PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Planet of the Apes

MR2-Sooner86
4/17/2011, 09:51 AM
28Z_D9Grh18

So going from the trailer it looks like some drug company is testing a cure for alzheimer's disease on apes, the apes get super smart from the drug, escape, and start killing people.

The first problem I have is they're going all CG with this. Yes, some of the scenes look good but others remind me of King Kong.

The second problem is there's, at most, a couple hundred apes in this lab. Unless they're bulletproof I don't see a big threat.

The third problem is that they're making this. Like the original Planet of the Apes they need to learn when to stop after Escape.

I have a feeling this could be great or a big flop.

1890MilesToNorman
4/17/2011, 10:36 AM
and become pre... No, I ain't gonna say it, nope, I ain't gonna do it.

1890MilesToNorman
4/17/2011, 10:53 AM
Link don't work but I get yer meaning!

olevetonahill
4/17/2011, 10:55 AM
Link don't work but I get yer meaning!

:D

hawaii 5-0
4/17/2011, 11:08 AM
Could one of them be ready in time to run with Trump for Prez?

Of course, it would have to show a birth certificate.

5-0

Trump/ SuperChimp 2012

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 12:59 PM
I believe this happened already but like Mr. 2 said....it was controlled. However...I will get this DVD once Redbox has it available. :D

Jacie
4/17/2011, 03:29 PM
I don't care how smart they are, they still don't have opposable thumbs . . .

Romulus
4/17/2011, 09:25 PM
Will Marky Mark be in this one also?

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 09:34 PM
I don't care how smart they are, they still don't have opposable thumbs . . .

You might need to re-check your research....LOL

http://static1.cartoonsy.com/preview/78/bc2b59b5c60fe60

MR2-Sooner86
8/7/2011, 04:50 PM
Well, I went and saw it and was actually very surprised. I think the CG was believable at times and fake look at others. The action scenes you see in the trailer is pretty much allot of the action you see in the movie. What you don't see is character development (which I think they did a good job with Caesar). There are also allot of little things they throw out here and there to help you with the sequel.

Also, in case you're wonder, yes, they left it wide open for another one. The thing is it's so open they can go 50 different directions with it.

Personally I think they'll treat it like the original. They showed in the movie the "first manned space flight to Mars" right as all of this goes down. The guys get back, allot of humans are killed off by the virus, apes take over, and you have a movie.

Also, for those who read the original 1960's book, the apes are smart enough to use human technology but they can't add to it. They can drive cars but they can't rebuild an engine. In the book apes live in human cities and it has "always been this way since the dawn of time" to them. Their society is at the peak of where ours was and they very, very, very, very slowly add to that. There were bits of that in the movie and I think they might try to go down that road but I'm just guessing.

Wishboned
8/7/2011, 07:22 PM
I really enjoyed the movie. The nods to the original Planet of the Apes. The set up was great. And the open ended ending.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/7/2011, 09:56 PM
frieda pinto was wasted with a throw away character.

overall, a pretty good movie.

btw, the original Planet of the Apes novel is an excellent read.