of leading oil companies have made it clear that such high oil prices alone offer enough of a profit motive to push them to invest in domestic oil exploration and production — even without special tax breaks.

* Speaker Boehner has said he’s open to eliminating wasteful subsidies for the oil and gas industry. For too long, our political system has avoided doing so. Now, hopefully, our leaders can come together in a bipartisan way to make it happen.

* In addition to eliminating wasteful subsidies for the oil and gas industry, we have to work toward a longer-term goal of reducing America’s dependence on foreign oil and making ourselves less vulnerable to an always-changing oil market.

* We should all be able to agree that rather than continuing to subsidize 20th century energy sources, we need to invest in 21st century energy sources. Instead of cutting funding for clean energy by 70 percent, as some in Congress have suggested, we need to make smart investments in a 21st century clean energy economy that will keep us competitive, support job creation, and help us to win the future.

The talking points are circulating even as new Post polling shows that rising gas prices are taking their toll on Obama’s numbers. The question is whether putting the oil industry and the subsidies it enjoys back at the center of the conversation can do enough to refocus public anger in a way that limits the damage.

pphilfran
4/27/2011, 09:09 AM
Grrrrrrrrr....

I can buy the first two...

Number 3 and 4...so taking money from oil/gas production and giving it to "green" energy (solar/wind) will lower gas prices? How many vehicles are on the road today, or 10 years from today, the run exclusively on solar or wind power?

5 - if they pull the tax credits then the fed should also cut it's take of the oil pie...a take that runs into hundreds of billions a year when you account for gas tax at the pump and corp income taxes...

6. I do agree with lower subsidies are needed when prices are high...but removing those credits will not lower fuel cost...the consumer will pay higher costs to make up the difference...if you cut oil subs then why not cut rebates for hybrids and electrics when gas prices are high...the last gas shock we had caused the Prius backlog to expand greatly...no need to spend the money subsidizing a car that would sell at a premium price in the unsubsidized market...

"...we have to work toward a longer-term goal of reducing America’s dependence on foreign oil and making ourselves less vulnerable to an always-changing oil market." A shame he doesn't have a viable plan to make that happen...

Here he is again..."We should all be able to agree that rather than continuing to subsidize 20th century energy sources, we need to invest in 21st century energy sources." He thinks the general population is dumb...that he can mix and match facts and most will not understand how he twists and distorts...he is saying that we can get off of oil or lower gas prices by using solar and wind...for the millionth time...solar and wind helps CO2 emissions and does nothing to reduce oil dependency or lower gas prices....he is trying to tie his climate change agenda with higher fuel prices and green energy....that dog don't hunt.

Chit like this leaves a nasty taste in my mouth...

yermom
4/27/2011, 09:28 AM
the 21st century needs to be about less urban sprawl

how cheap does land have to get for people to be willing to buy a house in the sticks and pay for the gas to commute?

Mississippi Sooner
4/27/2011, 09:30 AM
the 21st century needs to be about less urban sprawl

how cheap does land have to get for people to be willing to buy a house in the sticks and pay for the gas to commute?

That, in a nutshell, is why I own a home in the backwoods of Mississippi.

pphilfran
4/27/2011, 09:33 AM
That, in a nutshell, is why I own a home in the backwoods of Mississippi.

Tunica...not so much...Corinth...better...

sappstuf
4/27/2011, 09:35 AM
Grrrrrrrrr....

I can buy the first two...

Number 3 and 4...so taking money from oil/gas production and giving it to "green" energy (solar/wind) will lower gas prices? How many vehicles are on the road today, or 10 years from today, the run exclusively on solar or wind power?

5 - if they pull the tax credits then the fed should also cut it's take of the oil pie...a take that runs into hundreds of billions a year when you account for gas tax at the pump and corp income taxes...

6. I do agree with lower subsidies are needed when prices are high...but removing those credits will not lower fuel cost...the consumer will pay higher costs to make up the difference...if you cut oil subs then why not cut rebates for hybrids and electrics when gas prices are high...the last gas shock we had caused the Prius backlog to expand greatly...no need to spend the money subsidizing a car that would sell at a premium price in the unsubsidized market...

"...we have to work toward a longer-term goal of reducing America’s dependence on foreign oil and making ourselves less vulnerable to an always-changing oil market." A shame he doesn't have a viable plan to make that happen...

Here he is again..."We should all be able to agree that rather than continuing to subsidize 20th century energy sources, we need to invest in 21st century energy sources." He thinks the general population is dumb...that he can mix and match facts and most will not understand how he twists and distorts...he is saying that we can get off of oil or lower gas prices by using solar and wind...for the millionth time...solar and wind helps CO2 emissions and does nothing to reduce oil dependency or lower gas prices....he is trying to tie his climate change agenda with higher fuel prices and green energy....that dog don't hunt.

Chit like this leaves a nasty taste in my mouth...

lol.. I KNEW you wouldn't be able to resist if you saw it.

Don't forget this chart on subsidies.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Y18zc1o8ypU/TX4303Q5wWI/AAAAAAAAACg/C309Um74D40/energy-subsidies.jpg

As far as bang for the buck, it is clear where it is and where it isn't. Of course when an oil company wants to drill in Alaska and invests $4 billion dollars just to get turned down because they didn't include the emissions from an icebreaker ship(I thought the ice caps were melting anyway??) those subsides are easy come easy go...

Phil, I'm starting to think that Obama does not know the difference between his climate change agenda and reducing oil dependency. I think he sees it as the same problem and doesn't really care about the details.

pphilfran
4/27/2011, 09:39 AM
He can't really see it as the same issue...it is sad that he thinks the general public is so stupid...

Two completely different issues with different solutions...

sappstuf
4/27/2011, 09:40 AM
He can't really see it as the same issue...it is sad that he thinks the general public is so stupid...

Two completely different issues with different solutions...

I agree with that.. But have you ever heard him seperate the two issues?

Mississippi Sooner
4/27/2011, 09:44 AM
Tunica...not so much...Corinth...better...

Oh yeah. Anywhere but the Tunica area or the coast. The casinos have driven land values there up to ridiculous levels.

pphilfran
4/27/2011, 09:48 AM
Oh yeah. Anywhere but the Tunica area or the coast. The casinos have driven land values there up to ridiculous levels.

Really...at one time I think the county Tunica is in was the poorest in the nation...if you like Cotton fields than Tunica was the place to go....

Mississippi Sooner
4/27/2011, 09:50 AM
Really...at one time I think the county Tunica is in was the poorest in the nation...if you like Cotton fields than Tunica was the place to go....

I still like to visit the middle part of the Delta. The wife and I go through there about once a year on the tamale trail. I wouldn't want to live there, though.

pphilfran
4/27/2011, 09:52 AM
I still like to visit the middle part of the Delta. The wife and I go through there about once a year on the tamale trail. I wouldn't want to live there, though.

I lived in Union City, Tn for a few years and had to travel to Huntsville and Gadsden, Al every month or two...I would stop by a casino and spend a night on the company dollar...