PDA

View Full Version : Game Attendance?

FirstAndGoalOU
4/16/2011, 06:20 PM
Did anyone get the total? I was there and it looked like a larger crowd than past.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/16/2011, 06:27 PM

olevetonahill
4/16/2011, 06:29 PM
According to Sooner Sports 25,598

SoonerKnight
4/16/2011, 06:30 PM
Any body gonna give a GD review?

usaosooner
4/16/2011, 07:41 PM
There was every bit of 25k there today.. I was shocked

olevetonahill
4/16/2011, 07:53 PM
Any body gonna give a GD review?

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041611aaa.html

tkolax
4/16/2011, 08:12 PM
25k plus the students. we didn't have to buy tickets or scan our id's so there's no way they could have counted us into the attendance.

Whet
4/16/2011, 08:16 PM
Here is part of the west side crowd
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/awanderlust/2011-04-16_15-39-21_847.jpg

And the east side
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/awanderlust/2011-04-16_14-01-54_787.jpg

AZSOONER
4/16/2011, 08:27 PM
I thought there was more than that. My NU buddy text me, they had 66,784.

OU Engineer
4/16/2011, 09:21 PM
meh.

bragging about spring game attendance is like seeing who can **** the farthest.

Sure its cool, but whats the usefulness?

edit: thats P I $ $

badger
4/16/2011, 10:17 PM
Concession lines were teh succ. They also sold out of programs at some entrances and you couldn't find a schedule poster as easily as last year... had to take one left behind by someone else. Sorry to the person who left it behind, but the staffer said that it had been sitting there for two hours. :)

AZSOONER
4/16/2011, 11:14 PM
meh.

bragging about spring game attendance is like seeing who can **** the farthest.

Sure its cool, but whats the usefulness?

edit: thats P I $ $

u thinking he was bragging makes it seem important to you. We all take pride in the support of our teams, for 30 years I've been hearing about it, and there is even a post on this board titled "game attendance"

wahoosooner
4/17/2011, 11:43 AM
Alabama had 92,310

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 12:12 PM
Yea....

It was a really nice Day. If 92,310 had shown up it would have been a disaster as they didn't have concessions for 25,000.

As far as the R&W....

The Sound System was weak and IMO Castiglione did an awful job organizing it. I've been to better Red and Whites and this one was mediocre at best.

What you saw was what you get.

Dallas morning news hit it right on the money IMO....

NORMAN, Okla. — Oklahoma doesn't appear to have one standout running back like last season, but coach Bob Stoops says the Sooners have a stable of solid ballcarriers.

Five running backs saw significant action Saturday afternoon during Oklahoma's annual Red-White game, which is the traditional end to the Sooners' spring practice.

Sophomore Brennan Clay had 59 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries for the Red team, which won 20-14. Walk-on Dominique Whaley broke a 45-yard run for the White team and had 10 carries for 65 yards.

Neither Stoops nor new offensive coordinator Josh Heupel are ready to commit to anyone as a possible replacement for departed All-Big 12 running back DeMarco Murray. But they say all five of the backs could see quality playing time next season, given the right circumstances.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/headlines/20110416-spring-football-game-roundup-oklahoma-osu-missouri-nebraska.ece

Anyone thinking that Roy Finch was better than DeMarco doesn't know **** about football and at this point...I'm concerned about our Running Game for next year. Landry looked dumpy and out of shape and Bell and Allen looked like either could get us to a Bowl Game if Landry got hurt.

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 12:22 PM
This is about all the action Ryan saw yesterday....

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/DSC02220.jpg

We might have us a decent Field Goal Kicker this year. Missed from 49 yesterday was a bit disappointing....hopefully that will improve.

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 12:25 PM
Although Miller didn't catch this one....if Broyles has an even better year this year....DeJuan is prepared to be one of the best #2 guys we've seen IMO

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/DSC02227.jpg

oudavid1
4/17/2011, 12:30 PM
This is about all the action Ryan saw yesterday....

We might have us a decent Field Goal Kicker this year. Missed from 49 yesterday was a bit disappointing....hopefully that will improve.

Did you see his girlfriend.....oh ya!

picasso
4/17/2011, 01:31 PM
I'm concerned about our Running Game for next year. Landry looked dumpy and out of shape and Bell and Allen looked like either could get us to a Bowl Game if Landry got hurt.

Smoke a joint and relax.

SoonerMom2
4/17/2011, 02:48 PM
He might have missed to the right on the 49-yeard field goal but at least it went over 49 yards which is a big change. He came really close and it didn't drop in front of the goal post this time.

Enjoyed the Red/White game and gave up trying to get something from the concession stand with the long lines. I enjoyed the afternoon, and it felt good to be back on campus watching football even it was only a scrimmage.

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 02:57 PM
Smoke a joint and relax.

Bring me some Bro....

Hook me up Scarface.....lol :pop:

Actually I thought I was being pretty relaxed. Even if Landry gets hurt I think we go to a BCS Bowl.

We need a running back though. The new Saving Grace of Sooner Football that folks wanted to start over DeMarco last year....he looked bad yesterday IMO. Finch will get some snaps but I'm thinking his role in the stable isn't as Starter this year.

tulsaoilerfan
4/17/2011, 09:18 PM
Bring me some Bro....

Hook me up Scarface.....lol :pop:

Actually I thought I was being pretty relaxed. Even if Landry gets hurt I think we go to a BCS Bowl.

We need a running back though. The new Saving Grace of Sooner Football that folks wanted to start over DeMarco last year....he looked bad yesterday IMO. Finch will get some snaps but I'm thinking his role in the stable isn't as Starter this year.

Damn dude cut Finch some slack remember he's coming off a fairly significant injury

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 09:42 PM
Damn dude cut Finch some slack remember he's coming off a fairly significant injury

It's not Finch I'm busting on. It's the dumb-asses that thought he should have started and that DeMarco should have rode the pine. Finch was coming off an injury then a we used him as much as we could last year. Now we need a guy like DeMarco for a run at the MNC and we are searching for someone.

I thought Clay looked real good last year and now he's looking like one of the guys that might get PT this year. I was told I was crazy about that too....

Some of the experts we get on this board should troll more and post less.

OU_Sooners75
4/17/2011, 09:53 PM
25k plus the students. we didn't have to buy tickets or scan our id's so there's no way they could have counted us into the attendance.

Thats weird, they scanned our tickets. You sure you went to the Football game and no the futbol game. :D