PDA

View Full Version : One mans summary of Demarco Murrays future.

oumartin
4/12/2011, 10:39 PM
Narrowly built, one-cut, stretch-zone runner who will be overdrafted because of his size-speed combo, hands and return ability. Likely to spend a short-lived career in the training room once he has to deal with the rigors of the NFL.

:pop:

rainiersooner
4/12/2011, 10:48 PM
Yawn.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/12/2011, 11:15 PM
I think you just made Demarco sad in his pants.

SoonerDan74012
4/13/2011, 12:53 AM
This motherf***er must not have watched any OU football over that past 4 years. It's obvious in his full retard assessment.

usaosooner
4/13/2011, 01:15 AM
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/celebrity-pictures-hilton-attention-whore.jpg

Quik Sand
4/13/2011, 01:38 AM
:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
4/13/2011, 02:13 AM
My gut feeling is that DM's NFL career is not going to hinge on what people say about him, one way or the other. So who cares?

hawaii 5-0
4/13/2011, 02:42 AM
His career won't be cut short by lack of effort.

5-0

Trump/Boren 2012

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/13/2011, 02:52 AM
I think he is more talented than a Danny Woodhead. If he gets in the right system, he could be a very productive Brian Westbrook type if he gets in the right offense, and have a solid 10 year career. Or getting drafted by fools and be stuck in a horrible situation

Since71ASooner4Life
4/13/2011, 05:13 AM
Or getting drafted by fools and be stuck in a horrible situation

I knew somebody was going to talk about our Detroit Lions today

swardboy
4/13/2011, 05:52 AM
I've always thought that AD has been thrust into the worst situation he could experience. The Vikings are a comedy show which would be funny if it weren't truly happening. They can't overcome the tenacity of other teams' shutting down the run by countering with a halfway decent potent passing game.

And yet he's still the most feared runner in the NFL. If greatness is there, it will "out". Good luck DM.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/13/2011, 05:56 AM
I knew somebody was going to talk about our Detroit Lions today

I think Murray is safe from the Lions unless they mistakenly put WR next to his name. They can't get enough of those guys!

delhalew
4/13/2011, 07:12 AM
Sad little Martin is back again to talk **** on a Sooner hero. That's right people. This is the same poster that said Demarco was a "shell of his former self", just before he set a record or two during a great season full of courageous efforts.

Hey Martin, **** you.

BigJerm7
4/13/2011, 07:55 AM
Probably one of the same guys that said Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy would be better NFL QB's than Sam Bradford.

picasso
4/13/2011, 09:05 AM
DM is not an every down NFL back but to think he can't be productive in the NFL is just plain stupid.
Nearly as stupid as not appreciating what he's done for OU in his career.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/13/2011, 09:08 AM
Narrowly built, one-cut, stretch-zone runner

:pop:

agree with this...Indianapolis would be a great fit for DeMarco

85sooners
4/13/2011, 09:19 AM
Dm7

TahoeSOONER
4/13/2011, 10:39 AM
I think his style, great hands out of the backfield, will be a good fit for the right NFL team. Just like any other NFL back he just needs the right scheme and to stay healthy.

Get him in space and he's going to surprise a lot of teams.

badger
4/13/2011, 11:03 AM
Tom Brady scouting report prior to the 2000 NFL Draft: Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm.

NormanPride
4/13/2011, 11:18 AM
agree with this...Indianapolis would be a great fit for DeMarco
Packers

badger
4/13/2011, 11:35 AM
size-speed combo, hands and return ability

Did he do much kick/punt returning at OU? I'm not saying he couldn't, I'm just asking if he did.

He is Darren McFadden type running back - speedy and sleek - so he could get injured in the NFL with the wrong type of hit, much like in college. But given the right teammates around him, he could be a solid contributor that would be both a rushing and receiving threat.

I think his work ethic alone will get him on an NFL roster for at least the average three-year shelf live of pro players. Longer than that depends on how well he adjusts to the pro game and if he endures any injuries. It definitely won't be for the wrong reasons that he won't survive in the league... and because I'm in an A&M bashing mood, DM7 will not be out of the league because:

1- He was too fat and lazy to get into NFL shape (Jorvorskie Lane)
2- He was addicted to drugs like purple drank (Johnny Jolly)

oumartin
4/13/2011, 11:37 AM
Sad little Martin is back again to talk **** on a Sooner hero. That's right people. This is the same poster that said Demarco was a "shell of his former self", just before he set a record or two during a great season full of courageous efforts.

Hey Martin, **** you.

I didnt sau this dipsh!t, I posted it for debate. But yes I did say he was a shell of his former self and stand by that.

Okie35
4/13/2011, 11:40 AM
I think he is more talented than a Danny Woodhead. If he gets in the right system, he could be a very productive Brian Westbrook type if he gets in the right offense, and have a solid 10 year career. Or getting drafted by fools and be stuck in a horrible situation

good comparison on westbrook, i don't like the saints because they rival the bucs but really he would be very productive w/ an great offensive mind like sp, josh mcdaniels, etc...

Leroy Lizard
4/13/2011, 11:40 AM
I didnt sau this dipsh!t, I posted it for debate. But yes I did say he was a shell of his former self and stand by that.

:confused:

picasso
4/13/2011, 11:45 AM
Did he do much kick/punt returning at OU? I'm not saying he couldn't, I'm just asking if he did.

At one time he had the best KR percentage in OU history.

NormanPride
4/13/2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, he was excellent at kick returning. Not so much at punt returning.

Okie35
4/13/2011, 11:52 AM

He is Darren McFadden type running back - speedy and sleek - so he could get injured in the NFL with the wrong type of hit, much like in college. But given the right teammates around him, he could be a solid contributor that would be both a rushing and receiving threat.

I think his work ethic alone will get him on an NFL roster for at least the average three-year shelf live of pro players. Longer than that depends on how well he adjusts to the pro game and if he endures any injuries. It definitely won't be for the wrong reasons that he won't survive in the league... and because I'm in an A&M bashing mood, DM7 will not be out of the league because:

1- He was too fat and lazy to get into NFL shape (Jorvorskie Lane)
2- He was addicted to drugs like purple drank (Johnny Jolly)

Ehh Darren Mcfadden doesn't really have his hands. Felix Jones was the one w/ hands when they were at Arkansas. He more Felix Jones especially since they were both good returners.

KantoSooner
4/13/2011, 11:56 AM
I must be alone in thinking he'll do just fine in the NFL, supposing he doesn't get hurt.
In my opinion, he showed enough maturation between his last two years to give me basis for hope that he'll adapt to the pro-game and he has enough tools to contribute. I don't think he'll be a marquee back....but he's not going to cost a team franchise player money, either.
And he has the ability to really make somebody pay if they don't take him seriously.

Okie35
4/13/2011, 12:06 PM
I must be alone in thinking he'll do just fine in the NFL, supposing he doesn't get hurt.
In my opinion, he showed enough maturation between his last two years to give me basis for hope that he'll adapt to the pro-game and he has enough tools to contribute. I don't think he'll be a marquee back....but he's not going to cost a team franchise player money, either.
And he has the ability to really make somebody pay if they don't take him seriously.

I think he'll be fine too but at the same time w/ any player it all depends where they get drafted. Sometimes players just don't fit the system. Although, he's a hard worker so I think he'll pan out.

PalmBeachSooner
4/13/2011, 01:20 PM
Tom Brady scouting report prior to the 2000 NFL Draft: Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm.

Yeah...well...Bardy is no Uncle Rico now is he?

Curly Bill
4/13/2011, 02:49 PM
With the right team he can be a contributor primarily as a 3rd down type back, maybe help some on returns.

JRAM
4/13/2011, 10:02 PM
Face facts. oumartin has **** for brains, if anything at all.