PDA

View Full Version : RAISE TAX ON MILLIONAIRES

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 05:46 PM
WSJ Poll.

81% for raising taxes

17% nor for raising taxes

2% undecided

What don't the Republicans understand about that?

Eric Cantor, Jeb Hensarling, John Boehner all call it class warfare by the Dems but it's the American People that are calling for it. I don't think it was mistake to put the Republicans in power in the House....I just think they are continuing to make a mistake about why they were elected and what to do when they got there.

mgsooner
4/13/2011, 05:54 PM
I only make 2 mil per so I'd be fine with a tax on those making 3 mil and up

olevetonahill
4/13/2011, 05:55 PM
Aint arguing one way or tother. But just cause a Majority want something dont make it right. Look at Cal and their Gay marriage ban.

OUHOMER
4/13/2011, 05:57 PM
Damn, I dont want to be a millionaire now.:(

Turd_Ferguson
4/13/2011, 05:58 PM
Aint arguing one way or tother. But just cause a Majority want something dont make it right. Look at Cal and their Gay marriage ban.so your FOR gay marriage?

2121Sooner
4/13/2011, 06:01 PM
"For those based upon need, by those based upon ability"
- stooptroup's economic and political philosophy

bigfatjerk
4/13/2011, 06:09 PM
What the democrats want to do is raise taxes enough to get raise revenues 3% of GDP from around 18% to 21%

I said this in an earlier post if you raised all the revenues of those that make 250k or more which the democrats call rich to 100% you can only get 1.5 trillion dollars max. That's if you get all the money from those groups.

How is 3% going to really change anything if 80% doesn't cover the 3.5 trillion we got in debt for this year?

Raising taxes changes nothing unless we a cut large amount of spending. And far larger than either party is really thinking about.

Turd_Ferguson
4/13/2011, 06:12 PM
What the democrats want to do is raise taxes enough to get raise revenues 3% of GDP from around 18% to 21%

I said this in an earlier post if you raised all the revenues of those that make 250k or more which the democrats call rich to 100% you can only get 1.5 trillion dollars max. That's if you get all the money from those groups.

How is 3% going to really change anything if 80% doesn't cover the 3.5 trillion we got in debt for this year?

Raising taxes changes nothing unless we a large amount of spending. And far larger than either party is really thinking about.I'm not don't under can't stand understand.

olevetonahill
4/13/2011, 06:24 PM
I'm not don't under can't stand understand.

Have another Bro it will all be clear then
http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/495.jpg

AlboSooner
4/13/2011, 06:28 PM
Millionaires have it so rough.
This is probably a naive view but I think the way to reduce debt is too spend a lot less, and tax more those who benefited the most from govt spending, e.i war profiteers, big banks, people in Congress, and the potus and his cabinet.

lexsooner
4/13/2011, 06:29 PM
WSJ Poll.

81% for raising taxes

2% undecided

Eric Cantor, Jeb Hensarling, John Boehner all call it class warfare by the Dems but it's the American People that are calling for it. I don't think it was mistake to put the Republicans in power in the House....I just think they are continuing to make a mistake about why they were elected and what to do when they got there.

The politicians, both parties, care first and foremost what the influential (including the rich) want, not what ordinary folks like us wish. Each of us can offer up no more than one vote when they need it every two, four, or six years. The powerful and wealthy offer them the means to get the many votes they need to stay in power. The whole system is so corrupt and broken that it is discouraging even thinking about it.

bigfatjerk
4/13/2011, 06:31 PM
This is probably a naive view but I think the way to reduce debt is too spend a lot less, and tax more those who benefited the most from govt spending, e.i war profiteers, big banks, people in Congress, and the potus and his cabinet.
Forgot to put government unions in that group.

That would only make sense and be the smart way to do things. Government would be offended to be accused of doing this.

AlboSooner
4/13/2011, 06:34 PM
Forgot to put government unions in that group.

Sure. Put the unions in there too. I don't care. I still think though, in the grand scheme of things, unions don't do us as much harm as GE not paying a dime. I paid taxes this year. I didn't get a bailout. I didn't profiteer from going to war. Why do I have to pay taxes but GE doesn't?

hawaii 5-0
4/13/2011, 06:34 PM
Any valid argument for millionaires not paying more?

What, they can't get by on $700 K per year? Maybe they could actually afford an accountant.

5-0

Trump/Mazeppa 2012

Turd_Ferguson
4/13/2011, 06:38 PM
Any valid argument for millionaires not paying more?

What, they can't get by on $700 K per year? Maybe they could actually afford an accountant.

5-0

Trump/Mazeppa 2012Punishment for being successful...yeah baby!!

2121Sooner
4/13/2011, 06:40 PM
Sure. Put the unions in there too. I don't care. I still think though, in the grand scheme of things, unions don't do us as much harm as GE not paying a dime. I paid taxes this year. I didn't get a bailout. I didn't profiteer from going to war. Why do I have to pay taxes but GE doesn't?

Churches don't pay taxes

Do you have a problem with some of these huge churches not paying taxes?

AlboSooner
4/13/2011, 06:40 PM
rewards for being unsuccessful...yeah baby

Churches don't pay taxes

Do you have a problem with some of these huge churches not paying taxes?

http://www.wow-gift-baskets.com/images/products/817052.jpg

okie52
4/13/2011, 06:43 PM
WSJ Poll.

81% for raising taxes

2% undecided

Where's a link to this poll?

The dems had supermajorities for 2 years and a stated agenda to raise taxes. Instead we got extensions of the Bush tax cuts.

2121Sooner
4/13/2011, 06:52 PM
Albo, I would agree not really the same thing, but there are some churches that make MILLIONS!!!!

Why not tax them as well?

If we are taxing people for being successful, and talking about changing the tax structure on corporations (which I agree need some tweeking), why not do an overhaul and get everyone on the same playing field?

Just thinking outside the apple/orange box here.

49r
4/13/2011, 07:01 PM
Does the WSJ = the MSM? I'm never sure who is MSM and who isn't these days.

hawaii 5-0
4/13/2011, 07:03 PM
I gotta great idea.....

Instead of taxing them we should give them a nice fat tax break.

5-0

Trump/Daddy Warbucks 2012

okie52
4/13/2011, 07:03 PM
Albo, I would agree not really the same thing, but there are some churches that make MILLIONS!!!!

Why not tax them as well?

If we are taxing people for being successful, and talking about changing the tax structure on corporations (which I agree need some tweeking), why not do an overhaul and get everyone on the same playing field?

Just thinking outside the apple/orange box here.

I guess as long as all non profit charities are also taxed that would be fine.

okie52
4/13/2011, 07:04 PM
I gotta great idea.....

Instead of taxing them we should give them a nice fat tax break.

5-0

Trump/Daddy Warbucks 2012

Would that put them on the same scale as unions?

AlboSooner
4/13/2011, 07:05 PM
@ 2121

I think we should not use catch-phrases made up by a think-tank somewhere in DC which prays on false choices....

Nobody is saying "tax people for being successful." That is a dishonest tactic which makes the other side look bad. You tax more those who profit more from the system and those who can afford it more. It has nothing to do with success. GE getting bails outs, shipping jobs to China, and hiring lawyers to find loopholes it is NOT success, that's just wrong. To be fair GE is in the news because of it weird association with the chosen one, but there are many GE-like companies that support the other side.

You also cut spending. And if unions are a problem, then shut those down too. I don't care.

Let's be honest here: if you profit the most from govt spending and govt policies, then you should be paying more. Despite being "citizens" most US companies pay very little taxes. They have tons of money and spend it to brainwash people, and make the poor, people who go paycheck to paycheck, feel sorry for the 1% who rule this country. It's absurd. It's offensive to our intelligence. It's amoral. It's un-American, it's crappy capitalism.

I don't agree on your church thing, not because I'm a Christian, but because churches make their money by donations. They don't sell anything. If a pastor makes a book and sells it, then he is taxed. BTW the church pays taxes, as the church is the assembly of many people. When they individually pay taxes, the church pays taxes.

SoCaliSooner
4/13/2011, 07:07 PM
Make the more than 50% of the population that doesn't pay anything start kicking in. Make cuts in welfare to the point it really is better to get a job. Make it possible to only get one form of public assistance so people can't have welfare, section 8 housing, WIC, foodstamps, and free school lunch/breakfasts for their bottom feeding decendants. You get ONE, not all the above.

Anybody on public assistance must submit to drug testing. Anyone who gets pregnant or gets somebody pregnant while on public assistance is no longer eligible.
Anybody receiving public assistance has to work for either the city or the state in order to get paid. Make it like community service. They can work on road crews, pick up trash. The only exception is if they are pursuing education to a degree, signing up for classes and dropping them later results in disqualification.

Chuck Bao
4/13/2011, 07:11 PM

Raising taxes changes nothing unless we a cut large amount of spending. And far larger than either party is really thinking about.

You really do seem to be proving the opposite point, in that the truly wealthy own 60-70% of the wealth in the US and are not carrying their fair share of the tax burden. 100% taxes is just so ridiculous of an example. But, what happens if Congress ever gets the balls to close some of the tax loop holes? Of course, there would be pretty significant side effects. But if you are looking at the national picture, it may be worth it on a cost-benefit analysis. But truthfully speaking, I have never seen proper analysis on closing tax loop holes for the rich.

And, yeah I like saying loop holes.

AlboSooner
4/13/2011, 07:12 PM
Make the more than 50% of the population that doesn't pay anything start kicking in.....

I agree with this as well. The parasites have to start working. I've heard of many cases where people with regular jobs still collected welfare and food stamps.

You can't find a job? Then pick up the trash for the food stamps. Great idea.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 07:13 PM
"For those based upon need, by those based upon ability"
- stooptroup's economic and political philosophy

Thanks for speaking for me. You and your Brother are really good at that.

Thanks for adding something positive to the thread. I'm sure you are a real inspiration to those around you.

Okla-homey
4/13/2011, 07:16 PM
Two points:

1) If they raise taxes on the "wealthy" ( >$200K), that means me too. And I don't consider myself wealthy. In fact, I consider myself taxed to death already. In fact, me and mi esposita pay waaay more in federal income taxes than the median income in this country, by a long shot. So quit it.

2) I was never given a job by a poor guy.

Frankly, I would prefer a national sales tax in lieu of the ridiculous federal tax code so we could all feel the pain according to what we spend. That would capture a massive amount of revenue by people (legal and illegal) and companies (legal and criminal syndicates) every time they buy stuff.

Oh, and what about the fact that each poster on this Board pays more in federal taxes than the General Electric Corp (GE) pays? Hmmmm?

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 07:16 PM
Where's a link to this poll?

The dems had supermajorities for 2 years and a stated agenda to raise taxes. Instead we got extensions of the Bush tax cuts.

I saw it on Chris Matthews (The mini-Glenn Beck). I looked at the WSJ Site and didn't quickly see anything but I had to fix the Kids Dinner. I just got back. There were some other polls from Gallup too. They were more specific and I don't remember what they were about.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 07:21 PM
Two points:

1) If they raise taxes on the "wealthy" ( >$200K), that means me too. And I don't consider myself wealthy. In fact, I consider myself taxed to death already. In fact, me and mi esposita pay waaay more in federal income taxes than the median income in this country, by a long shot. So quit it.

2) I was never given a job by a poor guy.

Frankly, I would prefer a national sales tax in lieu of the ridiculous federal tax code so we could all feel the pain according to what we spend. That would capture a massive amount of revenue by people (legal and illegal) and companies (legal and criminal syndicates) every time they buy stuff.

Oh, and what about the fact that each poster on this Board pays more in federal taxes than the General Electric Corp (GE) pays? Hmmmm?

I couldn't agree more. It seems the fighting begins when we start asking one set of taxpayers to pay for stuff and let the others have a break. I'm all for a balanced tax like the old flat tax. That way folks who spend every dime instead of invest or start Businesses are the ones that pay. You want more stuff? Pay for it.

Nancy Pelosi....you want a G5 Plane? Pay for it.

Donald Trump....you want a new helicopter....pay for it.

okie52
4/13/2011, 07:22 PM
I saw it on Chris Matthews (The mini-Glenn Beck). I looked at the WSJ Site and didn't quickly see anything but I had to fix the Kids Dinner. I just got back. There were some other polls from Gallup too. They were more specific and I don't remember what they were about.

Just 3 months ago the WSJ/NBC had a poll that showed Americans were strongly in favor of extending the Bush tax cuts.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/12/15/wsjnbc-poll-shows-solid-support-for-tax-package/

AlboSooner
4/13/2011, 07:23 PM
BTW paid $61 to fill up today.

diverdog
4/13/2011, 07:23 PM
I agree with this as well. The parasites have to start working. I've heard of many cases where people with regular jobs still collected welfare and food stamps.

The 50% don't pay income taxes. That does not mean they are not subject to payroll taxes and other taxes...cigs, gas....

People are on food stamps because they do not make enough to buy food. While CEO pay has gone through the roof rank and file workers have seen their incomes eaten up by inflation.

sappstuf
4/13/2011, 07:24 PM
Why all the talk about tax increases? Call them what obama did...

spending reductions in the tax code

SoCaliSooner
4/13/2011, 07:27 PM
The 50% don't pay income taxes. That does not mean they are not subject to payroll taxes and other taxes...cigs, gas....

People are on food stamps because they do not make enough to buy food. While CEO pay has gone through the roof rank and file workers have seen their incomes eaten up by inflation.

That doesn't stop the bottom feeders from birthing more generations of welfare recipients.

AlboSooner
4/13/2011, 07:29 PM

I agree on the CEO point..

Many are on food stamps because they can be. I have tremendous empathy for those who truly can't afford it, but there is something wrong when you're on food stamps, and are quite fat as well, and have a car, and this and that, and have your nails done, and cell phone, and whatever.

Sooner5030
4/13/2011, 07:30 PM
People are on food stamps because they do not make enough to buy food.

bull****....they're on foodstamps because they qualify. they could move to a less desirable place or take or less desirable job in order to make more.....to buy their food. Or they could grow it. Dirt, water and sunshine are cheap yo.

Leroy Lizard
4/13/2011, 07:35 PM
WSJ Poll.

81% for raising taxes

2% undecided

So the majority of Americans want taxes raised on the other guy.

Gee, what a shock. This is much different than in the past.

C&CDean
4/13/2011, 07:43 PM
This is a stupid thread. A really, REALLY stupid thread. Let's talk taxes. How about let's talk dick size. Mine is semi-big. How big is yours? I mean I pay a tax for the grass it kills by shading it from the sun, but is it really fair, cause c'mon, you know, I worked hard to have a dick this big.

Sheez.

If somebody worked their mother****ing *** off to earn > $250K and some chump who sucks the gov. tit is bitching... oh never mind. I'm gonna go eat supper. this **** is stupid.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 07:49 PM
So the majority of Americans want taxes raised on the other guy.

Gee, what a shock. This is much different than in the past.

Yep.

BTW....I'm for 100% tax on them but that might be just me. :D

GrandStrandSooner
4/13/2011, 07:50 PM
I agree corporations should be taxed. By employing people taxes are generated. I've heard Warren Buffett say his secretary pays more taxes than him. I'm pretty sure the IRS would take a donation.

In certain areas $250K a year is not that much money.

I don't see a way to determine what person benefits from federal spending more than another.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 07:51 PM
This is a stupid thread. A really, REALLY stupid thread. Let's talk taxes. How about let's talk dick size. Mine is semi-big. How big is yours? I mean I pay a tax for the grass it kills by shading it from the sun, but is it really fair, cause c'mon, you know, I worked hard to have a dick this big.

Sheez.

If somebody worked their mother****ing *** off to earn > $250K and some chump who sucks the gov. tit is bitching... oh never mind. I'm gonna go eat supper. this **** is stupid.

It was just a stupid poll I found. Bon Appétit

I can probably find a Pole about dicks too....lol

Chuck Bao
4/13/2011, 07:54 PM

Sheez.

You are such a meanie head, Dean. Listen dude, it is only the middle class that works its *** off. Yeah, some of the ultra rich got lucky and some inherited it and they get the tax breaks that we cannot affor.

Sooner5030
4/13/2011, 07:54 PM
laws are best adhered to when they are uniform....the same should be true with taxes. People with higher incomes would already be paying more even if we had a flat tax. Why must we gouge them even more with higher rates.....so the leech society and crony corps can get their bennies?

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 07:57 PM
laws are best adhered to when they are uniform....the same should be true with taxes. People with higher incomes would already be paying more even if we had a flat tax. Why must we gouge them even more with higher rates.....so the leach society and crony corps can get their bennies?

If the leeches are the 81% does that mean they aren't paying taxes?

Sooner5030
4/13/2011, 08:01 PM
If the leeches are the 81% does that mean they aren't paying taxes?

the leeches are not 81%. I can tell you that 44 million are receiving foodstamps because it is a fact. You can tell me 81% because it is an inference about a population based on a small sample.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 08:03 PM
the leeches are not 81%. I can tell that 44 million are receiving foostamps because it is a fact. You can tell me 81% because it is an inference about a population based on a small sample.

It's just food though.

Sooner5030
4/13/2011, 08:11 PM
It's just food though.

You have the freedom to eat.....just not the guarantee that someone will feed you. Welcome to a meritocracy and freedom....it's a two way street. We fail to educate our mob on the true cost of freedom.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 08:11 PM
the leeches are not 81%. I can tell you that 44 million are receiving foodstamps because it is a fact. You can tell me 81% because it is an inference about a population based on a small sample.

Also....it might be cheaper to give them some food stamps and feed them that way than feed them once you put them in Prison for the crazies that are going to be out assaulting grocery stores for food and walking out with it. Hell Walmart still allows they to steal if it's under $20.....lol

diverdog
4/13/2011, 08:13 PM
bull****....they're on foodstamps because they qualify. they could move to a less desirable place or take or less desirable job in order to make more.....to buy their food. Or they could grow it. Dirt, water and sunshine are cheap yo.

How do you grow food when you do not own land?

Secondly the average beneficiary gets food stamps for 9 months. So they are trying to find work. Most who qualify make under $22000 per year. As of 2009 about 12% of Oklahoma's population was on food stamps. Most people who are on food stamps are single family mothers and the elderly.

Sooner5030
4/13/2011, 08:24 PM
How do you grow food when you do not own land?

how do you sleep if you do not own/rent space? get a plastic bucket and fill it with dirt.

Also, how many Amish folks die from starvation? Are Amish folks robbing walmart due to their lack of bennies?

jkjsooner
4/13/2011, 08:36 PM
Two points:

I think the proper approach would be to make the cutoff well above $200k. I agree that $200k isn't a lot especially if you happen to live somewhere like Manhattan.

Frankly, I would prefer a national sales tax in lieu of the ridiculous federal tax code so we could all feel the pain according to what we spend.

I think this sounds great but it has serious problems.

1. A sales tax could severely impact economic activity. The last thing economists want is people sitting on cash and a sales tax would encourage just that.

2. The rich do spend a lot more than the average person but they also spend a lot lower percentage of their wealth. If you're not careful you could end up with a very regressive tax structure. Scrooge would love this as he could watch his gold coins multiply while paying almost nothing in taxes.

The only way this could be even remotely possible is some type of an exclusion on basic necessities.

3. The devil is in the details. Would a renter pay sales tax on rent meanwhile a person who owns their house outright get off scot-free? That seems highly unfair and regressive.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 09:12 PM
how do you sleep if you do not own/rent space? get a plastic bucket and fill it with dirt.

Also, how many Amish folks die from starvation? Are Amish folks robbing walmart due to their lack of bennies?

I just ate at the Amish Kitchen today. Dude makes a pretty good Cheeseburger. Not sure where he grew the ground beef.

soonercruiser
4/13/2011, 09:15 PM
WSJ Poll.

81% for raising taxes

2% undecided

Pretty sad that "The One" has no other plan than this.
AND, it turns out that there will only be abour $320 Million in savings from the last "deal" with Obama!
(LIAR-in-Chief!)

soonercruiser
4/13/2011, 09:17 PM

Correction Albo...
You know that most of the "Cabinet" are tax evaders!
:rolleyes:

soonercruiser
4/13/2011, 09:21 PM

And.......the parasites are now closing in on being 50% of the voting public!
:(

soonercruiser
4/13/2011, 09:23 PM

Chris Matthews!
Really Stoop! Did the poll give you a tingly feeling down your leg?
:P

2121Sooner
4/13/2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for speaking for me. You and your Brother are really good at that.

Thanks for adding something positive to the thread. I'm sure you are a real inspiration to those around you.

You have made several comments about those that have more should be taxed more in order to pay for those that cant pay afford it.

You made a comment in another thread about how if someone golfs and goes on trips to the carribean that they shouldnt receive the medicare/medical benefits from a system they have paid into, because they can afford it themselves. But others that can't afford it should have access to it.

For those according to need, by those according to ability....

Nice philosophy partner

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 09:25 PM
Pretty sad that "The One" has no other plan than this.
AND, it turns out that there will only be abour $320 Million in savings from the last "deal" with Obama!
(LIAR-in-Chief!)

I guess you didn't listen or read what he said today then. I think I heard he said something about paying down the Debt 4 trillion dollars over the next 12 years.

REDREX
4/13/2011, 09:27 PM
And.......the parasites are now closing in on being 50% of the voting public!
:(----Maybe I will sell everything and go 100% Tax Free Munis' ---- Become a Liberal and join the let someone else pay club

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 09:29 PM
----Maybe I will sell everything and go 100% Tax Free Munis' ---- Become a Liberal and join the let someone else pay club

it take decades of training.....lol

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 09:30 PM
You have made several comments about those that have more should be taxed more in order to pay for those that cant pay afford it.

You made a comment in another thread about how if someone golfs and goes on trips to the carribean that they shouldnt receive the medicare/medical benefits from a system they have paid into, because they can afford it themselves. But others that can't afford it should have access to it.

For those according to need, by those according to ability....

Nice philosophy partner

link the post.

Always trying to make something out of nothing.

sappstuf
4/13/2011, 09:40 PM
I guess you didn't listen or read what he said today then. I think I heard he said something about paying down the Debt 4 trillion dollars over the next 12 years.

Saying it does not make it plan... What the president offered was a blueprint of a frame of a sketch of a prototype of a plan. He has nothing and that is what he offered today.

By the way, according to the president's own plan the debt will be 21 trillion in 12 years. That 4 trillion doesn't sound that great now does it?

soonercruiser
4/13/2011, 09:46 PM

I believe that Obama promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term; didn't he????
(Or, was that another "GITMO Promise"?)

He's a coward!
Whatever he does will depend on "many years in the future" to take effect......because he won't be around to take the blame, or fix the bigger problems down the road in that 14 years!)

Healthcare is the same.
He now plans to launch a personally appointed commisssion to make all the decisions in Medicare. (That is code for "no, you can't have that treatment"; no, "you doctors have to take these patients on as charity" and, passing along the leftover costs to the states!)
You see, that's how a coward reduces costs!

2121Sooner
4/13/2011, 09:46 PM
link the post.

Always trying to make something out of nothing.

Here is your post from the "putting budget cuts into perspective" thread.

"We could cut a ****load out of our Budget without cutting Education and any Senior Assistance. The thing I can't stand is it's difficult to draw the line on Senior care as so much of the services prices get jacked up and folks who aren't qualified for assistance due to doing a bit better in life and putting dough or having better retirement benefits start to throw a fit when they get cut out. Those that need can't get and those that get cut out and don't need whine and complain that they didn't receive anything for paying into it all these years even though they don't need it.

Greed and slackers who expect to be taken care of cause dissent.

Sad that in your later years....any of us would have to worry about our safety....our residence, our healthcare or our medicines.

You probably don't need assistance if you are traveling to Caribbean Islands to relax twice a year or still able to pay your Country Club dues and play golf 4-7 days a week."

Nice post partner, like I said before. For those based upon need, by those based upon ability. You are probably big on redistribution of wealth too I am sure.

That is your post. Socialist

soonercruiser
4/13/2011, 09:48 PM
Saying it does not make it plan... What the president offered was a blueprint of a frame of a sketch of a prototype of a plan. He has nothing and that is what he offered today.

By the way, according to the president's own plan the debt will be 21 trillion in 12 years. That 4 trillion doesn't sound that great now does it?

His plan only cutting $4 Trillion probably will not significantly touch entitlements.
(The Sacred Cow of Liberals)

hawaii 5-0
4/13/2011, 10:18 PM
Curious if Obama suddenly said he wanted to give massive tax breaks to the wealthy.

Would the Repubs turn around and cut off their noses to spite their faces and call for massive tax increases?

5-0

Trump/Orin 2012

Turd_Ferguson
4/13/2011, 10:22 PM
Curious if Obama suddenly said he wanted to give massive tax breaks to the wealthy.

Would the Repubs turn around and cut off their noses to spite their faces and call for massive tax increases?

5-0

Trump/Orin 2012Sometimes when I think your making sense...I realize you don't.

bigfatjerk
4/13/2011, 10:23 PM
Taxes won't really change that much. And raising them does just as much as cutting them does with the spending we have. If we take all the tax from everyone making over 250k that's not even close to getting our debt this year. And I'm sure the debt next year will be just as big if not bigger than it was this year.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/13/2011, 10:30 PM
Damn, I dont want to be a millionaire now.:(

Ding!!! Way to kill ambition and work ethic in America. Effing a$$holes who want to tax other people's income and success!!!

How about some reverse psychology, tax the $hit out of poor people, maybe they will get some gumption and work hard and save money and have money. 50 years of the Great Society sure hasn't cured $hit.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 10:33 PM

We could cut a ****load out of our Budget without cutting Education and any Senior Assistance. The thing I can't stand is it's difficult to draw the line on Senior care as so much of the services prices get jacked up and folks who aren't qualified for assistance due to doing a bit better in life and putting dough or having better retirement benefits start to throw a fit when they get cut out. Those that need can't get and those that get cut out and don't need whine and complain that they didn't receive anything for paying into it all these years even though they don't need it.

Sad that in your later years....any of us would have to worry about our safety....our residence, our healthcare or our medicines.

You probably don't need assistance if you are traveling to Caribbean Islands to relax twice a year or still able to pay your Country Club dues and play golf 4-7 days a week.

Nice post partner, like I said before. For those based upon need, by those based upon ability. You are probably big on redistribution of wealth too I am sure.

I said it was sad that any of us would have to worry about our safety....our residence, our healthcare or our medicines.

That's not socialist.

The rest of that stuff is things that really do happen. You are real big in putting words into people's mouths though.

Like this: "You are probably big on redistribution of wealth too I am sure. "

You've got a hard on for anyone who thinks things are pretty screwed up in our Country.

Nice comprehension skills....LMAO!

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 10:35 PM
His plan only cutting $4 Trillion probably will not significantly touch entitlements.
(The Sacred Cow of Liberals)

But you aren't really sure.....

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 10:36 PM
Ding!!! Way to kill ambition and work ethic in America. Effing a$$holes who want to tax other people's income and success!!!

How about some reverse psychology, tax the $hit out of poor people, maybe they will get some gumption and work hard and save money and have money. 50 years of the Great Society sure hasn't cured $hit.

I bought my lotto ticket tonight so I don't have to hire a bunch of those darned illegals.....lol

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 10:40 PM
I believe that Obama promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term; didn't he????
(Or, was that another "GITMO Promise"?)

He's a coward!
Whatever he does will depend on "many years in the future" to take effect......because he won't be around to take the blame, or fix the bigger problems down the road in that 14 years!)

Healthcare is the same.
He now plans to launch a personally appointed commisssion to make all the decisions in Medicare. (That is code for "no, you can't have that treatment"; no, "you doctors have to take these patients on as charity" and, passing along the leftover costs to the states!)
You see, that's how a coward reduces costs!

Yeah....when pressed with reality of the day....always depend on what was promised 2 years ago.

Hold Presidential Candidates you like to the fire when faced with a financial collapse in their first months as POTUS while others who face an attack by Terrorist on the Homeland get a pass.

diverdog
4/13/2011, 10:49 PM

We could cut a ****load out of our Budget without cutting Education and any Senior Assistance. The thing I can't stand is it's difficult to draw the line on Senior care as so much of the services prices get jacked up and folks who aren't qualified for assistance due to doing a bit better in life and putting dough or having better retirement benefits start to throw a fit when they get cut out. Those that need can't get and those that get cut out and don't need whine and complain that they didn't receive anything for paying into it all these years even though they don't need it.

You probably don't need assistance if you are traveling to Caribbean Islands to relax twice a year or still able to pay your Country Club dues and play golf 4-7 days a week.

You can cut a sh*tload from the budget? Here is the budget and tell me how you are going to cut $1.2 trillion dollars to balance the budget without raising taxes, hurting seniors or education?

The President's budget request for 2010 totals $3.55 trillion. Percentages in parentheses indicate percentage change compared to 2009. This budget request is broken down by the following expenditures:[8]

* Mandatory spending: $2.009 trillion (-20.1%)
o $695 billion (+4.9%) – Social Security
o $571 billion (−15.2%) – Other mandatory programs
o $453 billion (+6.6%) – Medicare
o $290 billion (+12.0%) – Medicaid
o $164 billion (+18.0%) – Interest on National Debt
o $11 billion (+275%) – Potential disaster costs
o $0 billion (−100%) – Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP)
o $0 billion (−100%) – Financial stabilization efforts

US receipt and expenditure estimates for fiscal year 2010.

* Discretionary spending: $1.368 trillion (+13.1%)
o $663.7 billion (+12.7%) – Department of Defense (including Overseas Contingency Operations)
o $78.7 billion (−1.7%) – Department of Health and Human Services
o $72.5 billion (+2.8%) – Department of Transportation
o $52.5 billion (+10.3%) – Department of Veterans Affairs
o $51.7 billion (+40.9%) – Department of State and Other International Programs
o $47.5 billion (+18.5%) – Department of Housing and Urban Development
o $46.7 billion (+12.8%) – Department of Education
o $42.7 billion (+1.2%) – Department of Homeland Security
o $26.3 billion (−0.4%) – Department of Energy
o $26.0 billion (+8.8%) – Department of Agriculture
o $23.9 billion (−6.3%) – Department of Justice
o $18.7 billion (+5.1%) – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
o $13.8 billion (+48.4%) – Department of Commerce
o $13.3 billion (+4.7%) – Department of Labor
o $13.3 billion (+4.7%) – Department of the Treasury
o $12.0 billion (+6.2%) – Department of the Interior
o $10.5 billion (+34.6%) – Environmental Protection Agency
o $9.7 billion (+10.2%) – Social Security Administration
o $7.0 billion (+1.4%) – National Science Foundation
o $5.1 billion (−3.8%) – Corps of Engineers
o $5.0 billion (+100%) – National Infrastructure Bank
o $1.1 billion (+22.2%) – Corporation for National and Community Service
o $0.7 billion (0.0%) – Small Business Administration
o $0.6 billion (−14.3%) – General Services Administration
o $19.8 billion (+3.7%) – Other Agencies
o $105 billion – Othe

Curly Bill
4/13/2011, 10:51 PM

5-0

Trump/Orin 2012

You really should have thought more about this before typing it. One of the stupidest posts in a good while, and there's been some doozies lately so there ya go. :O

bigfatjerk
4/13/2011, 10:58 PM
You can cut a sh*tload from the budget? Here is the budget and tell me how you are going to cut $1.2 trillion dollars to balance the budget without raising taxes, hurting seniors or education?

The President's budget request for 2010 totals $3.55 trillion. Percentages in parentheses indicate percentage change compared to 2009. This budget request is broken down by the following expenditures:[8]

* Mandatory spending: $2.009 trillion (-20.1%)
o $695 billion (+4.9%) – Social Security
o $571 billion (−15.2%) – Other mandatory programs
o $453 billion (+6.6%) – Medicare
o $290 billion (+12.0%) – Medicaid
o $164 billion (+18.0%) – Interest on National Debt
o $11 billion (+275%) – Potential disaster costs

US receipt and expenditure estimates for fiscal year 2010.

* Discretionary spending: $1.368 trillion (+13.1%)
o $663.7 billion (+12.7%) – Department of Defense (including Overseas Contingency Operations)
o $78.7 billion (−1.7%) – Department of Health and Human Services
o $72.5 billion (+2.8%) – Department of Transportation
o $52.5 billion (+10.3%) – Department of Veterans Affairs
o $51.7 billion (+40.9%) – Department of State and Other International Programs
o $47.5 billion (+18.5%) – Department of Housing and Urban Development
o $46.7 billion (+12.8%) – Department of Education
o $42.7 billion (+1.2%) – Department of Homeland Security
o $26.3 billion (−0.4%) – Department of Energy
o $26.0 billion (+8.8%) – Department of Agriculture
o $23.9 billion (−6.3%) – Department of Justice
o $18.7 billion (+5.1%) – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
o $13.8 billion (+48.4%) – Department of Commerce
o $13.3 billion (+4.7%) – Department of Labor
o $13.3 billion (+4.7%) – Department of the Treasury
o $12.0 billion (+6.2%) – Department of the Interior
o $10.5 billion (+34.6%) – Environmental Protection Agency
o $9.7 billion (+10.2%) – Social Security Administration
o $7.0 billion (+1.4%) – National Science Foundation
o $5.1 billion (−3.8%) – Corps of Engineers
o $5.0 billion (+100%) – National Infrastructure Bank
o $1.1 billion (+22.2%) – Corporation for National and Community Service
o $0.7 billion (0.0%) – Small Business Administration
o $0.6 billion (−14.3%) – General Services Administration
o $19.8 billion (+3.7%) – Other Agencies
o $105 billion – Othe

I understand your point of getting rid of Military spending but I don't see a democrat president doing this. None EVER have. And I don't see a current republican candidate doing that either except maybe Ron Paul. Neither side will really go after entitlement spending either.

diverdog
4/13/2011, 10:58 PM

Since I live near the Amish and my cleaning lady is Amish I will answer your question. All the ones around here own land and when they get sick they may or may not pay their medical bills. They do take care of each other as best as they can. Having said that I doubt you would want to be Amish. It is a tough tough life.

BTW you have no concept of how much land you need to grow food to feed just one person year round.

diverdog
4/13/2011, 11:04 PM
I understand your point of getting rid of Military spending but I don't see a democrat president doing this. None EVER have. And I don't see a current republican candidate doing that either except maybe Ron Paul.

The problem is that the vast majority of people have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to the federal budget. Most Americans think that foreign aid, education and welfare consume our budget and it doesn't. They do not want to cut the big ticket items like Medicare, Medicaid, SS and Defense. Nor do they want to pay higher taxes. Well something has got to give and it will be a combination of taxes, cuts and delayed benefits.

There are two other huge problems. Currently we are servicing the debt at historically low interest rates. If inflation kicks in and rates go up the interest on the debt will explode. On top of that you have an aging population that will consume more and more social services. We are not going to be able to grow our way out of this problem and the only real solutions is to greatly decrease defense spending, trim what you can on other programs and raise taxes. Or you can cheat, explode the economy with hyper inflation and pay of the debt with worthless money.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 11:26 PM
I'm sure 2121 is working on it. Give him a few moments.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 11:28 PM
Right off the bat I get rid of....

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 11:51 PM
I'd also cut all of this guys benefits. I think he is perfectly able to make a living in the sign business.

sUsBvkfQKUw&feature=related

hawaii 5-0
4/14/2011, 12:19 AM
You really should have thought more about this before typing it. One of the stupidest posts in a good while, and there's been some doozies lately so there ya go. :O

Well, no one's stepped forward and said they'd support Obama's stance, have they?

Here's a knife. Care to carve off your nose?

5-0

Trump/Glove Man 2012

MR2-Sooner86
4/14/2011, 12:20 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't small businesses report the business income on their personal taxes? So a person can own a small business and show he's making $2-3 million per year but that doesn't include building rental, employee cost, supplies, etc.

We now too far for taxes. We could tax the rich in this country upwards of 90% and we're not fixing our debt. We've spent too much.

Finally, when people hit hard times what do they do? They look at their budget and they make hard decisions.

To all those wanting taxes bumped, when the government can show they can be responsible with our money maybe they can get a little more support.

Feds Spent $800,000 of Economic Stimulus on African Genital-Washing Program (http://www.cnsnews.com/node/75198)

Forest Service to Replace Windows in Visitor Center
Closed in 2007 (Amboy, WA) – $554,763

“Dance Draw” – Interactive Dance Software Development
(Charlotte, NC) – $762,372

Ants Study (San Francisco, CA) – $1.9million

Town Replaces New Sidewalks With Newer Sidewalks
(Boynton, OK) – $89,298

Scientist Attempts to Create Joke Machine (Evanston, IL) – $712,883

Dance Stuy (Atlanta, GA) – $762,372

DTV “Experts” Plug Boxes Into a Wall (Buffalo, NY) – $350,000

Museum With 44 Annual Visitors Gets Funding for Bug Storage (Raleigh, NC) -$253,123

Reducing Menopausal Hot Flashes Through Yoga (Winston-Salem, NC) – $294,958

Stimulus Funds Going to the Dogs (Ithaca, NY)505 – $296,385 (http://www.darwinsmoney.com/dumb-stimulus-bill-spending/)

This is just the very, very tip of the iceberg. Maybe if these ***holes in Washington showed they didn't treat our money like a 16 year old girl with daddy's credit card we wouldn't be in the **** we're in right now.

Oh yeah, it's a FACT that tax revenue increased after the Bush tax cuts. The big problem is, we spent ALLOT more on the wars in the Middle East and other Republican pet projects. Both sides are VERY guilty of running up our debt.

Raising taxes WILL NOT fix this problem. We HAVE to cut spending and cut it ALLOT. Departments of energy and education need to go along with the DEA and ATF. We also need to cut the military, social security, and medicare/medicaid budgets by 10%.

People in this country make hard decisions every single year with money and have to pick and choose. It's time Washington do the same thing.

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 12:25 AM
So your saying you don't trust the Gov't? Which Gov't? The Republican Gov't or the Democratic Gov't or the Tea Party Gov't?

CUT THE MILITARY?

ARE YOU A PATRIOT? DO YOU SING HOME OF THE BRAVE OR HOME OF THE SOONERS?

What about making States just pay for their own roads?

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 12:27 AM
I said it was sad that any of us would have to worry about our safety....our residence, our healthcare or our medicines.

That's not socialist.

The rest of that stuff is things that really do happen. You are real big in putting words into people's mouths though.

Like this: "You are probably big on redistribution of wealth too I am sure. "

You've got a hard on for anyone who thinks things are pretty screwed up in our Country.

Nice comprehension skills....LMAO!

Nice try spinning that Karl

You sure talk out of both sides of your mouth.

And other orifices as far as that goes.

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 12:36 AM
Nice try spinning that Karl

You sure talk out of both sides of your mouth.

And other orifices as far as that goes.

Your focusing on my penis. Thanks Doctor 2121. Should I cough now?

http://www.chakabox.com/uploaded_images/turnyourheadandcough-735165.jpg

Blue
4/14/2011, 12:49 AM
Why anyone would argue with retards is beyond me. I mean nobody is debating them and they keep talking...It's crazy.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f20/412648d1301412890-new-po-prices-$$$$-please-seated-zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

OU_Sooners75
4/14/2011, 01:01 AM
Legalize Maryjawanna!

That would help. :pop:

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 01:03 AM
Why anyone would argue with retards is beyond me. I mean nobody is debating them and they keep talking...It's crazy.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f20/412648d1301412890-new-po-prices-$$$$-please-seated-zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

No ****. I'm putting you two tards on ignore.

Blue
4/14/2011, 01:05 AM
Waaaa. Maybe take a few anti-psychotics while you are at it.

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 01:08 AM
Waaaa. Maybe take a few anti-psychotics while you are at it.

Where do you get yours and can I get them for oral use. I would never go for the Suppositories you two use. My Girl Friend Megan has club thumbs.

Blue
4/14/2011, 01:11 AM
Where do you get yours?

I don't start multiple threads about nothing and then pipe in on page 5 with a schizophrenic opinion after opinion after opinion when nobody really is trying to debate me.

THATS YOU.

Now go find another thread to randomly reference me. I'm in your head, B-.

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 01:13 AM
I don't start multiple threads about nothing and then pipe in on page 5 with a schizophrenic opinion after opinion after opinion when nobody really is trying to debate me.

THATS YOU.

Now go find another thread to randomly reference me. I'm in your head, B-.

YOU DON'T MAKE THE RULES ! ! !

**** OFF DIP**** ! ! !

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 08:17 AM
No ****. I'm putting you two tards on ignore.

Yeah, if I kept getting wore out the way you do I would probably do the same thing.

texaspokieokie
4/14/2011, 08:43 AM
in the post of MR@-Sooner86; it was noted that sidewalks in Boynton were replaced. Big joke, did the same thing in downtown (if you can call it that) Okmulgee. no one could understand, Why ??

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, if I kept getting wore out the way you do I would probably do the same thing.

Wore out? I've always got more for you and your bue.

MR2-Sooner86
4/14/2011, 09:23 AM
So your saying you don't trust the Gov't? Which Gov't? The Republican Gov't or the Democratic Gov't or the Tea Party Gov't?

It's nothing but a big machine in Washington. The speed on which is works depends on when the light is red or blue but it never stops.

The Tea Party hasn't been in power long enough to make a decision but so far they've shown no backbone. Not to mention their slow slide to Republican issues. They were elected to bring the budget balance, not to kowtow to the anti-abortionist.

Republicans have never met a social issue they can't help but push their morals on.
Democrats have never met a social service they can't help but expand.
Both are guilty of foreign entanglements we had no business getting into.

CUT THE MILITARY?

Yes, there is military waste that goes on. In hard times nobody can be spared and everybody has to tighten their belt.

I have no problem with that seeing as how ours suck already.

texaspokieokie
4/14/2011, 09:31 AM
pay for your own roads & SIDEWALKS !!!!!!

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 09:36 AM

AND YOUR ROOFS! LOL

bigfatjerk
4/14/2011, 09:44 AM

CUT THE MILITARY?

ARE YOU A PATRIOT? DO YOU SING HOME OF THE BRAVE OR HOME OF THE SOONERS?

I don't trust the republicans or democrats at this moment. Neither one wants to cut spending. Tea Party hasn't really done that much yet. It's still a new thing. We'll see if it ever really gets anywhere. It's nothing like the republican party right now.

Yes cut the damn military. We are in 3 wars right now and still have hundreds about 200k troops in Europe and Japan/Korea combined. I'm for a strong military but not one that is trying to be the world's police.

I'm for states making private companies start doing our roads instead of any government.

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 09:44 AM
Wore out? I've always got more for you and your bue.

Oh I don't doubt you will post more. You are like a Chatty Cathy doll my sister used to play with, just pulling your own string to hear yourself talk.

And I thought you were gonna put us on ignore?

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 09:49 AM
I don't trust the republicans or democrats at this moment. Neither one wants to cut spending. Tea Party hasn't really done that much yet. It's still a new thing. We'll see if it ever really gets anywhere. It's nothing like the republican party right now.

Yes cut the damn military. We are in 3 wars right now and still have hundreds about 200k troops in Europe and Japan/Korea combined. I'm for a strong military but not one that is trying to be the world's police.

I'm for states making private companies start doing our roads instead of any government.

We are pretty much on the same page but I'm concerned about Military cuts. I'd rather the Brass clean up their mess rather than cut for right now. We are strung out all over the World and I don't like the idea of having to leave because of cuts....I'd rather leave because it's the smart thing to do.

bigfatjerk
4/14/2011, 09:55 AM
The difference is you somehow think we get a ton more revenue if we raise taxes on the rich when that's never been really true. There's not enough money from the average person in the US to really go after this debt. The average person has to pay 45k dollars a year to make up for the debt right now. That's not something you can just get through taxing people to death.

The only way we close this gap is to start with big cuts that aren't going to be liked by both sides.

SoCaliSooner
4/14/2011, 10:01 AM

Right after the stimulus was passed work was started on a 7 mile stretch of road in town here. The big "reinvestment in America" signs went up. This stretch of road was only 10 years old and in good shape compared to other heavier traveled roads in need of repair.

They busted up the asphalt and a-base and redid the whole stretch. It's all nice and new.

Last month the signs went up again in the same place and they are now tearing it all up again to widen it to two lanes on one side.

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 10:10 AM
Right after the stimulus was passed work was started on a 7 mile stretch of road in town here. The big "reinvestment in America" signs went up. This stretch of road was only 10 years old and in good shape compared to other heavier traveled roads in need of repair.

They busted up the asphalt and a-base and redid the whole stretch. It's all nice and new.

Last month the signs went up again in the same place and they are now tearing it all up again to widen it to two lanes on one side.

You can't always fix stupid.

diverdog
4/14/2011, 10:28 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't small businesses report the business income on their personal taxes? So a person can own a small business and show he's making $2-3 million per year but that doesn't include building rental, employee cost, supplies, etc.

We now too far for taxes. We could tax the rich in this country upwards of 90% and we're not fixing our debt. We've spent too much.

Finally, when people hit hard times what do they do? They look at their budget and they make hard decisions.

To all those wanting taxes bumped, when the government can show they can be responsible with our money maybe they can get a little more support.

Feds Spent $800,000 of Economic Stimulus on African Genital-Washing Program (http://www.cnsnews.com/node/75198)

Forest Service to Replace Windows in Visitor Center
Closed in 2007 (Amboy, WA) – $554,763

“Dance Draw” – Interactive Dance Software Development
(Charlotte, NC) – $762,372

Ants Study (San Francisco, CA) – $1.9million

Town Replaces New Sidewalks With Newer Sidewalks
(Boynton, OK) – $89,298

Scientist Attempts to Create Joke Machine (Evanston, IL) – $712,883

Dance Stuy (Atlanta, GA) – $762,372

DTV “Experts” Plug Boxes Into a Wall (Buffalo, NY) – $350,000

Museum With 44 Annual Visitors Gets Funding for Bug Storage (Raleigh, NC) -$253,123

Reducing Menopausal Hot Flashes Through Yoga (Winston-Salem, NC) – $294,958

Stimulus Funds Going to the Dogs (Ithaca, NY)505 – $296,385 (http://www.darwinsmoney.com/dumb-stimulus-bill-spending/)

This is just the very, very tip of the iceberg. Maybe if these ***holes in Washington showed they didn't treat our money like a 16 year old girl with daddy's credit card we wouldn't be in the **** we're in right now.

Oh yeah, it's a FACT that tax revenue increased after the Bush tax cuts. The big problem is, we spent ALLOT more on the wars in the Middle East and other Republican pet projects. Both sides are VERY guilty of running up our debt.

Raising taxes WILL NOT fix this problem. We HAVE to cut spending and cut it ALLOT. Departments of energy and education need to go along with the DEA and ATF. We also need to cut the military, social security, and medicare/medicaid budgets by 10%.

People in this country make hard decisions every single year with money and have to pick and choose. It's time Washington do the same thing.

MR2:

To answer your first question it depends on how the business files taxes. You can file as a sole proprietor, LLC, partnerships, S Corp or Corp (there are others but these are the most common). Income is reported differently for each entity and can come in many forms.

Secondly I do not think it is a "fact" that the Bush tax cuts increased revenues when you look at constant dollars. Most of the increase came from inflationary dollars and not actually dollar growth.

I agree with your anger over pork barrel spending and all the nonsense that goes along with spending our hard earned dollars on worthless programs. Having said that these expenditures are only a drop in the bucket compared to things like Medicare, Medicaid, Defense, Welfare, SS and service on the debt. Still they need to stop.

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 10:32 AM
MR2:

To answer your first question it depends on how the business files taxes. You can file as a sole proprietor, LLC, partnerships, S Corp or Corp (there are others but these are the most common). Income is reported differently for each entity and can come in many forms.

Secondly I do not think it is a "fact" that the Bush tax cuts increased revenues when you look at constant dollars. Most of the increase came from inflationary dollars and not actually dollar growth.

I agree with your anger over pork barrel spending and all the nonsense that goes along with spending our hard earned dollars on worthless programs. Having said that these expenditures are only a drop in the bucket compared to things like Medicare, Medicaid, Defense, Welfare, SS and service on the debt. Still they need to stop.

I have tried to put that kind of logic out of my mind since I left Corporate Accounting. Thanks for reminding me of my old nightmares. :D

Curly Bill
4/14/2011, 11:14 AM
Well, no one's stepped forward and said they'd support Obama's stance, have they?

Here's a knife. Care to carve off your nose?

5-0

Trump/Glove Man 2012

WTF are you even talking about...:confused: Start making sense.

OhU1
4/14/2011, 01:16 PM
Many are on food stamps because they can be. ....there is something wrong when you're on food stamps, and are quite fat as well, and have a car, and this and that, and have your nails done, and cell phone, and whatever.

One out of six Oklahomans gets food stamps. Virtually all of these people have cell phones and a hell of a lot of them smoke. Many work but working full time would inconvenience their lifestyle.

Oh, and you can get almost $600 a month food stamps if you have a kid or two. Have you ever seen a never married mom of two who didn't have a fat *** and a cell phone in her ear?

SoCaliSooner
4/14/2011, 01:27 PM
One out of six Oklahomans gets food stamps. Virtually all of these people have cell phones and a hell of a lot of them smoke. Many work but working full time would inconvenience their lifestyle.

Oh, and you can get almost $600 a month food stamps if you have a kid or two. Have you ever seen a never married mom of two who didn't have a fat *** and a cell phone in her ear?
Careful...I have been warned of a ban if I said as much...

C&CDean
4/14/2011, 01:30 PM
Careful...I have been warned of a ban if I said as much...

That's because you're a condescending ****wad about it. Besides, there's tons of the exact same thing right outside your crib in socal, yo. Only diff is in OK they're mostly white chicks.

SoCaliSooner
4/14/2011, 01:33 PM
That's because you're a condescending ****wad about it. Besides, there's tons of the exact same thing right outside your crib in socal, yo. Only diff is in OK they're mostly white chicks.
No argument from me. We're subsidizing most of mexico with welfare money sent home. We get calls for people with chest pains at the section 8 offices...or welfare offices and, no joke, it's 75% black, and 20% hispanic. An article in the local newspaper was going after our mayor for asking why so few white people seem to be able to get ANY aid.

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 01:55 PM
White chicks is the new blacks.

C&CDean
4/14/2011, 01:59 PM
White chicks is the new blacks.

That's because most of those big-assed white chicks on welfare with tats and a cell phone with a couple little future Obamas in-tow ARE black. By injection.

badger
4/14/2011, 02:04 PM
I'm not looking through 6 pages. All I'll say is that WSJ is Murdoch's paper now and the fact that this poll shows a very Democratic ideal says something. It says that there might in fact be merit to this idea if even a right wingish like Rupurt's paper is telling it in a poll.

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 02:13 PM
I'm not looking through 6 pages. All I'll say is that WSJ is Murdoch's paper now and the fact that this poll shows a very Democratic ideal says something. It says that there might in fact be merit to this idea if even a right wingish like Rupurt's paper is telling it in a poll.

Not really. They interviewed 100 people.

81 of them were liberal phags from Portland, Oregon

17 of them were members at Rupurt's golf club

And 2 of them were junkies giving head for a dime sack......

bigfatjerk
4/14/2011, 02:41 PM
The media/wall street/big companies want the government to keep doing what it's doing because all they are doing is benefiting the rich more and more. No matter what party is in power. They are scared if the tea party or libertarian types take over.

1890MilesToNorman
4/14/2011, 02:47 PM
Never met a poor person who hired anyone. How about they stop printing money and stop spending before they ask any citizen for more money???

Curly Bill
4/14/2011, 03:07 PM
Never met a poor person who hired anyone. How about they stop printing money and stop spending before they ask any citizen for more money???

Quit making sense and just pay your damn taxes. :D

1890MilesToNorman
4/14/2011, 03:29 PM
Quit making sense and just pay your damn taxes. :D

Mind yer own bidness Curly. :D

diverdog
4/14/2011, 03:43 PM

Never met a poor person who crashed the economy either. This latest fiasco and the bailout of Wall Street could cost more than $14 trillion dollars (at risk). People talk about poor Welfare Queens but the biggest Welfare Queens are on Wall Street.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Total_Wall_Street_Bailout_Cost

1890MilesToNorman
4/14/2011, 03:46 PM
They should have let all those entities fail!

SouthCarolinaSooner
4/14/2011, 03:52 PM
Aint arguing one way or tother. But just cause a Majority want something dont make it right. Look at Cal and their Gay marriage ban.
Quoting a good post.

PGMQZEIXBMs

diverdog
4/14/2011, 03:52 PM
They should have let all those entities fail!

Do you know what would have happened to the economy? It would have made the last depression look like a walk in the park. BOA alone controls 1 out of every 10 deposit dollar. AIG funds millions of retirment plans.

BTW where do you live in Maine?

pphilfran
4/14/2011, 04:02 PM
Do you know what would have happened to the economy? It would have made the last depression look like a walk in the park. BOA alone controls 1 out of every 10 deposit dollar. AIG funds millions of retirment plans.

You are correct....but we both know we would have done things differently...

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 04:31 PM
Never met a poor person who crashed the economy either. This latest fiasco and the bailout of Wall Street could cost more than $14 trillion dollars (at risk). People talk about poor Welfare Queens but the biggest Welfare Queens are on Wall Street.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Total_Wall_Street_Bailout_Cost

I wouldnt have called them poor people, but they were definitely a LOT of people that bought houses they had no business buying. Way in over their head with ARM's that were going to reset and they would be F'd with no way to pay for their homes.

Did some lenders work the system to get rich? Yes

Did a lot of people lie on their applications to get a big house? Yes

There is a lot of blame to throw around. Quit placing the blame completely at the feet of Wall Street.

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 05:00 PM
Who authorized those loans? Who funded them? Why did they take those risks?

Most people who think it's the people who took advantage of these loans are way out of touch with why it was done.

It was The Banks, Insurance Companies, Real Estate Companies and the bailout of Wall Street that was to blame for 99% of all of this.

Back in the 70-80s people never got those deals. After they made them lobbyists got the Bankruptcy laws changed and Credit card Companies who had been offering sweetheart deals started raising rates on people ho were floating all of this BS. The folks on Wall Street wanted everything both ways and they wanted a guarantee that if it all failed....they wouldn't be held responsible and they wouldn't go bankrupt. The folks who were juggling got caught trying to live the American Dream when Wall Street knew the end was near. Did Wall Street stop any of it when they knew? Absolutely not. After Obama got the Laws changed on Credit Card Companies and required them to limit how much they could change on these late fees.....they essentially got called out as the Mafioso Loan Sharks that they are. After that....they all got in trouble. People who had been juggling got called on it all. The economy tanked and people lost jobs. Then Wall Street pulled the ultimate scam....instead of bankrupting they called the Nation and scared the bejeezus out of them by saying that if we didn't bail them out....America would see people going to ATMs to get cash that wasn't there....more and more loans would fail and it would escalate out of control until mass hysteria and chaos was nation wide and rampant.

Yeah it was people lying.....lol

They were lying but the ones that really lied were the ones that knew the customers were a huge risk but allowed them to have the loans. As long as everything was OK and they could even work a 3rd job to say those zero interest loans....everything would have been AOK. Thing is....they knew the economy was headed towards the crapper and did nothing.

"Everyone is doing it.....we should too" That was the name of the game and then it all went belly up just like it should have....

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 05:18 PM

They were lying but the ones that really lied were the ones that knew the customers were a huge risk but allowed them to have the loans. As long as everything was OK and they could even work a 3rd job to say those zero interest loans....everything would have been AOK. Thing is....they knew the economy was headed towards the crapper and did nothing.

"Everyone is doing it.....we should too" That was the name of the game and then it all went belly up just like it should have....

There you go talking out both sides of your mouth again Karl.

"Yeah, it was people lying...lol", then two seconds later "they were lying, but"

I said there was blame to go all around. From the Clinton administration that said everyone needed to be a homeowner. His gay buddy Barney Frank then guaranteeing the loans, the banks packaging them together and then selling them as a bundle, investment banks and derivatives, greedy brokers and agents getting their clients into huge houses they couldnt afford, the Bush administration having little to zero control on the mortgage industry. Etc, etc, etc......

And the "everyone is doing it......." you must be talking about the consumer as well as the mortgage industry.

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 05:20 PM
There you go talking out both sides of your mouth again Karl.

"Yeah, it was people lying...lol", then two seconds later "they were lying, but"

I said there was blame to go all around. From the Clinton administration that said everyone needed to be a homeowner. His gay buddy Barney Frank then guaranteeing the loans, the banks packaging them together and then selling them as a bundle, investment banks and derivatives, greedy brokers and agents getting their clients into huge houses they couldnt afford, the Bush administration having little to zero control on the mortgage industry. Etc, etc, etc......

And the "everyone is doing it......." you must be talking about the consumer as well as the mortgage industry.

STFU....you know I'm right...

Also...I wasn't talking to you.

If you want to do a thread about something ....go start it yourself I wont jack your thread like you do mine

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 05:23 PM

And Chris Dodd helped write legislation that still allowed AIG to pay out MILLIONS in bonuses to executives. And Barney Frank helped Freddie and Fannie guarantee all the loans.

Yet we have "Dodd-Frank" reform for the banks. That sounds encouraging.

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 05:25 PM
STFU....you know I'm right...

Also...I wasn't talking to you.

If you want to do a thread about something ....go start it yourself I wont jack your thread like you do mine

I am gonna start one about roofers.

And you're not right Karl

pphilfran
4/14/2011, 05:31 PM
Who authorized those loans? Who funded them? Why did they take those risks?

Most people who think it's the people who took advantage of these loans are way out of touch with why it was done.

It was The Banks, Insurance Companies, Real Estate Companies and the bailout of Wall Street that was to blame for 99% of all of this.

Back in the 70-80s people never got those deals. After they made them lobbyists got the Bankruptcy laws changed and Credit card Companies who had been offering sweetheart deals started raising rates on people ho were floating all of this BS. The folks on Wall Street wanted everything both ways and they wanted a guarantee that if it all failed....they wouldn't be held responsible and they wouldn't go bankrupt. The folks who were juggling got caught trying to live the American Dream when Wall Street knew the end was near. Did Wall Street stop any of it when they knew? Absolutely not. After Obama got the Laws changed on Credit Card Companies and required them to limit how much they could change on these late fees.....they essentially got called out as the Mafioso Loan Sharks that they are. After that....they all got in trouble. People who had been juggling got called on it all. The economy tanked and people lost jobs. Then Wall Street pulled the ultimate scam....instead of bankrupting they called the Nation and scared the bejeezus out of them by saying that if we didn't bail them out....America would see people going to ATMs to get cash that wasn't there....more and more loans would fail and it would escalate out of control until mass hysteria and chaos was nation wide and rampant.

Chapter 2

Our fearless leaders decided that it was in everyone's best interest to own a home...they would allow all kinds of loans so that those with lower income to be proud homeowners...interest payment only loans...variable loans...100% loans...multiple mortgage loans...all because of an ideal....

Fred and Fan then gladly snapped up those questionable loans..with nary a look at what they were actually buying..."Bring it on!" they said..."We'll buy em all!"

We have had warning in the past...1997 - Brooksley Born , at the time the head of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, raised the red flag in about the OTC derivatives market..she was railroaded out by the prezes Working Group...

Then, low and behold, in 1998, Long Term Capital Management, a hedge fund, started losing a half billion bucks a day...oh, oh...the fed is chitting bricks...they go to the biggest 15 banks and ask them to put up a total of 3.5 billion..one bank refused - Bear Stearns...lol...

Even with the warnings the Working Group brushed it off as a fluke...nothing to worry about...they didn't want to cause a recession by reigning in the easy money...

You can watch the PBS Frontline doc here...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/view/?utm_campaign=viewpage&utm_medium=grid&utm_source=grid#morelink

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 05:33 PM
pphilfran, you need to take this to your own thread you have started.

The powers that be have spoken

Thanks in advance,

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 05:35 PM
Chapter 2

Our fearless leaders decided that it was in everyone's best interest to own a home...they would allow all kinds of loans so that those with lower income to be proud homeowners...interest payment only loans...variable loans...100% loans...multiple mortgage loans...all because of an ideal....

Fred and Fan then gladly snapped up those questionable loans..with nary a look at what they were actually buying..."Bring it on!" they said..."We'll bey em all!"

We have had warning in the past...1997 - Brooksley Born , at the time the head of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, raised the red flag in about the OTC derivatives market..she was railroaded out by the prezes Working Group...

Then, low and behold, in 1998, Long Term Capital Management, a hedge fund started losing a half billion bucks a day...oh, oh...the is chitting bricks...they go to the biggest 15 banks and ask them to put up a total of 3.5 billion..one bank refused - Bear Stearns...lol...

Even with the warning the Working Group brushed it off as a fluke...nothing to worry about...they didn't want to cause a recession by reigning in the easy money...

You can watch the PBS Frontline doc here...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/view/?utm_campaign=viewpage&utm_medium=grid&utm_source=grid#morelink

Bad Business is bad business. Greed has always trumped good sense. Snake oil was huge in the 1800s then folks realized they were just selling hooch. lol

Also....SPEK!

jkjsooner
4/14/2011, 05:52 PM
And Chris Dodd helped write legislation that still allowed AIG to pay out MILLIONS in bonuses to executives. And Barney Frank helped Freddie and Fannie guarantee all the loans.

Yet we have "Dodd-Frank" reform for the banks. That sounds encouraging.

And when Democrats tried to put restrictions on those bonuses the Republicans went crazy talking about how the government is trying to take over and control everything.

Basically, political fighting has destroyed any resemblence of common sense that our government once had. Now both sides are spinning everything to make it appear to be the other sides fault and we end up with CEO's getting a hundred million dollar bonuses from taxpayer money.

BTW, Geitner/Paulson wanted to structure TARP to give the government more power over the failing banks but the lawyers said it was a no-go.

StoopTroup
4/14/2011, 05:53 PM
And when Democrats tried to put restrictions on those bonuses the Republicans went crazy talking about how the government is trying to take over and control everything.

Basically, political fighting has destroyed any resemblence of common sense that our government once had. Now both sides are spinning everything to make it appear to be the other sides fault and we end up with CEO's getting a hundred million dollar bonuses from taxpayer money.

BTW, Geitner/Paulson wanted to structure TARP to give the government more power over the failing banks but the lawyers said it was a no-go.

yep

2121Sooner
4/14/2011, 06:00 PM

It is now all about trying to be right instead of doing what's right

diverdog
4/14/2011, 10:50 PM
You are correct....but we both know we would have done things differently...

Yeah I would have executed a few executives on live television to serve as a warning. :) Then we would have talked bonuses.