PDA

View Full Version : Official Playof Thread: OKC vs. Denver...

OU_Sooners75
4/17/2011, 11:29 PM
Can't believe this thread hasn't started yet.

OKC musters out a hard fought win, looked as if OKC was trying to give the game away with about 2 minutes left.

Harden needs to make his shots. Missed a few wide open key shots that seemed to keep Denver in game 1.

OKC wins game 1: 107-103

On to game 2 Wednesday Night

sooner59
4/17/2011, 11:40 PM
Great game. Couldn't believe we fell behind like that early. But they got it in hand and pulled it out.

OU_Sooners75
4/18/2011, 12:20 AM
Great game. Couldn't believe we fell behind like that early. But they got it in hand and pulled it out.

Kind of hard to stay caught up when you start the game 7-7 shooting. :eek:

Soonerus
4/18/2011, 12:24 AM
Good to win when we did not play our "A" game...

sooner59
4/18/2011, 12:33 AM
True, Denver began hitting every shot. But watching the entire game, it just didn't look like their A game. Chalk it up to playoff jitters. Got it out of their system. Now its time to dispense of them and move on to....possibly the Hornets....but I kinda want the Lakers.....just to stick it to them.

OU_Sooners75
4/18/2011, 12:52 AM
True, Denver began hitting every shot. But watching the entire game, it just didn't look like their A game. Chalk it up to playoff jitters. Got it out of their system. Now its time to dispense of them and move on to....possibly the Hornets....but I kinda want the Lakers.....just to stick it to them.

We won't get LA unless we both make it to the WC Semis.
We got the 4 Seed, LA got the 2 seed. So we will have the winner of the Spurs and Grizzlies, if we win the first round.

And yes, the Thunder definitely did not play their A game.

yankee
4/18/2011, 01:05 AM
What an awesome experience being able to go to a Thunder playoff game, even if the seats were in the nosebleeds. The blue out looked awesome in person, and probably looked even cooler on TV. I remember thinking that last year vs. LA. Westbrook and Durant played awesome, awesome games. Especially Rus in the first half. He just took over while the rest of the team looked pretty flat. Thunder UP!

SoonerNate
4/18/2011, 02:03 AM
Offensive interference.

Quik Sand
4/18/2011, 02:16 AM
The two best things to take from this game were: we got the win and we got it despite getting no shows from key figures that produced all year.

Denver is really good. They have tremendous teamwork on offense. They made shots that I would not count on them continuing to make. Anderson...Martin...both made some jumpers. Chandler made some ridiculous shots. I believe Nene had 5 dunks tonight, possibly 6. He owned Perk tonight and for us to advance there has to be a "no dunk" policy. I realize that builds up the foul total but Denver is not a great FT shooting team.

Tonight I saw similar defensive mistakes that we did before the trades. Serge had several jumpers he normally makes and I expect him to begin to hit them. Harden missed a few threes that he normally hits. Maynor stepped up his offense in their absence. Durant and Westbrook will not continue to shoot at that clip (over 70 pts combined). We will need Harden and Ibaka to do what they normally do.

Every championship team has games through the playoffs where guys step up that normally were not big contributors. We got that from Maynor tonight. Ill take the win any way it comes, but we did not play up to what we have been since the trades.

Edit: We have the best homecourt atmosphere in the NBA. Our crowd is simply badass.

soonerbrat
4/18/2011, 12:08 PM
What an awesome experience being able to go to a Thunder playoff game, even if the seats were in the nosebleeds. The blue out looked awesome in person, and probably looked even cooler on TV. I remember thinking that last year vs. LA. Westbrook and Durant played awesome, awesome games. Especially Rus in the first half. He just took over while the rest of the team looked pretty flat. Thunder UP!

yes! the blue out looked fantastic and I was so proud of the crowd for being so loud!

(i'm a poet)

jumperstop
4/18/2011, 12:27 PM
I could tell in warmup that Denver was going to be shooting hot. I didn't expect us to be shooting that poorly though. I hope Harden and Serge have a better game on Wednesday.

Sooner98
4/18/2011, 04:32 PM
Offensive interference.

Yeah, that was a bad call, but there's no way to know if that would have cost Denver the game. Denver didn't even score a single point the rest of the way, so I'd be willing to bet the Thunder still win, if the call goes the other way.

yankee
4/19/2011, 07:31 PM
Bump. Just because it should be on top.

jumperstop
4/19/2011, 07:36 PM
Denver are such cry babies. Bad calls happen, gtfoy. That basket interference no-call is not the reason they lost the game.

Soonerus
4/19/2011, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=OU_Sooners75;3201122]We won't get LA unless we both make it to the WC Semis.
We got the 4 Seed, LA got the 2 seed. So we will have the winner of the Spurs and Grizzlies, if we win the first round.

And yes, the Thunder definitely did not play their A game.[/QUOTE

Not true, they re-seed each round in the NBA...

Partial Qualifier
4/23/2011, 12:45 PM
Really really curious to see how we play tonight. I want to sweep these McNugget bastardos.

Peach Fuzz
4/23/2011, 01:40 PM
Only thing I'll complain about is the halftime show. We need something besides bucket beating cadences. JMO

soonerbub
4/23/2011, 07:33 PM
^^^^^
Huh. I thought the guy was Awesome with a capital A

http://www.multiplaying.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Implied-Facepalm.jpg

whaaaa? Sorry man I couldn't let that one slide.

THUNDER (a mile) UP

OU_Sooners75
4/23/2011, 11:16 PM
17 FTs in one quarter? Are you kidding me?

These refs are pathetic in game 3!

OU_Sooners75
4/23/2011, 11:18 PM

Huh...no they dont.

Blue
4/23/2011, 11:54 PM
This female announcer sucks. But what female announcer doesn't?

Partial Qualifier
4/24/2011, 12:16 AM
she really did suck but geeze, did you hear the spurs/grizzlies crew? omg they were so horrible. I like having the homer crew Brian Davis/Grant Long, theyre awesome

Denver's crowd sucks. Did you see the "bring back the sonics" a-holes? Wtf?? Try bringing those gay-*** signs into the OKC arena, fools

Serge went beast-mode tonight! Durant was ice cold, Westbrook fell apart in the 4th.. and we still won! BOOM

Soonerus
4/24/2011, 12:22 AM
Big win !!!

silverwheels
4/24/2011, 12:22 AM
I hate the Nuggets and their fans. Eat several bags of dicks in succession, *******s!

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 12:24 AM
Huge statement win there for the Thunder. Congrats OKC fans.

Partial Qualifier
4/24/2011, 12:24 AM
17 FTs in one quarter? Are you kidding me?

These refs are pathetic in game 3!

The mcNuggets tried to roll over tonight but those refs made sure they stayed in the game. And the T's were icing on the cake. Soooo many wtf calls tonight

Sooner98
4/24/2011, 12:26 AM
Lest anyone think Smith got fouled on that last play, the replay clearly showed that he travelled before he shot it, so it all worked out the way it should have.

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 12:27 AM
Lest anyone think Smith got fouled on that last play, the replay clearly showed that he travelled before he shot it, so it all worked out the way it should have.

NO chance he was fouled there. That was perfect defense.

CatfishSooner
4/24/2011, 12:27 AM
2010-2011 NBA Champs!

Quik Sand
4/24/2011, 12:28 AM
Sonicsgate losers...give me a break. Your little videos and occasional small demonstrations are pathetic. Get over it....move on.

I'd love Stern to either move someone else there or create a new franchise so we can pound their asses.

Partial Qualifier
4/24/2011, 12:30 AM
espn.com down for anyone else?

SoonerNate
4/24/2011, 12:30 AM
Sonicsgate losers...give me a break. Your little videos and occasional small demonstrations are pathetic. Get over it....move on.

I'd love Stern to either move someone else there or create a new franchise so we can pound their asses.

I just do it occasionally to get a rise out of people mostly my brother up there. The fool wearing the Sonics shirt in Denver came across like a sore loser.

OU_Sooners75
4/24/2011, 02:53 AM

If Seattle built a new arena, then the Kings will probably move there.

Quik Sand
4/24/2011, 03:35 AM
If Seattle built a new arena, then the Kings will probably move there.That would be awesome. Hell....go further and figure out a way to get them in our division LOL.

silverwheels
4/24/2011, 07:54 AM
If Seattle built a new arena, then the Kings will probably move there.

I would love to see that, but the Maloofs seem intent on putting a third team in the Los Angeles area.

starclassic tama
4/25/2011, 11:55 PM
bump, close out the series!

OU_Sooners75
4/26/2011, 12:13 AM
Well, I guess, Jenni Carlson was completely wrong.

There will be a game 5.

OKC has played like total ****.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 12:33 AM
WTF??? WESTBROOK WAS FOULED

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 12:35 AM
LOL, TNT (Webber is now taking shots at you guys) What a joke. How about that no called takedown by Nene? If you ask me that was entirely an attempt to provoke a fight and get your boy to fight and get suspended. FAIL

This game goes back to the Ford and OKC wins by 9.

Quik Sand
4/26/2011, 12:44 AM
Played terrible...Westbrook went Kobe mode without the results. This team is still learning as this is their first series where they are the favorite and have a realistic chance to win. Tonight was their first closeout game...and on the road against a good team. I would have liked for them to have done some things differently, but its all apart of a learning process. Felton had this **** eating grin on his face mocking Westbrook right after he missed the final shot. That guy is awfully smug for him and his team down 3-1 coming back to OKC. OKC will come out strong on Weds and hit them in the mouth.

Curly Bill
4/26/2011, 12:45 AM
Shoulda been a foul on Nene, it would have been a foul earlier in the game, it should have been there too.

That being said: the Thunder didn't deserve to win, played like crap, bad decisions, and Westbrook shot em out of it.

bri
4/26/2011, 01:01 AM
That would be awesome. Hell....go further and figure out a way to get them in our division LOL.

Since we're in the Northwest Division, any team they put in Seattle would be in our division. No figuring out needed.

silverwheels
4/26/2011, 09:09 AM
Since we're in the Northwest Division, any team they put in Seattle would be in our division. No figuring out needed.

They'd have to trade someone currently in the Northwest for someone in the Pacific Division, which is where the Kings are located.

And I'm kinda pissed that we lost, but now the Thunder get to close out the series in front of the home fans tomorrow night, which will be cool. **** Denver.

jumperstop
4/26/2011, 09:42 AM
I wasn't pissed with Westbrook's last 3 attempt cause it had to be taken, but the series before where we only needed a two, and he took that three or long two don't remember, that was a bad shot...That's the possession that lost us a chance at the game. Should have win, even with our ****ty play. I guess they wanted to finish in front of the home crowd.

soonerbrat
4/26/2011, 12:31 PM
They'd have to trade someone currently in the Northwest for someone in the Pacific Division, which is where the Kings are located.

And I'm kinda pissed that we lost, but now the Thunder get to close out the series in front of the home fans tomorrow night, which will be cool. **** Denver.

tomorrow is "Thunder Day" at my office..we get to wear our favorite Thunder shirt & jeans :D

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 01:26 PM
I wasn't pissed with Westbrook's last 3 attempt cause it had to be taken, but the series before where we only needed a two, and he took that three or long two don't remember, that was a bad shot...That's the possession that lost us a chance at the game. Should have win, even with our ****ty play. I guess they wanted to finish in front of the home crowd.

You should be pissed because he was fouled!

Sooner Tri
4/26/2011, 03:06 PM
Anyone else notice the goaltend on Birdman in the first half that wasn't called? Wonder if the NBA will come out and say it should've been called, so we can use that as the excuse we lost too?

jumperstop
4/26/2011, 03:09 PM
You should be pissed because he was fouled!

Refs don't like to call those at the end of the game..it happens. I didn't get a chance to see the slow mo though. We didn't lose because of the foul, we lost because we played like ****.

SoonerNate
4/26/2011, 03:15 PM
Refs don't like to call those at the end of the game..it happens. I didn't get a chance to see the slow mo though. We didn't lose because of the foul, we lost because we played like ****.

It reminded me of our game against Philly. Up 3-0 and playing against a team of desperation on the road. Those games are tough to close out.

starclassic tama
4/26/2011, 10:53 PM
bump. close out tomorrow night, get ready for.. memphis?!

silverwheels
4/26/2011, 10:56 PM
Memphis makes me nervous.

starclassic tama
4/26/2011, 11:02 PM
i think our interior defense post trade is going to do memphis in. they don't have anybody that can guard westbrook or durant, while we now have guys that can guard zach randolph and marc gasol

Quik Sand
4/27/2011, 01:44 PM
IT ENDS TONIGHT. Crowd will be absolutely electric. "Can't wait!!" - Bart Scott

silverwheels
4/27/2011, 08:58 PM
Refs are already being worthless pieces of ****. Nene is a cockbag.

silverwheels
4/27/2011, 09:18 PM
Gotta stop turning the ball over. Maynor is the better option at PG right now until Westbrook gets his act together. He just needs to play like he did all season. Don't know why he's trying to force it so much now.

AlboSooner
4/27/2011, 09:31 PM
The crowd is pretty tame.

silverwheels
4/27/2011, 09:33 PM
Nene is a cockbag.

I would like to reiterate this.

ocsooner
4/27/2011, 09:54 PM
I would like to reiterate this.

Ditto

silverwheels
4/27/2011, 10:42 PM
Looks like this series is going to go to game 7. ****.

Lott's Bandana
4/27/2011, 11:00 PM
Nuggets never seem to miss.

So, will the Thunder step it up like Sooners or lose the first 3-0 lead ever, like aggy?

silverwheels
4/27/2011, 11:10 PM
Hopefully they step it up. KD is going to have to win it.

silverwheels
4/27/2011, 11:19 PM
I love Kevin Durant.

no homo

sooner59
4/27/2011, 11:22 PM
THUNDER WINS!

silverwheels
4/27/2011, 11:23 PM
What a 4th quarter. I was concerned that the Thunder had lost their mojo, but thanks to a huge effort from KD, they pulled it out.

**** your mothers, Denver. We're going to the second round.

oumartin
4/27/2011, 11:26 PM
while I am sitting at home my wife was enjoying the win live! :(

Quik Sand
4/27/2011, 11:28 PM
Say goodnight Denver.

Denver, "Night."

We are so lucky to have this team and this great player who is so humble!

Shakadoodoo
4/27/2011, 11:36 PM
KD is the only thing I'll give texas credit for. He balled tonight. Ibaka is hard! They should nick name him Spondoo for the way he slaps balls out of peoples hands!

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/27/2011, 11:38 PM
Ibaka is like a young Dikembe Mutombo. If it is around the rim, it's going away from the rim. Great player. He kind of reminds of Detroit Piston's Dennis Rodman, it's like he has non stop springs in his legs.

starrca23
4/28/2011, 08:35 AM
while I am sitting at home my wife was enjoying the win live! :(

Ouch! Was glad I got to go. You could see KD get that look in his eyes with about 4 min to go and then he exploded. Best non-Jordan performance i have seen live.

Some idiot rushed the floor like he was at a college game. A sheriff snatched his butt up quick...funny as hell.

OUMallen
4/28/2011, 12:14 PM
Serge = amazing. KD = amazinger.

starclassic tama
4/30/2011, 09:00 PM
go thunder

soonerbrat
4/30/2011, 11:47 PM

no they don't.

they do in the NHL though

sooner59
5/1/2011, 12:52 PM
Getting murdered by Memphis...

silverwheels
5/1/2011, 12:53 PM
Not surprised. It seems like Memphis has owned us the past couple of seasons.

boomersooner28
5/1/2011, 01:11 PM
I turned it off. :mad:

oumartin
5/1/2011, 01:21 PM
Zach Randolph owns OKC

sooner59
5/1/2011, 02:32 PM
I think Memphis has about 400 offensive rebounds and second chance opportunities.