PDA

View Full Version : the world is really coming to an end now

soonerbrat
4/16/2011, 07:12 AM
ABC has cancelled All My Children and One Life To Live - last air date for All My Children is in September. I used to schedule my classes around All My Children - I watched for about 10 years....I stopped watching in about 2001, so I won't miss it, but it'll be weird knowing it's gone.

jumperstop
4/16/2011, 10:09 AM
Soaps don't get enough viewers...any other show like that would have been canceled years ago. People want more Rachel Ray and The View.

Ctina
4/16/2011, 10:12 AM
I'm sad about All My Children even though I stopped watching it last year because I was busy with school. I had watched it since the early 80's. I was hoping they would have fixed it by the time I graduated and had time for it again. The writing had gotten really bad the last few years.

I don't believe that crap about people wanting more talk and reality shows. There are dozens out there already. They are just cheap and easy to produce, that's why the networks want them.

soonercruiser
4/16/2011, 11:23 AM
Get a life ladies!
:P

(Volunteer, or something.)

ChickSoonerFan
4/17/2011, 06:16 PM
Reality shows killed the soap operas I think. Real life is crazier than anything those writers could dream up.

Is Erica Kane still on All My Children? Susan Lucci?

cccasooner2
4/17/2011, 07:10 PM
..... They are just cheap and easy to produce, that's why the networks want them.

You would think the advertisers would figure it out that few watch that crap and focus all their advertising on the internet and Sunday newspaper.

SoonerNate
4/17/2011, 07:25 PM
These shows were for gold diggers that stayed home and spent their hubby's money.

Soonerson1975
4/17/2011, 07:41 PM
I heard a rumor that the Playboy Channel is trying to get the rights to All My Children and make it more risque.

MamaMia
4/17/2011, 07:51 PM
These shows were for gold diggers that stayed home and spent their hubby's money.and speaker whores?

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 08:01 PM
These shows were for gold diggers that stayed home and spent their hubby's money.

That's very true and now that reality TV is so popular and Nancy Grace seems to be on 24/7 like Suzie Homemaker with her own Methlab....

Soaps are in trouble IMHO.

soonerbrat
4/17/2011, 08:15 PM

and college students.

MamaMia
4/17/2011, 08:38 PM
That's very true and now that reality TV is so popular and Nancy Grace seems to be on 24/7 like Suzie Homemaker with her own Methlab....

Soaps are in trouble IMHO.

Isn't Nancy Grace on MSNBC?

Romulus
4/17/2011, 09:04 PM
I heard a rumor that the Playboy Channel is trying to get the rights to All My Children and make it more risque.

If that happens and they bring back Eva Larue......

GDC
4/17/2011, 09:10 PM

Wouldn't they be able to spend more money if they got out of the house?