PDA

View Full Version : Stoops on Corey Nelson.....

adoniijahsooner
4/12/2011, 07:40 PM
"looks like our best player on defense. In fact, it's not even close."

Per John Hoover's twitter

http://twitter.com/johnehoover

cccasooner2
4/12/2011, 07:46 PM
McLain with broken colar bone. WR dwindling lately. :(

adoniijahsooner
4/12/2011, 07:48 PM
"O-line looks significantly better than a year ago. Made a big jump. There's a good tidbit for you."

picasso
4/12/2011, 07:51 PM
McLain with broken colar bone. WR dwindling lately. :(

Hey, it's April, hang in there.

Nelson news is quite welcomed!

Wishboned
4/12/2011, 10:53 PM
Bob Stoops today on playing Bedlam Dec. 3: "I think it's great. We're usually playing Dec. 3-4-5 anyway, championship week."

That's one great quote.

yankee
4/12/2011, 11:01 PM
In before Jersey Sooner masturbates to this thread...................

jersey sooner
4/12/2011, 11:09 PM
Way too late, my friend. Way too late.

bmjlr
4/13/2011, 08:12 AM
Bob Stoops today on playing Bedlam Dec. 3: "I think it's great. We're usually playing Dec. 3-4-5 anyway, championship week." #sooners

:D

Partial Qualifier
4/13/2011, 08:31 AM
Bob Stoops today on playing OU-OSU Dec. 3: "I think it's great. We're usually playing Dec. 3-4-5 anyway, championship week."

That's one great quote.

yep, he was looking at Texas and OSU when he said that

and I bet he was looking at whomever on defense was half-assing it yesterday when he made the quote about corey nelson

KantoSooner
4/13/2011, 08:45 AM
When will we know that Metoyer is in or out for summer practice?

oudavid1
4/13/2011, 09:22 AM
When will we know that Metoyer is in or out for summer practice?

you mean conditioning right?

And why wouldnt he be?

KantoSooner
4/13/2011, 10:13 AM
My understanding was that he was in limbo waiting on making his grades. If he didn't, then he couldn't enrol and would therefore not be on the team. If he can't enrol, then his physical conditioning is largely academic. (pun intended).

bornnbredou
4/13/2011, 10:22 AM
thats great, lot of good quotes from hoovers twitter...man this season cant get here fast enough, i hope mccay heals up and powell works out at CB because we are really thin there.

oudavid1
4/13/2011, 12:58 PM
thats great, lot of good quotes from hoovers twitter...man this season cant get here fast enough, i hope mccay heals up and powell works out at CB because we are really thin there.

i really think we will make it. Martinez...this is your time to shine.

Wishboned
4/13/2011, 03:19 PM
yep, he was looking at Texas and OSU when he said that

and I bet he was looking at whomever on defense was half-assing it yesterday when he made the quote about corey nelson

And Stoops is 9 and 2 in games played in December.

jersey sooner
4/13/2011, 03:35 PM
i hope powell works out at CB because we are really thin there.

I think it's safety we're thin at.

edit: and I thought McCay was healing up?

NormanPride
4/13/2011, 04:10 PM
If Nelson is the best on D he should start, right?

...right?

SGA
4/13/2011, 04:37 PM
If Nelson is the best on D he should start, right?

...right?

I'm taking this to mean that maybe he's the best going into the scrimmage?

Hard to imagine he's better than T-Lew, T Jefferson and our D Ends ...

Either way, it can NOT be a bad thing he is getting that kind of props from Stoops

NormanPride
4/13/2011, 04:54 PM
Last year Stoops and even Lewis said he was amazing. Lewis said Nelson was better than Travis himself coming in. I can see that he could be better than even Travis now, but it's a bit of a stretch.

BoomerJ
4/13/2011, 07:13 PM
Last year Stoops and even Lewis said he was amazing. Lewis said Nelson was better than Travis himself coming in. I can see that he could be better than even Travis now, but it's a bit of a stretch.

Nelson is behind Lewis at Will, correct?

King Crimson
4/13/2011, 07:17 PM
i'm actually not that excited about playing those clowns in Stillwater again.

kind of like ATM and Mizzou last year, we are kind of running out of ways to beat those guys.

starclassic tama
4/13/2011, 09:14 PM
scoring more points than them seems to have worked out pretty well the past 8 years.

Rocko
4/13/2011, 10:45 PM

Travis' 3 years of PT will probably keep him ahead of Nelson for the season. However, the prospect of having a OLB that will step right in where Lewis left off, and do a better job. Drool worthy.

Quik Sand
4/13/2011, 10:59 PM
i'm actually not that excited about playing those clowns in Stillwater again.

kind of like ATM and Mizzou last year, we are kind of running out of ways to beat those guys.Think they have beaten us up there like 3 times in the last 40+ years. That pumpkin stadium does not intimidate any team that is worth a damn.

Salt City Sooner
4/13/2011, 11:37 PM
Think they have beaten us up there like 3 times in the last 40+ years. That pumpkin stadium does not intimidate any team that is worth a damn.
x2. Despite the fact that it's made for some good games (especially recently) OSU has actually won more in Norman than they have in Stilly.

Soonermagik
4/14/2011, 09:39 AM
Would love to see a 3-4 with Lewis, Box, Nelson and the Brit!!

NormanPride
4/14/2011, 10:11 AM
We could throw him in the 50 that we run now. That would be sick. And yes, he is behind Travis at the Will.

SoonerMarkVA
4/14/2011, 10:32 AM
I absolutely love it when we snag players from other teams on signing day that go on to be stars: Broyles, T. Lewis, N. Harris. Hopefully Nelson is next in line!

PalmBeachSooner
4/14/2011, 01:53 PM
"looks like our best player on defense. In fact, it's not even close."

Per John Hoover's twitter

http://twitter.com/johnehoover

Which means he'll be on special teams...until they come up with a hybrid position for him. (See Ronnel Lewis career and hyperbole from Coach Stoops).

SoonerofAlabama
4/15/2011, 03:52 PM
May be off subject, but Travis Lewis seems on his game this year. Even already in the preseason, he seems to be ready for whatever this season will bring. He seems fired up, and I hope he brings the attitude on the field.