PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson 2012

StoopTroup
4/21/2011, 06:25 PM
Governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003 (Republican)

Want's to legalize Weed, Gay Unions, Vetoed over 750 spending bills back in the day...., wants to balance the budget tomorrow.

1974 started a One-Man Handyman business and had 1000 Employees when he quit or went belly up or decided to be a politician. Unclear there.

Thinks President Obama is a legal Citizen.

Admits he got high. Thinks the Government is lying about booze being safer than weed. Doesn't think it should be legal to drive stoned or sell it to kids.

http://ouramericainitiative.com/

Gary Johnson Announces For President

Republican says he plans to spend a lot of time in NH

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson is running for president. The Republican made the announcement on the steps of State House.

"What I am posing here is to take part in a contest to be a spokesman for the republican party. And if the republican party doesn’t have options then perhaps the republican party checks off a name that isn’t all the representative of what republicans might believe."

Among other things, Johnson favors getting US troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan immediately, legalizing marijuana, same sex marriage, and eliminating the corporate income tax. Johnson is in state for three days in New Hampshire. He plans to ski Tuckerman's Ravine on Mount Washignton Saturday.

http://www.nhpr.org/gary-johnson-announces-president

AlbqSooner
4/21/2011, 07:32 PM
I think his position is that weed is safer than alcohol. Jus sayin.

StoopTroup
4/21/2011, 07:36 PM

Wow....you can almost read....

Thinks the Government is lying about booze being safer than weed

sooner ngintunr
4/21/2011, 07:37 PM

I think its pretty clear his position is that booze is safer than alcohol. Jus sayin.:twinkies:

sooner ngintunr
4/21/2011, 07:39 PM
He must have smoked alot of weed.

StoopTroup
4/21/2011, 07:41 PM

BTW...I'm not laughing near as hard as Bachmann saying she is considering running. I'd like to see these two candidates debate the issues though. :D :pop:

AlbqSooner
4/21/2011, 07:41 PM
It was edited after I posted. I admit to burning a buncha brain cells along the way, but that was edited.

Curly Bill
4/21/2011, 07:43 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say anyone in favor of legalizing weed won't be elected.

StoopTroup
4/21/2011, 07:43 PM
He must have smoked alot of weed.

He must blame the booze getting him sick after drinking all night and smoking some killer 15% THC super-pot.

sooner ngintunr
4/21/2011, 07:45 PM
It was edited after I posted. I admit to burning a buncha brain cells along the way, but that was edited.

Yeah, its not as funny now.

Whats funny is that Troup had to edit not one but two posts. LOL.

sooner ngintunr
4/21/2011, 07:46 PM
He must blame the booze getting him sick after drinking all night and smoking some killer 15% THC super-pot.

After that is was only alcohol for him. No more booze.:D

StoopTroup
4/21/2011, 07:50 PM
Well.....I know a couple of folks who went to New Mexico for skiing....I mean College. They really enjoyed the fresh air there. :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
4/21/2011, 08:14 PM
Governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003 (Republican)

Want's to legalize Weed, Gay Unions, Vetoed over 750 spending bills back in the day...., wants to balance the budget tomorrow.

1974 started a One-Man Handyman business and had 1000 Employees when he quit or went belly up or decided to be a politician. Unclear there.

Thinks President Obama is a legal Citizen.

Admits he got high. Thinks the Government is lying about booze being safer than weed. Doesn't think it should be legal to drive stoned or sell it to kids.

http://ouramericainitiative.com/

Sounds like I'm not going to vote for him.

StoopTroup
4/21/2011, 08:15 PM
Sounds like I'm not going to vote for him.

Felons can't vote I hear.

bigfatjerk
4/21/2011, 08:44 PM
I think he and most libertarians are right on how we should treat weed. Just treat it like we do alcohol and most problems with it end up being not near as big. When alcohol was illegal it created organized crime in our country. After we legalized it we pretty much have a few drunk drivers and domestic incidents involving alcohol but you don't have gangs fighting over the stuff. If we did the same thing to weed we would get rid of our little problem with Mexican gangs almost overnight.

StoopTroup
4/21/2011, 08:51 PM
I think he and most libertarians are right on how we should treat weed. Just treat it like we do alcohol and most problems with it end up being not near as big. When alcohol was illegal it created organized crime in our country. After we legalized it we pretty much have a few drunk drivers and domestic incidents involving alcohol but you don't have gangs fighting over the stuff. If we did the same thing to weed we would get rid of our little problem with Mexican gangs almost overnight.

After it's legal and you get caught driving stoned....will you be upset if you get busted and the occurrence is a felony and gets you a $25,000 fine and 1 year in jail?

bigfatjerk
4/21/2011, 08:57 PM
Would you be upset right now if cops came into your house and looked through your house/apartment/whatever you live in, to find your stash because you got your weed from the wrong guy?

bigfatjerk
4/21/2011, 08:59 PM
I like Gary Johnson, he's about where I am politically. But he has the charisma of a rock. The best shot at a libertarian winning is one of the Paul's. And Ron Paul is probably too crazy. Rand probably has a shot in 4 years.

47straight
4/21/2011, 10:19 PM
If weed isn't so bad, then why deny kids the right to have it?

Soonerman82
4/21/2011, 10:45 PM
Why not legalize pot? Legalize all drugs. It's none of the damn governments business anyway.

sooner KB
4/21/2011, 10:59 PM
If weed isn't so bad, then why deny kids the right to have it?

For the same reason cigarettes and alcohol is legal for adults but not kids?

47straight
4/22/2011, 01:09 AM
For the same reason cigarettes and alcohol is legal for adults but not kids?

Cigarettes and alcohol are bad for you. According to so many here, there are no negative side effects to weed at all.

So why not let kids use it if it's legalized?