PDA

View Full Version : Steelwahtr Libary kuts...

okieavatar
4/24/2011, 08:17 AM
Here I am sitting in Stillwater, OK...a Sooner lost in the wasteland of Stillwater...lol...and what do I find???

http://www.stwnewspress.com/local/x1540196394/Stillwater-Public-Library-Board-talks-about-proposed-funding-cuts

A classic case of dumbing down your constituents. Let's see now...they have police cars that work fine...yes, from time to time they may need a repair. Who's car doesn't?!?! But let's buy a bunch of new shiny cars to mesmerize ourselves with instead of helping the populace so that they can become a better educated community...afterall city manager, a better educated community just might ask tougher questions of its manager and council members, right? ;)

Whet
4/24/2011, 09:52 AM
The City Council passes a budget and the City Manager is responsible for implementing the budget. So, I would suggest cutting the Mayor's and Councilor's budgets by 35%, see how they cope with it.

Car replacement is a valid expense that needs to be addressed.

texaspokieokie
4/24/2011, 11:23 AM
it's not like they're gonna close the library.

would it appear so dumb if they did it in norman.

SoonerNate
4/25/2011, 12:32 AM
Please tell me you wore your mask and got your shots. That place is nothing but a gigantic *** pig farm! Folks there ride horses for fear that Eddie the lush Sutton will crash into them if they choose the two actual roads that are paved.

KantoSooner
4/25/2011, 04:50 PM
But they got ESKIMO JOE'S

Shakadoodoo
4/25/2011, 05:29 PM
Do they still have that club called Tumbleweeds in Stillwater? They took me there on my recruiting trip. I crossed them off my list that night!

soonerhubs
4/25/2011, 08:15 PM
Tumble weed is still here. I've heard that the people who move to Stilly have to get their front teeth pulled out and a lobotomy.

StoopTroup
4/25/2011, 08:21 PM
Here I am sitting in Stillwater, OK...a Sooner lost in the wasteland of Stillwater...lol...and what do I find???

http://www.stwnewspress.com/local/x1540196394/Stillwater-Public-Library-Board-talks-about-proposed-funding-cuts

A classic case of dumbing down your constituents. Let's see now...they have police cars that work fine...yes, from time to time they may need a repair. Who's car doesn't?!?! But let's buy a bunch of new shiny cars to mesmerize ourselves with instead of helping the populace so that they can become a better educated community...afterall city manager, a better educated community just might ask tougher questions of its manager and council members, right? ;)

Who gives a **** what they do up there?

OutlandTrophy
4/25/2011, 08:50 PM
Stillwater is a great town to drink beer in. It's a great time.

StoopTroup
4/25/2011, 09:22 PM
When you go drinking there do you wear your Sooner Gear?

SoonerNate
4/25/2011, 09:37 PM
When you go drinking there do you wear your Sooner Gear?

I guarantee if you wore a hat that said OU in orange and black they wouldn't know the difference...

John Kochtoston
4/26/2011, 01:49 AM
Where will they keep the book now? And, has the crayon budget been affected?

soonerhubs
4/26/2011, 05:22 AM
I guarantee if you wore a hat that said OU in orange and black they wouldn't know the difference...

Urp derp! The entire town is just that stupid.

okieavatar
4/27/2011, 07:55 PM
Just a reminder since the council vote is coming up soon!

CowboyMRW
4/27/2011, 08:16 PM
Stillwater is a great town to drink beer in. It's a great time.

It is a fun time. Will any of yall be coming to calf fry this weekend that post on this board. I know a bunch of OU students that are coming but I doubt that any of them post here