PDA

View Full Version : To which one of these people do you feel more negative?

Boarder
4/11/2011, 09:14 PM
Person 1: A Mexican person who comes to the US illegally. They do not even try to go through the proper channels for citizenship, they assume it's hopeless. Instead, they come here and do manual labor, such as field work, landscaping, roofing, etc. They do not make much money, but what they do make they send back home to their family.

Person 2: This person has a father who is a 100% disabled veteran. Their father has qualified for and received a tax exempt card, which entitles him to buy goods without paying sales tax. Person 2 uses his father's card to buy goods for himself and skip paying sales tax. The goods he buys have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with his father. They are not being bought for his father's use, on his behalf, or anything else. In other words, person 2 may use the tax exempt card to buy a 55" LED TV for his house that is 100 miles away from and never visited by his father.

Who, if either, do you feel is being worse?

This is just an experiment, btw.

SoCaliSooner
4/11/2011, 09:16 PM
One is a cockroach and the other is a worthless bottom feeder.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2011, 09:20 PM
There was an interesting story on NPR this morning about illegals who are paying both state and federal taxes in an effort to show that they're committed to doing the right thing if given a chance at citizenship. I'd sure rather have the illegals that they interviewed in my community than person 2.

Turd_Ferguson
4/11/2011, 09:23 PM
There was an interesting story on NPR this morning about illegals who are paying both state and federal taxes in an effort to show that they're committed to doing the right thing if given a chance at citizenship. I'd sure rather have the illegals that they interviewed in my community than person 2.Yeah, I once stole two candy bars at TG&Y and got caught. I tried to give them back. It didn't work.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I once stole two candy bars at TG&Y and got caught. I tried to give them back. It didn't work.

Are you talking about the illegals or person 2?

Turd_Ferguson
4/11/2011, 09:27 PM
Are you talking about the illegals or person 2?pick 1...or 2.

Blue
4/11/2011, 09:31 PM
My foreman gets a W-9, his crew however more than likely does not.

Norm In Norman
4/11/2011, 09:33 PM
Stop ****ing with my mind, man!

JohnnyMack
4/11/2011, 09:34 PM
Who the **** is that guy?

AlbqSooner
4/12/2011, 06:08 AM
I know

Tulsa_Fireman
4/12/2011, 08:44 AM
Have any of the above choices witnessed an alien craft or UFO and subsequently been anally probed?

yermom
4/12/2011, 08:49 AM
I evade taxes online all the time. That guy is dumb enough to pay retail it sounds like. I guess he's doing more for the local economy than I am

3rdgensooner
4/12/2011, 09:16 AM
Avoiding taxation is the American way.

C&CDean
4/12/2011, 09:31 AM

America! **** Yeah!

2121Sooner
4/12/2011, 10:10 AM
I think number 2

Not just because he/she doesn't pay their taxes, but because they don't pay their taxes and then they become part of Obama's cabinet and tell me I need to pay more.

Not that THAT has ever happened

Jammin'
4/12/2011, 10:11 AM
I think #2 as well. Mainly because I don't have the ability to do that and I'd like to.

The mexican can keep his ****ty job, I want nothing to do with that.

sooneron
4/12/2011, 10:12 AM

Isn't moving to the North American land mass and squatting the American way, too!? :D

JohnnyMack
4/12/2011, 10:35 AM
Isn't moving to the North American land mass and squatting the American way, too!? :D

Smallpox. You're welcome.

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 12:01 PM
There was an interesting story on NPR this morning about illegals who are paying both state and federal taxes in an effort to show that they're committed to doing the right thing if given a chance at citizenship.

Well, they filed a return. Most likely they paid little or no money since their income is below the cutoff line.

If so, that doesn't count.

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 12:03 PM

Columbus checked, and his move to America violated no laws.

OU_Sooners75
4/12/2011, 12:13 PM
Who cares? No matter what we say, nothing will change in either of them!

OUmillenium
4/12/2011, 01:20 PM
There was an interesting story on NPR this morning about illegals who are paying both state and federal taxes in an effort to show that they're committed to doing the right thing if given a chance at citizenship. I'd sure rather have the illegals that they interviewed in my community than person 2.

...or the illegals that are causing the murder rate in north Tulsa to skyrocket beyond the regular gang related kills that are the lead in to the evening news at the local networks.

JohnnyMack
4/12/2011, 01:26 PM
...or the illegals that are causing the murder rate in north Tulsa to skyrocket beyond the regular gang related kills that are the lead in to the evening news at the local networks.

Most of the illegals kill each other on the east side. Vato.

Boarder
4/12/2011, 02:30 PM
Is it more disturbing that person 2 is using a disabled veteran card instead of, say, person 2's restaurant's resale sales tax permit to buy the tv?

sooneron
4/12/2011, 03:02 PM
Columbus checked, and his move to America violated no laws.

Checked with whom? Pretty sure he didn't "check" before he went back to Europe to draft guys on the promise of "free *****". Plus, that clueless **** was lost and the vikes beat him by a couple hundred years.

delhalew
4/12/2011, 03:06 PM
The only people I dislike more than illegal beaners are Hodjies...unless you work for the government or go around running your mouth about raising taxes, IDGAS if you pay your taxes. I recommend we all stop paying federal income tax.

saucysoonergal
4/12/2011, 03:30 PM
The only people I dislike more than illegal beaners are Hodjies...unless you work for the government or go around running your mouth about raising taxes, IDGAS if you pay your taxes. I recommend we all stop paying federal income tax.

Nope, we don't need national defense or highways systems.

delhalew
4/12/2011, 03:33 PM
Nope, we don't need national defense or highways systems.

See. She's on board.

jumperstop
4/12/2011, 03:47 PM
I evade taxes online all the time. That guy is dumb enough to pay retail it sounds like. I guess he's doing more for the local economy than I am

In oklahoma you're supposed to report all online purchases. Have you not seen the elephant in the room ads? I wouldn't report that **** though... :D

As for the disabled veteran, I honestly think many people don't deserve it. My step mom's dad is 100% disabled and gets tax exempt, which I don't mind because it benefits me. The part I don't think is fair is he's just hard of hearing, from the jets on the air craft carrier. There are people who lost an arm who aren't 100% disabled....That's the only issue I have.