PDA

View Full Version : Duke von Schamann - saw him pitch here yesterday

NMSooner'80
4/14/2011, 10:06 AM
He wound up getting the win in middle relief. I thought his pitch counts were a bit high, but he threw a decent game in relief of Tech's starter against UNM.

How was he as a prospect coming out of Edmond Santa Fe a couple of years ago? I know OU can't take every legacy out there, but I was just curious.

I know he also pitched in that ESPNU game against OU not quite two weeks ago. Was his dad at the game?

bcolston15
4/14/2011, 12:13 PM
7.88 ERA in 16 IP. 27 hits allowed and a .377 BA against.

You must have seen his good outing for the year.

He pitched 2.2 innings in Norman and gave up 3 runs on 3 hits. Granted, none of the runs were earned.

I don't think he was a guy we were going to offer any scholarship money. I'm sure we would've loved to have him as a walkon, though. Similar to Dahlberg.

NMSooner'80
4/15/2011, 09:24 AM
He did bounce a few curveballs and gave up a bomb that is still passing over Santa Fe as we speak. But he did hang in long enough for Tech to get into the Lobos' bullpen with guys who hadn't pitched in awhile.

Last year's Lobo team smacked TT around pretty well here. They are so young it's like watching a JC team play. They only have one senior back from that NCAA regional team, and it shows. When OU comes back here to play next spring, they should be a lot better. But I still expect OU to dominate them, home or away.

By the way, was there a Von Foot sighting in Norman that weekend? I'm sure he rooted for TT because of his son, but I'll also bet that's a weird feeling to do that.

rysooner
4/15/2011, 11:03 AM
He did bounce a few curveballs and gave up a bomb that is still passing over Santa Fe as we speak. But he did hang in long enough for Tech to get into the Lobos' bullpen with guys who hadn't pitched in awhile.

Last year's Lobo team smacked TT around pretty well here. They are so young it's like watching a JC team play. They only have one senior back from that NCAA regional team, and it shows. When OU comes back here to play next spring, they should be a lot better. But I still expect OU to dominate them, home or away.

By the way, was there a Von Foot sighting in Norman that weekend? I'm sure he rooted for TT because of his son, but I'll also bet that's a weird feeling to do that.

I was looking for him, but didn't spot him. Of course, that doesn't mean he wasn't there...

C&CDean
4/15/2011, 01:10 PM
I doubt Uwe would root for Tech against OU. Yes, he'd root for his son, but not Tech.

NMSooner'80
4/18/2011, 01:38 PM
Speaking of the Lobos, they got swept at home by Utah. They probably won't even get to 20 wins this season, after going to the NCAA regional last year in Fullerton. They are young, but this is pretty much shocking to the locals. I wish I could see their series in Norman this year, but my folks are coming out here for something else and I can't make the trip.