PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

MamaMia
4/20/2011, 11:58 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/pray.gif Please let Casey be the next one to go. What a waste of a perfectly good save.

Romulus
4/21/2011, 01:43 AM
Pia, where are you?!?!?

Chuck Bao
4/21/2011, 02:00 AM
No please not Casey. I am hoping that that Stepano dude goes. He has the pipes but he never sings anything remotely interesting or current or certainly nothing I would want to listen to.

Hot Rod
4/21/2011, 07:05 AM
I actually like Casey due to his ability to perform in various styles.

My vote to go home this week is Scotty. Something about him I can't stand. He also doesn't stretch himself vocally like the remaining contestants do. Send him home and go ahead and let Nashville have him.

It's either Stefano or Jacob going home tonight though. Yeah, Stefano has an incredible range for a guy, but hasn't really shown what kind of artist he can be, unless he's going for that guy who broke away from the boy band look.

jkjsooner
4/21/2011, 08:27 AM
My vote to go home this week is Scotty. Something about him I can't stand. He also doesn't stretch himself vocally like the remaining contestants do. Send him home and go ahead and let Nashville have him.

Maybe it's the way he holds his microphone? He just looks odd. I can't believe they haven't tried to change that by now. Nashville will love that guy but I think someone will train him on stage presence.

It seems Scotty picks different variations of the same country song every week. Don't get me wrong, he's got a great voice and has a future but he's not showing the variations the others are showing.

OULenexaman
4/21/2011, 09:31 AM
by far the stupidest TV show ever made....nice concept....just turned out stupid.

The Maestro
4/21/2011, 09:47 AM
Scotty McCreepy

http://www.roseanneworld.com/blog/alfred-e-newman.gif

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/21/2011, 10:06 AM
Pia went home which sucked because she is freaking hot.

Scotty sucks on all sorts of levels

Stefano sucks on all sorts of levels

Casey is the only true musician left

The screamer kid with tourettes (sp?) creeps me out and his act is getting old

ouleaf
4/21/2011, 10:53 AM
Unfortunately the person with the least talent will end up having the biggest career, and that is the stupid smirking Scotty. He won't win this contest though which is good.

Most talented vocalist has to be Jacob, not sure he'll win though.

Romulus
4/21/2011, 11:03 AM
I'd bang Hailey like a screen door

Aldebaran
4/21/2011, 12:13 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/Ald3baran/nsfw/seksi.jpg

The Maestro
4/21/2011, 01:10 PM
Opinions...just mine.

I think Casey is great. Super talented and original. Wish he'd stick with his genre and not try to be a screamer.

James has some talent, but has to quit screaming. We get it. You idolize Adam Lambert. It's already happened.

The two girls left are plain. Haley has some real talent, but won't win.

I hate Scotty. I love country music and I hate Scotty. Creepy one trick pony Josh Turner wannabe. Everytime his mouth opens I expect to hear, "Baby, lock the door and turn the lights down low...". Ugh!

Stefano is your standard hip hop guy. Dime a dozen but he can sing good.

The black dude...we get it. You like Luther Vandross. Dime a dozen.

Just glad Paul is gone. What a wannabe. How bad was he singing or talking Pink last night? Enough with the Porter Wagoner suit act, dude! Lame!

Recent winners have done NOTHING after the show. Young guys win the girl vote. Pia will probably be the biggest star from this season.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/21/2011, 01:43 PM
Opinions...just mine.

I think Casey is great. Super talented and original. Wish he'd stick with his genre and not try to be a screamer.

James has some talent, but has to quit screaming. We get it. You idolize Adam Lambert. It's already happened.

The two girls left are plain. Haley has some real talent, but won't win.

I hate Scotty. I love country music and I hate Scotty. Creepy one trick pony Josh Turner wannabe. Everytime his mouth opens I expect to hear, "Baby, lock the door and turn the lights down low...". Ugh!

Stefano is your standard hip hop guy. Dime a dozen but he can sing good.

The black dude...we get it. You like Luther Vandross. Dime a dozen.

Just glad Paul is gone. What a wannabe. How bad was he singing or talking Pink last night? Enough with the Porter Wagoner suit act, dude! Lame!

Recent winners have done NOTHING after the show. Young guys win the girl vote. Pia will probably be the biggest star from this season.

From now on if the Maestro chimes in to any subject just insert "Brad feels the same way"

DIB
4/21/2011, 02:07 PM
MamaMia, do you live in Kansas?

MamaMia
4/21/2011, 02:25 PM
MamaMia, do you live in Kansas?No.

Y'all do know James is a rocker with a little heavy metal in there? They scream. The question is...does he scream good, or does he scream bad? :pop:

It was really hard to know who to vote for this week with Pia gone. What the heck happened there?

Casey wont leave tonight I fear. Jabob or Stefano will be going home, but Casey will be a goner soon. The Las Vegas Holiday Inn will hire him. :D

Aldebaran
4/21/2011, 03:06 PM
q0ojfwbByL0

MamaMia
4/21/2011, 05:44 PM
Weird! :eek:

Oh...I also like that little country girl. Shes is so sweet and down to earth. Actually, I like them all except for Casey. He has those strange little teeth peeking out through his beard. :P

Okla-homey
4/21/2011, 05:57 PM
I haven't been watching much of it this year, but I caught last night. That stubby little blonde girl from Georgia, Lauren Alaina, has flat got some pipes.

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_10/lauren_alaina/

MamaMia
4/21/2011, 06:22 PM
I haven't been watching much of it this year, but I caught last night. That stubby little blonde girl from Georgia, Lauren Alaina, has flat got some pipes.

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_10/lauren_alaina/Shes pretty good. This is my first year of being a loyal watcher. I never liked Paula Abdul [sp?]. She always seemed so sloppy drunk when I tuned in and Simon actually got off on being a jerk. Very unbecoming. I don't care who wins. The kids watch, so I watch along. Its fun to try to guess who's going to get bumped. I was surprised Pia got the ax. My teeny boppers like James. :)

soonersponge
4/21/2011, 07:21 PM
I like that dood.

MamaMia
4/21/2011, 08:04 PM
Stefano. Cool guy. Great farewell song. I wish him the best.

smokeeater
4/21/2011, 11:02 PM

Oh...I also like that little country girl. Shes is so sweet and down to earth.

She'll never wear a smaller pair of jeans than she wears now.

MamaMia
4/21/2011, 11:10 PM
So, who do y'all think is hitting the road next time around? :)

She'll never wear a smaller pair of jeans than she wears now.Who, the fat nut in the video, or the country singer girl?

smokeeater
4/21/2011, 11:21 PM
The country girl.
I guess I wasn't interested enough to notice the fat nut in the video, but I can probably make the same comment about her/him/it.

The gay, non-tipper should be next, but he'll get the alternative lifestyle vote, so he'll probably be around for a while.

MamaMia
4/22/2011, 01:12 AM
The country girl.
I guess I wasn't interested enough to notice the fat nut in the video, but I can probably make the same comment about her/him/it.

The gay, non-tipper should be next, but he'll get the alternative lifestyle vote, so he'll probably be around for a while.

Who is the gay non tipper? :confused:

Here is a photo of that Lauren Alaina. She is chunky girl. Maybe one of those diet places will offer her a deal. She just turned 16 and in her last interview for Yahoo, she said that she wanted to lose weight. :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/sing_lauren_alaina_1280x10241.jpg

Pricetag
4/22/2011, 01:24 AM
How much control do these folks have over their stage presentation? James has had a couple of things that have made a couple of his performances seem cooler than they really were and seem unfair to the other singers.

I'm talking about the flaming piano and the appearance by Zakk Wylde. Wylde freaking wailed on that solo, and James kinda stood there looking at him.

MamaMia
4/22/2011, 02:31 AM
How much control do these folks have over their stage presentation? James has had a couple of things that have made a couple of his performances seem cooler than they really were and seem unfair to the other singers.

I'm talking about the flaming piano and the appearance by Zakk Wylde. Wylde freaking wailed on that solo, and James kinda stood there looking at him.They have choreographers. I read that they try to accommodate the performers, so I guess that means they can do whatever they want within reason. I'm sure that some of the performers probably have bigger imaginations in that area.

MamaMia
4/22/2011, 04:35 AM
I just remembered...next week is Carole King week. What in the name of screaming out rock and roll is James gonna do? :D

Haley might do "I feel the Earth Move" and Lauren or Casey may do "You've Got a Friend." Hmmm....I don't know about this; Carole King?

Chuck Bao
4/22/2011, 06:19 AM
I loves me some Carole King. It will be a great week on AI.

I think Pia actually went home because of that horrendous dalmatian print pant suit that was not at all flattering and showed off her big butt.

Then, Stefano went home after wearing those dumb red suspenders hanging down from his trousers. Why does anyone think that that looks cool?

And, I was very pleased to see that the other contestants were ribbing James about the scarves he hangs from his right back pocket. That is the gay side, yo. If you hadn't noticed, Steven Tyler gets in very subtle pot shots in at James' expense. This week it was something like: "People don't know how expensive it is to look so cheap." Heh!

Next week, it is time for one of the two country singers to go home - either Scotty or Lauren. They are the least likely to adapt to Carole King.

MamaMia
4/22/2011, 07:05 AM
I loves me some Carole King. It will be a great week on AI.

I think Pia actually went home because of that horrendous dalmatian print pant suit that was not at all flattering and showed off her big butt.

Then, Stefano went home after wearing those dumb red suspenders hanging down from his trousers. Why does anyone think that that looks cool?

And, I was very pleased to see that the other contestants were ribbing James about the scarves he hangs from his right back pocket. That is the gay side, yo. If you hadn't noticed, Steven Tyler gets in very subtle pot shots in at James' expense. This week it was something like: "People don't know how expensive it is to look so cheap." Heh!

Next week, it is time for one of the two country singers to go home - either Scotty or Lauren. They are the least likely to adapt to Carole King. I'm impressed. All these years I never knew you were such a fashionista Chuck. :D I agree that Pia's Capri pantalones were awful. When Gwen Stefani complimented her on those, I was thinking...."Please don't wear those on stage," but much to my dismay, she did. I think the reason Pia went home though, was because the vast majority of people who liked her either just didn't vote, or are the type of people who don't vote a bunch of times. They felt there was no reason. I also think the pocket scarfs are weird and chuckled when the other contestants poked fun at James about them. Its past time to get rid of the those things. I don't believe the comments Tyler says about James attire are potshots though. He has compared his style of dress to his own too many times, however I don't believe I have ever seen Steven Tyler wear pocket scarfs. :confused: I was wondering what was up (or down) with Stefano's suspenders as well. Did not like.

I would be surprised to see Scotty or Lauren go home next week. They just haven't been in the bottom three enough to think they would leave just yet, but you might be right because neither was Pia. Those little country teeny bopper girls like Scotty and James. I'm thinking Jacob will be next, but only because Haley is going to well with the Carole King theme.

Ya know, Carole King wrote a lot of songs for other people that she never performed. Do you know whether or not those will be allowed? Since this is my first year of being an avid watcher, I don't know the rules on that.

olevetonahill
4/22/2011, 07:37 AM
People really watch that carp? better yet People really GAS who wins?:rolleyes:

KuppiKunta
4/22/2011, 08:28 AM
She'll never wear a smaller pair of jeans than she wears now.

Carrie Underwood is at least 2-3 sizes smaller now than when she won. It's amazing what a dietitian and personal trainers can do!!

But then again, Kelly Clarkson is making at run at Oprah's wardrobe!!

MamaMia
4/22/2011, 08:39 AM
People really watch that carp? better yet People really GAS who wins?:rolleyes: Oh yes. We've been having loads of fun with it. My sissy got us all betting each other; 5 bucks on different stuff. You know, like who gets booted off every week, whether Lauren will be wearing her hair up or down, whether Casey will play an instrument, who will be in the bottom 3, how many times Steven Tyler will get bleeped and etc. She's the bookie. :P We watch by speaker phone/conference call mode together. I lost $55.00 on various bets the week Pia got the boot, but won $25.00 of it back this week when I picked Stefano to leave and that Jacob would get all teary eyed. Good old fashioned family fun. :P

Aldebaran
4/22/2011, 08:44 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_n3ExNnFDqAo/TB99e8PFZHI/AAAAAAAAAHY/Tr8G_dW6dVQ/s1600/watching+paint+dry+5.jpg

MamaMia
4/22/2011, 08:51 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_n3ExNnFDqAo/TB99e8PFZHI/AAAAAAAAAHY/Tr8G_dW6dVQ/s1600/watching+paint+dry+5.jpg

You missed a spot there Aldebaran. :D

Oh, and wish me luck next week. I have 4 people betting me that Jacob will be next.

olevetonahill
4/22/2011, 09:18 AM
Oh yes. We've been having loads of fun with it. My sissy got us all betting each other; 5 bucks on different stuff. You know, like who gets booted off every week, whether Lauren will be wearing her hair up or down, whether Casey will play an instrument, who will be in the bottom 3, how many times Steven Tyler will get bleeped and etc. She's the bookie. :P We watch by speaker phone/conference call mode together. I lost $55.00 on various bets the week Pia got the boot, but won $25.00 of it back this week when I picked Stefano to leave and that Jacob would get all teary eyed. Good old fashioned family fun. :P

Can honestly say Ive never watched a bit of it.;)

SoCaliSooner
4/22/2011, 09:18 AM
Carrie Underwood is at least 2-3 sizes smaller now than when she won. It's amazing what a dietitian and personal trainers can do!!

Paying somebody to knock food out of her hand before she raked it down her pie hole should be a requirement of a good personal assistant, along with long skinny fingers to help a singer puke their way into my image of perfection.

MamaMia
4/22/2011, 09:26 AM
Can honestly say Ive never watched a bit of it.;) What programs do you like to watch? Just Westerns? :)

olevetonahill
4/22/2011, 09:28 AM
What programs do you like to watch? Just Westerns? :)

I very seldom even turn the TeeVee on.

smokeeater
4/22/2011, 09:41 AM

Carrie was definitely over 115 when she started out, but she didn't have nearly the poundage to shed as Lauren? does. She may marry an professional athlete as well, but I'd bet basketball before hockey.

C&CDean
4/22/2011, 09:46 AM
I wish this stupid show would go off the air so we could quit having these stupid threads every year.

Adrian
4/22/2011, 09:58 AM
Paying somebody to knock food out of her hand before she raked it down her pie hole should be a requirement of a good personal assistant, along with long skinny fingers to help a singer puke their way into my image of perfection.

http://thisisdiversity.com/img/umedia/655/Image/Fat%20Kelly%20Clarkson.jpg

You'd need a gun for protection before you would dare to knock a pork chop out of her hands...

C&CDean
4/22/2011, 11:24 AM
http://thisisdiversity.com/img/umedia/655/Image/Fat%20Kelly%20Clarkson.jpg

You'd need a gun for protection before you would dare to knock a pork chop out of her hands...

Plus she's got the little cross prison tattoo on her wrist. This is one dangerous broad.

MamaMia
4/22/2011, 12:06 PM
This is a recent photo of Carrie

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/50529xcitefun-2gt0uwl.jpg

SoCaliSooner
4/22/2011, 12:08 PM
This is a recent photo of Carrie

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/50529xcitefun-2gt0uwl.jpg

Proving my point. The world is a cruel place for most porker chicks.

soonerbrat
4/22/2011, 12:23 PM

Oh...I also like that little country girl. Shes is so sweet and down to earth. Actually, I like them all except for Casey. He has those strange little teeth peeking out through his beard. :P

Ok, we get it....you don't like Casey.

soonerbrat
4/29/2011, 01:56 PM
when is Jacob going to be voted off? he seems sweet but he bugs the heck out of me. and hayley....WTH is voting for her? yuck.