PDA

View Full Version : Travis being Travis

badger
4/15/2011, 11:28 AM
Have fun reading this :)

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?Its_springtime_in_Norman_and_Travi s_Lewis_bravado_is_in_full_bloom/12-11180)

If they thought they would be toning him down a bit by putting him on Team Red, hehehehehelolololol

badger
4/15/2011, 11:32 AM
This (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100418_92_B1_NORMAN799722) was last year:

"I want my steak medium," linebacker Travis Lewis said. "I keep asking what they want on their hot dogs and them beans. This will go on for all year. Every day I will remind them of this."

Lewis strolled around in an all-white ensemble — white ball cap, white jumpsuit, white T-shirt, white shoes and some garish dark sunglasses — before and after the game.

If he doesn't have a nickname yet, Travis should just be known as "Hot Dog" :P

A video of his postgame interview here. (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/Travis-Lewis-Captain-Trash-Talk-195897)

bornnbredou
4/15/2011, 11:37 AM
easily one of my favorite players in the stoops era, dude has so much character and backs up what he says, at least most of the time. hes a GAMER!

jumperstop
4/15/2011, 11:37 AM
Can you post text from article? Have to have an account when using my phone.

jumperstop
4/15/2011, 11:39 AM
easily one of my favorite players in the stoops era, dude has so much character and backs up what he says, at least most of the time. hes a GAMER!

Sometimes to me he seems cocky and gives opponents bulletin board material. Just got to back it up I guess.

badger
4/15/2011, 11:40 AM

In general I try to give the various sites their traffic, but I can make an exception for your iPhone :)

Travis Lewis owned the 2010 Red-White Game. He predicted a Whitewash, if you will, a shutout. Then it happened, 23-0, and Lewis showed up for postgame interviews in head-to-toe white.

Maybe Oklahoma coaches made Lewis the Red team's captain this year to try to tone him down. Maybe they wanted a more civil spring game, and figured the senior linebacker couldn't deck out in red.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Thank goodness.

For the second straight year, Lewis has arrived to single-handedly rescue one of the most mundane events on the football calendar. He sauntered into the media room after practice Thursday night, drew attention to his red St. Louis Cardinals ballcap, and started yapping.

"They tried to make me Red team because they thought I didn't have something. But I've already got the hat. Y'all see it. I'm reppin'! I'm reppin'! The outfit is picked out. I'm gonna have it dry-cleaned and pressed, ready for action."

Someone suggested the Red team, on paper, was better.

"We are," Lewis fired back.

All credit, obviously, goes to the captain/player/coach who picked the team.

"It was like the war room in the NFL. I had draft boards," Lewis said. "Cause I know the players. I know offense and defense. I know who can get it on both sides… I made it work. I picked dogs."

He meant that in the most flattering sense.

"They tried to cheat me," Lewis kept on. "Coach Stoops and my coach, Coach Venables, they're tight like this. And (Venables) thought he was coaching the Red squad, and he ended up coaching the White squad. And now he's trying to take some players from us. He's got excuses. Tell him about that. Tell him Travis said you're taking players. You're cheating."

Lewis was reminded the word he used last year was "shutout."

"Quote this," he said. "Put it in big words in the paper. Put it in big bright words. Red words, of course. Travis Lewis is predicting another shutout.

"Yeah, I've never lost a spring game. I'm just sayin'. I'm a gamer, a GAMER! All this spring ball, it's all fun. But put some fans around me, put us on different sidelines, and unleash me.

"I put the paper in front of me, and I said, 'I want all the dogs.' And I picked a winning team. They've got Coach Lewis picking players. That's a winning combination."

-- Guerin Emig

rekamrettuB
4/15/2011, 11:42 AM

Got ninja'd by Badger.

bornnbredou
4/15/2011, 11:43 AM
Sometimes to me he seems cocky and gives opponents bulletin board material. Just got to back it up I guess.

thats the thing, he is a cocky meffer but i cant think of a time yet that he hasnt backed it up.
Last years spring game he backed it up, against isu last year he called the shutout and came through, im not sure if theyll get a shutout this year in the red/white game but even if they dont and hold them down pretty good ill give it to him.

jumperstop
4/15/2011, 11:45 AM
Funny stuff, thanks badger.

badger
4/15/2011, 11:47 AM
More Travis from last year here. (http://normantranscript.com/sports/x1270806483/Wanting-to-win-annual-spring-game-had-players-attention)

Even though Travis is from San Antonio, NP in the past has not really liked Travis' constant talking, but he really, really has his moments with the media and for the fans. I bet he still sleeps with his golden RRS hat... or that little Fiesta Bowl trophy topper that he cuddled with after that win :)

jumperstop
4/15/2011, 11:50 AM
thats the thing, he is a cocky meffer but i cant think of a time yet that he hasnt backed it up.
Last years spring game he backed it up, against isu last year he called the shutout and came through, im not sure if theyll get a shutout this year in the red/white game but even if they dont and hold them down pretty good ill give it to him.

I just think all the MNC talk from him about next year when this year was barely over is just bad joo joo. I'm one for walk softly and carry a big stick...

KantoSooner
4/15/2011, 12:04 PM
I'd really like to see him come through like Bosworth against texas. That was so sweet.

MojoRisen
4/15/2011, 12:05 PM
I'll take the swagger! I remember Florida guys saying the would hold us bellow 16 points - we were all like pfft.... yeah right bulletin board baby !! :)

If he can back it up and play with High Enthusiastic Energy as the field General you better believe people feed off of that and ultimately play better.

oudavid1
4/15/2011, 01:05 PM
Im sorry, but he is my favorite #28.

soonerboomer93
4/15/2011, 03:00 PM
I've always been a fan of the #28 and Pei Changs

Excellent tender meat and nice spices

badger
4/15/2011, 03:03 PM
#28 is turning into a special number, from the AP's to the AD's to the... Hot Dogs? :O

Or whatever we decide to nickname Travis. T-Lew sucks. No more T-Lew. "Gamer" would also work, based on that quote of his:

I'm a gamer, a GAMER!

KantoSooner
4/15/2011, 03:18 PM
We can call him 'Butt Kicker Jones' just so long as he makes those nice, soul draining stops for no gain or 1-3 yard losses that kill an offense.

How about 'Three Downs And Out Lewis'?

NorCal Sooner
4/15/2011, 04:01 PM
Travis has fun, and his trash talk never seems too malicious. Seems like a good dude.

cjames317
4/15/2011, 04:11 PM
I'd really like to see him come through like Bosworth against texas. That was so sweet.

I bet he still craps himself whenever he sees the number 44.

VA Sooner
4/15/2011, 04:16 PM
I can't wait to see this game. Ha! Thanks Travis!!

CBUS_SOONER
4/15/2011, 04:32 PM
He didnt look good n space attempting to cover some of misery's guys. I guess I 'll take em though

OUthunder
4/15/2011, 07:02 PM
heh.

badger
4/16/2011, 10:02 PM
Apparently steaks were once again up for grabs for the winning team compared with more hot dogs and beans, heh.

Travis hasn't been quoted saying anything too weird yet... speaking of weird, I hope you all saw Wortworth's new haircut :eek:

MamaMia
4/17/2011, 01:45 AM
Travis makes football more fun. :D

usaosooner
4/17/2011, 11:23 AM
Mouth of the South