PDA

View Full Version : Poor Sucker who spent $45K on a Chevy "Volt"...

Okla-homey
4/16/2011, 04:41 PM
has a house fire for his trouble.

I love it when greenies glaum on to things like this, only to discover the technology isn't cooked yet. Unlike his house.:D

Here's a tip. Drive an automobile with an internal combustion engine. Like God intended. Leave that electric car crap on the golf course.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/27541598/detail.html

SoCaliSooner
4/16/2011, 05:14 PM
Most "green" technology in vehicles is very expensive even when bouyed by goverent subsidies, has distance limitations and isn't having long term dependability. Give me CNG or hydrogen technology.

yermom
4/16/2011, 06:01 PM
my aunt's Plymouth Voyager burst into flames on its own accord one night. luckily, it was in the driveway.

nice job of fear mongering there. why not wait until they actually investigate the fire at least?

i'm sure there is nothing else in a garage that might start a fire...

Leroy Lizard
4/16/2011, 06:05 PM
Sounds like the cars are a source of untapped thermal energy.

How about "Introducing the new Chevy Fuel!"

ouduckhunter
4/16/2011, 06:58 PM
When I was at OU, the country club in my home town burned down. The fire started down in the lower level where they charged the golf carts. I don't know what the official verdict was, but it was speculated that a charging battery started sparking and burned the whole place down.

Midtowner
4/16/2011, 06:58 PM
He tried to buy a car which he felt was right for him for whatever reason, it apparently was dangerously defective, and some think that's an object lesson?

Better hope for his sake that "tort reform" hasn't closed the door to the courthouse to this man in his state.

sappstuf
4/16/2011, 07:23 PM
Sounds like he has a lot of carbon to offset now...

JohnnyMack
4/16/2011, 08:04 PM
Like God intended.

Jesus wants you to drill baby drill. So you can drive a Mercedes.

OU Engineer
4/16/2011, 09:18 PM
everyone knows the manufacturing process of one Prius has the carbon footprint of the lifetime of one hummer.

all that glitters is not gold.

Leroy Lizard
4/16/2011, 09:19 PM
Jesus wants you to drill baby drill. So you can drive a Mercedes.

So you heard the same message. We must have been talking to God on a conference call.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/16/2011, 10:53 PM
Where's the love for the amazing improvements in diesel tech coming out of Germany?

JohnnyMack
4/16/2011, 10:55 PM
Where's the love for the amazing improvements in diesel tech coming out of Germany?

I'll shoot my wad in yer ear.

SouthCarolinaSooner
4/17/2011, 12:12 AM

I love it when greenies glaum on to things like this, only to discover the technology isn't cooked yet. Unlike his house.:D

Here's a tip. Drive an automobile with an internal combustion engine. Like God intended. Leave that electric car crap on the golf course.

horray for people's houses burning down who dont agree with me!

SoonerNate
4/17/2011, 12:33 AM

You are a ****ing idiot

SoCaliSooner
4/17/2011, 12:34 AM

I think next time I am on a fire I will ask the homeowner their political affiliation and then respond with service appropriate to how I vote.

SoonerNate
4/17/2011, 12:35 AM
LMFAO

Okla-homey
4/17/2011, 08:47 AM
I bet Toyota is happy this happened. Kinda pushes that whole fiasco involving the dangerous and out-of-control Prius back in public memory.

A pox on ignoramuses who buy electric cars and who actually have the gall to try to operate them on our streets and highways - thus endangering us all.

MR2-Sooner86
4/17/2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah, anybody who bought a Volt is an idiot. It's nothing more than a feel good, overpriced gimmick.

http://www.plugincars.com/sites/default/files/aceee-2011-b.gif

Oh well, some lessons are harder to learn than others.

pphilfran
4/17/2011, 09:04 AM
The only way to see if electrics will be viable over the long term is to get some on the road...

As time goes on and sales increase the cost and range will improve...

Any new technology goes through similar growing pains..

If they start having significant amounts of battery failures and/or shorter battery life expectancy the industry could be in for trouble...

Are they expensive? Yes...

Are they economically cost effective? No...

Would I buy one today? Hell, no...

3rdgensooner
4/17/2011, 09:25 AM
Here's a tip. Drive an automobile with an internal combustion engine. Like God intended.Is this in the old testament?

bigfatjerk
4/17/2011, 09:28 AM
The only way to see if electrics will be viable over the long term is to get some on the road...

As time goes on and sales increase the cost and range will improve...

Any new technology goes through similar growing pains..

If they start having significant amounts of battery failures and/or shorter battery life expectancy the industry could be in for trouble...

Are they expensive? Yes...

Are they economically cost effective? No...

Would I buy one today? Hell, no...

I think this pretty much says it all. Although we've been talking about electric cars being the next big things for over 100 years. I'm not sure it'll ever really be the next big thing. We may have more movement in nuclear power by the time we finally get a viable electric car.

Boarder
4/17/2011, 09:41 AM
In my garage.

SoonerNate
4/17/2011, 03:04 PM

It does have an internal combustion engine.

Mongo
4/17/2011, 03:21 PM
my aunt's Plymouth Voyager burst into flames on its own accord one night. luckily, it was in the driveway.

nice job of fear mongering there. why not wait until they actually investigate the fire at least?

i'm sure there is nothing else in a garage that might start a fire...

well, it was a plymouth:D

what is the ratio of plymouth fires vs volt fires? gm blows harder than johnny mack at a dick buffet, but their attempt at greener tech is laughable

Okla-homey
4/17/2011, 03:41 PM

what is the ratio of plymouth fires vs volt fires? gm blows harder than johnny mack at a dick buffet, but their attempt at greener tech is laughable

Unfortunately, even if zombie company GM is finally declared dead when this Volt experiment (that GM hoped would lead to profitability) is proven a klinker, BHO will try to pull a rabbit out of his hat and publicly fund the bloated UAW pensions and benefits that drove GM into bankruptcy in the first place.

That way, he keeps the UAW happy and thus assures their votes.

KABOOKIE
4/17/2011, 05:36 PM
He tried to buy a car which he felt was right for him for whatever reason, it apparently was dangerously defective, and some think that's an object lesson?

Better hope for his sake that "tort reform" hasn't closed the door to the courthouse to this man in his state.

Silly lawyer. I think most people believe there is a reasonable expectation that their car won't spontaneously combust in their garage and burn their house down.

Now someone that puts "hotter than hot" coffee in their lap and then proceeds to spill it all over themselves deserves compensation because of the severity of their injuries. :rolleyes:

Mmmm. Yeah I guess by that same rational if some dolt shoots themselves in the leg with a .357 magnum they should be compensated from the manufacturer as well.

KABOOKIE
4/17/2011, 05:38 PM

what is the ratio of plymouth fires vs volt fires? gm blows harder than johnny mack at a dick buffet, but their attempt at greener tech is laughable like johhny mack's dick near a pu$$y buffet

fify, heh.

Ho. Mo. If you know what I'm sayin'.

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 08:08 PM
Why would JM take his Dick to a ***** Buffet? Wouldn't it more likely be an Anal Buffet?

KABOOKIE
4/17/2011, 08:33 PM
Exactly my point.

dynersooner
4/18/2011, 08:12 AM
Is this in the old testament?

yes. Exodous.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh in the land of Egypt, and ye shall drive your people out of his imprisonment using a vehicle with an internal combustion engine. sidenote: Im warning you Moses, dont use one of those faggy electric cars to try to get across the desert. Dont test me...

(that also happens to be the only passage where the LORD issues a "sidenote." Interesting verse...)

OUDoc
4/18/2011, 11:44 AM
I'm fairly certain this forum could turn a thread on toilet paper into a political debate.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/18/2011, 11:55 AM
DIRTY LIBZ ARE TAKING AWAY MY TOILET PAPER

SoonerNate
4/18/2011, 11:56 AM
I know several firemen. They are the laziest ****ers on the planet and are constantly crying out to their unions.

Wahhh.

yermom
4/18/2011, 11:58 AM
yeah, why do we waste tax dollars on these dooshes? :rolleyes:

SoonerNate
4/18/2011, 11:59 AM
Sheer idiots. What kind of fool charges into the trade center before it collapses?

NormanPride
4/18/2011, 12:00 PM
In my garage.
Rilly? I thought you couldn't import them over here due to emissions laws.

yermom
4/18/2011, 12:04 PM
i think he's talking about a different German diesel. i'd like to see the little turbo/supercharged 1.3L things here. VW's TDIs are a different animal

i want to see more about BMW's capacitor hybrids...

Position Limit
4/18/2011, 12:11 PM
i suppose the internal combustion engine variety of automobiles have never, ever malfuntioned. ever.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/18/2011, 12:12 PM
Never.

JohnnyMack
4/18/2011, 12:43 PM
I'll be going to the pu$$y buffet later. ST, I believe it's your turn to drive. Mongo, don't wear the blue jumpsuit again, it makes you look fat...ter than you already are.

SoCaliSooner
4/18/2011, 12:48 PM
I know several firemen. They are the laziest ****ers on the planet and are constantly crying out to their unions.

Wahhh.

We just got brand new recliners right before I got hurt. 12 really nice ones to watch TV and too take naps.

OutlandTrophy
4/18/2011, 12:49 PM
I'll be going to the pu$$y buffet later. ST, I believe it's your turn to drive. Mongo, don't wear the blue jumpsuit again, it makes you look fat...ter than you already are.

call me if you need a ride home

Tulsa_Fireman
4/18/2011, 12:53 PM
If it smells like fish, eat all you wish.

If it smells like cologne, leave it alone.

Fraggle145
4/18/2011, 01:11 PM

Well at least you are carpooling. Call me for the after-after party.

Boarder
4/18/2011, 01:21 PM
Rilly? I thought you couldn't import them over here due to emissions laws.
VW TDI.

C&CDean
4/18/2011, 01:24 PM
VW TDI.

Wha? Know how I know you're excruciatingly homo?

Boarder
4/18/2011, 01:42 PM
Wha? Know how I know you're excruciatingly homo?
Cause I wear capris?

Wait, did I just say that?

soonercruiser
4/18/2011, 10:11 PM

The level of battery technology is really pushing the envelope.
Reminds me of all the laptop computer batteries that Sony had to recall for DELL. It seemed they were prone to bust into flames.......in your lap! :eek:
(Sound familiar?) :rolleyes:
Yes, we'll have to wait for the investigation to be completed.
(My guess is a substandard electric line to the charger outlet...pulling too many amps in a lower rated wire.)

Personally, I'm waiting for Toyota to come up with an electric car.
That way, it will likely shift into drive, accelerate in an uncontrolled manner, and be out of the garage before it bursts into flames!
:D