PDA

View Full Version : Schedule posters...

jumperstop
4/18/2011, 12:12 PM
Was at the scrimmage Saturday but didn't see any being handed out...of course didn't look to hard either. They were handing out 2010 Big 12 Champion posters and got one of those though. Will they have schedule posters eventually or are the other ones they were handing out it for the year?

JLEW1818
4/18/2011, 12:14 PM
it's still not "official"

SoonerPr8r
4/18/2011, 12:15 PM
They still don't have the schedule finished. A few dates are still up in the air.

jumperstop
4/18/2011, 12:15 PM
So they're coming then?

jumperstop
4/18/2011, 12:16 PM
Oh duh, didn't even think about that. They don't have the dates yet...

Hot Rod
4/18/2011, 12:32 PM
They're usually available during the Meet The Sooners day.

jumperstop
4/18/2011, 12:39 PM
They're usually available during the Meet The Sooners day.

Well they're usually available during the spring game, didn't even think about the schedule not being set. It's not like they didn't know this was coming. How hard can it be to figure out a round robin ten team schedule? Does it really need months of planning?

badger
4/18/2011, 01:42 PM
I wonder what the long line will be this year for "Meet the Sooners?"

2010: DeMarco
2009: Sam
2008: Sam
2007: Sam
2006: Adrian

JLEW1818
4/18/2011, 01:52 PM
I think Broyles and Jones will take away from each other... as well as Travis Lewis.

I bet Sam in 2009 was the longest line ever.

nativesooner
4/18/2011, 01:55 PM
Broyles.... There are still fans out there that are saying "Well Landry aint no Sam and he's just too inconsistent!" :D

badger
4/18/2011, 02:35 PM
I think Broyles and Jones will take away from each other... as well as Travis Lewis.

I bet Sam in 2009 was the longest line ever.

Of course - daddy wants little johnny in the sooner kids club line so that he can make several hundred on eBay! :rolleyes:

I remember them capping the AD line in '06. I bet they capped the Sammie line extra early also. I know that none of the general public was even allowed in the lines. all kids club members... and of course, the parents that will sell the football on eBay afterward :P

StoopTroup
4/18/2011, 02:52 PM
Mangino's line will be the longest

AlbqSooner
4/18/2011, 07:40 PM
There are still fans out there that are saying "Well Landry aint no Sam and he's just too inconsistent!" :D

There are still fans on HERE saying that carp.:mad:

bri
4/19/2011, 02:59 AM
Well they're usually available during the spring game, didn't even think about the schedule not being set. It's not like they didn't know this was coming. How hard can it be to figure out a round robin ten team schedule? Does it really need months of planning?

Remember, the drop to 10 teams wasn't supposed to happen until 2012. Schedules are set a couple of years in advance, so when Nebraska and Colorado decided to bolt a year early the Big 12 office had to scramble. OU/Mizzou is the final sticking point; once that's worked out the schedule is set.

BoomerJack
4/19/2011, 09:38 AM
Conference website, Big12sports.com shows O.U. playing Mizzou on Sept. 24. Here's a link.

http://www.big12sports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=106580&SPID=13139&Q_SEASON=2011&SCHEDULE_MONTH=

jumperstop
4/19/2011, 09:45 AM
Remember, the drop to 10 teams wasn't supposed to happen until 2012. Schedules are set a couple of years in advance, so when Nebraska and Colorado decided to bolt a year early the Big 12 office had to scramble. OU/Mizzou is the final sticking point; once that's worked out the schedule is set.

So it's taking months because Mizzou is a little bitch? :P

badger
4/19/2011, 10:33 AM
So it's taking months because Mizzou is a little bitch? :P

They really are. It can't be said enough - Mizzou has two major TV markets in their state and like the Big Ten's perennial underachiever, Illinoizz, Mizz just can't win very well. :)

Big 12 championships: 2009 men's basketball... tournament. 2008 soccer (again tourney and 2009 soccer, 1997 softball (regular season and tournament) and 2009 softball (tournament).

They sure talk big for a school with sooooo very little to show for it. Big Ten membership? What was it that Missouri Gov. Dixon said, again?

“I’m not going to say anything bad about the Big 12, but when you compare Oklahoma State to Northwestern, when you compare Texas Tech to Wisconsin, I mean, you begin looking at educational possibilities that are worth looking at.

“If a significant conference with a long history of academic and athletic excellent talks about you joining them, you shouldn’t just say, `We’re from the old Big Eight and I remember when. . .

“If they want to talk, we should talk, and we should listen.”

They didn't want to talk, ever. You suck too much :P

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WdDKB4ujnUI/R1I-u29nFqI/AAAAAAAAAEI/CZAvVcKlBbA/s320/chase.jpg
Chase 'im, Chase! :rolleyes:

Boomer.....
4/19/2011, 11:11 AM
Of course - daddy wants little johnny in the sooner kids club line so that he can make several hundred on eBay! :rolleyes:

I remember them capping the AD line in '06. I bet they capped the Sammie line extra early also. I know that none of the general public was even allowed in the lines. all kids club members... and of course, the parents that will sell the football on eBay afterward :P

It was definitely AD in 06. We were there around 3 hours before the gates opened and were way back in line. Once the gates opened, his line wrapped around the edge of the practice field. Staff went to about the halfway point of the line and started telling everyone behind it that they would not get an autograph because of time. We were about 3/4 way back and still stayed in line and didn't even get close to the front.

nativesooner
4/19/2011, 11:14 AM
There are still fans on HERE saying that carp.:mad:

Ugh.... yeah, heard a guy at the Red and White say "shewt, looks like we otta be startin ol' Baile over Landry, he's struggled!" I was like WTF!?

:mad:

I bet they capped the Sammie line extra early also. I know that none of the general public was even allowed in the lines. all kids club members... and of course, the parents that will sell the football on eBay afterward :P

One of my friends signed his two kids up for the Sooner Kids club, got in line early, and STILL didn't get Sam... He even asked the yellow shirts if just kids could go first but they said no. There are a few parents like him that wouldn't have sold his auto on ebay though

badger
4/19/2011, 11:21 AM
One of my friends signed his two kids up for the Sooner Kids club, got in line early, and STILL didn't get Sam... He even asked the yellow shirts if just kids could go first but they said no. There are a few parents like him that wouldn't have sold his auto on ebay though

I hear ya man. I think it is for this reason that some of our players hesitate to give out autographs to just about everyone that asks, because so many autographs end up on eBay afterward and not for the little fan who ask for it's bedroom shelf like expected.

I would gladly buy Sam's though if he would just schedule some sessions close by. I give him a living-Sooner Heismans ball a few years ago, which I was able to put together before one of those Heisman Park ceremonies. Steve, Billy and Jason are all awesome about autographs for fans. I know Sammie's busy... but please Sam, let me pay you a hundred bucks to sign your name on my dad's football! :D

jumperstop
9/26/2011, 09:57 AM
Just wanted an update. Got moved and was hanging up my posters, anyone know if they still have any down at the ticket office? Never got a schedule one, just the 2010 Big 12 champs one from the Red/White game.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/26/2011, 10:04 AM
Go to the Switzer Center when it is open. They are handing the schedule posters out there, along with folding wallet-size schedule cards.

jumperstop
9/26/2011, 10:16 AM
Go to the Switzer Center when it is open. They are handing the schedule posters out there, along with folding wallet-size schedule cards.

Sweet, I normally go by the ticket office if I missed getting it at the Red/white game, just glad they still have some. I have em all since 05 I think.