PDA

View Full Version : Continued Presidential Hypocrisy!

soonercruiser
4/15/2011, 08:41 PM
Some people think that they are above the law, and regressive liberals make a living at it.

The President, as the CIC and Chief Law Enforcement Officer has the obligation to the American people to enforce what is written into law by the Congress and Presidential signature.

But, proving again what a LIAR he is Obama has signed the end of FY 2011 budget deal with a "signing statement", noting that he has no intend on keeping his part of the agreement.

Obama signing statement: despite law, I can do what I want on czars

In marked contrast to vows as a candidate not to use presidential signing statements as “an end run around Congress,” President Obama released a statement on the just-signed spending bill saying despite the law’s restrictions on “czars,” he will “construe” the law not to interfere with “presidential prerogatives.”
The move is an aggressive power play by Obama to gain an added advantage from the deal struck a week ago between the president, Republican House Speaker John Boehner and Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to narrowly avert government shutdown.

The legislation prohibits government money being spent on four Obama “czars,” newly created positions with far-reaching sway over federal agencies but facing no confirmation vote in the Senate.

However, some of the czars banned in the bill have already stepped down, and it is unclear whether replacements will be appointed.

Obama in his signing statement says the provision in the legislation prohibiting funding for the salaries of the four czars runs afoul of the president’s “well-established authority to supervise and oversee the executive branch, and to obtain advice in furtherance of this supervisory authority.”

The signing statement vaguely refers to an constitutional line that might have been crossed.

“Legislative efforts that significantly impede the President’s ability to exercise his supervisory and coordinating authorities or to obtain the views of the appropriate senior advisers violate the separation of powers by undermining the President’s ability to exercise his constitutional responsibilities and take care that the laws be faithfully executed,” the statement says.

“Therefore, the executive branch will construe section 2262 not to abrogate these Presidential prerogatives,” the statement says.
http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/15/obama-signing-statement-despite-law-i-can-do-what-i-want-on-czars/

Now, to be fair, even GW used signing statements to add conditions to signing Congressional bills. But, how many times must "The Annointed One" LIE and break his promises or pledges that he made to the American people?

Obama in his own words!
Obama promises no signing statements
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX6DJzt1PWU

Other story links...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/15/obama-czars-signing-statement_n_849963.html
President Obama Issues “Signing Statement” Indicating He Won’t Abide by Provision in Budget Bill
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/04/president-obama-issues-signing-statement-indicating-he-wont-abide-by-provision-in-budget-bill.html

SoonerKnight
4/16/2011, 12:37 AM
This is the first signing statement that I have heard he has written! So please let's get really upset over this!

mgsooner
4/16/2011, 09:49 AM
Anybody tried that new angus sandwich at Arby's? Thoughts?

Midtowner
4/16/2011, 09:51 AM
Previous Presidents used signing statements. Where's the feigned outrage about that?

jumperstop
4/16/2011, 10:06 AM
I was throughly surprised that this thread wasn't a sooner nate thread.

3rdgensooner
4/16/2011, 10:14 AM
RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!!!1!

picasso
4/16/2011, 10:55 AM
I'm still waiting on the All Souls Church on Peoria to march Brookside in protest of Obama's aggression in the Middle East.

pphilfran
4/16/2011, 11:04 AM
Like many lifelong politicians he will say anything to get a vote...

He will only tell half the story...he has talked about higher CAFE standards..and how everyone was on board...unions and the manufacturers...bs...those manufacturers were squealing bloody murder about cost and were drug by their nose into the fray...

He will skew facts as needed...someone posted a vid of him talking about the US having 2 or 3% of the world oil reserves yet we used 25% of the oil...both statements were true...then he said if we doubled US production we would still need a 4 or 5 fold increase to stop importing oil...

Wrong....if we doubled US production ( ain't gonna happen) we would produce 2/3's of our needs..

So where is the 4 or 5 fold increase?

Beats me...

But it looks like he doubled RESERVES instead of production...

Is he dumb? Or confused? Or attempting to confuse?

He will make promises even if anyone with any sense knows his goal and/or time frames are not realistic...Double renewable in 3 years...after 2 years he is about a 1/3 of the way there...

He will publicly demonize a group and then ask that same group to come over to his side with compromise...no example needed...

soonercruiser
4/16/2011, 11:21 AM
Previous Presidents used signing statements. Where's the feigned outrage about that?

See the video!
Obama was also outraged at previous Presidents, and promised to never do it! (Change?)
Duh!

hawaii 5-0
4/16/2011, 11:31 AM
Both me and my cat are taking to the streets.

5-0

Trump/Biggles 2012

sappstuf
4/16/2011, 03:01 PM
seAR1S1Mjkc&

My favorite part is when Obama says "I disagree with that(that being signing statements) I taught the constitution for 10 years!".

JohnnyMack
4/16/2011, 03:18 PM

I thought it was really tasty. Much better than I anticipated.

2121Sooner
4/16/2011, 09:30 PM

I heard Obama only goes to Black Angus

soonercruiser
4/16/2011, 09:40 PM
seAR1S1Mjkc&

My favorite part is when Obama says "I disagree with that(that being signing statements) I taught the constitution for 10 years!".

So, he doesn't any longer believe in the Constitution's "Balance of Powers"?
(The Boy who would be KING!)
:rolleyes:

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Political/not%20facism.jpg

cccasooner2
4/16/2011, 09:43 PM
...Obama was also outraged at previous Presidents, and promised to never do it! (Change?)

Maybe when asked he'll say "well that depends on what you mean by signing statements" to paraphrase Clinton on sex.

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 08:21 PM
What's funny is he made a campaign promise about POTUS signing Statements and said he would never used them and now that is he....people are outraged as when George HW Bush raised taxes he said he wouldn't raise.

Obama said he wouldn't sign them and Congress went out of their way to stop him from doing something they didn't like basically forcing him to do it. He hasn't even signed one yet...he's just said he might and the outrage about him has hit SoonerFans.

Is posting the outrage going to stop him from signing one? No.

Is posting the outrage going to hurt his Re-election Campaign....Probably not.....

Funny stuff......lol

2121Sooner
4/17/2011, 09:36 PM
Obama is an absolute putz of a President

Romulus
4/17/2011, 09:56 PM
How does go about becoming one of these czars?

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 09:59 PM
Bribes.

sappstuf
4/17/2011, 10:11 PM
How does go about becoming one of these czars?

Not paying your taxes seems to be a good start...