PDA

View Full Version : Obama hits low approval in Gallup polling

SoonerNate
4/15/2011, 02:12 PM
Hope and Change! LMAO

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147140/Obama-Job-Approval-Tying-Low.aspx

the latest Gallup Daily tracking three-day average shows 41% of Americans approving of the job Barack Obama is doing as president. That ties his low as president, which he registered three times previously -- twice in August 2010 and once in October 2010.

THANK GOD FOR TRUMP!

StoopTroup
4/15/2011, 02:18 PM
Yet the avg is 52% since taking office....

President Obama is now as unpopular as he has been at any time since he became president. He faces difficult challenges ahead in trying to improve the economy and get the federal budget deficit under control, and must do so with Republicans in control of the House. His ability to navigate these challenges will help determine whether he will be elected to a second term as president. Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and Bill Clinton all were similarly unpopular at this stage of their presidencies, but the last two were able to turn things around in time to win a second term in office.

Hilarious how you pick the stuff you like but omit the stuff that you don't.....lol

C&CDean
4/15/2011, 02:20 PM

Yet more proof that over half the people in this country are ****ing idiots.

StoopTroup
4/15/2011, 02:21 PM

Or confused as **** and looking for something better....

C&CDean
4/15/2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, that too.

3rdgensooner
4/15/2011, 02:22 PM
I've never answered a Gallup poll but I do know I am not a ****ing idiot.

SoonerNate
4/15/2011, 02:23 PM
Nothing short of a war will say this man's presidency. He can kiss 2012 goodbye.

C&CDean
4/15/2011, 02:23 PM
Obama lover!!

StoopTroup
4/15/2011, 02:24 PM
Obama lover!!

I just Love my Country Man....

http://threesecondsofdeadair.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/glenn_beck_crying.png

sappstuf
4/15/2011, 02:25 PM
Hilarious how you pick the stuff you like but omit the stuff that you don't.....lol

Big deal... You could be dead for 10 minutes and still have the body temperature you averaged in your lifetime.

Pricetag
4/15/2011, 02:25 PM
I don't even see a Kerry-level candidate from the Republicans yet. They're not going to get this one by default like they did the 2010 stuff.

C&CDean
4/15/2011, 02:26 PM
I just Love my Country Man....

http://threesecondsofdeadair.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/glenn_beck_crying.png

Bill Parcells?

KantoSooner
4/15/2011, 02:27 PM
I'd agree that Obama is in trouble, but who will the Repubs run against him? Right now the GOP has a gaggle of either raving lunatics or drooling incompetents to choose from. When Romney and Pawlenty are your form horses, folks, it's time to take your hands off your wallets and refuse that bet.

Don't count your chickens, Obama may very well win a second term; if only because he is running against the little sisters of the poor.

StoopTroup
4/15/2011, 02:31 PM
I'm leaning toward being an Independent....

http://www.foxnews.com/images/351638/0_61_kevorkian_jack.jpg

Assisted Suicide Doctor Jack Kevorkian Plans Run for Congress in Michigan

Kevorkian was released from prison last year and remains on parole. But the 79-year-old told The Oakland Press for an article published Wednesday that he plans to run for office as a candidate with no party affiliation.

"We need some honesty and sincerity instead of corrupt government in Washington," Kevorkian said.

He said he would say more about his candidacy next week.

Kevorkian lives in Oakland County and the 9th District. That's a seat now held by Republican Joe Knollenberg. Democrat Gary Peters also is among those planning to run for the seat.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337049,00.html#ixzz1JccazE4M

sappstuf
4/15/2011, 02:32 PM
I don't even see a Kerry-level candidate from the Republicans yet. They're not going to get this one by default like they did the 2010 stuff.

This is true, but Obama could be in very serious trouble.

He won both Florida and Pennsylvania when getting elected.

Right now he is underwater in both based on recent polls. 43/56 approve/disapprove in Florida and 42/52 in Pennsylvania.

If he loses both of those states, it is almost impossible for him to get reelected.

Soonerwake
4/15/2011, 02:33 PM

Great point... I see Obama being reelected almost primarily because of a lack of a Republican challenger.

Sarah Palin??
Mitt Romney??
Donald Trump??

Might as well trot Ted Nugent out there...

I see Kanto beat me to it.

OULenexaman
4/15/2011, 02:34 PM
which is how he ended up in the senate seat to start with....by default.

okie52
4/15/2011, 02:37 PM
2010 was by default...it was a vote on Obama.

I sure hope the Pubs can find a "kerry level" candidate.

StoopTroup
4/15/2011, 02:38 PM
This is true, but Obama could be in very serious trouble.

He won both Florida and Pennsylvania when getting elected.

Right now he is underwater in both based on recent polls. 43/56 approve/disapprove in Florida and 42/52 in Pennsylvania.

If he loses both of those states, it is almost impossible for him to get reelected.

We continue to ask "TO WHO?.

That's the thing.....if he's in so much trouble....who is going to make the most out of that trouble?

jk the sooner fan
4/15/2011, 02:42 PM
I'd agree that Obama is in trouble, but who will the Repubs run against him? Right now the GOP has a gaggle of either raving lunatics or drooling incompetents to choose from. When Romney and Pawlenty are your form horses, folks, it's time to take your hands off your wallets and refuse that bet.

Don't count your chickens, Obama may very well win a second term; if only because he is running against the little sisters of the poor.

his approval #'s will go up as soon as there's a clear GOP front runner

which saddens me greatly

SoonerNate
4/15/2011, 02:44 PM

That's the thing.....if he's in so much trouble....who is going to make the most out of that trouble?

Good question. They simply need to find someone with a 42% approval though. It's not that steep of a climb.

StoopTroup
4/15/2011, 02:44 PM
his approval #'s will go up as soon as there's a clear GOP front runner

which saddens me greatly

Whoever it is....they better have a damn good copy of their birth certificate....lol

SoonerNate
4/15/2011, 02:45 PM
Whoever it is....they better have a damn good copy of their birth certificate....lol

LOL. I think the reason Trump is raising hell is because he doesn't want to disclose all his biz deals. He'll say if Obama doesn't have to, then neither do I.

sappstuf
4/15/2011, 02:47 PM

I'm sure similar questions were asked in the late 70s and early 90s. Hell Clinton didn't announce running until about 13 months before he was elected.

When there is a weak president, good contenders will come. And when Obama hits the 30s in approval ratings, the sharks will smell blood. He has 2 points to go.

StoopTroup
4/15/2011, 03:00 PM
I'm sure similar questions were asked in the late 70s and early 90s. Hell Clinton didn't announce running until about 13 months before he was elected.

When there is a weak president, good contenders will come. And when Obama hits the 30s in approval ratings, the sharks will smell blood. He has 2 points to go.

Start chucking them into the tank.....I'm looking for someone who has the balls to really put Congress in it's place. The spending they do has been way out of whack since the late 70's. We need to start convincing people it's better to work in the Private Sector than to feed off the Gov't tit and then retire and go around saying what a bunch of worthless losers people are.

As it is now....folks who get out of college are told to find a Gov't Job if the private sector job they are looking for isn't out there. I even am preparing my own Kids to get as much education as they can and join the Military for the benefits and then seek to get themselves as much Education as they can get the gov't to pay for. To sacrifice when they are young and make sure they are qualified for as many things as they can to find a good job later.

soonercruiser
4/15/2011, 03:12 PM
Big deal... You could be dead for 10 minutes and still have the body temperature you averaged in your lifetime.

:D

soonercruiser
4/15/2011, 03:14 PM
I'm leaning toward being an Independent....

http://www.foxnews.com/images/351638/0_61_kevorkian_jack.jpg

Assisted Suicide Doctor Jack Kevorkian Plans Run for Congress in Michigan

Kevorkian was released from prison last year and remains on parole. But the 79-year-old told The Oakland Press for an article published Wednesday that he plans to run for office as a candidate with no party affiliation.

"We need some honesty and sincerity instead of corrupt government in Washington," Kevorkian said.

He said he would say more about his candidacy next week.

Kevorkian lives in Oakland County and the 9th District. That's a seat now held by Republican Joe Knollenberg. Democrat Gary Peters also is among those planning to run for the seat.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337049,00.html#ixzz1JccazE4M

"Kill my landlord; kill my landlord!"
:eek:

SoCaliSooner
4/15/2011, 04:00 PM
If fuel prices continue to rise to $5 or $6 a gallon, coupled with video clips of Obama's '08 campaign talking about people need fuel priced high so it forces Americans to drive less, get better cars an invest in "green" technology, and the republican candidate promises to drill...then the TelePrompTer may have a hard time.

REDREX
4/15/2011, 04:57 PM
HOW LOW CAN BARACK GO?

SoonerNate
4/15/2011, 05:14 PM
HOW LOW CAN BARACK GO?

He could rape an infant and his sycophant following kool-aid worshipers would still love him. I know a couple of them.

Sooner5030
4/15/2011, 05:18 PM
-deficits will still be high

-the debt will be larger

-more FRNs will continue to enter circulation as they are crowded outta the investment spending by printed/digitized FRNs

-corn, wheat, sugar, fuel will continue to rise (in $)

no (D) or (R) executive will ever change it because the mob will not re-elect folks that raise their taxes and cut spending. To do so would cause our GDP to contract.....it has done this every year but we inflated it with deficit spending. Find me the last year that the nominal GDP growth was larger than our deficit.

EnragedOUfan
4/15/2011, 07:28 PM
I like Obama.......

I'm all for any President who is willing to veto some garbage plan (if it makes it that far) recently proposed by Rep. Ryan thats all for cutting education.........I guess eff education and eff clean air. Talk about garbage. Its sad actually.

2121Sooner
4/15/2011, 07:39 PM
I am just happy that Obama has accounted for every penny in our budget......that is what is important

Aint it Karl?

EnragedOUfan
4/15/2011, 07:42 PM
Start chucking them into the tank.....I'm looking for someone who has the balls to really put Congress in it's place. The spending they do has been way out of whack since the late 70's. We need to start convincing people it's better to work in the Private Sector than to feed off the Gov't tit and then retire and go around saying what a bunch of worthless losers people are.

As it is now....folks who get out of college are told to find a Gov't Job if the private sector job they are looking for isn't out there. I even am preparing my own Kids to get as much education as they can and join the Military for the benefits and then seek to get themselves as much Education as they can get the gov't to pay for. To sacrifice when they are young and make sure they are qualified for as many things as they can to find a good job later.

Smart man. I was Enlisted once.....gained some valuable job skills that could land me a job for the FAA or DOD, earned an Associate's degree while on Active Duty, been around the US plus 15 different countries.......I'm back in OKC on a military scholarship attending ROTC to earn that butter bar. Not mention, I still have my MGI Bill that I'm still entitled to, and I'm eligible for both Post 9/11(Ch. 33) or Chapter 30......I have a little more time to serve in order to be able to transfer my MGI Bill to my dependents (which will be my daughter). I highly encourage anyone who is eligible to join the military.

Partial Qualifier
4/15/2011, 08:08 PM
He could rape an infant and his sycophant following kool-aid worshipers would still love him. I know a couple of them.

But it's not really 'love', it's the psychotic level of their need to never admit they were wrong as wrong can be. Hillary is 10x the man this guy is.

Partial Qualifier
4/15/2011, 08:18 PM
.I'm looking for someone who has the balls to really put Congress in it's place. The spending they do has been way out of whack since the late 70's.

Can't agree more. Somebody who doesn't have an agenda, just some dude who plays to the citizens and calls these career politicians out publicly. A governmental enema, so to speak :)

Chuck Bao
4/15/2011, 08:21 PM

We may be ****ing idiots, but the people bashing President Obama can't decide which thumb to put up their butt and which thumb to suck and they keep getting confused and switching them.

A Sooner in Texas
4/15/2011, 09:57 PM
We may be ****ing idiots, but the people bashing President Obama can't decide which thumb to put up their butt and which thumb to suck and they keep getting confused and switching them.

This may be your #1 post of all time, Chuck.

Leroy Lizard
4/15/2011, 10:04 PM
We may be ****ing idiots, but the people bashing President Obama can't decide which thumb to put up their butt and which thumb to suck

At this point you had the rhythm down

and they keep getting confused and switching them.

And at this point you screwed it up. Another catchy statement fouled up by overexplaining. Sigh.

Boarder
4/16/2011, 12:03 AM
At this point you had the rhythm down

And at this point you screwed it up. Another catchy statement fouled up by overexplaining. Sigh.
I disagree. The added visual of a basher switching thumbs in confusion and then recoiling from the foul taste is a perfect subtle slam at their overall viewpoint of "angry, but they don't really know why." Bravo Chuck, Bravo indeed.

Leroy Lizard
4/16/2011, 12:26 AM
I disagree. The added visual of a basher switching thumbs in confusion and then recoiling from the foul taste is a perfect subtle slam at their overall viewpoint of "angry, but they don't really know why." Bravo Chuck, Bravo indeed.

But explaining the joke sabotages the subtelty of his argument. It's like explaining a joke before the audience gets a chance to laugh. Sorry, I just think his technique is so droll.

AlboSooner
4/16/2011, 01:18 AM
Nothing short of a war will say this man's presidency. He can kiss 2012 goodbye.

You have to admit, the republicans don't have anybody who can for sure beat him. Most likely, Obama will be reelected, then the republicans will win the presidency.

CrimsonCream
4/16/2011, 01:33 PM

That is a sad but true fact.

It is beyond reason or logic that any independent thinking person would still continue to support this guy other than the brown banana eaters and the fringe left Loons.

The only thing that Obama cares about being President is he can say, "I'm President of the United States" and have everybody kiss his @ss. Everything else he has pretty much f*cked up.

Here we are in three wars, high unemployment, $14.3 trillion deficit, nearing the debt ceiling, etc., and where is the Sleazebag? In Chicago running for reelection.

This guy makes Carter look good.

pphilfran
4/16/2011, 04:03 PM
You have to admit, the republicans don't have anybody who can for sure beat him. Most likely, Obama will be reelected, then the republicans will win the presidency.

It all depends on the economy...if it is still in the chitter Porky Pig could be the next POTUS...

sappstuf
4/16/2011, 04:26 PM
It all depends on the economy...if it is still in the chitter Porky Pig could be the next POTUS...

Speaking of the economy, this is a funny video of freshman Repub House member trying to get a straight answer from the EPA on if they score the impact of jobs from their regulations.

tHlWdZgJcRY&

ouwasp
4/16/2011, 05:47 PM
Well, the BHO machine can take the Left Coast and NY/New England for granted in the Electoral college. Probably IL and Mich as well. That's a long ways towards victory...

Probably come down to OH, PA and FL again.

But then, the GOP has to run a viable candidate!

What about the governor of Louisiana? Bobby Jindel.

MamaMia
4/16/2011, 06:36 PM

Don't count your chickens, Obama may very well win a second term; if only because he is running against the little sisters of the poor.I'm liking Michele Bachmann these days. I think she could beat Obama head on.

hawaii 5-0
4/16/2011, 08:53 PM
I'm liking Michele Bachmann these days. I think she could beat Obama head on.

OH, how quick you turn your back on Sarah Palin.

Well, you're O fer 2. Try for 3 in a row and pick Trump?

5-0

Trump/ Snookie 2012

SoonerNate
4/16/2011, 09:05 PM
That is a sad but true fact.

It is beyond reason or logic that any independent thinking person would still continue to support this guy other than the brown banana eaters and the fringe left Loons.

The only thing that Obama cares about being President is he can say, "I'm President of the United States" and have everybody kiss his @ss. Everything else he has pretty much f*cked up.

Here we are in three wars, high unemployment, $14.3 trillion deficit, nearing the debt ceiling, etc., and where is the Sleazebag? In Chicago running for reelection.

This guy makes Carter look good.

It's a complete nightmare. You forgot to add $4.00+ gasoline.

soonercruiser
4/16/2011, 09:58 PM

Good idea!
If I were the opposition candidate, I would bring my birth certificate to the first debate. No! Make that the last debate!

soonercruiser
4/16/2011, 10:04 PM
Smart man. I was Enlisted once.....gained some valuable job skills that could land me a job for the FAA or DOD, earned an Associate's degree while on Active Duty, been around the US plus 15 different countries.......I'm back in OKC on a military scholarship attending ROTC to earn that butter bar. Not mention, I still have my MGI Bill that I'm still entitled to, and I'm eligible for both Post 9/11(Ch. 33) or Chapter 30......I have a little more time to serve in order to be able to transfer my MGI Bill to my dependents (which will be my daughter). I highly encourage anyone who is eligible to join the military.

Not a good idea.
All the lemmings on this site will call you out for "sucking on the government's tit".

Thanks for your service.
Sounds like you are hard working, and taking advantage of all the opportunities out there.
Wish more Americans had your "get up and go"!

soonercruiser
4/16/2011, 10:08 PM
OH, how quick you turn your back on Sarah Palin.

Well, you're O fer 2. Try for 3 in a row and pick Trump?
5-0
Trump/ Snookie 2012

Try a man.
5-0 hates women!
(Except Nanci Peeloski)
:P

REDREX
4/16/2011, 10:36 PM
Prosser wins the Wisconsin Supreme Court vote---- Ed Schultz head will probably explode :O

SoonerNate
4/17/2011, 12:39 AM
Prosser wins the Wisconsin Supreme Court vote---- Ed Schultz head will probably explode :O

I hope that SOB gets cancer of the eyes. I hate that man.

And thanks libs. First you take away channelsurfing and now my online poker.

Go to hell.

diverdog
4/17/2011, 08:00 AM
I hope that SOB gets cancer of the eyes. I hate that man.

And thanks libs. First you take away channelsurfing and now my online poker.

Go to hell.

Incorrect

Feds issue rule aimed at Internet gambling ban

The Bush administration issued a final regulation Wednesday aimed at banning Internet gambling, drawing criticism from Democrats who mentioned it would burden financial companies.

The rule from the Treasury Department and Federal Reserve needs those companies to resolve procedures to prevent payments in connection with unlawful Internet gambling. They would be expected to comply by Dec. 1, 2009.

The chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., had inquired the Treasury this week not to move ahead now, saying it would "burden the financial services industry at a time of economic emergency."

The rule doesn't define "unlawful Internet gambling." That has been an issue since Republicans pushed by ways of the law that the new rule puts in place, by attaching it to a port safety bill in 2006.

The law sought to curb online gambling by prohibiting financial institutions from accepting payments from credit cards, verifies or electronic fund transfers to settle online wagers. But the law didn't offer an understandable definition of Internet gambling, as a replacement referring to existing federal and state laws, which themselves provoke differing interpretations.

Banks and other financial institutions complained they were being forced into a law enforcement role when Congress couldn't even define what behavior it was trying to prevent. Payments are complicated to track anyway and online gambling companies can disguise themselves with relative ease.

EnragedOUfan
4/17/2011, 10:04 AM
Not a good idea.
All the lemmings on this site will call you out for "sucking on the government's tit".

Thanks for your service.
Sounds like you are hard working, and taking advantage of all the opportunities out there.
Wish more Americans had your "get up and go"!

I appreciate it....

SanJoaquinSooner
4/17/2011, 10:14 AM
His approval ratings now don't mean much. Kinda like the score in a basketball game at halftime.

CrimsonCream
4/17/2011, 10:25 AM
You forgot to add $4.00+ gasoline.

Actually, if it wasn't for the corrupt, vile and biased Media then this @ssclown would never have been elected to begin with. This guy is a liar and a racist.

Where is the Media outrage over $4.00 gasoline? The corrupt Media vilified Bush for everything. Remember running out of flu vaccine and the Media said it was Bush's fault? Remember the daily running count of military deaths? Where are they now? Etc.

Trump? He's just saying what a lot of people are thinking. Can he be elected? No. But he'll make someone stand up, grab Obama by the nuts and call bullsh*t on his lies, distortions and half truths. McCain was a wimp.

SoonerNate
4/17/2011, 05:43 PM
Actually, if it wasn't for the corrupt, vile and biased Media then this @ssclown would never have been elected to begin with. This guy is a liar and a racist.

Where is the Media outrage over $4.00 gasoline? The corrupt Media vilified Bush for everything. Remember running out of flu vaccine and the Media said it was Bush's fault? Remember the daily running count of military deaths? Where are they now? Etc.

Trump? He's just saying what a lot of people are thinking. Can he be elected? No. But he'll make someone stand up, grab Obama by the nuts and call bullsh*t on his lies, distortions and half truths. McCain was a wimp.

I agree and it makes my head want to explode.