PDA

View Full Version : For the record...

Okla-homey
4/19/2011, 08:15 PM
Bob Dylan is vastly overrated. In fact, I don't think anyone honestly likes his "music." I just think they claim to like it because it is hip to do so.

That is all.

olevetonahill
4/19/2011, 08:22 PM
I like a couple of his early songs. then someone went and started dressing him funny :eek:
http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ma/celebrity_wine_300508/bob_dylan_47341.jpg

GDC
4/19/2011, 08:24 PM
I feel the same way about Bruce Springsteen and U2.

SicEmBaylor
4/19/2011, 08:26 PM
I genuinely like Bob Dylan but his voice is utter ****.

starclassic tama
4/19/2011, 08:33 PM
great songwriter. who cares how technically great his voice is if he writes great songs and people like his voice?

VeeJay
4/19/2011, 08:42 PM
How does it feel
To be without a home

http://www.henrymakow.com/bob_dylan.jpg

http://www.projecthonduras.com/HTW/qaddafi.jpg

A Sooner in Texas
4/19/2011, 09:09 PM
Great songwriter, but it's painful to listen to him. The only song I can stand to listen to where he's singing is "Lay Lady Lay." But there are some pretty great covers of Dylan songs, like "If Not for You" on George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass."

yermom
4/19/2011, 09:14 PM
i'm not sure how you mention covers and it's not about Jimi

sooner ngintunr
4/19/2011, 09:22 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Gaslight.jpg

Thread fail.

A Sooner in Texas
4/19/2011, 09:47 PM
i'm not sure how you mention covers and it's not about Jimi

Cause I've been working since 9 a.m. today and just got done so my brain's fried. Or maybe it was the acid I dropped while listening to Jimi. Would never ignore him intentionally; not that anyone could.

Rhino
4/19/2011, 09:54 PM
On his songwriting prowess alone, you cannot say he's overrated.

On his influence on The Beatles, Johnny Cash and roots rock, you cannot say he's overrated.

On his influence on The Hawks (The Band), you cannot say he's overrated.

On his influence in the civil rights movement, you cannot say he's overrated.

Heck, on his voice, you cannot say he's overrated...because no one has ever claimed his voice was great.

picasso
4/19/2011, 09:55 PM
Bob Dylan is vastly overrated. In fact, I don't think anyone honestly likes his "music." I just think they claim to like it because it is hip to do so.

That is all.
He's good, and he's written better music than anything being produced these days.
Try listening some time.

Turd_Ferguson
4/19/2011, 10:06 PM
I feel the same way about Bruce Springsteen and U2.That's because your ****ing high...

Tulsa_Fireman
4/19/2011, 10:19 PM
Three words for those of you thinking Dylan is trash.

Rolling. Thunder. Revue.

Best work he did and worth a listen for those (like myself) who spin up something like Freewheelin' and promptly puke.

Mongo
4/19/2011, 10:20 PM
put fleetwood mac and the beatles in the overrated category

Turd_Ferguson
4/19/2011, 10:32 PM
put fleetwood mac in the overrated categoryYou are now dead to me...

Mongo
4/19/2011, 10:36 PM
You are now dead to me...

stevie nicks voice sucks. I am sorry you like ****ty music

sooner ngintunr
4/19/2011, 10:37 PM
Three words for those of you thinking Dylan is trash.

Rolling. Thunder. Revue.

Best work he did and worth a listen for those (like myself) who spin up something like Freewheelin' and promptly puke.

I'd rather have an album to "spin up". I'd like to know your favorite. I hear his Christmas album is great.;)

"Live at the Gaslight" is one my favorite chill albums. I know its not really an album but I really like it and its all I got.:O

SpankyNek
4/19/2011, 10:42 PM
I think this song is under rated:

MgJEZRIYgIs

Sorry for the truncated, bowling sounds version...this song gets cleaned off of youtube pretty quickly.

Turd_Ferguson
4/19/2011, 10:47 PM
stevie nicks voice sucks. I am sorry you like ****ty musicI challenge you to a sword fight at the next tail gate...

yermom
4/19/2011, 10:54 PM
I challenge you to a sword fight at the next tail gate...

eww

Tulsa_Fireman
4/19/2011, 10:54 PM

Listen to him, Turd. He's pre-med.

proud gonzo
4/19/2011, 11:22 PM
I agree with mongo--Stevie Nicks is awful. She's guaranteed to make me change the radio station.

Never liked Dylan either.

Leroy Lizard
4/19/2011, 11:39 PM

This.

Leroy Lizard
4/19/2011, 11:41 PM
put fleetwood mac and the beatles in the overrated category

This too.

And the Eagles.

Now Neil Young... he wasn't overrated. (I don't mind Dylan much. Great songwriter.)

Leroy Lizard
4/19/2011, 11:43 PM

"Now women, they will coOoOoOome and they will goOoOoOoO."

Ike
4/19/2011, 11:44 PM
I love listening to Dylan songs.

As long as someone other than him is performing them....

Condescending Sooner
4/20/2011, 08:32 AM
Kinda like sushi, caviar, and guinness.

IB4OU2
4/20/2011, 09:15 AM
I'm a Dylan fan...

3rdgensooner
4/20/2011, 09:23 AM
It is "hip" to like Bob Dylan?

OULenexaman
4/20/2011, 09:27 AM
This too.

And the Eagles.

Now Neil Young... he wasn't overrated. (I don't mind Dylan much. Great songwriter.) Neil Young sucks....that's why Stephen Stills kicked him out...

My Opinion Matters
4/20/2011, 09:27 AM
It is "hip" to like Bob Dylan?

Wake up! It's 1961.

KantoSooner
4/20/2011, 09:30 AM
Dylan was a good lyricist, I'll give him that; but his iconic status is wholly due to the political attitudes of the 1960's and 1970's.
There's so much better 'music' out there, and, if you want a political tinge to your audio, try Bob Marley (or, better, vocally, Jimmy Cliff (esp 'Sitting here in Limbo'). Virtually anything by The Clash out 'angers' Dylan. And, if dyspeptic acoustic guitar is your gig, Leroy nailed it with Neil Young. (Nothing like having a proper mind-set on a summer's day and being down by the lake with a Cinnamon Girl.)

C&CDean
4/20/2011, 09:38 AM
Neil Young sucks....that's why Stephen Stills kicked him out...

Harvest pwns anything Stills put out, and CSN&Y pwns anything CS&N ever put out.

To me Dylan is just a neutral. Great lyricist, terrible voice.

Fleetwood Mac? Loved their older stuff (look up "Oh Well" on utoob and tell me that **** doesn't rock) but they went all stupid when they brought in Stevie Nicks. However, Lindsay Buckingham is a very good guitarist.

U2? Meh. Everything sounds the same. How about a ****ing guitar solo or something?

The Beatles? Not overrated.

The Eagles? Not overrated.

Jammin'
4/20/2011, 09:47 AM
Dylan is unreal. I really can't get used to the fact that people who truly like music don't think he is simply the best America has ever produced.

flame on.

C&CDean
4/20/2011, 09:48 AM
Dylan is unreal. I really can't get used to the fact that people who truly like music don't think he is simply the best America has ever produced.

flame on.

Uheeeverbody must git stoned...

Viking Kitten
Homey, my friend, you are certainly entitled to your opinion on Bob Dylan, but you are not qualified to tell me mine. To tell me you think I only enjoy something because it is "hip" is downright rude.

Taste is an individual thing, so I can understand a person not liking something. However, I have never understood why, simply because one don't care for it, that person feels the need to insult others who do.

For example, Guinness was referenced above. Now, I personally think people who drink pale American lager swill like Budweiser either have woefully untrained tastebuds or just enjoy the taste of p*ss. However, I will never say to such a person "You don't really like your crappy beer, you just drink it so you can be like all the other NASCAR trash" because that would be presumptuous.

XingTheRubicon
Saying Bob Dylan is overrated is like describing a fireman that's risking his life as "showing off." or just simply, pooping into your hands.

"I can't even remember what it was I came here to get away from..."

Jacie
4/20/2011, 09:54 AM
Bob Dylan's songs (the ones his fans consider to be truly great) have to be viewed in context of the time of release. That so much of his work has been released by other artists as hits is a testament to Dylan's genius.

For me, Dylan's only failing was his attempts during the 80's to change his image from folk-rock storyteller supreme to something else (and there were several of these, all forgettable if not regrettable). I was glad he managed to get it right again when he was in The Traveling Wilburys.

These are my faves and most of them charted for Dylan and another artist (Stones, Hendrix et al)

Blowin' In The Wind
A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall
The Times They Are A Changin
Maggie's Farm
Mr. Tambourine Man (If you haven't actually heard William Shatner's version, it is an experience you must try . . . once)
Like A Rolling Stone
Just Like A Woman
All Along The Watchtower
Tangled Up In Blue

Jammin'
4/20/2011, 10:01 AM
Homey, my friend, you are certainly entitled to your opinion on Bob Dylan, but you are not qualified to tell me mine. To tell me you think I only enjoy something because it is "hip" is downright rude.

Taste is an individual thing, so I can understand a person not liking something. However, I have never understood why, simply because one don't care for it, that person feels the need to insult others who do.

For example, Guinness was referenced above. Now, I personally think people who drink pale American lager swill like Budweiser either have woefully untrained tastebuds or just enjoy the taste of p*ss. However, I will never say to such a person "You don't really like your crappy beer, you just drink it so you can be like all the other NASCAR trash" because that would be presumptuous.

Reread my post homey as you've placed a lot of words in my mouth that aren't there. It simply blows my mind other music lovers don't think Dylan is the ****. I didn't say I was right and you were wrong.

FYI: Anyone not liking a Double IPA is an idiot though. ;-)

Bob Dylan's songs (the ones his fans consider to be truly great) have to be viewed in context of the time of release. That so much of his work has been released by other artists as hits is a testament to Dylan's genius.

For me, Dylan's only failing was his attempts during the 80's to change his image from folk-rock storyteller supreme to something else (and there were several of these, all forgettable if not regrettable). I was glad he managed to get it right again when he was in The Traveling Wilburys.

These are my faves and most of them charted for Dylan and another artist (Stones, Hendrix et al)

Blowin' In The Wind
A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall
The Times They Are A Changin
Maggie's Farm
Mr. Tambourine Man (If you haven't actually heard William Shatner's version, it is an experience you must try . . . once)
Like A Rolling Stone
Just Like A Woman
All Along The Watchtower
Tangled Up In Blue

So many great songs. For me I'd add: "Most likely..." and "Leopard-skinned pillbox hat" And, I know these are "newer" albums but I can't get enough of the entire "Love and Theft" album, or "Modern Times" for that matter.

I let my wife know about 5 years ago that I will see Dylan everytime he plays in OK until he dies or I do. So far so good.

Viking Kitten
4/20/2011, 10:06 AM
Reread my post homey as you've placed a lot of words in my mouth that aren't there. It simply blows my mind other music lovers don't think Dylan is the ****. I didn't say I was right and you were wrong.

FYI: Anyone not liking a Double IPA is an idiot though. ;-)

Umm...well see, I wasn't actually addressing you.

Also for the record, I love IPAs. I am referring to the Bud/Miller/Coors variety of crap beer.

Jammin'
4/20/2011, 10:10 AM
Umm...well see, I wasn't actually addressing you.

Also for the record, I love IPAs. I am referring to the Bud/Miller/Coors variety of crap beer.

Ah, I see, then it's time for you to get a hammock, a blunt, a pint of dogfishhead 90min and enjoy "Love and Theft" on a nice afternoon.

Jacie
4/20/2011, 10:14 AM
I let my wife know about 5 years ago that I will see Dylan everytime he plays in OK until he dies or I do. So far so good.

I have only seen him once at LNC sometime in the early 80's (his rocker phase and he was wearing so much make-up he looked like a drag queen). He really butchered Shelter From The Storm that night . . .

picasso
4/20/2011, 10:18 AM
Dylan was a good lyricist, I'll give him that; but his iconic status is wholly due to the political attitudes of the 1960's and 1970's.
There's so much better 'music' out there, and, if you want a political tinge to your audio, try Bob Marley (or, better, vocally, Jimmy Cliff (esp 'Sitting here in Limbo'). Virtually anything by The Clash out 'angers' Dylan. And, if dyspeptic acoustic guitar is your gig, Leroy nailed it with Neil Young. (Nothing like having a proper mind-set on a summer's day and being down by the lake with a Cinnamon Girl.)
That's funny because Dylan never was on board with the liberal hippy cause. He used to run them off his property.

picasso
4/20/2011, 10:22 AM
Good lord you goobers. There's more to music and a musician than their effin voice.
Rod Stewart doesn't have the best voice but it's Rod Stewart and it's his sound.
Dylan's fits his genre perfectly.

IB4OU2
4/20/2011, 10:22 AM

Well said...I miss you kids!

Position Limit
4/20/2011, 10:24 AM
it seems most people associate dylans music with stuff he released in the early-mid 60's. as a dedicated dylan listener since college, i think his best stuff came in the 1970's. it's like two different artist. his jesus experiment in the 1980's was a bust. and "time out of mind" in 1997 is wonderful. i'll submit "blood on the tracks" for any of you clowns that think dylan is overrated. and how could any self respecting okie not at a minimun, appreciate dylans loyalty to woody.

for the record, IPAs are a gateway beer for the novice looking for street credit.

KantoSooner
4/20/2011, 10:26 AM
That's funny because Dylan never was on board with the liberal hippy cause. He used to run them off his property.

But he was plenty political and very, very p.c. for the times.

On the other hand, let's put in a strong vote for Frank Zappa's 'The Illinois Enema Bandit' as song of the century. Has there ever been a line to compare with, "Looking for some rustic co-ed rump, that he just might wanna pump."? Utter silliness paired with world-class musical talent.

picasso
4/20/2011, 10:32 AM

On the other hand, let's put in a strong vote for Frank Zappa's 'The Illinois Enema Bandit' as song of the century. Has there ever been a line to compare with, "Looking for some rustic co-ed rump, that he just might wanna pump."? Utter silliness paired with world-class musical talent.

:D

C&CDean
4/20/2011, 10:32 AM

"just let me put a little more rancid Budweiser on my beard right now, and I will show you how a young girl such as you might be THRILLED and overwhelmed by me...what hotel did you say you were staying at? wanna split right away?........not so fast you silly boy, there's one thing I gotta say....what kinda girl do you think we are? ........don't call us groupies that is going to far..."

KantoSooner
4/20/2011, 11:10 AM
And, lest we forget: "Titties and beer, titties and beer, titties and beer...."

On our ride up the mountain, of mystery, mystery...

"I got me three beers and a fist full of downs, and I'm gonna get ripped, so **** you clowns!"

soonerchk
4/20/2011, 11:10 AM

That is all.

I hate Bob Dylan, but if I could understand a word he was saying, I might change my mind.

Justin Beiber fan?

Jammin'
4/20/2011, 11:25 AM
I have only seen him once at LNC sometime in the early 80's (his rocker phase and he was wearing so much make-up he looked like a drag queen). He really butchered Shelter From The Storm that night . . .

I love that you never know what you get when you go see him. I understand it's not for everyone though. Last august at the zoo when he wasn't on guitar or keys and strutted the stage was awesome. But a year and half ago at the Brady when he stayed behind the keys all night in a vaudeville setting was equally cool...for me. (My wife doesn't get my infatuation either.)

I still believe that the band he was touring with on Modern Times was as good a band as he's ever had. (and I ****ing love Levon Helm and The Band, so I don't say that lightly)

picasso
4/20/2011, 11:27 AM
I love that you never know what you get when you go see him. I understand it's not for everyone though. Last august at the zoo when he wasn't on guitar or keys and strutted the stage was awesome. But a year and half ago at the Brady when he stayed behind the keys all night in a vaudeville setting was equally cool...for me. (My wife doesn't get my infatuation either.)

I still believe that the band he was touring with on Modern Times was as good a band as he's ever had. (and I ****ing love Levon Helm and The Band, so I don't say that lightly)

I hated missing him at the Brady but my father in law made it. I'll keep on listening and y'all can keep on hating.
And Homey, I think the Obersalzberg is overrated meself.:D

Bourbon St Sooner
4/20/2011, 01:25 PM
As usual, Homey is wrong and I've never been called hip in my life.

I've seen Dylan twice at Jazz Fest and, unfortunately, his already poor voice has just gotten worse. I could hardly tell what he was singing most of the time. So I probably won't go see him ago but i enjoy listening to his albums preferably with some whiskey on the rocks in one hand.

GDC
4/20/2011, 06:55 PM
Justin Beiber fan?

:D heh:D

King's X
UFO
Replacements
Kinks
Helmet
Nick Cave
Gram Parsons
Tragically Hip
Thin Lizzy

all underrated/underappreciated

Leroy Lizard
4/20/2011, 07:41 PM

I liked Nils Lofgren's guitar work on Neil's album probably more than Neil's.

Marley? Peter Tosh had the politics angle covered, not Bob. I look upon Bob as the Bon Jovi of reggae. (I'm much more of a dub fan.)

Jimmy Cliff was quite good, but for mainstream reggae artists it's tough to top Steel Pulse. Aswad too.

Anger? Hmmm.. Rage Against the Machine, I suppose. Love their music, but their politics stink.

Leroy Lizard
4/20/2011, 07:47 PM
Good lord you goobers. There's more to music and a musician than their effin voice.
Rod Stewart doesn't have the best voice but it's Rod Stewart and it's his sound.
Dylan's fits his genre perfectly.

Agreed. Neil Young has no voice, but he's great. I don't mind Dylan's voice at all. The good thing about these guys is that they never tried to hit notes they couldn't.

Frank Sinatra also had very limited range... but he sucked so forget that example.

Leroy Lizard
4/20/2011, 07:49 PM
:D

Doesn't compare to "Love is for ***-holes"

SpankyNek
4/20/2011, 07:51 PM
Lest we forget Burning Spear.

Tosh is my favorite, though.

Mongo
4/20/2011, 10:39 PM
rage against the machine. they suck. hard

Blue
4/20/2011, 10:42 PM
rage against the machine. they suck. hard

No way. They jam and they were original. Imo.

Mongo
4/20/2011, 10:50 PM

blue sucks for liking ratm

Blue
4/20/2011, 10:52 PM
Nuh uh.

Mongo
4/20/2011, 10:53 PM
yeah huh

StoopTroup
4/20/2011, 10:57 PM

4 albums and the 4th....

The band's final studio album, Renegades, released shortly after the band's dissolution, was a collection of covers of artists as diverse as Devo, Cypress Hill, MC5, The Rolling Stones, and Bob Dylan

Quite original....lol

Morello was original and was the only thing talented in the band. Zach had some good early rapping stuff but he was shallow and ran out of material IMO

Blue
4/20/2011, 10:59 PM
I thought they were pretty original back around 1990. Killing in The name of!

StoopTroup
4/20/2011, 11:01 PM
I thought they were pretty original back around 1990. Killing in The name of!

They were. One hit wonder. Actually that whole album was pretty good but they weren't able to make a run as a Super Group.

Blue
4/20/2011, 11:03 PM
See I liked Bulls on Parade and Battle of LA. Not as much as the first one, but still. Diff strokes and all I guess.

Mongo
4/20/2011, 11:09 PM
See I liked Bulls on Parade and Battle of LA. Not as much as the first one, but still. Diff strokes and all I guess.

zack in his other "band" is better, but not by much. I dont care how good you rap, if you speak nonsense, it doesnt help

MR2-Sooner86
4/20/2011, 11:14 PM
Kurt Cobain's greatest release was the safety. Nirvana is one of the most overrated bands ever. There, I said it.

StoopTroup
4/20/2011, 11:18 PM
Kurt Cobain's greatest release was the safety. Nirvana is one of the most overrated bands ever. There, I said it.

But were responsible for a new type of music called "Grunge" and therefore will someday be inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame along with Pearl Jam.

Bank it.

Mongo
4/20/2011, 11:22 PM

while I agree with this, the MTV unplugged alblum is great.

soonerchk
4/21/2011, 11:11 AM
Nazareth was totally underrated.

Leroy Lizard
4/21/2011, 08:23 PM
Lest we forget Burning Spear.

Dude sounded like a ghost. Black Uhuru was pretty good for a mainstream group too.

PDXsooner
4/21/2011, 08:25 PM
I have no idea what followed the original post, but in responding to the original post -- Bob Dylan's lyrics are unmatched by anyone anywhere.

Leroy Lizard
4/21/2011, 08:27 PM
But were responsible for a new type of music called "Grunge" and therefore will someday be inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame along with Pearl Jam.

Bank it.

No doubt. But grunge sucked. That whole Seattle sound sucked. (Although I liked Screaming Trees.)

PDXsooner
No doubt. But grunge sucked. That whole Seattle sound sucked. (Although I liked Screaming Trees.)

Ha ha ha, wrong.

Leroy Lizard
Nazareth was totally underrated.

Yes! Great band.

Most underrated: Shriekback (from Australia)

Blue
4/21/2011, 08:29 PM

Waaaaaaa? If it wasn't for grunge you would have been stuck with Michael bolton and MC Hammer for half of the nineties.

Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Nirvana, PJ, ....etc. You crazy man.

PDXsooner
4/21/2011, 08:37 PM
Waaaaaaa? If it wasn't for grunge you would have been stuck with Michael bolton and MC Hammer for half of the nineties.

2 thumbs up. Add Alice in Chains, and the greatest band of all time, Pearl Jam. Not to mention the Foo Fighters.

Blue
4/21/2011, 08:48 PM
Love me some Alice In Chains.

Leroy Lizard
4/21/2011, 11:08 PM

Meh.

These bands really had no effect on MC Hammer or Michael Bolton -- different audiences. If anything they affected the hair bands more than anything else. I don't see much gain there. It really wasn't until Korn and Tool came around that metal improved.

Jammin'
4/21/2011, 11:09 PM

You listed four bands, how about Beck, Metallica, Snoop, Dre, Guns and Roses, Beastie Boys, Dave Mathews,....etc. no one that lived through the 90s buys what your selling. You crazy man.

AlboSooner
4/21/2011, 11:12 PM
my taste in music is superior to yours !!11!

Jammin'
4/21/2011, 11:14 PM
my taste in music is superior to yours !!11!

my knowledge in music is superior to my wifes!!!111!!!111111111!!!

Blue
4/21/2011, 11:15 PM
Meh.

These bands really had no effect on MC Hammer or Michael Bolton -- different audiences. If anything they affected the hair bands more than anything else. I don't see much gain there. It really wasn't until Korn and Tool came around that metal improved.

I also like Korn and Tool.

Blue
4/21/2011, 11:16 PM
You listed four bands, how about Beck, Metallica, Snoop, Dre, Guns and Roses, Beastie Boys, Dave Mathews,....etc. no one that lived through the 90s buys what your selling. You crazy man.

I also like all those listed.

I guess point taken, but anyone who doesn't like the Seattle groups BE CRAZY MAN.

Blue
4/21/2011, 11:18 PM
How about some UB-40? heh? eh? e..?

Mongo
4/21/2011, 11:30 PM

DMB? srsly?

Blue
4/21/2011, 11:46 PM
DMB? srsly?

WINNING. DUH.

ueuWiF9cJxA&feature=related

Mongo
4/21/2011, 11:51 PM
let's go ahead and add The Test Crash Dummies to classic 90's greats

Blue
4/21/2011, 11:54 PM
Mmmmm. I reckon.

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pranks/img/sling/slingblade-001.jpg

PDXsooner
4/22/2011, 12:16 AM

Actually didn't mind them myself. The God Shuffled his Feet album was pretty damn good.

Blue
4/22/2011, 12:22 AM
Actually didn't mind them myself. The God Shuffled his Feet album was pretty damn good.

Yeah it was. Add Lives first album, Tonic, Rusted Root, and god forbid....97s Creed.

Blue
4/22/2011, 12:25 AM
Our lady peace, Counting Crows...and on and on.

Mongo
4/22/2011, 12:30 AM

I was joking. they are canadian. they suck just for that

Leroy Lizard
4/22/2011, 01:03 AM
How about some UB-40? heh? eh? e..?

Aaaaaah, the Bay City Rollers of reggae.

Leroy Lizard
4/22/2011, 01:07 AM

Ahem. Crash Test Dummies.

Put down Fields of the Nephilim in the underrated category (at least in the U.S.).

Also, remember Graham Parker? He was excellent. Too bad Mercury Records stifled his career.

OrlandoSooner
4/22/2011, 11:27 AM
2 thumbs up. Add Alice in Chains, and the greatest band of all time, Pearl Jam. Not to mention the Foo Fighters.

Pearl Jam is still producing good stuff. They are one of the few to survive to talk about it. They put on great shows.

KantoSooner
4/22/2011, 11:30 AM
Aaaaaah, the Bay City Rollers of reggae.

Nicely done, sir, nicely done.

Jammin'
4/22/2011, 11:33 AM
I also like all those listed.

I guess point taken, but anyone who doesn't like the Seattle groups BE CRAZY MAN.

I agree.

DMB? srsly?

haha. Yeah, I threw that in there to test the waters. My wife likes him.

I'll add some more 90s: Morphine, Air, Coolio, Warren G, RHCP, 2Pac.

Leroy Lizard
4/22/2011, 11:17 PM
I almost forgot: Put Gary Numan in the vastly underrated category. The dude is total badass and his recent albums rock! Love that darkwave.

K7yzG9Yo8fA

Mongo
4/22/2011, 11:24 PM
I agree.

haha. Yeah, I threw that in there to test the waters. My wife likes him.

I'll add some more 90s: Morphine, Air, Coolio, Warren G, RHCP, 2Pac.

I would say nice save, until you threw in Coolio.

Jammin'
4/23/2011, 07:31 AM
I would say nice save, until you threw in Coolio.

I'm trying to appeal to the masses. You saw my dmb post earlier. Morphine and air more than make up for Coolio.