PDA

View Full Version : So Homey/ The rest of ya

olevetonahill
4/20/2011, 08:30 AM
Get any Hummingbirds yet?

Looked O/S about 20 minutes ago and there were 5 pair fightin over the feeder. I mixed up another one and went and hung it .
Now they dont have to fight as much.

Got one more Ill put out later today

StoopTroup
4/20/2011, 08:36 AM
Got a few hummers here.

olevetonahill
4/20/2011, 08:38 AM
Got a few hummers here.

Birds? or the meth head kind? :eek:

Condescending Sooner
4/20/2011, 08:38 AM
Don't have any yet. Also didn't have any last year. I don't know what is going on.

StoopTroup
4/20/2011, 08:39 AM
Birds? or the meth head kind? :eek:

Meth Head Glad Wrappers I have to wear protective gear.

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons/169/1690185/36_2008/image_38.jpg

olevetonahill
4/20/2011, 08:48 AM
Don't have any yet. Also didn't have any last year. I don't know what is going on.

This is the earliest they have ever showed here at the shack.
The 1st pair was here on the 9th About a full week early

C&CDean
4/20/2011, 09:41 AM
We've had a few, and they're all males right now. Momma bought those feeders that have perches so the birds don't have to hover. They sit there a lot longer now.

olevetonahill
4/20/2011, 09:44 AM
We've had a few, and they're all males right now. Momma bought those feeders that have perches so the birds don't have to hover. They sit there a lot longer now.

Yea My feeders all have the perches ,
All males? The ones here are definitely pairs.

C&CDean
4/20/2011, 09:47 AM
Guess I've got the gay hummers.

MamaMia
4/20/2011, 09:48 AM
We have 3. One comes back every year. We call him Bully Bird because he wont let any other hummingbirds have any nectar until late in the afternoon. He perches up on the peach tree and guards his nectar from the glass container I fill until then. If one of the others try to take a sip, he dive bombs down at them.

olevetonahill
4/20/2011, 09:48 AM

Well ya had to have sompun to replace the Bull with :D

pphilfran
4/20/2011, 09:52 AM
Saw one this morning...

A pair of Carolina Chickadees have built a nest in one our bird boxes....the f'n sparrows are too big to get into the nest but they stick their head in the hole and then grab the babies by the head and pull em out...they got three so far...I am at the ready with my Benjamin pellet gun and I am going to wipe out the sparrow gang...

JohnnyMack
4/20/2011, 09:53 AM

How you doin'?

C&CDean
4/20/2011, 09:55 AM
Saw one this morning...

A pair of Carolina Chickadees have built a nest in one our bird boxes....the f'n sparrows are too big to get into the nest but they stick their head in the hole and then grab the babies by the head and pull em out...they got three so far...I am at the ready with my Benjamin pellet gun and I am going to wipe out the sparrow gang...

This is yet another reason why I despise birds. The hummingbirds are alright, but most birds to me are soulless cannibalistic vermin. It's those beady eyes man...

Mjcpr
4/20/2011, 10:33 AM
I haven't seen any yet, but our humming bird feeder is slowly being drained. I don't know if it's from humming birds or evaporation.

olevetonahill
4/20/2011, 10:59 AM
I haven't seen any yet, but our humming bird feeder is slowly being drained. I don't know if it's from humming birds or evaporation.

Where ya have it located?
Mine are here close to a window by My Puter desk

Mjcpr
4/20/2011, 11:03 AM
Where ya have it located?
Mine are here close to a window by My Puter desk

It's on the back porch. Admittedly, I haven't been watching it during prime feeding hours. :D

IB4OU2
4/20/2011, 11:06 AM

You must have those sneaky night hummers.

olevetonahill
4/20/2011, 11:07 AM
It's on the back porch. Admittedly, I haven't been watching it during prime feeding hours. :D

Heh, Im Like JS here, I spend a lot of time lookin out my window.;)
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/img/review/010309/rear_l.jpg

pphilfran
4/20/2011, 12:20 PM
This is yet another reason why I despise birds. The hummingbirds are alright, but most birds to me are soulless cannibalistic vermin. It's those beady eyes man...

You should be happy...one less sparrow in the world...his partner in crime got hit by shrapnel from the second shot...bastard hasn't been back...yet...but I am still packin'....