PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

SoonerLVZ
4/25/2011, 11:26 AM
Is anyone excited about the NFL draft this year? I know I am not, and have been a draft fanatic for years now, but this is the first year I can ever remember not giving a damn about it. I don't know if it's the lack of depth/talent in the draft, the lockout, or just know that nothing will be better then last years draft with 3 out the 4 first picks being Sooners.
Anyone else feeling the same way?

Soonerson1975
4/25/2011, 11:41 AM
I think this years draft has a lot of intrigue. Who will be stupid enough to draft Cam Newton early and where will Ryan Mallet fall to following all the off field rumors.

ouleaf
4/25/2011, 11:47 AM
I think this draft will be quite bizzare when compared to years past. I'm thinking a lot of teams will draft guys higher than they normally would have gone b/c of the lockout, especially QBs. This lockout makes teams unable to negotiate and bolster their QB depth through free agency or trades, so teams have to look to the draft this year to accomplish that.

So while guys like Dalton and Ponder and Kapernick might have gone off the board in the later rounds, I think you might see them taken a lot earlier than they normally would be for fear that another team might try and snatch them up.

LRoss
4/25/2011, 01:59 PM
It seems to me that there's more uncertainty about how things could fall this year then most years, which makes it more interesting. Although it could be that, as a Lions fan (sure am glad to be a Sooner to have something to balance out all the losing) they're picking much later than normal, so of course there's more uncertainty about who will or won't be there for them at 13 than, for instance, 2 like last year or 1 the year before.

rekamrettuB
4/25/2011, 03:15 PM
Is this the new format year? First round being Thursday night? Or did they do that last year?

I don't really follow the draft. It's kind of like recruiting. You are either into it or not.

swardboy
4/25/2011, 03:21 PM
I want to see if St. Louis can get Sam a high caliber receiver. Probably won't though and will have to go free agency route.

SoonerNomad
4/25/2011, 03:49 PM
Is this the new format year? First round being Thursday night? Or did they do that last year?

I don't really follow the draft. It's kind of like recruiting. You are either into it or not.

It's the second year of the new format. I like the old one better, but I'll get over it.

I will keep track, but it won't be as much fun as OU getting 3 of the first 4 last year. That is still unbelievable to me.

badger
4/25/2011, 03:52 PM
It's the second year of the new format. I like the old one better, but I'll get over it.

I will keep track, but it won't be as much fun as OU getting 3 of the first 4 last year. That is still unbelievable to me.

It was also awesome seeing Gresh get into the first round also. Wish he would have made the trip to New York to be with his teammate buddies, but I can understand being nervous about that, not knowing where you'll fall, wondering if you'll be the last guy left with all the cameras pointed at you like Brady Quinn, etc.

I'll likely skip the first round this year, but hope that at least one of our Sooner players doesn't :)

mightysooner
4/25/2011, 07:03 PM
I wanna see who's smart enough to take the most NFL ready QB in the draft (Jake Locker).

kelloggOUballa
4/25/2011, 07:39 PM
I wanna see who's smart enough to take the most NFL ready QB in the draft (Jake Locker).

I hope this is a joke...:eek:

SoonerofAlabama
4/26/2011, 09:52 PM
I feel like this will be one of the saddest drafts in years for the NFL. Not just because the lockout is staying on everyone's mind, but because these players don't seem as good as a lot of the recent prospects have been.

PDXsooner
4/26/2011, 10:32 PM
Outside of the first 3 or 4 picks, and if there are any notable Sooners, what is entertaining about the draft? Nothing.

The NFL has tried to trick us into thinking it's some kind of event. It wasn't even something anyone paid attention to outside of reading who your team drafted in the paper the next morning.

All of a sudden, the NFL marketing gurus packaged a turd and the public decided to take a bite out of it...and continues to do so. Go ahead and watch it. I'll be busy doing something more fun, like sticking my head in the toilet and flushing it.

starclassic tama
4/26/2011, 10:43 PM
there is a ton of talent in this year's draft

cccasooner2
4/27/2011, 10:47 AM
Peter Schrager’s Mock Draft picks for the Rams

ROUND 1
14. St. Louis Rams (7-9), Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois:
ROUND 2
47. St. Louis Rams: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
ROUND 3
78. St. Louis Rams: DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson
ROUND 4
112. St. Louis Rams: Austin Pettis, WR, Boise State
ROUND 5
145. St. Louis Rams: Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona
ROUND 6
180. St. Louis Rams: Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
ROUND 7
217. St. Louis Rams: Jeron Johnson, S, Boise State

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-mock-draft-seven-round-cam-newton-carolina-panthers-042311?GT1=39044

cccasooner2
4/27/2011, 10:50 AM

To the Vikings in the 1st round according to Schrager. :(

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-mock-draft-seven-round-cam-newton-carolina-panthers-042311?GT1=39044