PDA

View Full Version : The Final Polls Will Be ... Top Ten

JLEW1818
4/14/2011, 10:36 AM
more offseason junk... decent read

1. LSU 11-1 The Spring Call: The simplified offense will be just good enough to get by a tough first half of the season, but Alabama will drop a hammer at home in the national game of the year. The Tigers will be off to the SEC Championship and will win the title and will be off to the national title … but it won’t always be pretty. It’ll take Death Valley wars against Florida and Arkansas, along with the season opener against Oregon in Dallas, to get into the position to win it all.

2. Oklahoma 11-1 The Spring Call: The Sooners are always good for a mysterious clunker, possibly at Kansas State, but the schedule works out well. A loss at Florida State will knock them off their preseason No. 1 spot, but that will be it for the rest of the regular season as they roll through the slate until a wild shootout at Oklahoma State. OU will survive and will go on to the national title.

3. Oregon 11-1 The Spring Call: Oregon might have to replace several starters, but the talent level is higher. The key parts are back on offense to rip everyone apart again, but the key to the season could come right away facing LSU in Dallas with the winner being cemented in the top three all year. The Pac-12 slate works out well with winnable road games at Arizona, Colorado, and Washington before the North showdown against Stanford.

4. Alabama 10-2 The Spring Call: Everything will be in place to win the national title, but the Tide will run into a fired up Florida team in Gainesville. Mississippi State, with a scrimmage against UT Martin the week before to rest up, will come up with a huge home win the week after Bama beats LSU.

5. Florida 10-2 The Spring Call: The Gators will lose at South Carolina and won’t get past LSU in Death Valley, but they’ll pull off the biggest win in the early part of the Will Muschamp era in a battle with Alabama, they’ll get by Auburn on the road, and they’ll have everything in place in the season finale against Florida State.

6. Boise State 11-1 The Spring Call: It all comes down to yet another statement-making season opener. Georgia will be desperate and will come up with the win in Atlanta, and then the Broncos will roll from there with the three toughest games – Nevada, Air Force, and TCU – at home. No, Fresno State won’t beat Boise at home.

7. TCU 11-1 The Spring Call: TCU will be rebuilding, there are plenty of dangerous games against teams like Air Force and San Diego State on the road, but none of it will matter. The Horned Frogs will be great once again and will rebound in a hurry, and then will come the showdown of showdowns on the blue turf. Boise State will come through with the Mountain West winner to ruin the Horned Frog dream season.

8. South Carolina 9-3 The Spring Call: Even with Stephen Garcia’s issues, this will still be everyone’s hot team coming into the season … and it’ll clunk early on at Georgia. The Gamecocks will start sneaking back into the SEC race before losing at Mississippi State and at Arkansas. The win over Florida in the SEC finale won’t be enough to win the East, but the respect will be there with a win over the Gators to get into the top ten.

9. Ohio State 10-2 The Spring Call: The suspensions and the drama will be a problem at some point. Without all the issues, the Buckeyes would have had the make-up to run the table, but going to Nebraska when everyone comes back will be an inconsistent loss, and yeah, here’s the early call … Michigan wins at home. (Fine, so the pick might change in a huge flip-flop.)

10. Oklahoma State 9-3 The Spring Call: The offense will keep on rolling even without offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen, and it’ll show in firefights against Arizona, Tulsa, and Texas A&M early on. Back-to-back road losses at Texas and Missouri will end Big 12 title hopes, while the signature game will come in a heartbreaking shootout loss against Oklahoma.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1062253.html

85sooners
4/14/2011, 11:00 AM
:texan: Where is tejas

KantoSooner
4/14/2011, 11:05 AM
Baja Oklahoma? Probly somewhere between 10-20 end of season. Of course, they could surprise and go 5-7 again and vie with Old Dominion for the coveted #75 spot.

agoo758
4/14/2011, 12:06 PM
My (sort of) bold tradition. 2011 Florida will = 2010 Texas. New unproven coach, less than impressive quarterback, and not a whole lot seems to improve from last year. I will not be surprised if they are fighting for a bowl game at the end of the season.

LakeRat
4/14/2011, 12:56 PM
My (sort of) bold tradition. 2011 Florida will = 2010 Texas. New unproven coach, less than impressive quarterback, and not a whole lot seems to improve from last year. I will not be surprised if they are fighting for a bowl game at the end of the season.

This is their coaches second season. Lots of coaches have been doing some pretty impressive stuff in that second season.

NormanPride
4/14/2011, 01:01 PM
MNC = OU over Bois Estate.

badger
4/14/2011, 01:36 PM
Haha, four SEC teams in the top 10, huh? And two of them with two losses and one with three, huh huh.

Mark my words, this is when all of the sleeziness that has made us hate all the S-E-C! S-E-C! talk for years finally catches up to them and they will have ONE team in the top ten, just the champ.

1- More problems from high coaching turnover. The mad rush to change coaches at the first sign of no crystal ball (or illnesses that aren't severe enough to not take ESPN jobs) will start to show it's ugly face as programs without longterm stability are more prone to NCAA violations (short cuts for quick fixes and quick success) and fan backlash and impatience, especially when accompanied by big salaries. Of course, it will be solved by more coaching turnover :les:

2- Off-field issues will result in larger penalties. Fed up with university embarrassment caused by the athletic side damaging the reputation of budding scholars and prestige worldwide or whatever, look for more non-athletic involvement in punishments involving the athletic side of things. Not necessarily players, but anything athletic involving fraud, breaking rules, breaking laws or just looking too stupid to be associated with higher education will result in more non-athletic officials getting their grubby paws on SEC athletics.

3- Endless media exposure exposes more weaknesses than strengths. The almighty S-E-C, the media darling of college football, will no longer be adored from all angles, but instead critized. No longer will the argument be "baww, they're all so strong and it's such a tough road!" but rather, no forgiveness and a lot more scrutiny every time a suspension, fine, or even a 15-yard flag is thrown. "Undisciplined" will be a popular word during broadcasts.

4- An anti-fan money-related scam will be magnified, thanks to these harsh economic times. My bet is on a ticket scandal. Many college football fans out there aren't billionaire boosters like Boone and will the public sentiment will be largely sympathetic toward those being taken advantage of for a game they love with the little money they have. As such, those responsible and university(or universities) related to the scam will be basically hung out to dry by their peers, resulting in even greater penalties for their lack of oversight... which admittedly, they have had issues with for awhile now anyway.

5- A fan does something even dumber than the Auburn Oak "prank." Think the Dodger fan getting beat up by Giants fans was bad? It will pale in comparison to what will go down this season when these serious, hardcore college football fans take their fandom waaaaaay over the line and don't even realize that they've done something so terribly wrong till they're in standing before a judge saying "But it's a rivalry, your honor." Because of the Auburn oak, I would have to say that it will be a Auburn "fan" that no Auburn fan that we have on our fark board and love hanging out will would ever want to call one of their own to begin with. The excuse will be "revenge for Toomer's corner."

OK, so I am probably thinking worst-case scenario for these all, but really, considering that it's the SEC, are any of these far fetched?

The Maestro
4/14/2011, 01:39 PM
Sure wish picking OU to lose a game they shouldn't wasn't a legitimate argument...but it is.

MiccoMacey
4/14/2011, 01:51 PM
This is their coaches second season. Lots of coaches have been doing some pretty impressive stuff in that second season.

I think this'll be Muschamp's first year at Florida. Unless I'm reading this wrong.

NormanPride
4/14/2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah, last year was Meyer's finale.

JLEW1818
4/14/2011, 02:08 PM
is tebow not gonna text message play calls from Denver?

texaspokieokie
4/14/2011, 03:40 PM
Badger;
i think you got the Dodger/Giant thing backwards.

badger
4/14/2011, 03:55 PM
Badger;
i think you got the Dodger/Giant thing backwards.

probably. i still think robin yount plays for my beloved loser brewers :P

Jacie
4/14/2011, 04:52 PM
How does Florida State miss out on the Top 10 after they beat OU?

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 08:06 PM

They were absorbed by Mexico.

sendbaht
4/14/2011, 10:16 PM

It's all Texas A&M now...texas is way in the back seat...

sendbaht
4/14/2011, 10:17 PM
How does Florida State miss out on the Top 10 after they beat OU?

I was thinking the same thing jacie...

soonerloyal
4/14/2011, 11:00 PM
I'd put FSU in Bama or Florida's spot in that poll.

Interesting that none of the teams gets by with an unblemished record in that projection. I'd hope for Oklahoma to be the single exception to that on Jan. 10, 2012.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/15/2011, 07:48 AM
I don't think we lose at FSU. And if we do, I think we probably drop another game.
We know that it's highly unlikely that we lose at home, but I guess the streak has to end somewhere. The Texas A&M game will be one of the only realistic chances for us to lose at home.
Toughest game will be @ Ok St.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/15/2011, 07:54 AM
NO WAY a 3 loss okie lite team will be above a 2 loss big10, ACC, PAC12...etc

texaspokieokie
4/15/2011, 08:46 AM
They were absorbed by Mexico.

tejas IS being absorbed by Mexico.

Jacie
4/15/2011, 09:30 AM
tejas IS being absorbed by Mexico.

Truth to the rumor that QB's at all Texas schools must be bilingual when calling the play at the LOS?

texaspokieokie
4/15/2011, 09:32 AM
Truth to the rumor that QB's at all Texas schools must be bilingual when calling the play at the LOS?

only if they want the whole offense to comprehend.

Flagstaffsooner
4/15/2011, 10:36 AM
Oops, sorry, I flushed.:texan:

Leroy Lizard
4/15/2011, 11:30 AM

Hut uno!

Hut dos!