PDA

View Full Version : Guy orders a margarita - gets apple juice

Mississippi Sooner
4/12/2011, 09:29 AM
The company that owns the Applebee's restaurant chain said on Monday it was immediately retraining its workers nationwide after a server at a suburban Detroit location accidentally served alcohol to a toddler.

The company, California-based DineEquity Inc, said it would also change the way it serves juice to youngsters to eliminate the chance of any mixups that could result in any more toddlers receiving mixed drinks.

On Friday, Taylor Dill-Reese went to an Applebee's in Madison Heights, Michigan, where -- among other things -- she ordered her 15-month-old son Dominick an apple juice.

What the little boy apparently got instead was a margarita. His mom told WDIV-TV that she only realized something was wrong when Dominick "kind of laid his head on the table and dozed off a little bit and woke up and got real happy."

The little boy reportedly began hailing strangers, too.

Applebee's released a statement on Monday saying it was relieved that Dominick was "not seriously injured as a result of accidentally receiving the wrong beverage" and apologizing to his family "for the stress and worry this caused them."

It said it would begin to serve apple juice to children only from single-serve containers at the table and would "retrain all severs on our beverage pouring policy, emphasizing that non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages must be stored in completely separate and identified containers."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/oukoe_uk_applebees_alcohol

"began hailing strangers" LMAO

NormanPride
4/12/2011, 09:40 AM
It was later stated that the youngster was proclaiming he was best friends with everyone, and had a large craving for Taco Bell.

Viking Kitten
4/12/2011, 09:51 AM
Reports also indicated the child later placed a phone call to an ex-girlfriend from daycare, repeatedly asking the toddler why she no longer loved him.

Mongo
4/12/2011, 09:54 AM
It was later stated that the youngster was proclaiming he was best friends with everyone, and had a large craving for Taco Bell.

and he woke up the next morning laying by a fat 14 month old girl

C&CDean
4/12/2011, 09:56 AM
Reports further indicate that the child's best friend had to hold his head out of the commode for half the night.

mgsooner
4/12/2011, 09:59 AM
Something about this doesn't pass the smell test. So somebody just happened to mix up a margarita and "accidentally" poured it in a cup that is exclusively used for children's beverages? Or did they just bring the kiddo out a salt-rimmed rita glass and the parent didn't notice?

yermom
4/12/2011, 10:01 AM
yeah, i don't really see how this happened either

mgsooner
4/12/2011, 10:03 AM
Smells like a prank gone too far

Mississippi Sooner
4/12/2011, 10:06 AM
The movie Waiting comes to mind.

yermom
4/12/2011, 10:06 AM
i hope the kid didn't get batwinged too

Mjcpr
4/12/2011, 10:11 AM
and he woke up the next morning laying by a fat 14 month old girl

And it took, like, an hour and a half.

mgsooner
4/12/2011, 10:30 AM
Do people really go to Applebee's?

texaspokieokie
4/12/2011, 10:37 AM

we do.

yermom
4/12/2011, 10:39 AM

not if i can help it

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 11:58 AM
It said it would begin to serve apple juice to children only from single-serve containers at the table and would "retrain all severs on our beverage pouring policy, emphasizing that non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages must be stored in completely separate and identified containers."

An intense training session I am sure it is. Does everyone get a certificate demonstrating that they can mark a container and pour contents from it properly?

NormanPride
4/12/2011, 12:15 PM
Where else am I supposed to get my toddler boozed up?

Canyonero
4/12/2011, 12:21 PM
i hope the kid didn't get batwinged too

It's so veiny

cccasooner2
4/12/2011, 12:23 PM
Was the mom's purse checked for apple juice "residue"?

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:30 PM
I'd rather have an cranberry Juice/Cosmo in a sippy cup so Dean don't make fun of me. :D

OULenexaman
4/12/2011, 12:52 PM
an attempt at a law suit....total BS...

3rdgensooner
4/12/2011, 01:00 PM
I prefer my margaritas in a tippy cup.

Adrian
4/12/2011, 01:53 PM
It sounds like the child was making too much noise, and the parents bribed the server to medicate the child...

sappstuf
4/12/2011, 02:15 PM
Found a picture of the kid's waiter..

http://www.planet-familyguy.com/pfg/images/characters/oldman.jpg

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 02:46 PM
Just my opinion but if you are a dude and are ordering yourself a margarita you may as well be ordering a Zima or Mojito.

Hay eyyyyyyy

Mississippi Sooner
4/12/2011, 03:12 PM
Just my opinion but if you are a dude and are ordering yourself a margarita you may as well be ordering a Zima or Mojito.

Hay eyyyyyyy

Yep. Don't know why anybody would want to ruin tequila by mixing it with anything.

NormanPride
4/12/2011, 03:41 PM

Hay eyyyyyyy
Because if I have to go to a restaurant like that, I need alcohol. And their tequila tastes like rat **** without a ton of sugar and lime added.

stoopified
4/12/2011, 03:42 PM
Where else am I supposed to get my toddler boozed up? :D I would have said Eskimo Joes but I guess that is more for sheeplovers.

tator
4/12/2011, 03:47 PM
Because if I have to go to a restaurant like that, I need alcohol. And their tequila tastes like rat **** without a ton of sugar and lime added.
Applebee's makes their own tequila? I'm pretty sure it's just the name brands that any bar serves.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 03:48 PM

I'll grant you a pass if it is at a Mexican restaurant. I tend to go with a Tecate or Modello there though.

jumperstop
4/12/2011, 03:59 PM
I'll grant you a pass if it is at a Mexican restaurant. I tend to go with a Tecate or Modello there though.

Those beers suck...and you guys are making fun of people who like margaritas. I love me a margarita. Hell I'll drink any cocktail, I don't give a **** what you think. They taste good and get you ****ed up. My stomach can't handle shots of liquor. As long the name doesn't start with a fruit and end in tini I'll try it.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 04:05 PM
Those beers suck...and you guys are making fun of people who like margaritas. I love me a margarita. Hell I'll drink any cocktail, I don't give a **** what you think. They taste good and get you ****ed up. My stomach can't handle shots of liquor. As long the name doesn't start with a fruit and end in tini I'll try it.

What do you do with the umbrella when you are finished with your drinks?

mgsooner
4/12/2011, 04:05 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to say those beers "suck". Modelo is actually a pretty nice little cheapo lager. I'd certainly rather drink it than P!ss Light or any of the other crappy domestics that most people drink. Honestly there really aren't any Mexican beers that are all that superlative. Negra Modelo is good, but it's not great.

jumperstop
4/12/2011, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say those beers "suck". Modelo is actually a pretty nice little cheapo lager. I'd certainly rather drink it than P!ss Light or any of the other crappy domestics that most people drink. Honestly there really aren't any Mexican beers that are all that superlative. Negra Modelo is good, but it's not great.

I don't drink Mexican beers, only full flavored beers.

jumperstop
4/12/2011, 04:12 PM
What do you do with the umbrella when you are finished with your drinks?

Sure, I prefer the sword through a cherry and orange though... :D

I just think it's ridiculous that some of you guys wouldn't order a drink because some homophobic fear that you might be less manly after you're done. They taste good, get me crunk real quick. What else you looking for?

mgsooner
4/12/2011, 04:13 PM
I don't drink Mexican beers, only full flavored beers.

Then if you were ever going to try a Mexican brew, I would suggest Negra Modelo. It's probably as close as you're going to get to what you like. If you're out at Mexican restaurant sometime and are bored give one a try.

saucysoonergal
4/12/2011, 04:14 PM
Drink Pacifico you sissies. Doleo isn't always wrong!!!

;)

cccasooner2
4/12/2011, 04:17 PM

Chips, salsa, and a snow-cone margarita sucked through a straw is my idea of heaven.

NormanPride
4/12/2011, 04:19 PM
Pacifico is awesome.

jumperstop
4/12/2011, 04:29 PM
Then if you were ever going to try a Mexican brew, I would suggest Negra Modelo. It's probably as close as you're going to get to what you like. If you're out at Mexican restaurant sometime and are bored give one a try.

I guess I probably will have to. I just remember having it back in the day and didn't like it. Of course that was in my beginning drinking days when I didn't enjoy the beer for the beer, only to get drunk.

NormanPride
4/12/2011, 04:31 PM
Or you could apparently pour a ton of tomato sauce in a bud light and chug it. That's apparently haute Mexican cuisine. ;)

3rdgensooner
4/12/2011, 04:31 PM
I just think it's ridiculous that some of you guys wouldn't order a drink because some homophobic fear that you might be less manly after you're done. They taste good, get me crunk real quick. What else you looking for?Right.
As long the name doesn't start with a fruit and end in tini I'll try it.

NormanPride
4/12/2011, 04:34 PM
fruitini's give him gas.

3rdgensooner
4/12/2011, 04:36 PM
fruitini's give him gas.But not the gay.

caseysooner
Whoever says margaritas are lame hasn't had a good one

KantoSooner
An intense training session I am sure it is. Does everyone get a certificate demonstrating that they can mark a container and pour contents from it properly?

This.

I spent an inordinate period of time in my life writing 'Corrective Action Reports' for various customers. Training was always part of it, and you always had to 'document' the training. Typically things like training workers to remove their packs of ciggies from outside pockets (Intel was not amused with the free Marlboros they received in a package of materials marked 'Cleanroom Ready').
How do you 'train' people to not put alcohol in juice containers? Maybe you start by trying the concept of not putting drain cleaner in water pitchers? I pity the poor bastidge who'll have to write this one. And then rewrite it when JR from the legal department decides to put his spin on it.

jumperstop
4/12/2011, 04:38 PM
Right.

I was hoping that someone wouldn't see I contradicted myself. I've had them though, just don't like martinis really. I was at BWW the other day at the bar with my lady, I ordered an LIT she ordered their tall as glass of Boulevard. I didn't care what the guys next to me were thinking. But all I'm saying is there are no "girl" and "man" drinks...

Mississippi Sooner
4/12/2011, 04:42 PM
There's this little place in Pensacola that makes something called Caribbean martinis. They just have these big jars full of tropical fruit that they fill with vodka and let it soak for some length of time. All I know is that you can get sideways just eating the fruit out of the jar. That stuff is delicious.

jumperstop
4/12/2011, 04:51 PM
There's this little place in Pensacola that makes something called Caribbean martinis. They just have these big jars full of tropical fruit that they fill with vodka and let it soak for some length of time. All I know is that you can get sideways just eating the fruit out of the jar. That stuff is delicious.

That's why I stay away from the vodka...lol

cccasooner2
4/12/2011, 04:57 PM
This.

I spent an inordinate period of time in my life writing 'Corrective Action Reports' for various customers. Training was always part of it, and you always had to 'document' the training. Typically things like training workers to remove their packs of ciggies from outside pockets (Intel was not amused with the free Marlboros they received in a package of materials marked 'Cleanroom Ready'). How do you 'train' people to not put alcohol in juice containers? Maybe you start by trying the concept of not putting drain cleaner in water pitchers? I pity the poor bastidge who'll have to write this one. And then rewrite it when JR from the legal department decides to put his spin on it.

LOL, I feel your pain.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 04:57 PM
Or you could apparently pour a ton of tomato sauce in a bud light and chug it. That's apparently haute Mexican cuisine. ;)

I LOVE me a Chelada. They are so f'ing good

NormanPride
4/12/2011, 05:02 PM
I LOVE me a Chelada. They are so f'ing good
I guess it's the thought of V8 in anything that makes me gag.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 05:05 PM
I guess it's the thought of V8 in anything that makes me gag.

It's actually not a V8 (which I love) but the Bloody Mary mix Chelada I believe. I guess I can't say anything about mixers as I'll never pass up a bloody mary.

tator
4/12/2011, 08:39 PM
I was hoping that someone wouldn't see I contradicted myself. I've had them though, just don't like martinis really. I was at BWW the other day at the bar with my lady, I ordered an LIT she ordered their tall as glass of Boulevard. I didn't care what the guys next to me were thinking. But all I'm saying is there are no "girl" and "man" drinks...
Wine spritzer. You like those too?

jumperstop
4/12/2011, 08:43 PM
Wine spritzer. You like those too?

Can't say I've ever had one, but if I did it wouldn't make me gay or less of a man.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 09:36 PM
Can't say I've ever had one, but if I did it wouldn't make me gay or less of a man.

Negative. It would make you a pillow biter.