PDA

View Full Version : Report says ORU assistant coming to OU

badger
4/15/2011, 12:28 PM
Interesting...

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110415_92_0_NORMAN700509)

Chris Crutchfield, an assistant at Oral Roberts the past four seasons, is leaving the Golden Eagles to join Lon Kruger's staff at Oklahoma, the Tulsa World has learned.

Crutchfield joins Lew Hill and Steve Henson, who both came with Kruger from UNLV, on the Sooners' bench.

How many assistant coaches are you allowed to have in college basketball?

TumbleweedDoom
4/15/2011, 12:58 PM
Three, although that's just official. The guys that are listed as "Video Coordinator" and other fanciful titles are usually nothing less than assistant coaches.

badger
4/15/2011, 01:31 PM
Three, although that's just official. The guys that are listed as "Video Coordinator" and other fanciful titles are usually nothing less than assistant coaches.

There's a rule about direct instruction to players though, correct? Unless you're an official assistant or the head coach, no direct talk about basketball to players? I remember reading something about that in regard to Sean Sutton at ORU not being an official assistant... hey, guess there's room for Sean to become his bro's assistant now if that's what they want to do, hehe :)

Does anyone know anything about Chris Crutchfield? Style of play, recruiting, where he went to school, is he a nice guy or a big meanie, etc?

TumbleweedDoom
4/15/2011, 02:45 PM
I think if they're officially on staff, then they can interact with players however they want during practices and games. Sean Sutton isn't officially on staff ... but a "video coordinator" is. If that's still not the case, then I know firsthand of Big 12 coaches breaking that rule.

yankee
4/15/2011, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know anything about Chris Crutchfield? Style of play, recruiting, where he went to school, is he a nice guy or a big meanie, etc?

http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17000&ATCLID=1256512

SoonerMom2
4/15/2011, 05:05 PM
Coaching ties in TX and OK got him job would be my guess.