PDA

View Full Version : Karla Givens' sister killed in car wreck...

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2011, 10:21 AM
This is tragic news. Prayers out to all involved.

JOHNS ISLAND, SC (WCSC) - A Johns Island woman was killed after the car she was a passenger in struck a tree on Maybank Highway early Saturday morning.

The Charleston County Coroner's Office has identified the victim as 17-year-old Cierra Givens from Johns Island. Authorities say she died from head and neck injuries.

According to the Charleston County Sheriff's Office, 19-year-old Kayla Givens, of Thomas Jones Road on Johns Island, was driving eastbound on Maybank Highway near Bears Bluff Road around 3 a.m. Saturday.

Deputies say Givens lost control of her silver 2003 Buick Century for an unknown reason, crossed the center line and struck a tree with the "B" pillar of the passenger side, causing severe damage.

Givens' 17-year-old sister Cierra was seated in the right front seat at the time of the collision and sustained fatal injuries. The sheriff's office says there was no indication that either sister was wearing a seatbelt.

Kayla Givens' 1-year-old son, Kayshawn Demonte Givens-Perry, was seated in the right rear of the vehicle during the accident. The child was buckled in a booster seat; however the booster seat was not buckled to the vehicle. Kayla Givens and her son were taken to MUSC and both were admitted for observation.

There were no indications that alcohol or drugs were a factor in the accident, according to the sheriff's office.

The vehicle was towed to the Charleston County Sheriff's Office's evidence compound by Ravenel towing. No charges have been filed at this time but the investigation is ongoing.

EDIT: I almost forgot the :rolleyes:

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/23/2011, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure what the point is here...

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2011, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure what the point is here...

Others will fill you in shortly.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/23/2011, 10:29 AM
I still have no idea what's going on but this sums it up nicely

http://i47.tinypic.com/ehcffm.jpg

Doged
4/23/2011, 10:34 AM
I'm clueless about this as well. Sad story though.

A Sooner in Texas
4/23/2011, 11:01 AM
So, you're making fun of another family's tragedy because you don't like the fact that someone posted about Les Miles' sister being killed?

Pure class, Leroy.

Sooner_Tuf
4/23/2011, 11:17 AM
Pure class, Leroy.

Even with the comma it is hard to use the word class when discussing Leroy. The story about Cierra Givens' death is over a month old.

OU-HSV
4/23/2011, 11:37 AM
So, you're making fun of another family's tragedy because you don't like the fact that someone posted about Les Miles' sister being killed?

Pure class, Leroy.

I posted the Lester's sister story because it's football relevant/related to the football world. Leroy posted his because he's a Grade "A" smart ***

Partial Qualifier
4/23/2011, 11:41 AM
I see and somewhat agree with Leroy's motivation: people die in car wrecks every day, and often it's a more tragic despite no relation to someone famous. Personally, I don't give a **** about Les Miles or his dead sister.

OU-HSV
4/23/2011, 11:45 AM
I see and somewhat agree with Leroy's motivation: people die in car wrecks every day, and often it's a more tragic despite no relation to someone famous. Personally, I don't give a **** about Les Miles or his dead sister.

Whether you all give a **** or not, it was relevant to the football world/relevant to a football coach that most people on here, including myself, seem to have spent a lot of time and energy making fun of...so I posted it. Now maybe Leroy knows that the Given's girl had a boyfriend who played football, therefore making it football relevant, who knows :rolleyes:

mgsooner
4/23/2011, 11:45 AM
Some of you are too pathetic for words. You must have sad lives.

A Sooner in Texas
4/23/2011, 11:50 AM
There's nothing wrong with posting the story about Les Miles' sister; he is coach of a top college football program, which does give it relevance to the football forum. But it's a bit cold to make fun of that family's tragedy by posting another family's tragedy in an effort to make some sort of weird point.

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2011, 12:15 PM
Whether you all give a **** or not, it was relevant to the football world/relevant to a football coach that most people on here, including myself, seem to have spent a lot of time and energy making fun of...so I posted it.

It's an interesting news item. Nothing more, nothing less.

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2011, 12:23 PM
My point?

Check out the outpouring of prayer for Les Miles' sister, then compare that to this story.

God must have the largest Spam filter in the Universe.

sperry
4/23/2011, 12:33 PM
It took about 5 months on the board, but I think I've finally figured out why no one likes Leroy. What an absolute tool.

Partial Qualifier
4/23/2011, 12:36 PM
Whether you all give a **** or not, it was relevant to the football world/relevant to a football coach that most people on here, including myself, seem to have spent a lot of time and energy making fun of...so I posted it. Now maybe Leroy knows that the Given's girl had a boyfriend who played football, therefore making it football relevant, who knows :rolleyes:

I understand it's football-relevant and newsworthy. And I appreciated you posting it for those reasons. I also appreciate the acknowledgement that tragedy is all around us, and those people deserve fake concern and prayers as well.

No more, no Les.

PLaw
4/23/2011, 12:37 PM
An untimely death is sad regardless of those involved. And, I understand your point LL. Bad things do happen to good people and I wish the world still had many of my friends that were taken all too soon.

Bummer.

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2011, 12:53 PM
FTR, I have no problem with the OP of the Les Miles post.

OU-HSV
4/23/2011, 12:58 PM
I understand it's football-relevant and newsworthy. And I appreciated you posting it for those reasons. I also appreciate the acknowledgement that tragedy is all around us, and those people deserve fake concern and prayers as well.

No more, no Les.

I agree, I get tired of it too. High profile peoples' tragedies always get so much attention...but the reason for that is JUST that very thing, they are high profile therefore making it more "newsworthy". Whether that's the way it should be or not, it kind of explains itself.

BTW, very creative with your ending of that last post "No more, no Les";)

soonerloyal
4/23/2011, 01:01 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/penises.png

AlboSooner
4/23/2011, 01:10 PM
The "righteous" indignation would make more sense if we never participated in worthless threads and discussions. But we do, that's why this thread comes out as bitter drivel.

OhU1
4/23/2011, 01:34 PM
Troll post, move on, nothing to see here.

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2011, 03:25 PM
The "righteous" indignation would make more sense if we never participated in worthless threads and discussions. But we do, that's why this thread comes out as bitter drivel.

The righteous indigniation is coming from the other side.

Tiger6
4/23/2011, 04:08 PM
Leroy...if you want to make a point, just state your opinion. Its not that hard. Dont go off being a f'ing grade-A D**k. I am simply embarrassed for you. I bet your family is REAL proud.

olevetonahill
4/23/2011, 04:10 PM
I posted the Lester's sister story because it's football relevant/related to the football world. Leroy posted his because he's a Grade "A" http://www.perfume-worldwide.com/products/BathBody/W-BB-1391large.jpg
fify

Tiger6
4/23/2011, 04:10 PM
And on another note....why in the hell would the moderators allow such idiocy to continue??? End this thread.

Mongo
4/23/2011, 04:13 PM
Leroy...if you want to make a point, just state your opinion. Its not that hard. Dont go off being a f'ing grade-A D**k. I am simply embarrassed for you. I bet your family is REAL proud.

put him on ignore. but it sucks when people quote his bull**** and it still shows up.

Leroy Lizard
4/23/2011, 05:19 PM
Leroy...if you want to make a point, just state your opinion.

No fun in that.

Sooner_Tuf
4/23/2011, 06:26 PM
No fun in that.

No pole is too big for Leroy to smoke :cry:

jersey sooner
4/23/2011, 07:17 PM
HAHA, You're god damn right you're not me you miserable ****in loser. Seriously, if you died in a car wreck, what's the over/under on people who would actually care? I'd guess 3. If people want to feel bad for someone they don't know, but watch and listen to 6 months out of the year, who the **** cares what you think about it? I don't have to know Les personally to tell he's a decent human being, so yes, I will say a little "prayer" that he's ok. Right after I say a "prayer" that you die in a car wreck ASAP.

Partial Qualifier
4/23/2011, 07:33 PM
http://www.bestmemes.com/pix/81045597.jpg