PDA

View Full Version : Libya

okie52
4/12/2011, 07:21 PM
The Brits and the French want to step it up. That, of course, means for us to step it up.

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 07:23 PM
Their minimalist armed forces can't get the job done...so they ask for help from the country they like to laugh at for spending so much on military might....

okie52
4/12/2011, 07:29 PM
We are gullible.

SoonerBread
4/12/2011, 07:44 PM
Should stay away. Get tired of being thought of as a bully. Let them protect their own interests. Might make them change their minds next time they want to ridicule us for protecting ours.

okie52
4/12/2011, 07:48 PM
France didn't have a problem telling us to FO on Iraq.

We kind of owe the Brits though.

SoonerBread
4/12/2011, 07:51 PM
We kind of owe the Brits though.

The way I see it, with WW2, we should be square.

okie52
4/12/2011, 07:56 PM
Maybe WWI but WWII Japan called that shot.

AlboSooner
4/12/2011, 08:06 PM
We saved many lives. I feel we've done our part. Let's bring them ships and fighters jets home.

Fraggle145
4/12/2011, 08:21 PM
Waste of ****ing money.

SoonerBread
4/12/2011, 10:37 PM
Maybe WWI but WWII Japan called that shot.

Yes, but London is still here because of us, not the Brits.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 10:40 PM
I think we might ought to help in case Canada or Mexico ever attacks us. Then we can call for our Allies help. :D

okie52
4/13/2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, but London is still here because of us, not the Brits.

You could say lend lease helped the Brits survive until June, 1941, when the Soviets entered the war.

The Germans had given up on invading England following the Battle of Britain when they couldn't gain air supremacy. The Germans were in no position to launch an invasion without air supremacy and certainly not after their new
2nd front with the Soviets.

Plus, we needed England as a staging area for our invasion of Europe as well as a place to bomb Germany. The Brits certainly held their own in that endeavor as well as N Africa.

Now had America not entered the war I am not sure of the outcome (if that was your position). Would the Soviets been able to beat the Germans? I don't think England would have been invaded till after that conflict was resolved. Also, the Germans and Japanese didn't work too well as allies. Had Stalin's intelligence not informed him that Japan was about to attack the US and not the Soviets, he probably wouldn't have released those crack divisions that were guarding Soviet territory from invasion by Japan (through China) to launch a counteroffensive around Moscow. Had Japan, instead, coordinated an attack on the Soviets with Germany, Moscow probably would have fallen.