PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the red white game.

LakeRat
4/18/2011, 02:14 PM
1. It felt amazing being sunburnt from sitting in the stadium again. Man I love that feeling. Walking out and realizing that I am now demonstrating my red and white colors on my body as well as my clothes.

(serious thoughts)

2. Running backs looked very solid all the way down the depth chart. Someone I had never heard of, #31 Whaley?, looked the best. He looked very sharp. Will be interesting to see his play time and if he just had an amazing scrimmage.

3. QB's need some WR help. Obviously it isn't a fair situation with Stills playing about 3 snaps and Broyles doing nothing but fair catching punts. On the positive side Dejaun Miller looked amazing. Probably the best I had seen him. Trey Franks didn't have his best day. That was probably my only dissapointment. I was hoping for him to have a big day.

4. We are deep at QB. We will be elite there for many years as long as there aren't any transfers. Timing looked a little off would have been the only criticism. Which I would expect in the spring. Hopefully this will get remedied over the summer. (Lots of receivers not in the game made this prevalent.)

5. There are some absolute studs in the secondary. Most are very young, but Jefferson and Colvin stuck out as just absolute studs. Those two will be amazing.

Jefferson appeared to play as an outside LB and then would man up on a slot guy. Would be interested in thoughts as to what his position is in the 3-4 alignment we seemed to be in for most of the game. He then rotated into a safety position. If that is the case, that he is a safety, I would predict that him and Colvin would be your starting safeties and that would not be a weak spot.

Corners struggled off and on throughout the contest with Hurst being the one exception. We need a second DB there that I didn't see make an impression.

6. LB's looked solid. T LEW and Corey Nelson being the standouts. Favors also looked very talented, but raw.

7. O-Line looked good one play and not very good the next. When you are playing with first and second string mixed and matched it is tough to tell if it is a sub constantly getting beat.

8. D-Line see the o-line.

9. ST looked about the same as last year. Missed a 49 yarder, which is understandable. Some of tress ways punts were great and others were average. I just am shocked when a Tress punt isn't for 60 yards.

10. Coaching looked very vanilla with no creativity. I am thinking it is time to fire them all. (Sarcasm)

11. Fans were great. I have never seen that many fans for a red-white game. It was very impressive. My only problem was they really didn't make enough noise on the big third downs. They need to do a better job of helping the defense out on those big plays!!

Overall we looked so much more talented than any of the other spring games I had seen. (Texass, LSU, some of SC come to mind)

TheLadiesMike
4/18/2011, 06:35 PM
11. Fans were great. I have never seen that many fans for a red-white game. It was very impressive. My only problem was they really didn't make enough noise on the big third downs. They need to do a better job of helping the defense out on those big plays!!

Not sure if serious.

jersey sooner
4/18/2011, 07:17 PM
How did Javon Harris look?

Whet
4/18/2011, 08:39 PM
A little kicking action!

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/awanderlust/IMG_5430.jpg

SGA
4/18/2011, 09:55 PM
Not sure if serious.

I heard some people got pepper sprayed for rushing the field at the end of the game

Collier11
4/18/2011, 09:58 PM
isnt there a thread already?

Al Gore
4/18/2011, 10:04 PM
Yes.....but I left out #11

oudavid1
4/18/2011, 10:13 PM
I understand people are really excited about Whaley. But I'm gonna come out and say how I feel, he is not gonna play a down. I know he looked good but to me he at this point in time he is not good enough. He will be forgotten.

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the report. I had to give my ticket away. I woke up with a sore throat. Didn't want to make any fellow Sooners get sick on my account. :(

LakeRat
4/19/2011, 11:20 AM
In my non expert opinion Javon got beat several times. I was a little dissapointed b/c I was hoping for big things.

Mike, obviously I would hope the fans didn't make a lot of noise when our team is on offense and defense. Would have been weird.

When I posted, the other thread was on page 2 and didn't see it. My apologies.

Once again, overall we look light years ahead of the other spring games that I saw televised. Never a fair comparison based on what plays are open and what blitzes are restricted etc. . .

JLEW1818
4/19/2011, 11:50 AM
A little kicking action!

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/awanderlust/IMG_5430.jpg

did that go in?

MojoRisen
4/19/2011, 11:51 AM
Honeycutt hit some long field goals...