PDA

View Full Version : So how did the new voice of the Sooners do at the Spring game??

TheHumanAlphabet
4/19/2011, 08:41 AM
Just wondering...

rekamrettuB
4/19/2011, 08:46 AM
Sounded pretty good on the highlight video: http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/?media=242104

Lott's Bandana
4/19/2011, 08:51 AM
His voice is very wonderbread and doesn't have a great deal of distinction, to my ears. However, there was no real electricity in the event and may be completely different during a real game with crowd/band noise, etc.

Technically, he sounded like it was his first game, with a few pauses and repeats, but this will get better I think.

He says, "opposite side of the field" and "going left to right" quite a bit, perhaps feeling obligated to the radio audience more than he should, but again, this will likely smooth out as he gains experience.

I would give him a B.

Edit: After watching the highlight video, I am a bit more impressed. Makes sense though, as they are highlights, compared to my listening while driving back from Tulsey on the turnpike. Lots of dead time during the actual broadcast.

EatLeadCommie
4/19/2011, 08:55 AM
Sounds pretty good. Looks like we may have a new kicker as well...somebody who can actually get it over the defensive line without giving me a heart attack.

SoonerPride
4/19/2011, 09:10 AM
He got all the names right and didn't have any corny puns = better than BBS.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/19/2011, 09:12 AM
Sounded pretty good on the highlight video: http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/?media=242104

That's the first time I've seen that vid. Sounds like he did a pretty good job to me. PLUS, he got all their name's right! :D :P ...Dom Whaley looked pretty impressive. I wonder if he'll get into the rotation? Blake Bell has got some wheels on him too!

LakeRat
4/19/2011, 11:15 AM
Like starting a true frosh QB. All of it has to be taken in that perspective.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/19/2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the insight and the link. Can't wait to get home to check the link...

So, he wasn't "wriggling for a hot dog" ?? ;)

Chuck Bao
4/19/2011, 12:34 PM
I like a lot. Of course, I am mainly going to have to listen to the internet radio broadcasts again this next season.

JRAM
4/19/2011, 07:17 PM
He did a great job considering all the confusion of a red-white game. He will get better and better as time goes on.

Sooner_Tuf
4/19/2011, 09:36 PM
I think he did a good job. I am going to miss Touchdown Oklahoma!

He has a good voice and at this point he looks to be a great hire.

rekamrettuB
4/20/2011, 09:54 AM

What's Toby going to say? Touchdown Miami! :D

C&CDean
4/20/2011, 10:00 AM
He did pretty good, but he used the "chopped down at the 45" deal way too much. I listen every once in a while to his morning show on KREF, and he is terrible with the "uuhhh" "uuhhh" between thoughts/words. I think he needs to go to Toastmaster's or something. When people resort to the "uuhhh" or "you know" during speech it wears me slick.

SoonerNate
4/20/2011, 10:04 AM

He has a good voice and at this point he looks to be a great hire.

Give him a few years and he'll come up with something unique. Remember, folks were going to miss "Jiminy Christmas" as well but that went over fine.

Sooner_Tuf
4/20/2011, 01:04 PM
What's Toby going to say? Touchdown Miami! :D

Watch the highlight video posted and you will have your answer.

bigfatjerk
4/20/2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/allaccess/?media=242104

you be the judge.