PDA

View Full Version : Bedlam Series - starts tonight.

Pages : [1] 2

Sooner95
4/15/2011, 05:45 PM
3 game set vs the lesser team up north this weekend. We are all aware of how important it is to do very well this weekend, so I'll not bring it up.

Weekend rotation

No. 1 RHP Michael Rocha (7-1, 1.02 ERA, 9 BB, 50 SO)
No. 2 RHP Burch Smith (5-2, 3.83 ERA, 13 BB, 51 SO)
No. 3 LHP Dillon Overton (5-3, 1.45 ERA, 17 BB, 35 SO)

Broadcast info

• The OU broadcast with Chuck Kelly (play-by-play) and Ross Hubbard (color) can be heard throughout the weekend on the Sooners’ Flagship station, KREF 1400 AM and at SoonerSports.com. Air time is 30 minutes prior to first pitch.
• The Cowboy Sports Network will televise game one and two with Chad McKee and Dave Garrett on commentary. Sunday’s game will be televised by the Sooner Sports Network with Brian Brinkley and Casey Bookout calling the action. All three games can be seen on Cox Ch. 3 in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Live stats are available online at the baseball schedule page on SoonerSports.com.

First game up in Tulsatown, the next 2, Bricktown.

KREF 1400 Link (http://www.sportstalk1400.com/kref2/SportsTalk.html)

More Info... (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/041411aaa.html)

Lott's Bandana
4/15/2011, 05:56 PM
Had a thread going already, brutha.

Cold as hell, windy and drizzling here in Tulsa. A miserable night for baseball.

Sooner95
4/15/2011, 06:38 PM
Ah crap, sorry man, wasn't trying to steal your thunder..lol I've gotten into the habit of posting up a thread with the series info and going from there..

Merge them if needed.

BOOMER!!

Sooner95
4/15/2011, 06:39 PM
regarding the weather..crap. Looks to be a pitcher games then.

Lott's Bandana
4/15/2011, 07:16 PM
Good wx for Rocha. I froze watching his 1-hit gem.

Lott's Bandana
4/15/2011, 08:12 PM
Scoreless after 2 1/2

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 08:14 PM
Scoreless after 2 1/2

Keep the PBP coming... I am not able to watch it, so have to rely on guys like you who have it on TV.

SoonerBOkie
4/15/2011, 08:19 PM
Here is the radio link. http://www.livestream.com/kref?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=ui-content&utm_campaign=kref&utm_content=kref

SoonerBOkie
4/15/2011, 08:24 PM
Top of the 4th OSU 1 OU 0

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 08:34 PM
Here is the radio link. http://www.livestream.com/kref?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=ui-content&utm_campaign=kref&utm_content=kref

Thanks for the link. Sooners lead 2-1 top of the 4th...still batting

Lott's Bandana
4/15/2011, 08:34 PM
Two runs with two outs. Sooners 2-1. Still batting.

Soonerite
4/15/2011, 08:35 PM
That's some nice clutch hitting that we've been missing lately. Lets keep it up!!

SoonerBOkie
4/15/2011, 08:35 PM
OU 2 OSU 1 Eisenberg scored Ogle
Johnson scored another

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 08:40 PM
Dahlberg Ks, stranding 2 one on 1st, one on 2nd.

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 08:59 PM
Ogle with a 2 run single. 4-1 Sooners! Bases loaded again after a bunt by Seitzer! Still nobody out... Pitching change.

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 09:08 PM
Sooners tack on another run on a sacrifice fly... then hit into a double play to end the inning. 5-1 OU, bottom of the 5th coming up.

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 09:23 PM
@#$#@#! Ellison! We're cruising to a 1-2-3 inning, he drops a can of corn! Then he misplays the next play (base hit), allowing the baserunner to take 2nd. Rocha loses his composure, gives up 3 consecutive hits, we are now 5-4, all 4 runs unearned! Rocha leaves. All because of a fricking error!

Rocha had struck out the first two batters before Ellison's error.

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 09:30 PM
Rocha gone, Overton comes in gives up an RBI single, he is gone, tie game.

TumbleweedDoom
4/15/2011, 09:35 PM
Check please.

jadubya
4/15/2011, 09:36 PM
I would have never replaced Eisenberg....who just crushed a ball of the wall in the previous at bat. Ellison.....continues his funk. Our middle inning adventures continue.....

oklasooners
4/15/2011, 09:36 PM
6 unearned runs thanks to Ellison. crazy. Still like OU's chances. I think OU wins 10 - 9 or something like that...lots of runs will be scored in the last few innings

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 09:37 PM
Irony. My best friend was playing centerfield for OU back in the early 2000's. He dropped a flyball against OSU at Driller stadium and cost them the game.

oklasooners
4/15/2011, 09:39 PM
who was your best friend?

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 09:45 PM
Matt Arkison

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 09:48 PM
Tie game 7-7. Top of 6.

ouboomer1
4/15/2011, 09:54 PM
thats a good job of getting those runs back right away...

bufsa
4/15/2011, 10:01 PM
This has happened before, Cam's two errors in row against ASU. Difference here is this pitcher we can get the runs back. You need to give Ellsion a break.

bufsa
4/15/2011, 10:03 PM
Who did they put in at pitcher?

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 10:08 PM
Bobby Shore's pitching for OU right now. Bottom of 7, 2 outs.

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 10:09 PM
Chris Marlow for the Pokes.

bufsa
4/15/2011, 10:13 PM
One batter shouldn't affect Overton from starting Sunday? Did SG plan on him just ending the inning while some one else was getting ready?

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 10:18 PM
Seems to be the case as there were 2 outs at the time. Just trying to get out of the inning.

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 10:19 PM
Going to top of 9. 7 up.

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 10:25 PM
Never drop the barrel of the bat when bunting. Come on!

jadubya
4/15/2011, 10:26 PM
When did laying down a bunt become so difficult? Unreal.

jadubya
4/15/2011, 10:27 PM
Errors and failure to execute the fundamentals. Stick a fork in them. Ballgame.

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 10:27 PM
Walk off homerun Pokes

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 10:28 PM
Sooners lose on a walk-off HR bottom of the 9th. They really booted this one away.

oklasooners
4/15/2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks Chris Ellison...DIRECTLY responsible for the loss. Single handily gave up 6 runs

hvhurricane
4/15/2011, 10:31 PM
OU looks like a bunch of mental midgets out there tonight.

oklasooners
4/15/2011, 10:31 PM
seriously what is wrong with Sietzer and White this season? 4 homers between the two...they had over 25 between the two last year? White and Sietzer have had horrible years so far.

Ellison and Bushyhead's errors cost us this one.

PhiDeltBeers
4/15/2011, 10:32 PM
Eh, give the kid a break. I'm sure he feels bad about it. It happens.

ouboomer1
4/15/2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks Chris Ellison...DIRECTLY responsible for the loss. Single handily gave up 6 runs

plenty of blame to go all around with this team right now. Need to get back to the let it fly mode

oklasooners
4/15/2011, 10:33 PM
OU looks like a team that expects to win games without putting in the effort...last year seems to have spoiled them this year. OU is an average team this year at best. they will not make a super regional, let alone a world series if something doesn't change, quick!!!

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 10:34 PM
Our best pitcher tonight, Rocha, was cruising. Then BOOM 4 unearned runs ties the game, unsettles Rocha, and gave the Pokes Big MO.

Disgusting.

jadubya
4/15/2011, 10:35 PM
This team, thus far, does not have the ability to capitalize on good momentum.....nor stem the bad....during games that matter. The top of the 9th and Ellison's drop absolutely capture this 2011 campaign. Could be the most frustrating Sooner team...in any sport...that I have seen in quite some time.

SoonerHoops
4/15/2011, 10:37 PM
That was some really poor baseball.

oklasooners
4/15/2011, 10:38 PM
on a bright note, SHORE looked good, besides the walk off home run. Also, Ogle is a great player...he will play in the majors. Sietzer, White and Ellison need to quit reading their press clippings. None of them have done anything this year

oklasooners
4/15/2011, 10:39 PM
plenty of blame to go all around with this team right now. Need to get back to the let it fly mode

no no no...of their 8 runs, he gave up 6...really only 1 person to blame.

mgsooner
4/15/2011, 10:40 PM
This team, thus far, does not have the ability to capitalize on good momentum.....nor stem the bad....during games that matter. The top of the 9th and Ellison's drop absolutely capture this 2011 campaign. Could be the most frustrating Sooner team...in any sport...that I have seen in quite some time.

It's starting to remind me of some of those late Cochell era teams that would do anything and everything they could to lose games.

BlackwellSooner
4/15/2011, 10:41 PM
I think that of their 8 runs, 6 were unearned.

hvhurricane
4/15/2011, 10:41 PM
on a bright note, SHORE looked good, besides the walk off home run. Also, Ogle is a great player...he will play in the majors. Sietzer, White and Ellison need to quit reading their press clippings. None of them have done anything this year

This was just a complete meltdown. Seitzer looked like my 7 year old in the top of the 9th. That was pathetic.

mgsooner
4/15/2011, 10:42 PM
This was just a complete meltdown. Seitzer looked like my 7 year old in the top of the 9th. That was pathetic.

After that pathetic display I seriously considered just turning the TV off and going to bed. I wish I had.

oklasooners
4/15/2011, 10:44 PM
Sietzer is extremely overrated....he has a bad combination of lack of power and average.

jadubya
4/15/2011, 10:45 PM
White and Ellison are definitely not performing. I wouldn't throw Seitzer in with that camp just yet. My biggest problem from tonight is...no matter how much I respect Coach G....there was no reason to stick Ellison in the game for Eisenberg.....especially after Ricky hammered a double in his previous at bat. I believe the "who is hot" with the bat trumps the "righty / lefty" matchup overthink.

FirstAndGoalOU
4/15/2011, 10:47 PM
http://d2eosjbgw49cu5.cloudfront.net/eagleparbirdie.com/imgname--moving_day_at_augusta_tiger_better_get_goin---50226711--Tiger_Disappointed.jpg

C&CDean
4/15/2011, 10:49 PM
It's good to see several of our ****ty football fans finally made it to the baseball board...just in time to bitch like little girls. Nice. Job. If you only show up here when we play - no I meant melt down against the aglets, then STFU and go pet your poodles. Tools.

Yeah, we lost it. Some of you fat asses sitting on your stained and worn out couches need to get up, brush the potato chips off your fat gut, and then STFU yet again. Geez. Sometimes I hate OU "fans" worse than I hate whorns.

BudsBoy
4/15/2011, 10:49 PM
Best thing to do is just not to watch as the Sooners choke again and agin against OSU.

jadubya
4/15/2011, 10:50 PM
Sietzer is extremely overrated....he has a bad combination of lack of power and average.

I don't agree with that at all. Do I think he is gonna go gang-busters at the next level? Nope. Is he a very good D1 first baseman? Yep. Is he the most maddening player in the world to watch attempt a bunt? No doubt.

jadubya
4/15/2011, 10:51 PM
haha....CCdean is breaking it down! NICE!

DRLSooner
4/15/2011, 10:55 PM
It's good to see several of our ****ty football fans finally made it to the baseball board...just in time to bitch like little girls. Nice. Job. If you only show up here when we play - no I meant melt down against the aglets, then STFU and go pet your poodles. Tools.

Yeah, we lost it. Some of you fat asses sitting on your stained and worn out couches need to get up, brush the potato chips off your fat gut, and then STFU yet again. Geez. Sometimes I hate OU "fans" worse than I hate whorns.

Dead. Nuts. Center.

Love it.

mgsooner
4/15/2011, 10:56 PM

Or some of our players could stop dropping routine fly balls and popping up bunts like 3rd graders and they would never show up here to begin with.

oklasooners
4/15/2011, 10:57 PM
I don't agree with that at all. Do I think he is gonna go gang-busters at the next level? Nope. Is he a very good D1 first baseman? Yep. Is he the most maddening player in the world to watch attempt a bunt? No doubt. compare Sietzer and Whites stats from last year and you'll see why I think they are reading their own press clippings...both have had terrible years compared to last year. For the record, since our dedication to OU sports have been questioned, I live in Los Angeles, a city with a **** load of stuff to do, and I spend most of my weekends listening or watch OU baseball games on the internet/slingbox. Just because I am complaining about losing to OSU doesn't mean I am a OU football fan only, so hold off judgement. I drove to San Diego with my 15 month old Son to attend the OU/Cal game. I wanted to be able to tell him when he gets older about this experience I had with him.

C&CDean
4/15/2011, 11:14 PM
Or some of our players could stop dropping routine fly balls and popping up bunts like 3rd graders and they would never show up here to begin with.

Well, yeah? DOH.

My only beef is that we had about 6 people posting in the baseball forum until tonight. Then, somebody let our average POS football fan. You know, the ones who hate their lives?

Ellison screwed the pooch. He ****ed the dog. He took a giant crap in Tulsa. How about we execute him tomorrow at daybreak? Make you happy? Geez. He's just lucky to not play linebacker for our football team. If he did, you guys would want to hang him tonight - without a trial.

Nobody on here feels one brazillionth worse than he does right now. It ain't like he boots routine plays all the time. Yes, his error probably cost us the game - sorta. So, let's string him up, hang him out to dry, and only be satisfied when Sunny parades his head on a platter at LDM at high noon. Sheez, some of you guys really suck as fans.

Soonerus
4/15/2011, 11:19 PM
Ellison is a good Norman North guy, he will be fine..

mgsooner
4/15/2011, 11:21 PM
I'm not saying any of that. I certainly don't believe in ever "blaming" a loss on one player. All I'm saying is when you have plays like we made tonight you are always going to have fans that complain, and rightfully so. This isn't tee ball where everybody goes out for ice cream after the game. I'm not trying to pile on because you're right, I'm sure they feel terrible. It's just frustrating that this team seems to find ways to lose rather than the alternative.

C&CDean
4/15/2011, 11:33 PM
I'm not saying any of that. I certainly don't believe in ever "blaming" a loss on one player. All I'm saying is when you have plays like we made tonight you are always going to have fans that complain, and rightfully so. This isn't tee ball where everybody goes out for ice cream after the game. I'm not trying to pile on because you're right, I'm sure they feel terrible. It's just frustrating that this team seems to find ways to lose rather than the alternative.

Cool. Check out the other posts in some of the other threads on the baseball forum. Those of us who follow the team close are ready to pull our ****ing hair out in frustration over the ineptness we seem to display at all the wrong times. Frustrating? Oh hells no. ****ing infuriating. These are the same guys who went to Omaha and could have taken it all. Right now they would have a tough time with whatever POS high school team Phi Delt Beers keeps bragging on. No rhyme or reason. Still, no reason to trash them out.

SOONER STEAKER
4/15/2011, 11:43 PM
Cas Seitzer is a gap hitter, why was he bunting? He was bunting for a hit in the 6th, he should have been trying to spray the ball into the gap instead of bunting. Bad call from the dugout!!

As for Ellison, kids make mistakes. His error was just as bad as Bushyhead throwing the DP ball into right field.

Now that the jitters are gone, let's take 2 in OKC!!

bri
4/16/2011, 12:39 AM
seriously what is wrong with Sietzer and White this season? 4 homers between the two...they had over 25 between the two last year?

BBCOR

bcolston15
4/16/2011, 01:13 AM
Cas Seitzer is a gap hitter, why was he bunting? He was bunting for a hit in the 6th, he should have been trying to spray the ball into the gap instead of bunting. Bad call from the dugout!!

As for Ellison, kids make mistakes. His error was just as bad as Bushyhead throwing the DP ball into right field.

Bunting to move the winning run into scoring position, that's what he was doing. It's a no-brainer.

Gaius_Longinus
4/16/2011, 01:14 AM

Ellisons led to 6 runs when we should have been out of the damn inning

Gaius_Longinus
4/16/2011, 01:22 AM

pity party much ... get a bra dude

bcolston15
4/16/2011, 01:31 AM
Ellisons led to 6 runs when we should have been out of the damn inning

I think we win the game going away if he makes the play. That said, we still had two outs, with only one runner on base. Errors happen. Get an out. The dropped ball isn't an excuse or even a reason why we allowed six runs to score in the inning.

OSUAggie
4/16/2011, 07:08 AM
He took a giant crap in Tulsa. How about we execute him tomorrow at daybreak? Make you happy? Geez. He's just lucky to not play linebacker for our football team. If he did, you guys would want to hang him tonight - without a trial.

Nobody on here feels one brazillionth worse than he does right now. It ain't like he boots routine plays all the time. Yes, his error probably cost us the game - sorta. So, let's string him up, hang him out to dry, and only be satisfied when Sunny parades his head on a platter at LDM at high noon. Sheez, some of you guys really suck as fans.

“Everybody in the ballpark knows if we make routine plays, we win going away,” Golloway said. “So it’s a tremendous disappointment.”

"The game comes down to catching the ball in center field. It's that simple."

PhiDeltBeers
4/16/2011, 08:42 AM
Cool. Check out the other posts in some of the other threads on the baseball forum. Those of us who follow the team close are ready to pull our ****ing hair out in frustration over the ineptness we seem to display at all the wrong times. Frustrating? Oh hells no. ****ing infuriating. These are the same guys who went to Omaha and could have taken it all. Right now they would have a tough time with whatever POS high school team Phi Delt Beers keeps bragging on. No rhyme or reason. Still, no reason to trash them out.

You know C&C Music Factory, I agree with everything you've said in this thread until you bring me up. I'm bragging about no high school team. I simply posted a thread about 2 of the greatest high school pitchers in the nation (both first round picks) going head to head, and you get your thong in a wad. I just happened to play for one of those teams back in my day so it's nice to follow their successes. It's starting to look like you got picked on a lot as a kid. Equipment manager? Now, go retire.

As for the errors made in the game, seriously, give the kids a break. Same crap happens in the bigs.

OutlandTrophy
4/16/2011, 09:18 AM
is this the place where we argue about who the biggest fan is?

mgsooner
4/16/2011, 09:51 AM
I know more fan than you

Boomer.....
4/16/2011, 09:57 AM
That hurt. We need to pick up the next two. I thought we would win 2 so let's still make that happen.

Sooner95
4/16/2011, 11:23 AM
Man, this was killing me last night while out on the town (kept up with score via twitter). This will surely test them and see if they can bounce back. Win the next 2, and we still win the series.

StoopTroup
4/16/2011, 06:14 PM
From the Bricktown parking garage watching for free!!!!

BOOMER ! ! !

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/7ce65a55.jpg

StoopTroup
4/16/2011, 06:17 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/167310aa.jpg

StoopTroup
4/16/2011, 06:19 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/167310aa.jpg

StoopTroup
4/16/2011, 06:26 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/25d0a0d8.jpg

hvhurricane
4/16/2011, 06:42 PM
Pretty sad that they have had to put tarps up on the upper deck. This series needs some bad blood to renew the interest.

StoopTroup
4/16/2011, 07:28 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/DSC02239.jpg

StoopTroup
4/16/2011, 07:30 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/DSC02240.jpg

bri
4/16/2011, 10:10 PM
Gee, I wonder why they have to tarp off the upper deck? *looks at more pics from the parking garage next door*

:D

StoopTroup
4/16/2011, 10:49 PM
POKE CHOKE ! ! !

StoopTroup
4/16/2011, 10:52 PM
Gee, I wonder why they have to tarp off the upper deck? *looks at more pics from the parking garage next door*

:D

Some were from the $169 room on the 6th floor of the hotel.

SoonerHoops
4/16/2011, 11:00 PM
Pretty sad that they have had to put tarps up on the upper deck. This series needs some bad blood to renew the interest.

The tarps have nothing to do with the Bedlam series. They are there permanently per order by the new owners of the ballpark.

oldtimer
4/16/2011, 11:08 PM
SOONERS take the Aggies tonight 7-5 to even the Bedlam series at one a piece in OKC. Wasn't easy, but this game showed how serious the players and coaches were in refusing to lose tonight! Lots of positives - Eric (Woody) Ross returns tonight and does well in CF and 2-5 at lead-off, Jordan John shows Erben-ish type pitching to pound the zone and stretch innings from starter Smith to closer Duke, and what can we say about Tyler Ogle. The Jr. catcher strapped the team to his back tonight and carried them to victory, going 2-5 with two bombs and a ESPN Web gem catch on a foul ball behind the plate.

Ross, Johnson, and Eisenberg showed nice promise in the OF tonight. Bushyhead has a broken finger which may be causing his throws to spray a bit but played through it. We still need RBI production from Bueschele, Mistich, and Seitzer to make us offensively better not to mention stronger infield defense.

Overall OU had more ups and downs and came away with a deserved win!

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 11:14 AM
rubber match today!

soonermike53
4/17/2011, 03:01 PM
Bout to head that way. Really need to take this series. Let's go Sooners!! BOOMER!

StoopTroup
4/17/2011, 03:05 PM
The tarps have nothing to do with the OU-OSU series. They are there permanently per order by the new owners of the ballpark.

Devon and Love's must have paid huge dough as well as everyone else....

oulucas
4/17/2011, 04:29 PM
Sunday update

Top of 2 and we're tied 1-1. Buechle and Ogle continue to be hot at the plate.

oulucas
4/17/2011, 04:47 PM
Great defensive effort by Buechle, otherwise a Bushyhead throwing error would have led to at least 1 run.

I go to most every home game but my schedule hasn't allowed me to go to any of the bedlam games (other than the one in Norman). They panned the crowd and it was honestly a little disappointing. Anyone posting from the game? How many do you think are there? I suppose you have to take into account the fact that some will go to the Thunder game and don't want to be gone all day long.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:10 PM
GT seems a bit off...but

3-1 OU B3

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:13 PM
3-1 OU B4

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:26 PM
Gametracker is not working...anyone else?

plated another.. 4-1

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:29 PM
Watching on Cox. Also, girls on ESPN in Columbia. 0-0 B8.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:31 PM
No tv out here in PA..got KREF tho.

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:32 PM
Great defensive effort by Buechle, otherwise a Bushyhead throwing error would have led to at least 1 run.

I go to most every home game but my schedule hasn't allowed me to go to any of the OU-OSU games (other than the one in Norman). They panned the crowd and it was honestly a little disappointing. Anyone posting from the game? How many do you think are there? I suppose you have to take into account the fact that some will go to the Thunder game and don't want to be gone all day long.

Pretty decent crowd, considering the good points you made.

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:32 PM
Another rally brewing. 1st and 2nd...wait. Single scores one. 5-1

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:35 PM
Bases juiced. 1 out.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:35 PM
Right on. bats are active this afternoon.

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:37 PM
Liner and tag for DP. 5-1

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:37 PM
well ****..

5-1 OU B5

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:38 PM
texass and a&m both won today, so we need the win to keep pace..

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:38 PM
Just saw pan of seats. Crowd just fair.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:41 PM
That's to bad...have such a great ballpark there, not something that existed when I lived there.

The thunder game will take some away, but hell..why not make it a doubleheader? OU baseball/Thunder hoops. sounds like a fine Sunday evening.

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:41 PM
Two big upsets in NBA today and our girls in a 0-0 tie in 9th. I imagine ESPN is screaming to get to Sportscenter.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:42 PM
son of a bitch..

5-3

ouboomer1
4/17/2011, 05:43 PM
just like in Tulsa....up 5-1 with bases loaded hit into a double play and OSU gets a big inning 2 in already with nobody out....

Sooner95
Yea man, lakers and spurs both drop game ones..

Bullpen is active as Overton has let a few go here..

Lott's Bandana
aggy hitting it hard. Overton may be gassed. 5-3 no outs.

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:45 PM
We need to plug holes. Bail water.

Sooner95
ah, brain fart

Sooner95
Good, let them fight, maybe it'll light a fire under their asses!

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:46 PM
Bell in, Overton out

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:47 PM
TV says Shore?

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:50 PM
Nice K

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:50 PM
Your right, shore...they said Bell on radio..

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:52 PM
Double play, boom,

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 05:52 PM
Oh...hell yea! DP!

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 05:53 PM
Really nice job by Shore. His breaking ball looks nasty. I'm breathing again.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/17/2011, 06:06 PM
5-3 OU bottom 6

oulucas
4/17/2011, 06:21 PM
How about Tyler Ogle in this series? Stud.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 06:24 PM
Yea, he's been on his game. Good, we need him to be hitting.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 06:25 PM
attendance 5,475

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 06:33 PM
Right on cue! Ogle drives in another!

6-3

Ohiosooner2
4/17/2011, 06:40 PM

6-3

Thanks Sooner95!

Hang on Sooners!

colinreturn
4/17/2011, 06:41 PM

6-3

thanks for the updates. wish i went.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 06:42 PM
no prob fellas, wish i was there as well.

7-3 B8 1 out, 1 on for pokes

oulucas
4/17/2011, 06:44 PM
Let's see if Duke can close it out now. In retrospect we should have swept this series.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 06:45 PM
Yea, little surprised Duke is in, but then again, we need this one.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 06:49 PM
dammit man.. 7-4

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 06:57 PM
C'mon Duke

frack

Sooner95
Well this has not worked out...

Lott's Bandana
Did he seriously want to face the guy with the walk-off with the bases jacked?

Drama Queen

oulucas
4/17/2011, 06:59 PM
Dammit. C'mon Duke!

Lott's Bandana
This ump has ADD

Lott's Bandana
Duke is imploding.

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 07:00 PM
Walk...7-5, bases loaded, 2O

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:00 PM
Dude can't throw a strike right now.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:02 PM
Dammit, throw a pitch!

Lott's Bandana
Pitches everywhere except the strike zone.

Another walk.

7-6

Sooner95
he just walked in another... 7-6 wtf

Blue
4/17/2011, 07:04 PM
Take his *** out!

oulucas
We may as well leave him in to battle it out. Without him we're in trouble the rest of the season (IMHO). Let's see if he can get his confidence back and pitch his way out of this.

Lott's Bandana
This is so annoying.

I'm annoyed.

SoonerHoops
4/17/2011, 07:06 PM
Duke is the most frustrating pitcher ever

Ohiosooner2
he just walked in another... 7-6 wtf

WTF indeed!

Good gawd.

oulucas
DAMMIT

Blue
4/17/2011, 07:07 PM
What happened?

oulucas
2 run single over the head of the SS on a 3-2 count. Cowboys up now 8-7

Ardmore_Sooner
base hit
8-7 osu still batting in the 8th

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 07:08 PM
Grandiose FAIL

All the position players had to stand and watch all that.

oulucas
Jordan John now pitching.

ouboomer1
another epic meltdown inning this year....this team mentally nowhere near as tough as last year....

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:10 PM
Are you effing kidding me?

Lott's Bandana
Looking back, Shore was pitching very well.

Error at first. I think I may be done here, I'm so pissed.

oulucas
Easy grounder to the pitcher, who throws to Seitzer and Seitzer can't handle it. Another run in.

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 07:11 PM
Buchele error. (nope, scored a hit)

Thunder game on yet? This hasn't been a good day. Not at all.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:12 PM
Someone please plug up the bottom of this barrel, because it has fallin out.

oulucas
Base hit past Buechle. Another run. 10-7 bad guys. I honestly cannot believe what I'm seeing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to bag on any of these guys personally but this has been a meltdown of epic proportions.

SOONER STEAKER
You have got to be frickin kidding. We gave this game away!!!

rekamrettuB
This is tough to listen to. I just woke up from a nap for this inning. I should go back to sleep.

SoonerHoops
4/17/2011, 07:13 PM
Should have been a sweep this weekend, but will lose 2 out of 3.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:13 PM
Finally

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:14 PM
6 hits, 1 er, walked 2 in, 7 runs...

10-7 pokes T9

ouboomer1
4/17/2011, 07:15 PM
2 innings of total embarrasing baseball going to be the reason OU lost this series.... Are these even the same players from last year in those uniforms.....just really dissapointed in this team oh well...

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:16 PM
Ok, time to return the favor! Let's go!!

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:16 PM
walked the leadoff.. 1 on

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:17 PM
k, 1 out

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:18 PM
Ain't over yet

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:18 PM
walked another!

2 on, 1 out

ouboomer1
4/17/2011, 07:20 PM
is there any chance Ogle gets to the plate?

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:21 PM
crap.. 2 outs..

runners at 2 and 3

oulucas
Buechle up with 2 outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd

Sooner95
need one more to get on/hit for Ogle

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:22 PM
bases are JACKED for Ogle!

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:22 PM
Ogle up with the bases loaded and 2 outs

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:23 PM
this is it

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:24 PM
0-2 count

Sooner95
YAY!!!!! 2run single!! 10-9!

oulucas
base hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! two runs score!!!!

Sooner95
Mistich, let's go!

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:25 PM
two outs, runners on 1st and 2nd, Mistich up with a 3-0 count

bufsa
4/17/2011, 07:26 PM
Looking back, Shore was pitching very well.

Error at first. I think I may be done here, I'm so pissed.

He has done quite well for a while. I thought they were limiting his time because of his shoulder. Is there other injuries that we don't know about? Could that be a reason for the drop off of productivity? Why don't we use other picthers? What about Collazo?

oulucas
Walk. Bases loaded for Seitzer.

Sooner95
Woohoo! JACKED again for Cam!

rekamrettuB
4/17/2011, 07:27 PM
Just need a basehit.

Sooner95
YEA!!!!!!!!!!

HBP brings in the tieing run!!!!!!!!!!!11

oulucas
YES!!!!!!!!! Hit by pitch and the game is tied.

rekamrettuB
HAHAH...or a hit by pitch!!!

Sooner95
Wassup poke bitches!!!!!!!!

10-10 T9 2 outs

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:28 PM
Dare I say "Sooner Magic?"

Blue
Damn. way to go Sooners. I though it was over.

Sooner95
BOOMER!!!!!

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:29 PM
95, correct me if I'm wrong but both Buechle and Seitzer are now out of the game, right?

Sooner95
Damn. way to go Sooners. I though it was over.

one word buddy. BED-LAM

oulucas
SOONER

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:30 PM
Boy, I wish I was at bricktown for this one!

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:31 PM
Correction, Seitzer is still in the game. Who is White running for?

rekamrettuB
4/17/2011, 07:32 PM
Correction, Seitzer is still in the game. Who is White running for?

Who bats before Seitzer?

Sooner95
2-2 count, 2 out, bases JACKED!

Sooner95
DAMN!!!!! so close to take the lead!

on to the Bottom of 9 all tied up at 10.

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 07:33 PM
I just found out my kin all got smashed by the NC tornado last night. Lost a horse farm and a 90 year old family friend. She must have been terrified.

I'm not so mad about a baseball game any longer.

Don't mean to inject a downer...really. Just giving myself a perspective check.

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:33 PM
Who bats before Seitzer?

OK, must be Mistich

rekamrettuB
4/17/2011, 07:34 PM
OK, must be Mistich

That's it. I went blank during all the excitement.

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:35 PM
Jeez, a lead off double

Ardmore_Sooner
4/17/2011, 07:35 PM
Leadoff double

BlackwellSooner
4/17/2011, 07:37 PM
Wow, I just got home, turned on the radio webcast, OU was ahead 7-3, with Duke on the mound. Tonight he just didn't have it, some would say that Sonny should have yanked him sooner, but Duke has been so good for us all year, you could understand why he didn't.

Then after the horrible 7 run inning by the Pokes, it really looked grim with Marlow on for the Pokes. And HE can't find the plate, walks 3, hits one, we tie the game,... and strand 3, dangit! Poke fans are probably grumbling why Anderson didn't give Marlow a quicker hook?

Bottom of the 9th, hope we can hold them and win it in extra innings.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:37 PM
I just found out my kin all got smashed by the NC tornado last night. Lost a horse farm and a 90 year old family friend. She must have been terrified.

I'm not so mad about a baseball game any longer.

Don't mean to inject a downer...really. Just giving myself a perspective check.

No prob man. Hope all is ok, thoughts are with them.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:38 PM
Current Big12 standings..

Texas 11-4 .733 27-9 .750
Texas A&M 11-4 .733 26-10 .722
Oklahoma State 9-5 .643 26-9 .743
Oklahoma 7-6 .538 26-9 .743
Kansas 8-7 .533 18-18 .500
Texas Tech 6-9 .400 23-15 .605
Baylor 6-9 .400 20-17 .541
Nebraska 4-7 .364 23-14 .622
Kansas State 5-9 .357 20-14 .588
Missouri 2-9 .182 14-22 .389

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:39 PM
Seriously, we need this game..otherwise we fall behind frakin Kansas..

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:40 PM
make a good play, we know he is going to bunt!

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:41 PM
Game Reset

10-10 B9 Poke up to bat

no outs, runner on 2

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:43 PM
Nice, bunt pop-out

oulucas
Excellent defense by Bushyhead. That ball could have easily gone into CF.

Soonerjeepman
thanks...gettin no audio here...

does anyone know if the girls won? it was zips in extra innings at mu...

Pillmanj
4/17/2011, 07:44 PM
thanks...gettin no audio here...

does anyone know if the girls won? it was zips in extra innings at mu...

they lost 1-0 in extra innings

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 07:44 PM
No prob man. Hope all is ok, thoughts are with them.

Thanks.

Still hanging in there, rubbernecking at this car wreck.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:47 PM
Sit down!!

2 outs!

Soonerjeepman
4/17/2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks Pillman...was watching most of it, then had to finish taxes...
that sucks....seems both baseball and softball...heck even gymnastics...all were doing really well...then "faltered" at the end...

Men's Gym got 2nd (but were ranked #1 and undefeated through the whole reg season)
Women's Gym were undefeated...ranked 4th...ended p 3rd...

softball is starting to struggle and baseball 16-0 to 26-8

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:49 PM
Extra inning it is!

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:50 PM
Extra innings BABY!!!!!!

Ardmore_Sooner
4/17/2011, 07:50 PM
What a crazy game...

rekamrettuB
4/17/2011, 07:51 PM
Nice 9th guys!!!

ouboomer1
4/17/2011, 07:51 PM
got to get Ogle to the plate somehow, someway....

oulucas
4/17/2011, 07:52 PM
Sucks Buechle is out, but that was the smart move at the time.

Lott's Bandana
Thanks Pillman...was watching most of it, then had to finish taxes...
that sucks....seems both baseball and softball...heck even gymnastics...all were doing really well...then "faltered" at the end...

Men's Gym got 2nd (but were ranked #1 and undefeated through the whole reg season)
Women's Gym were undefeated...ranked 4th...ended p 3rd...

softball is starting to struggle and baseball 16-0 to 26-8

Judged sports are too painful to follow. The men took 3 individual titles, yet were 2nd. Stanford benefited from "opinion" and that is so difficult to accept after such a tremendous year. I acknowledge "opinion" got them there but you know what they say about opinions...

SoonerHoops
If we had that kind of intensity and attention to detail every inning, we would be an extremely good baseball team

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 07:53 PM
****...foul ball

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 07:58 PM
Hard to believe just 3 conference series' left. We need this game.

Soonerjeepman
4/17/2011, 07:59 PM
Judged sports are too painful to follow. The men took 3 individual titles, yet were 2nd. Stanford benefited from "opinion" and that is so difficult to accept after such a tremendous year. I acknowledge "opinion" got them there but you know what they say about opinions...

yup...

love your name...man, I remember and loved his bandana's....color of the opposing team...

SoonerHoops
It sounds like there's a female OSU fan doing the time tested "Hey batter batter SWING!". Awesome

Lott's Bandana
Great time to steal...aggy was sleeping on that one.

oulucas
4/17/2011, 08:01 PM
Why didn't Reine start tonight?

SoonerHoops
4/17/2011, 08:02 PM
Why didn't Reine start tonight?

Probably because he can't hit right now.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 08:03 PM
B10 still tied

BlackwellSooner
4/17/2011, 08:03 PM
Going to bottom of the 10th, we need D and hope that our infielders can get the job done... due to Sunny's last coaching move....

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 08:04 PM
yup...

love your name...man, I remember and loved his bandana's....color of the opposing team...

Thanks...that was my era at OU. I remember those days fondly.

1979 team may have been one of the best ever, yet came 4 yards away from perhaps winning what then would have been #6.

FirstAndGoalOU
4/17/2011, 08:05 PM

oulucas
4/17/2011, 08:05 PM
Probably because he can't hit right now.

Good point

ouboomer1
4/17/2011, 08:06 PM
rats was hoping Reine could work the count with Ogle due up after him....But the panda was swinging away.....

Soonerjeepman
4/17/2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks...that was my era at OU. I remember those days fondly.

1979 team may have been one of the best ever, yet came 4 yards away from perhaps winning what then would have been #6.

I was 15 then...so I was "re-occupied" ....lol....and we didn't live in Oklahoma....are you talking about Sims fumbling at neb?

oulucas
4/17/2011, 08:09 PM
Man, I really hate me some aggy

Lott's Bandana
4/17/2011, 08:10 PM
I've had a sea bass filet from White River Cafe', ready for the grill for over an hour.

I'm hungry!

Get these guys out, swing the bats and lemme ...

Dammit.

I hate puke orange to my marrow.

Sooner95
4/17/2011, 08:10 PM
Well ****... Final 11-10 Pokes in 10 in..