PDA

View Full Version : NFL.coms Pat Kirwan 3 round mock draft

SoonerDan74012
4/25/2011, 12:05 PM
I think Sammy would be happy with the 3rd round selection. What do you all think?:D I threw in the Cowboys picks since I am a diehard.:D I like the idea of Quinton Carter and Roy Williams roaming the same secondary, I just wonder if he will sign a new deal once this lockout is over.

By Pat Kirwan | NFL.com

Senior Analyst
Draft week is finally here. Depending on what I hear before Thursday morning, there could be a few adjustments to this final mock.

At this point, the buzz I’ve picked up on from coaches and personnel people has altered this three-round mock draft.

One of the biggest changes in this version is where the second quarterback will be drafted. Where it previously looked like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert could both go in the top five, that scenario shifts dramatically in this projection.

Another thing to keep in mind is the realization that clubs have to make picks without knowing the status of free agency, or even the ability to retain their own restricted free agents. Decision-makers will, as one coach said to me, be “picking in the dark.”

DAL
Tyron Smith
OT
USC

An athlete who is just growing into his body. As USC defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin said, “Ty is just too good to stay in school, and he hasn’t even reached his full potential.” Left or right tackle? It doesn’t really matter because he will line up as a rookie.[/B]

Pick No.
STL
Ryan Kerrigan
DE
Purdue

Sure, the Rams would love a wide receiver here. That doesn’t mean GM Billy Devaney will reach for one if Jones and Green are gone. Kerrigan is the kind of hybrid player Steve Spagnuolo loves to have on the field.

By Pat Kirwan NFL.com
Senior Analyst
Published: April 24, 2011 at 07:08 p.m.
Updated: April 24, 2011 at 08:22 p.m.

Following up with my first-round mock draft, we now take a look at how the second and third round could play out.

There's no shortage of teams in need of quarterback help, and we could see a run of signal-callers early in the second round.

That could start as early as the 34th pick, with the Buffalo Bills in position to draft Florida State star and Senior Bowl MVP Christian Ponder.

The Bengals might find Carson Palmer's replacement one pick later with Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett. With Palmer's future in Cincinnati up in the air, Mallet could have a direct path to the starting job for Marvin Lewis.

The Tennessee Titans and Washington Redskins are two more teams with uncertainty at quarterback, so look for each to address the position in the second round. That could potentially mean four QBs are taken in the first nine choices of the round.
Round 2

40. Dallas Cowboys, Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
47. St. Louis Rams, Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky

Round 3

66. Cincinnati Bengals, Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma

71. Dallas Cowboys, Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh

72. New Orleans, Jeremy Beal, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

78. St. Louis Rams, DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

sooner59
4/25/2011, 12:08 PM
Jeremy Beal going in the third round would be decent for him given his performance in the Senior Bowl and combine.

KantoSooner
4/25/2011, 04:41 PM
DeMarco at 78th overall is probably about right....and will turn into absolute gold for whatever team gets him.

AlbqSooner
4/25/2011, 07:33 PM
The second round prediction could be good for Sam as well. I mean really, can you imagine Tex Cobb as a wide receiver?

Soonerson1975
4/25/2011, 09:47 PM
The second round prediction could be good for Sam as well. I mean really, can you imagine Tex Cobb as a wide receiver?

You think he can get the Ram helmet on over that 10 gallon hat?:texan: