PDA

View Full Version : POOR DODGERS

StoopTroup
4/21/2011, 09:35 AM
I feel bad for them.....

:pop:

jmr_77
4/21/2011, 11:21 AM
I am a huge Dodger fan, and is makes me sick what has happened to that franchise. For 50+ years it was owned by 1 family and was very successful both on and off the field. This clown that owns them now has run this once great franchise completely into the ground.

texaspokieokie
4/21/2011, 03:33 PM
I am a huge Dodger fan, and is makes me sick what has happened to that franchise. For 50+ years it was owned by 1 family and was very successful both on and off the field. This clown that owns them now has run this once great franchise completely into the ground.

True. O Malleys built them into a great franchise. Even paid for Dodger stadium. Whomever sold them to McCourts is the one who screwed up.

i guess the divorce is the problem, but the main thing is that it was a highly leveraged purchase. even with that, they made playoffs in 2008 & 9.
last year drew over 3 million fans.

they're not as bad off as the commish (worst thing to ever happen to baseball) would have you believe. i think he's overstepping his bounds by taking over. even when hicks filed for bankruptcy, he was still running the rangers. at least, the league wasn't.

commish can't be gone soon enough.

Adrian
4/22/2011, 06:53 AM
Huge Dodger fan here-if MLB lets Mark Cuban take over the team, I don't know if i can be a fan of the team anymore...

texaspokieokie
4/22/2011, 06:58 AM
would be good for maverick fans if cuban took over dodgers.

i want bud selig to butt out.

he's popular with owners because he is an owner.

need someone with really deep pockets.

jmr_77
4/22/2011, 11:04 AM
I don't think the Dodgers necessarily need an owner with deep pockets, rather they need "baseball people" in charge of scouting and drafting. The Dodgers used to be the model franchise for winning with home grown talent, not using free agency. I know that times have changed, but not that much. They have made some poor decisions on trade, draft choices, and free agents. I recently as the mid to late 90s they had a string of Rookies of the Year. But, they allowed those people to leave or traded them away. I guess keeping the better players is where an owner with deep pockets would be nice, just not always necessary to be a consistently successful franchise (Minnesota Twins for example.)

StoopTroup
4/22/2011, 11:06 AM
Huge Dodger fan here-if MLB lets Mark Cuban take over the team, I don't know if i can be a fan of the team anymore...

Really? After what you've just had as an owner?

Get real.

texaspokieokie
4/22/2011, 06:11 PM
Really? After what you've just had as an owner?

Get real.

McCourts weren't so bad until the divorce.