PDA

View Full Version : Take a few moments tomorrow....

StoopTroup
4/18/2011, 11:48 PM
Stop and then take a moment of silence Please....

http://www.durangotexas.com/eyesontexas/pix/okc/murrah9_small.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bBlNFyLU7Ik/S8yPEkMETAI/AAAAAAAAAho/kLxFfnIuWLk/s1600/baylee.jpg

http://www.barnezy.com/Pics/OKC%20Bombing%20Memorial%20Wall%203.jpg

http://images.publicradio.org/content/2007/08/13/20070813_murrah_2.jpg

http://merrymerryquitecontrary.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/oklahoma-city-memorial-1.jpg

TIA....

Boomer.....
4/19/2011, 07:14 AM

TahoeSOONER
4/19/2011, 07:54 AM
In

CrimsonCommando
4/19/2011, 09:04 AM
I'm so glad we executed those fockers.

SoonerPride
4/19/2011, 09:08 AM
16 years ago today the parents of one of my best friends from high school were killed along with 166 others in the Oklahoma City bombing. Donald and Mary Anne Fritzler are not forgotten. On May 1st, I will run in the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. It will be "a run to remember."

Http://www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/secondary.php?section=1&ordering=61&catid=24 w

NorCal Sooner
4/19/2011, 09:09 AM

StoopTroup
4/19/2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks Everyone.

EatLeadCommie
4/19/2011, 09:18 AM
A lot of good folks left us too soon on that day...

Whenever I go visit my grandfather's grave (and now my grandmother's as well), it always pains me to look across the road in the cemetery and see the grave of a few kids with a stone Barney on the tombstone. They died on that day, presumably at the hands of McVeigh.

Oldnslo
4/19/2011, 01:41 PM
In.

Quik Sand
4/19/2011, 01:43 PM
RIP to those lost :(

JLEW1818
4/19/2011, 02:14 PM
:(

badger
4/19/2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.weddingandpartynetwork.com/gallery/photos/4736
Blue and orange in honor of OKC's first pro franchise.

OKC really has come a long way from being the bane of Connie Chung's questions and the city has done nothing but grow and prosper since all of the outpouring support nationally in '95.

virginiasooner
4/19/2011, 02:49 PM
I'm so glad we executed those fockers.

Only McVeigh got the needle, but he's burning in hell. And Nichols will die behind bars.

Cornfed
4/19/2011, 02:59 PM
I will never forget that day. I was at work and came in after a job and everyone was glued to the TV. I later found out my siste in law had been at the building 5 minutes before it went off!!!!

MsProudSooner
4/19/2011, 03:27 PM
I still remember the first time I saw that picture of the fireman & Baylee Almon. I always picked up the paper at the end of the driveway and took it to work with me. I must have sat at the end of the driveway for 5 minutes before I could put the car in gear and make the 30 minute drive to work. It hits me the same way, every time I see it.

A Sooner in Texas
4/19/2011, 08:52 PM
I love you, OKC and Oklahoma, and am so proud to be an Okie, especially one in Texas.

THA RO SOONER
4/19/2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks to all for thoughts and prayers, lost my aunt in this horrible act. was a hard day for the family and my very close cousin. We will never forget.

VA Sooner
4/20/2011, 09:03 AM
I still remember that morning... got a call from my then-girlfriend while I was working in Iowa City, "A bomb went off in OKC." I thought... that's strange.

Stranger still were the videos and images of the tragedy there and calling my family to get more details. My father works a mile from the Murrah building and felt the explosion shake his office building.

The Memorial is a chilling sight... the atrocities from the hatred from two men and the loss of innocent lives.

I bow my head in memorial for that day.

SoonerNomad
4/21/2011, 09:55 AM
I was busy at work when I first saw this and couldn't respond, but I really appreciate the original poster and the pictures. This is something that will never be forgotten. I never forget the day and had already said a prayer to the families that lost loved ones before seeing this thread.

I live in Kingman, Arizona and did at the time of the crime. Being an OU fan, being an American, being a military brat, being an Okie, I was sick to my stomach to hear that people that had lived in this small community had anything to do with terrorist behavior on Americans and on American soil.

For the next couple of years every time I drove to Oklahoma or North Texas to see family I would make sure I had nothing on my truck that said Kingman. I was embarrassed and I guess I still am. I do love Kingman and will probably die here, but it will always be a stain on this community.

I remember on the day of the bombing watching Oklahoma news anchor Tammy Payne being shown live on CNN covering the story. I had worked with her at a small TV station in Wichita Falls, Texas in the late 80's. I called her a few months later and she was gracious, but she couldn't understand how I could live here.

richfolsom
4/21/2011, 11:08 PM
What a bittersweet day for me. My daughter was born that morning in Del City and 3 hours later, we heard the bomb go off. I think about it every year to this day.

BHB 91
4/21/2011, 11:44 PM
A good friend's mother never made it out of the building that day. 13 years later when my wife and I were choosing a Saturday to get married, we chose this day to bring some happiness to a sad day.

ouwasp
4/22/2011, 12:41 AM
I remember seeing this quote from Killer McVeigh, when asked what if he was wrong in his opinion about there being no God; no afterlife...

"I'm a soldier. I'll improvise, adapt, and overcome." :rolleyes: How's that going, Tim?

I always feel sorry for his Dad and sister. And the victims/families, of course.

Wonder what McVeigh's lawyers did w/ Tim's ashes? Kitty Litter, anyone?

Leroy Lizard
4/22/2011, 01:18 AM
A good friend's mother never made it out of the building that day. 13 years later when my wife and I were choosing a Saturday to get married, we chose this day to bring some happiness to a sad day.

You got married on the anniversary of the bombing? That's, like, super emo dude.

PLaw
4/22/2011, 12:44 PM
In.

May God bless all touched by this tragedy. It's a strong reminder that we need to show His love to everyone and not let opportunities slip by.