NwM0i7psJ1Q
5q_w0LJNm3E

Mad Dog Madsen
4/13/2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah...

picasso
4/13/2011, 04:32 PM
My mom went out with him.

One year in the mid 90's his hometown honored him with a cheap framed jersey. A friend of mine there apologized to him.

They now have their renovated football stadium named after him.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/13/2011, 04:43 PM
My mom went out with him.

One year in the mid 90's his hometown honored him with a cheap framed jersey. A friend of mine there apologized to him.
They now have their renovated football stadium named after him.

His hometown of Cleveland, Ok? ...That doesn't surprise me. :D

texaspokieokie
4/13/2011, 05:57 PM
wasn't much TV in those days.

King Crimson
4/13/2011, 07:01 PM
Billy Vessels, not last year please.

FirstAndGoalOU
4/13/2011, 07:03 PM
OK

King Crimson
4/13/2011, 07:06 PM
OK

you go, bro.

FirstAndGoalOU
4/13/2011, 07:11 PM
you go, bro.

Having a bad day old man? Billy Vessels was our first Heisman winner? what is your problem?

FirstAndGoalOU
4/13/2011, 07:51 PM
Billy Vessels, not last year please.
King Crimson
http://www.realnets.com/jye/southpark_wow2.jpg

FirstAndGoalOU
4/13/2011, 07:52 PM

FirstAndGoalOU
4/13/2011, 07:52 PM
you go, bro.
King Crimson
http://www.realnets.com/jye/southpark_wow2.jpg

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/13/2011, 07:53 PM
you fixed it

We-TownSooner
4/13/2011, 07:54 PM
Nice triple post

FirstAndGoalOU
4/13/2011, 08:20 PM
Waste

of

bandwidth
Look all I was doing originally, was putting up some videos of Our past Heisman winners and speculating on possibilities of future hopefuls.

Sooner_Tuf
4/13/2011, 08:36 PM
Look all I was doing originally, was putting up some videos of Our past Heisman winners and speculating on possibilities of future hopefuls.

Thanks for posting the video. I hadn't seen it before. My folks were friends with Billy at OU and my dad stayed in touch with him for a good many years until my father passed away.

Both my folks are gone now and I think I maybe I can spot a couple that looks a lot like them in one of the crowd shots. No big surprise as they never missed a game for more than 40 years.

Thanks again man.

ictsooner7
4/13/2011, 10:18 PM
My dad went to OU in the early 50's and got through 3 years then dropped out, never got an explination of why, but it was hinted around that he partied with the football team his way out of school. I wish he would have told us about it before he passed.

owenfieldreams
4/14/2011, 08:09 AM
He and my brother-in-law came in as freshmen together. Both graduated in '52. My brother-in-law played behind Vessels his entire career. Bud called Vessels the only player he ever had who was not only the fastest player on the team but the toughest.

Remember, in those days, they played both ways.

FirstAndGoalOU
4/14/2011, 07:55 PM
He and my brother-in-law came in as freshmen together. Both graduated in '52. My brother-in-law played behind Vessels his entire career. Bud called Vessels the only player he ever had who was not only the fastest player on the team but the toughest.

Remember, in those days, they played both ways.Thank you for your memories, It means so much to so many of us....Please keep telling us any stories you may have. If you have any more stories or memories of the early days......[PLEASE TELL THEM TO US NOW] ......You are our [HISTORY] and you are a [Diamond,] Thank God we found you... NOW START SPEAKING..... [we must remember] I want to hear about Bud? what was he like. etc Go with it..
What was it like being student, where did you live, what and where did you eat, What kind of fun did you have, or crazy things that may have happened? What went on in those days? .

stoopified
4/16/2011, 12:57 PM
One thing that sticks with me about Curly is that he died the night before the 2001 OU-osu game,I guesshe knew what was coming and didn"t want to see it. Great player and by all accounts a great man.Part of God's ALL-Heaven OU team.Lately it seems God has taken too many of OUr guys SOONERrather than later. Daryl,Hunt,Jack Mildren,Rick Bryan, Derrick Shephard among others.