PDA

View Full Version : Which Freshmen?

Rocko
4/17/2011, 05:14 PM
Which incoming freshmen player are you excited to see?

Metoyer if he makes it is an easy candidate, but Danzel Williams is certainly an exciting player. Don't think he makes it in either the RB or CB rotation just yet, but he would seem to be a threat on punt/kick return. Very shifty.

jersey sooner
4/17/2011, 05:28 PM
Jordan Phillips

OK2U
4/17/2011, 05:46 PM
Well obviously I'm excited to see Brandon Williams after the praise he's gotten from his teammates. Once he gets the playbook down I think he'll get some decent playing time, but who knows how long that will take.
Same for Jordan Phillips. Hopefully we'll have enough tackle depth to get a solid rotation in. We need to be better at that position to win #8, IMO. Too many runs up the gut last year, and not enough pressure from the D-tackles in the backfield.
If we run more of that 50-front I guess we might see more d-tackles on the field at once? Or do we insert another d-end or two? I can't remember.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/17/2011, 06:41 PM
Well obviously I'm excited to see Brandon Williams after the praise he's gotten from his teammates. Once he gets the playbook down I think he'll get some decent playing time, but who knows how long that will take.
Same for Jordan Phillips. Hopefully we'll have enough tackle depth to get a solid rotation in. We need to be better at that position to win #8, IMO. Too many runs up the gut last year, and not enough pressure from the D-tackles in the backfield.
If we run more of that 50-front I guess we might see more d-tackles on the field at once? Or do we insert another d-end or two? I can't remember.

I think the 50 is more about "undersized" DTs and using bigger D ends to outspeed a team

That's my understanding of it. I could be completely wrong

gaylordfan1
4/17/2011, 08:50 PM
Well, last year the 50 took out a DT and inserted a DE.

oudavid1
4/17/2011, 08:56 PM
Which incoming freshmen player are you excited to see?

Metoyer if he makes it is an easy candidate, but Danzel Williams is certainly an exciting player. Don't think he makes it in either the RB or CB rotation just yet, but he would seem to be a threat on punt/kick return. Very shifty.

Do cheerleaders im trying to pull count?

gaylordfan1
4/17/2011, 09:05 PM
Do cheerleaders im trying to pull count?

:confused: Thats in poor taste lil dav

:D

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 09:54 PM

No ****....those guys are really more Gymnasts than cheerleaders.

Jason Alexander
4/17/2011, 10:36 PM
Well, last year the 50 took out a DT and inserted a DE.

FIFY

oudavid1
4/17/2011, 11:30 PM

No ****....those guys are really more Gymnasts than cheerleaders.

i see what you did there.

gaylordfan1
4/17/2011, 11:33 PM
FIFY

:confused: Did I miss something?

OU_Sooners75
4/17/2011, 11:40 PM
I think the 50 is more about "undersized" DTs and using bigger D ends to outspeed a team

That's my understanding of it. I could be completely wrong
You're not wrong:

DE
DT
NG (usually a smaller, but quicker DT)
DT
DE

That is the traditional 50 D.

However, we used it more like a 3-4 front with exception to the DT spots, where we had 2 DTs, 2 DEs, and 1 hybrid LB (Hammer) as the front 5.

OU_Sooners75
4/17/2011, 11:42 PM
:confused: Did I miss something?

My thoughts exactly. What did he fix? :confused:

OU_Sooners75
4/17/2011, 11:45 PM
As far as Freshmen:

I am excited to see what Brandon Williams and Justin McKay (if he is healthy) can do. Along with Trey Meytor if he gets to see the field.

usaosooner
4/18/2011, 10:32 AM
Jordan Phillips if he comes in in shape he should play

pappy
4/18/2011, 06:30 PM
Brandon Williams, Trey Metoyer, Jordan Phillips, Dylan Dismuke (supposed to be a very athletic OL) and Max Stevenson (another big athletic TE)