PDA

View Full Version : Leg wrestling contest gets more serious

Chuck Bao
4/23/2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, we are at war! This is just so nutso crazy and completely unnecessary. Oh and we have an election coming up within 2 months and if we make Cambodia the big, bad villain, it's not going to cost much, besides a few soldiers' lives and the livelihood of area villagers.

This whole thing makes me so angry and I hope it does backfire against the "powers that be".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42730363/ns/world_news/

StoopTroup
4/23/2011, 04:39 PM
It's all so confusing for me....

Border ties. Is that some sort of neck tie or is it like Border Thais?

Chuck Bao
4/23/2011, 05:03 PM
It's all so confusing for me....

Border ties. Is that some sort of neck tie or is it like Border Thais?

Well, I think the Thai-Cambodian border is pretty porous, like most other borders. The people are used to crossing over at will. It is only in the last couple of years that the disputed territory was made into a political issue by the yellow shirts after Cambodia applied to make the 10th century Khmer temple complex, Kao Pra Viharn, a world heritage site. Thailand would benefit from this a lot since the main access to the site is from the Thai side and the local Thai villagers were making a living selling souvenirs to the tourists. But, it is just political and meant to drum up national patriotic pride, especially before the upcoming election. The whole thing is pretty offensive and disgusting if you ask me.

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2011, 05:37 PM
Pffft. It's just like the Hatfields and McCoys.

Except for the Thais.

And the rocket-propelled grenades.

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2011, 05:55 PM
BTW, Chuck, I realize I'm supposed to care about the people on the Cambodian/Thai border. But I don't.

However, I want to convey the image that I really do care (when I don't). So here goes:

This is tragic!

Prayers to the family!

(and for those Thais or Cambodians that managed to get hit with a rocket-propelled grenade)

Rest in peace!

Chuck Bao
4/23/2011, 06:53 PM
Don't forget the cluster bombs and the poisonous gas. One of my friends calls them the cluster **** bombs because the government spokesman got really confused on the subject matter and told everyone that Thailand doesn't have any of them while warning Cambodia that Thailand could use them if needed.

C&CDean
4/23/2011, 08:40 PM
That avatar is so much prettier behind bars, where it belongs.