PDA

View Full Version : Night Golf in OKC?

Wayne Jarvis
4/19/2011, 11:54 PM
A couple of years ago, a buddy and I were playing a round of golf with this couple and they (as I recall) mentioned that there is a course in the OKC metro area where they play night golf under the lights (and/or possibly with glow in the dark golf balls).

I cannot remember the name of the course or where they said it is. Does anyone know of such a course?

Partial Qualifier
4/20/2011, 12:11 AM
JR's, best link I could find:

http://www.ziplocal.com/page/OK/oklahoma-city/j-rs-pub-and-grill-western-town-golf-course/1-23265588.html

King Crimson
4/20/2011, 01:16 AM
my dad used to pick up the range balls at Westwood when he was in law school....back then they had a few holes and the practice tee lit up. i'd guess it was 1, 8, 9.

i'd venture that glow in the dark golf balls is bs and not something to pay for. the point is to see where you are hitting it, not just finding it. context of the golf shot. not just chasing it after you hit it. that's a conceptual thing many players need. heh.

Boomer.....
4/20/2011, 07:46 AM
I was going to say JR's but I've had bad experiences there at night. We tried to go to their driving range around dusk but they refused to turn on the lights because there were not enough people there. We tried to turn back in our balls for a refund and they said no and to stand behind a spot light they had hooked up. Eventually after bitching for 10 minutes they called the owner and he let them turn them on.

The golf course is a par 3 nine hole. They said there must be at least 6 people on the golf course to turn on the lights and they would only light 3 holes at a time. Pretty pathetic.

Wayne Jarvis
4/20/2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks Partial Qualifier. That's exactly the place they were talking about.

i'd venture that glow in the dark golf balls is bs and not something to pay for. the point is to see where you are hitting it, not just finding it. context of the golf shot. not just chasing it after you hit it. that's a conceptual thing many players need. heh.

King Crimson, I'll take all the help I can get finding my golf ball. :) If they could invent a golf ball that not only glowed in the dark but beeped loudly and could be located with a GPS, I'd probably buy it! :D

StoopTroup
4/20/2011, 08:47 AM
NEWBS :D

http://www.macdillhappenings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/glowing_golf_ball.jpg

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2007/5/golf-ball-finder.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
4/20/2011, 08:59 AM
I was going to say JR's but I've had bad experiences there at night. We tried to go to their driving range around dusk but they refused to turn on the lights because there were not enough people there. We tried to turn back in our balls for a refund and they said no and to stand behind a spot light they had hooked up. Eventually after bitching for 10 minutes they called the owner and he let them turn them on.

The golf course is a par 3 nine hole. They said there must be at least 6 people on the golf course to turn on the lights and they would only light 3 holes at a time. Pretty pathetic.I'm surprised that JR said yes...I wouldn't give that place one ****'n penny out of my pocket...

Partial Qualifier
4/20/2011, 09:08 AM

The golf course is a par 3 nine hole. They said there must be at least 6 people on the golf course to turn on the lights and they would only light 3 holes at a time. Pretty pathetic.

I saw some complaints about the owner on another directory listing site.

He must be doing something wrong because everytime I drive by there I notice this nice-looking, well-maintained little par-3 course and not a soul on it.

Boomer.....
4/20/2011, 09:34 AM
I'm surprised that JR said yes...I wouldn't give that place one ****'n penny out of my pocket...

It took us bitching for 10 minutes. Actually I think one of the managers inside just decided to do it. I won't be going back there though.

Turd_Ferguson
4/20/2011, 09:37 AM
I saw some complaints about the owner on another directory listing site.

He must be doing something wrong because everytime I drive by there I notice this nice-looking, well-maintained little par-3 course and not a soul on it.He's a great PR kinda guy...and by PR I mean *******...

OutlandTrophy
4/20/2011, 09:47 AM
I'm guessing JR is an *******? I've never heard anything about the guy.

rekamrettuB
4/20/2011, 09:58 AM
Night golf w/ the glow in the dark balls, while entertaining, is extremely hard. Your depth perception gets tested a great deal. The balls don't go very far and you dang sure can't read a green in the dark. The couple tournaments we played int had the fairways and greens lit with luminaries and that was the only light source you could have.

Like I say, it was fun and got very drunk out those evenings.

soonercruiser
4/20/2011, 10:11 AM
i'd venture that glow in the dark golf balls is bs and not something to pay for. , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. context of the golf shot. not just chasing it after you hit it. that's a conceptual thing many players need. heh.

This!

Mjcpr
4/20/2011, 10:29 AM
I dunno about OKC, but there is a lighted par 3 course in Tulsa at LaFortune Park that's pretty fun....the entrance is around 55th and Yale.

SoonerNate
4/20/2011, 10:38 AM
NEWBS :D

http://www.macdillhappenings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/glowing_golf_ball.jpg

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2007/5/golf-ball-finder.jpg

That doesn't help you see the flag / read the green though.

Boomer.....
4/20/2011, 10:50 AM
I've played in tournaments where they tie glow sticks to the flags and put glowing disks in the holes.

StoopTroup
4/20/2011, 10:57 AM
That doesn't help you see the flag / read the green though.

He didn't ask about the green or the flag....

OutlandTrophy
4/20/2011, 11:41 AM
I've heard their onion burgers are pretty awesome.

sooner_born_1960
4/20/2011, 11:48 AM
Like he should turn on the lights for your little twosome. Bring a large group. Drink lots of beer, and order some burgers. He'd probably be happy to turn the lights on for you.

OutlandTrophy
4/20/2011, 11:52 AM
you cheap fu**ers, quit being wedge asses, spend some money and maybe JR will be nice to you.