PDA

View Full Version : Monday poll: Best part of 2010-11 season

badger
4/18/2011, 10:30 AM
You can view last week's poll here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153160). Give ideas for future polls here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153028).

I will start doing mid-week polls to liven up the board.

You can vote for ONE and cannot change your vote. Votes are anonymous and will last till Thursday, at which time a new poll will magically appear :)

Write-in explanations or vote explanations below!

NormanPride
4/18/2011, 10:40 AM
That Nebraska game was epic, and ultimately vindicating. Down 17-0 against a top team? No problemo.

SoonerPr8r
4/18/2011, 10:59 AM
Gotta be OU Neb. The others seem aggyish basing your season off of others failures rather than OUr own teams merit. Our rivals taking a nose dive was fun to watch but the best parts were when the Sooners won.

JLEW1818
4/18/2011, 11:12 AM
we win big12 title games all the time :D

how often does texas go 5-7?

ENJOY BOTH!!!! :D

deweydw
4/18/2011, 11:17 AM
Texas going 5-7 was gratifying and funny. Beating Nebbish was awesome. But I had to go with the demoralization of the pokes. And their consolation prize of co-champion rings. Just watching the faces in the stands going from unbriddle excitement to stunned looked after hearing the toilet flush on their "dream season".

badger
4/18/2011, 11:30 AM
I chose these nominees just because they seemed to stand out the most on threads here and in the media.

Tebow went from being talked about daily to just being talked about in comparison or LOL you suck in the NFL another underwear commercial LOL. It got so bad when he was still in college that when you typed his name in here, it changed to "The Rev. Timmy T. Messiah" or something close to that.

When USC got their NCAA sanctions handed down, I think everyone here died laughing... and then came back to life to laugh again. They let their Heisman winning AD go to try to lessen the blow after his initial response was "durr, jealousy, durr everyone wants to be trojans durr" and then pretty much excommunicated Reggie Bush, who returned his Heisman... and Pete Carroll just released his book "win forever!" It was all too perfect.

The conference reallignment talk dominated the offseason but also was talked about a lot during the season, especially leading up to the OU-Nebbish showdown and any mentions of Utah, Boise, TCU, Colorado or Nebrasky.

The NCAA crackdown was almost an off-season thing, but there was definitely talk of it throughout the season regarding Cam's daddy's church and tOSU selling their "gold pants," hehe.

I included Texas because 5-7 is going to be a running joke through October (and after should we win again) and included OSU because rarely do you see an 11-win season result in so much nothingness. Ususally, it at least gets you consideration for a BCS bowl or in contention for a conference title, but in this case, it got them co-divisional rings and an Alamo Bowl berth to meet Stoops' younger brother's team. Yay??????

deweydw
4/18/2011, 01:41 PM
http://99problems.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/vote1.jpg

Boomer.....
4/18/2011, 01:45 PM
How about finally winning another BCS game?

Quik Sand
4/18/2011, 02:07 PM
My vote is the comeback in the Big 12 title game and winning a BCS game finally. I prefer to put more into what we actually did....not others misery. Having said that....I had an itchy trigger to vote Texas 5-7 LOL

SoonerMom2
4/18/2011, 02:24 PM
Suggestion for next poll -- don't put OSU, TX, and NE all in the same poll as it is hard to pick one -- TX losing season, us beating Okie State and then winning the last Big 12 over Nebraska all rank #1 in my book. The whine that accompanied all of these were legendary!

badger
4/18/2011, 04:06 PM
Suggestion for next poll -- don't put OSU, TX, and NE all in the same poll as it is hard to pick one -- TX losing season, us beating Okie State and then winning the last Big 12 over Nebraska all rank #1 in my book. The whine that accompanied all of these were legendary!

I am thinking one that doesn't mention any of the above for Thursday. Still thinkin' though. :)

MamaMia
4/18/2011, 05:14 PM
Let me guess...Some of you people who voted for #1 didn't even bother to read the others? :pop:

A Sooner in Texas
4/18/2011, 07:29 PM
OU over Nebraska: so sweet and sad at the same time, so it got my vote. But I'll never tire of
5-7
:texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan:

SoonerGibb7
4/18/2011, 07:39 PM
OU BABy

finster
4/18/2011, 08:29 PM

I agree,but I have to go with beating Nebraska. That was not just whining coming from the corn last season. That was flat out embarrassing.

cccasooner2
4/18/2011, 08:39 PM
Care about OU only. Have zero interest in *, Auburn, OSU, USC, etc. except in competition and then it's just OU all the way.

OK2U
4/18/2011, 09:24 PM
:stunned: A lot of these poll topics are very AGGY

Boomer Mooner
4/18/2011, 09:41 PM
C'mon. Kicking Nebraska's *** on the way out the door and bagging the last Big Twelve Championship forever? How does anything else compare? The rest is just gravy.

yermom
4/18/2011, 09:47 PM
C'mon. Kicking Nebraska's *** on the way out the door and bagging the last Big Twelve Championship forever? How does anything else compare? The rest is just gravy.

yep.

winning the Fiesta was nice and all, but it was kind of a token win.

basically a lose-lose kinda deal

sending Nebraska to the Big 10/11/12 with their tail between their legs, now that was nice. the comeback nature of it just showed the fight that team had, and hopefully the maturity we'll get to see this year

Octavian
4/18/2011, 09:47 PM

well said

yermom
4/18/2011, 09:48 PM
of course, getting to watch loss #7 for Texas against the Aggies at home on Senior Night wasn't so bad either

finster
4/18/2011, 09:49 PM
:stunned: A lot of these poll topics are very AGGY

Not if you win

WA. Sooner
4/19/2011, 01:11 AM
It was nice that it was OU NEb in the last BIG XII game, sad that it was the last BIG XII game