PDA

View Full Version : The hillbillies next door

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 12:43 PM
Their gigantic tree fell down into their house. They had a chain wrapped between the two lower trunk branches, It cracked at that spot. Now they have a tree house.

SoCaliSooner
4/18/2011, 12:44 PM
Where do you live?

Mjcpr
4/18/2011, 12:45 PM
Pic?

saucysoonergal
4/18/2011, 12:45 PM
too bad it didn't fall on the trumpet vines.

soonerchk
4/18/2011, 12:46 PM
I used to have felon hillbillies next door, but I moved.

That's really all I have to add other than I want to see pics, too.

jumperstop
4/18/2011, 12:47 PM
UGmcExHY9eA&feature

3rdgensooner
4/18/2011, 12:50 PM
You live next door to "proud to be a ****ing hillbilly" Dean?

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 12:55 PM
Where do you live?Woodward. The winds were awful. I was too afraid to try to leave my home.

Pic?I'll take one with my cell but all thats left is a half a tree. I just looked out the window and they pretty much got it all cleaned up and hauled off. They were out there with a chain saw all day yesterday. It crashed into their house. I thought something had hit my house because it was so loud and my house shook. It scared my dogs really bad. Some of the smaller branches flew off and hit my spare car.

too bad it didn't fall on the trumpet vines.

Oh, how I wish. I would pay big money to have someone whack those vines. :D

martins such a chicken. He lives a mile away. He could do the hit. :P

jumperstop
4/18/2011, 01:00 PM
Good thing it was your spare car....You're ****ing fancy....

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 01:00 PM
You live next door to "proud to be a ****ing hillbilly" Dean?No. I live next door to "I love to decorate my lawn with piles of plastic things" and his wife... "I don't know I'm a hillbilly but I am." :D

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 01:02 PM
Good thing it was your spare car....You're ****ing fancy....

My good car isn't fancy. Its just a Pathfinder, but it is the luxury model. :P

soonerchk
4/18/2011, 01:03 PM
No. I live next door to "I love to decorate my lawn with piles of plastic things" and his wife... "I don't know I'm a hillbilly but I am." :D

If it's whole bunch of flamingo ornaments, then I know her.

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 01:10 PM
If it's whole bunch of flamingo ornaments, then I know her.

I wish it was the flamingo things but its worse. Its those colorful hanging twirling things, a plastic birdbath, plastic figurines and get this...they love their plastic birdbath so much that they have surrounded it with plastic roping strung through plastic poles that are suppose to replicate the roping they have at museums. Its hideous. :eek:

Here is whats left of their tree. I'll take pictures of their plastic hideous things later. Right now I'm half naked. :P

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/tree1.jpg

jumperstop
4/18/2011, 01:14 PM
Right now I'm half naked. :P

Hawt!

3rdgensooner
4/18/2011, 01:16 PM
Is it the Steves residence?

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 01:20 PM

I don't know their name.

soonerchk
4/18/2011, 01:22 PM
I'm giddy at the thought of pics of the tacky plastic things!!!!

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 01:24 PM

Ok. I'll get dressed, but I wont like it. . :P

sooner_born_1960
4/18/2011, 01:25 PM
Ok. I'll get dressed, but I wont like it. . :P
Neither will I.

C&CDean
4/18/2011, 01:29 PM

Bitches be easily amused.

3rdgensooner
4/18/2011, 01:34 PM
I don't know their name.Do you ever see Calvin the Paper Boy there?

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 01:58 PM
Here's the plastic urns. Check out the plastic planter hanging to the right of the garage. It actually has plastic flowers in it. :O

Those hooks are for the plastic twirly things. Maybe they were damaged in the wind storm?

This area has potential. Too bad they have no taste.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/plastic1.jpg

The lovely plastic birdbath. It looks like the roping blew away. Darn.

They taped the window that got broken. I love the milk case thingy. NOT! :P

See the squirrel? Its not real. Why do they need that thing when we have hundreds of real ones right here? It makes no sense to me. :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/birdbath2.jpg

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 02:03 PM
Do you ever see Calvin the Paper Boy there?

No. Is there a paperboy there? :confused: Theres some kid over there; maybe a senior...he keeps buying these VERY loud wake you up in the morning clunkers.

soonerchk
4/18/2011, 02:09 PM
Here's the plastic urns. Check out the plastic planter hanging to the right of the garage. It actually has plastic flowers in it. :O

This area has potential. Too bad they have no taste.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/plastic1.jpg

The lovely plastic birdbath. It looks like the roping blew away. Darn.

They taped the window that got broken. I love the milk case thingy. NOT! :P

See the squirrel? Its not real. Why do they need that thing when we have hundreds of real ones right here? It makes no sense to me. :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/birdbath2.jpg

Oh my gravy, that was even better than I'd hoped, especially the fake squirrel!!!

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 02:13 PM
It will get better as the weather turns. I'll keep you updated. They also have those Shepard's hook planter holders that they line the walk way with. I hate those things. If you're going to have them, ok, but don't string them across the yard. At least group them together. You want to see those too? :D

soonerchk
4/18/2011, 02:15 PM
It will get better as the weather turns. I'll keep you updated. They also have those Shepard's hook planter holders that they line the walk way with. I hate those things. If you're going to have them, ok, but don't string them across the yard. At least group them together. You want to see those too? :D

Yes, and what's that big thing hanging on the side of the house in the first pic? Is it a flag or art or what?

2121Sooner
4/18/2011, 02:18 PM
$50 says that they wear jerseys, crocs, and jorts as well

F'n hillbillies. And hillbillies is Mama's word, not mine

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 02:18 PM
I live in the oldest neighborhood in town so all the homes are different. My home is 70 years old. Its peaceful here and very quaint. You can have one home worth 70,000.00 right next door to a 5000,000.00 home. My theory....no matter the size, at least make your home look presentable. Give it some class; a little curb appeal. You know what I mean?

hipsterdoofus
4/18/2011, 02:19 PM
This thread reminds me of this:

http://www.joespc.com/carlos/redneck.htm

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, and what's that big thing hanging on the side of the house in the first pic? Is it a flag or art or what?
Its a worn out flag.

$50 says that they wear jerseys, crocs, and jorts as well
Its a worn out flag. They have a garage sale that I swear lasts all summer. It drives me insane. This year, I will put a stop to that. You are only allowed two a year legally.

F'n hillbillies. And hillbillies is Mama's word, not mineThey wear hillbilly clothes. :D

Chuck Bao
4/18/2011, 02:22 PM
I really hate to tell you this Mama, but your dogs are probably Democrats. And, I'm guessing that the real reason for your resentment against the neighbors is that your dogs would much rather spend time over with the neighbors than at your house. Actually, I don't blame them.

BTW, do you know where I can buy one of those fake squirrels?

Adrian
4/18/2011, 02:23 PM
Oh my gravy, that was even better than I'd hoped, especially the fake squirrel!!!

If it were a real sqirrel, it would be stewin' in a pot...

2121Sooner
4/18/2011, 02:24 PM
I live in the oldest neighborhood in town so all the homes are different. My home is 70 years old. Its peaceful here and very quaint. You can have one home worth 70,000.00 right next door to a 5000,000.00 home. My theory....no matter the size, at least make your home look presentable. Give it some class; a little curb appeal. You know what I mean?

$5000,000.00?????

Is that like a brazillion?

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 02:28 PM
The Shepards hooks strung across the yard. Why? :confused:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/planters.jpg

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 02:30 PM
$5000,000.00?????

Is that like a brazillion?

I meant 500 thousand. Of course my property value went down when they moved in. :D

ouduckhunter
4/18/2011, 02:36 PM

Yup, absolutely no taste, or just plain ole, really bad taste!

We live in a subdivision that's about 15 years old. A couple blocks down somebody painted their house a really hideous shade of a bright rosy colored, pink. That might be o.k. in the right neighborhood and on a smaller house, but not in one where every other house is painted in muted earth tones, pale blues and yellows, etc. As it is, it sticks out like an ugly, sore thumb! Pfft!

2121Sooner
4/18/2011, 02:38 PM
Just messing with ya

I knew you meant $500,000

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 02:41 PM
I really hate to tell you this Mama, but your dogs are probably Democrats. And, I'm guessing that the real reason for your resentment against the neighbors is that your dogs would much rather spend time over with the neighbors than at your house. Actually, I don't blame them.

BTW, do you know where I can buy one of those fake squirrels?My real reason[s] for my resentment of the neighbors, other than the tacky lawn ornaments is comprised of a very long list including the fact that I have just spent the better part of a week now digging up their tubular vine roots, like I do every year, before they choke out my vintage rose bushes.

My dogs are perfectly spoiled. Pay attention. Oh and if you want a plastic squirrel find it yourself in between possum hunting and watching your Hee Haw reruns. :D

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 02:43 PM
Yup, absolutely no taste, or just plain ole, really bad taste!

We live in a subdivision that's about 15 years old. A couple blocks down somebody painted their house a really hideous shade of a bright rosy colored, pink. That might be o.k. in the right neighborhood and on a smaller house, but not in one where every other house is painted in muted earth tones, pale blues and yellows, etc. As it is, it sticks out like an ugly, sore thumb! Pfft!

Across town there is a house with hippy flowers on it. I think its pink too. I kid you not. I'll take a picture of that one. Its pretty funny. They're oSu fans, like my neighbors. :D

soonerchk
4/18/2011, 02:50 PM

BTW, do you know where I can buy one of those fake squirrels?

I bet Cracker Barrel has them. I'll look next time I'm in Lawton.

KuppiKunta
4/18/2011, 02:52 PM

I assume that term is relative?

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 02:55 PM
I bet Cracker Barrel has them. I'll look next time I'm in Lawton.

They probably have them at the Dollar Tree.
I assume that term is relative?Until they fix their grass, which has cost me the price of a couple extra bags of Scott's because of their weed seeds, I wouldn't exactly call it a lawn.

soonerchk
4/18/2011, 02:56 PM
They probably have them at the Dollar Tree.

I'm not going there. I have limits.

The
4/18/2011, 03:01 PM
You should live where there is a HOA. Then you wouldn't have to put up with living next to trash.

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 03:01 PM
I bet Cracker Barrel has them. I'll look next time I'm in Lawton.Chuck Bao can just encase himself in plaster and pour him up a great big squirrel. :D

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 03:05 PM
I'm not going there. I have limits.Its the only place in town where you can buy kiddy balloons. :D

soonerchk
4/18/2011, 03:15 PM
Its the only place in town where you can buy kiddy balloons. :D

You start buying plastic squirrels and I'm going to come out there and stage an intervention.

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 03:39 PM
You start buying plastic squirrels and I'm going to come out there and stage an intervention.

:D

hawaii 5-0
4/18/2011, 03:42 PM

"Wanna buy a Transcript?"

5-0

Trump/Calvin 2012

saucysoonergal
4/18/2011, 03:43 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/deliverance_banjo_Which_weapon_would_you_use_to_ki ll_Edward_with-s389x300-84418-580.jpg

Does this kid sit on the front porch?

3rdgensooner
4/18/2011, 03:45 PM
"Wanna buy a Transcript?"

5-0

Trump/Calvin 2012
Yes.

"Paper Today?"

Chuck Bao
4/18/2011, 03:56 PM
Chuck Bao can just encase himself in plaster and pour him up a great big squirrel. :D

Did you just call me a great big squirrel?

Okay maybe that is so. But as a squirrel, I know a bad nut when I see one. ;)

KuppiKunta
4/18/2011, 04:03 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/deliverance_banjo_Which_weapon_would_you_use_to_ki ll_Edward_with-s389x300-84418-580.jpg

Does this kid sit on the front porch?

You know that kid grew up to play basketball at OSU and have a short NBA career?

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 04:04 PM
Did you just call me a great big squirrel?

Okay maybe that is so. But as a squirrel, I know a bad nut when I see one. ;) None of us want to hear about your private parts. :eek:

Jammin'
4/18/2011, 04:15 PM
You know that kid grew up to play basketball at OSU and have a short NBA career?

Point of information: Page has a year of eligibility left.

KuppiKunta
4/18/2011, 04:26 PM
Point of information: Page has a year of eligibility left.

Point of information: Page will NOT have an NBA career.

C&CDean
4/18/2011, 04:35 PM

Isn't he the one on the porch in Dueling Banjos?

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 04:41 PM
Isn't he the one on the porch in Dueling Banjos?

Yes, in Deliverance.

C&CDean
4/18/2011, 07:12 PM
Holy ****. I couldn't see the pics at work, but I called it dammit, I called it.

I guess it wasn't that hard, all things considered.

soonercruiser
4/18/2011, 09:48 PM
Mama!
I was raised in WV. They aren't "certified" hilbillies unless they have a car in the yard on blocks (no wheels); and have stones all along the driveway and property front, painted in reflective white!
:rolleyes:

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 10:20 PM
Mama!
I was raised in WV. They aren't "certified" hilbillies unless they have a car in the yard on blocks (no wheels); and have stones all along the driveway and property front, painted in reflective white!
:rolleyes::D

texaspokieokie
4/19/2011, 08:54 AM
Mama;
glad i don't live where you can "nit pick" my lawn & house.

HOAs aren't all bad.

saucysoonergal
4/19/2011, 08:57 AM
Holy ****. I couldn't see the pics at work, but I called it dammit, I called it.

I guess it wasn't that hard, all things considered.

Is this some kind of insult? ;)

3rdgensooner
4/19/2011, 09:10 AM
Mama!
When I think hillbilly, I think of something more like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/gen3sooner/Sooners/dsc06855go1.jpg

saucysoonergal
4/19/2011, 09:36 AM

That screams class!!!

;)

C&CDean
4/19/2011, 09:45 AM

Is that those tools on I-35 between Dallas and OK?

thecynic
4/19/2011, 10:05 AM
so a person walks into another person's yard, takes pictures of their stuff and posts it on the internet and calls them tacky?

soonerchk
4/19/2011, 10:08 AM
Is that those tools on I-35 between Dallas and OK?

Indeed it is. The sights on 75 between Tulsa and Dallas are way classier.