PDA

View Full Version : Musta done somethin' right...

ouwasp
4/12/2011, 11:28 PM
My twins are graduating from HS this yr. So, they've been applying for several scholarships. Today we found out they've both rec'd one (hopefully more to come ;) ). They're modest schollies, but anything helps.

My son beat out several kids with higher GPAs, including a couple valedictorians and his sister. This organization videotaped him during their interview...

"Who would you consider to have influenced you the most?"

"I would say my Dad... because he has taught me how to treat other people."

:)

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 11:35 PM
Congratulations!

OU?

ouwasp
4/12/2011, 11:48 PM
Congratulations!

OU?

Nope... one at a time, maybe. My daughter would do well in Norman. Both at a time, can't afford it. Not gonna have them mortage their future with student loans either.

reflector
4/13/2011, 12:27 AM
Congratulations!

olevetonahill
4/13/2011, 06:57 AM
Grats, It always makes ya feel Good when yer younguns do well, And acknowledge that YOU had sompun to do with it ;)

Whet
4/13/2011, 07:16 AM
Congratulations!

OUmillenium
4/13/2011, 10:03 AM
Excellent!

Turd_Ferguson
4/13/2011, 10:04 AM
Good jorb!!

saucysoonergal
4/13/2011, 10:04 AM
Best wishes. I am going to be in that boat soon. Scary stuff.

NormanPride
4/13/2011, 10:15 AM
My twins are graduating from HS this yr. So, they've been applying for several scholarships. Today we found out they've both rec'd one (hopefully more to come ;) ). They're modest schollies, but anything helps.

My son beat out several kids with higher GPAs, including a couple valedictorians and his sister. This organization videotaped him during their interview...

I think I would cry tears of joy if my kid said that about me. :D Congrats to them both!

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 10:24 AM

You got that without a bribe? :D ;)

Awesome! Good to hear their hard work is paying off. Cool to hear your kids give you credit for being such a good influence.

rekamrettuB
4/13/2011, 11:29 AM

He obviously knew you were going to be watching the tape and subsidize any non scholly costs. :D

Congrats. The wife and I are expecting twins (boy and girl) by the end of May. Hopefully I can post the same thing in 18 or so years.