PDA

View Full Version : Stalwart McCain going to Libya to talk with "Rebels"

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/22/2011, 01:38 AM
Jeesh, what do you suppose he's doing over there?

sooner59
4/22/2011, 01:46 AM
Probably getting a black market heart for the next time he go MI.

soonerhubs
4/22/2011, 01:54 AM
Needed quotes around the word "stalwart" as well. Dontcha just love the political game of "Look at me! Look at me!".

Blue
4/22/2011, 02:06 AM
Whats sad is that we are so numb to yet another theatre of war.

The inmates are running the asylum these days.

AlbqSooner
4/22/2011, 05:50 AM
Backinaday lots of servicemen in Italy went to Libya to smoke hash.
No. Wait. That was Morocco.
nm

Jammin'
4/22/2011, 08:13 AM
Lots of money to be made in war. Wish I was in the biz.

The Profit
4/22/2011, 08:16 AM
I think he wants to run again. That old fart thinks he will live forever.

KantoSooner
4/22/2011, 08:27 AM
He was headed home for the weekend. Took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

sappstuf
4/22/2011, 08:27 AM
Yep.. Those rebels are real good guys...

What is probably the most harrowing of the clips depicts a public beheading. A man with a long knife can be seen alternately sawing and hacking at the neck of a man who has been suspended upside-down. The victim’s inert body is soaked in blood. The beheading takes place in front of a burnt-out building in what appears to be a public square. The Dutch public broadcaster NOS has identified the location as the main square of the rebel capital of Benghazi.

A crowd numbering at least in the hundreds cheers on the assailants. At one point, a man begins chanting “Libya Hurra!”: “Free Libya!” According to the NOS translation, someone can be heard saying, “He looks like an African.” As the principal assailant begins to saw at the victim’s neck, members of the crowd yell “Allahu Akbar!” Dozens of members of the crowd can be seen filming the proceedings with digital cameras or cell phones.

Aldebaran
4/22/2011, 08:40 AM
Executions in a war? Say it isn't so!

The Profit
4/22/2011, 08:45 AM

Maybe Vet can tell us what the ROK soldiers used to do to the Viet Cong.

okie52
4/22/2011, 08:49 AM
The no fly zone has worked out really well. Now it is the no plane, tank, vehicle or personnel with military advisors zone.

Looks like Yemen is about due for one.

Leroy Lizard
4/22/2011, 10:28 AM

Uhh, what took place is nothing like the execution of Private Slovik. Nothing that took place indicates that the rebel population is going to install anything but a crazy farm. In other words, things will probably get worse for Libyans, and that's saying something.

StoopTroup
4/22/2011, 11:10 AM
Jeesh, what do you suppose he's doing over there?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153548

StoopTroup
4/22/2011, 11:39 AM
Who the hell is Stalwart McCain? John's Brother?

Leroy Lizard
4/22/2011, 12:00 PM
Who the hell is Stalwart McCain? John's Brother?

No, you're thinking of "Regressive McCain." I think Stalwart is cousin.

Or maybe he had a long lost brother... call Oprah!

Aldebaran
4/22/2011, 12:28 PM
Uhh, what took place is nothing like the execution of Private Slovik. Nothing that took place indicates that the rebel population is going to install anything but a crazy farm. In other words, things will probably get worse for Libyans, and that's saying something.

But isn't that really cultural bias to expect an execution (and we are talking about execution here) to be carried out in a "civilized" fashion? Why do our values = awesome when we're still just comparing how we would expect people to be killed vs. how they were killed... in a war?