4/19/2011, 12:22 PM
just saw on espn
damn i thought murray had it

TheHumanAlphabet
4/19/2011, 12:26 PM
I bet that Toombers COrner dood said something to ESPiN

usaosooner
4/19/2011, 12:30 PM
DeMarco never got closer than 2,000 votes to Ingram, blew past Fairley and Locker however

badger
4/19/2011, 12:31 PM
I don't like the idea of fans voting for the cover of NCAA Football. I also don't like the idea of EA having a monopoly on NFL and NCAA football franchises.

EA exec 1: New year, new game! What shall we do this year?
EA exec 2: Let's change the players numbers to coincide with current rosters, considering seniors graduating, freshmen coming in and transfer players leaving/coming to teams.
EA exec 3: Let's change the year on the box cover to coincide with the new season's year... or rather, the year the BCS bowls will be played during.
EA exec 4: Let's rebuild the game from the ground up to make it the best possible college football game that can possible be made that fans will be talking about for years!
EA exec 1: ...
EA exec 2: ...
EA exec 3: ...
EA exec 4: Um, I mean, let's make virtually the same game that we did last year so that fans can't wait to dump it for a new one in about a year's time!

:mad:

Mississippi Sooner
4/19/2011, 12:47 PM
I don't like the idea of fans voting for the cover of NCAA Football. I also don't like the idea of EA having a monopoly on NFL and NCAA football franchises.

EA exec 1: New year, new game! What shall we do this year?
EA exec 2: Let's change the players numbers to coincide with current rosters, considering seniors graduating, freshmen coming in and transfer players leaving/coming to teams.
EA exec 3: Let's change the year on the box cover to coincide with the new season's year... or rather, the year the BCS bowls will be played during.
EA exec 4: Let's rebuild the game from the ground up to make it the best possible college football game that can possible be made that fans will be talking about for years!
EA exec 1: ...
EA exec 2: ...
EA exec 3: ...
EA exec 4: Um, I mean, let's make virtually the same game that we did last year so that fans can't wait to dump it for a new one in about a year's time!

:mad:

Eggsaktly. That's why I only buy one every two or three years. There's just too little that's really changed from year to year. And, if you like to play in Dynasty mode like I do, you really build your team as you go along anyway. I just can't see shelling out for a new game year after year. Other than cosmetic changes and little shakeup in the available plays, not much changes.

Okie35
4/19/2011, 12:57 PM
Custom covers are better anyway.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/19/2011, 01:05 PM
Hmmm... I haven't played in awhile but I remember them changing the kicking meter on FG's/punts about every year. :D

SoonerPr8r
4/19/2011, 01:18 PM
RazmbrMjjsU&feature

Showing off some of the new "traditions" they are adding to the game
PygDCLkdKv0&feature

Also they have been highlighting the new offensive and defensive plays they are adding to reflect each teams playbooks. And last year they made a feature that allows you to actually run a no huddle offense. Last year was a pretty big step but it had tebow on the cover this year will prob be my last getting it.

JLEW1818
4/19/2011, 01:20 PM
will Alabama claim this as a National Title?

badger
4/19/2011, 01:27 PM
PygDCLkdKv0&feature

They showed whorn twice and the only time they had us was Finchie getting tackled by a Poke. Boo.

That video, to me, says "Spend $60 to see a duck mascot ride a motorcycle." :mad:

JLEW1818
4/19/2011, 01:28 PM
Release Date 7/12/2011

badger
4/19/2011, 01:37 PM
Release Date 7/12/2011

:mad::mad::mad: THAT'S TEBOW'S BIRTHDAY! :mad::mad::mad:

...i have no idea when Tebow's birthday is. I just thought I'd see if any of you read this far or if the rage sets in immediately, hehe.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/19/2011, 01:49 PM
...i have no idea when Tebow's birthday is. I just thought I'd see if any of you read this far or if the rage sets in immediately, hehe.

Hahaha... That's not his b-day. Everybody know's Tebow was born on Christmas. :rolleyes:

EatLeadCommie
4/19/2011, 02:22 PM
LOL. I still play Dynasty mode on NCAA 2003 on my PS2.

LakeRat
4/19/2011, 02:27 PM
The differences in the games the last couple years from year to year have been amazing.

Last year the addition of a real no huddle makes the game so much better than any of the madden games.

Also the AI for the first time was very solid on the defensive side. The way that corners in zone would follow a receiver to the next zone was awesome. If one receiver kept running slants, the computers AI would start to jump that route.

The defensive capabilities of audibiling were nice too. For instance, you could have the ability to rearrange your linebacking corp from flats coverage to a mid zone in the middle. Just b/c your in a base cover 3 doesn't mean you couldn't audible it into a man zone combo zone.

Some of these new additions made the game extremely technical if you wanted it to be. To say there isn't much difference is naive.

badger
4/19/2011, 02:36 PM
Some of these new additions made the game extremely technical if you wanted it to be. To say there isn't much difference is naive.

Call a play-action successfully on offense and then we'll talk. Seriously, the EA NCAA Football updates I've seen year-to-year ever since NP's addiction to it merit a patch update, not a $50-$60 buy-new-game update annually.

Also, I have one major, huge beef watching these games played if it's just you vs. AI... defense. You mention all of these great defensive things, yet how can it compare to an actual game when you are playing it from the perspective of behind the quarterback?!

I understand if you're playing against another human player, but c'mon, it would REALLY change the franchise up if you could play defense from the defense's perspective, receive the kickoff/punt from your own team's perspective.

starclassic tama
4/19/2011, 03:15 PM
you can do that, just click the right stick down and it throws the camera behind the defensive player you have selected. it's pretty neat to use when you are controlling a blitzing linebacker.

the game still has a long ways to go. put it on heisman and call play-action and you are guaranteed to be sacked. it's also way too hard to get pressure on the QB on heisman without blitzing a ton of guys.

rekamrettuB
4/19/2011, 03:42 PM
If Oregon was half as cool as they thought they were, that duck wouldn't be riding bitch.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/19/2011, 04:09 PM
Poor Ingram. He could have had a great NFL career.

As far as Murray, he didn't need any jinx to get himself injured again.

anglachel
4/19/2011, 04:27 PM
Hahaha... That's not his b-day. Everybody know's Tebow was born on Christmas. :rolleyes:

No, he was born on Dec. 25. They didn't call it Christmas until after he was born.

agoo758
4/19/2011, 05:55 PM
As my sig use to read. NCAA 07 is Bob Stoops of College Football Video games...... the best that ever was.

LakeRat
4/21/2011, 10:18 AM
Call a play-action successfully on offense and then we'll talk. Seriously, the EA NCAA Football updates I've seen year-to-year ever since NP's addiction to it merit a patch update, not a $50-$60 buy-new-game update annually.

Also, I have one major, huge beef watching these games played if it's just you vs. AI... defense. You mention all of these great defensive things, yet how can it compare to an actual game when you are playing it from the perspective of behind the quarterback?!

I understand if you're playing against another human player, but c'mon, it would REALLY change the franchise up if you could play defense from the defense's perspective, receive the kickoff/punt from your own team's perspective.

As mentioned by another poster, you do have the ability in the new game to highlight and be like a first person shooter type experience.

You can actually go play action in the latest game. But like in real life if you go play action with 5 guys in routes and they send a blitz, you are done. (See Bradford)

In the latest game, you have the ability to manipulate the game to go with 3 receivers and use play action effectively. This newest advent was actually very realistic. The other part of it, was if the defense was lined up in a blitz and you wanted to keep the same pass, you could run the play with out the back being a part of the pa part of it, giving you a quick release if you wanted to attack the Hot Route. Having your back pick up the free man that was blitzing.

Both of your complaints were addressed in the latest game. Obviously you didn't play that game.

This new game has the ability to get extremely technical, and if you so choose can whip anyone with any team if you are a better strategy guy.

badger
4/21/2011, 11:36 AM
Obviously you didn't play that game.

Nope it's my husband's game. I just listen to his complaints while he's playing :D

I used to play it, but like I've complained already, it seemed to be the same game released every year with very few changes. In the 2003 version, the last one I purchased (although technically since I'm married I've been purchasing it every year, hehe), it appeared that the only changes they made were an ice machine that the players walked by coming onto the field, and a cannon fired after touchdowns that OU doesn't have. BOOO!

Since then, I've been a spectator only, and really loved some of the changes - the ability to taunt to get a flag, the shaking camera if you were away from home and the crowd was getting too loud - but they've taken both out. Boo again!

I love watching him recruit though. Somehow I think it isn't too accurate in that commitments don't waiver once they give you a solid verbal.

But yeah, I'm very unqualified to critique the game since I don't actually play it. Still, I don't think anyone that actually does play it can honestly say the game wouldn't be better if EA didn't have an monopoly on NCAA football video games.

47straight
4/21/2011, 01:19 PM
The differences in the games the last couple years from year to year have been amazing.

Last year the addition of a real no huddle makes the game so much better than any of the madden games.

Also the AI for the first time was very solid on the defensive side. The way that corners in zone would follow a receiver to the next zone was awesome. If one receiver kept running slants, the computers AI would start to jump that route.

The defensive capabilities of audibiling were nice too. For instance, you could have the ability to rearrange your linebacking corp from flats coverage to a mid zone in the middle. Just b/c your in a base cover 3 doesn't mean you couldn't audible it into a man zone combo zone.

Have they figured out those huge technical hurdles to implementing an 85 man roster?

SoonerInLubbock
4/22/2011, 11:19 AM
RazmbrMjjsU&feature

PygDCLkdKv0&feature

Also they have been highlighting the new offensive and defensive plays they are adding to reflect each teams playbooks. And last year they made a feature that allows you to actually run a no huddle offense. Last year was a pretty big step but it had tebow on the cover this year will prob be my last getting it.

I really enjoyed NCAA 2011. Yeah it has a few quirks, like when you run out of bounds the clock continues to roll (?). But the number one complaint I have is Tebow gracing the cover. I hate that every time I load the game, I have to see Tebow.

SoonerPride93
4/22/2011, 01:36 PM
The game are well worth the small 60 bucks a year.

kelloggOUballa
4/22/2011, 02:03 PM
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/ingramps3NCAA.png

Alright guys, who can pull of getting DeMarco on the cover exactly how Ingram's is, so it looks like DM7 is the real cover athlete?

badger
4/22/2011, 02:08 PM
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/ingramps3NCAA.png

Alright guys, who can pull of getting DeMarco on the cover exactly how Ingram's is, so it looks like DM7 is the real cover athlete?

Before anyone does that, I must admit that cover is really cool with the glove flashing the Bammer logo and all with the Heisman pose and everything. I must say that now I won't want to gouge my eyes out everytime NP uploads that game now, because currently what I see is this:
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID28759/images/ncaa-football11-xbox360-tim-tebow-cover-350%281%29.jpg

The thought of him no longer being on our TV, along with the thought of him getting dumped by Elway and the Broncos after only one year makes me almost forgive him for Super Bowl XXXII. Almost.

badger
4/22/2011, 02:12 PM
Oh and if anyone needs some source pics to replace Ingram, here's some that are awesome:

http://www.gcobb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/DeMarcoMurray1.jpg
http://www.gcobb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/DemarcoMurray2.jpg

A really large image file of DM7 diving and flipping past Texas defenders from last season! (http://blog.newsok.com/photo/files/2010/11/spart-Demario1B.jpg)