PDA

View Full Version : Illegals...why the hate?

okie52
4/11/2011, 08:20 PM
They are immigrants. Why can't you understand that?

MR2-Sooner86
4/11/2011, 08:23 PM
:pop:

okie52
4/11/2011, 08:27 PM
There is love in OK for illegals. Not the kind of love that is wrap yourself around someone that can't speak English...the kind of love that says I like your burritos and your lawncare.

My maid goes by an alias. Is that wrong?

SoCaliSooner
4/11/2011, 08:32 PM
Since you aren't a border state you don't have 90% of the problems that border states have with them wrecking entire neighborhoods, feeding into the gangs, overcrowding hospitals where they don't pay and schools where they don't learn.

87sooner
4/11/2011, 08:52 PM
i dropped off 2 steers at my butcher today...
there were at least 4 mexicans working there that couldn't speak a word of english...
but i'm sure they're here legally...

okie52
4/11/2011, 08:58 PM
Since you aren't a border state you don't have 90% of the problems that border states have with them wrecking entire neighborhoods, feeding into the gangs, overcrowding hospitals where they don't pay and schools where they don't learn.

Now, that's no way to be. Think of what the landscaping and roofing crews would be without them.

Juarez is a beautiful place.

okie52
4/11/2011, 09:00 PM
i dropped off 2 steers at my butcher today...
there were at least 4 mexicans working there that couldn't speak a word of english...
but i'm sure they're here legally...

Please. Undocumented workers.

Sheesh.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 09:01 PM
Blame those that hire them not those that come here looking to better their lives.

MamaMia
4/11/2011, 09:09 PM
They are immigrants. Why can't you understand that?I don't have a problem with legal immigrants. People who are in our country illegally however...I'm all for deporting them.

SoonerKnight
4/11/2011, 09:13 PM
They improve the economy a lot! :rolleyes:

Blue
4/11/2011, 09:13 PM
Blame those that hire them not those that come here looking to better their lives.

I've said it a million times. I will sub out my roofing jobs to hispanics every day of the week over some white dudes. They work their *** off, they are fast, and they are low maintenance. If i want some guys to stand around, smoke cigs, and take 5 times as long and do ****tier work, I'll hire a white crew.

MamaMia
4/11/2011, 09:22 PM
I've said it a million times. I will sub out my roofing jobs to hispanics every day of the week over some white dudes. They work their *** off, they are fast, and they are low maintenance. If i want some guys to stand around, smoke cigs, and take 5 times as long and do ****tier work, I'll hire a white crew.

Sub it out to legal hispanics then.

okie52
4/11/2011, 09:23 PM

So you hire illegals. Good for you. The US chamber of commerce supports you.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 09:24 PM

They should immigrate.

http://www.immigrationdirect.com/?gclid=CPSCx-TxlagCFchJ2godtWnNDQ

okie52
4/11/2011, 09:24 PM
They improve the economy a lot! :rolleyes:

They do. And they are great for our infrastructure too.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 09:25 PM
Sub it out to legal hispanics then.

This. I don't care who they are or what they look like so long as the ones hired here keep their earnings here and aren't using Western Union to send it all back home.

Blue
4/11/2011, 09:27 PM
This. I don't care who they are or what they look like so long as the ones hired here keep their earnings here and aren't using Western Union to send it all back home.

My foreman is legal. He's from New York. he's got Ins and Workers Comp. His crews are another story. They interchange alot and frankly all look alike. They are damn good workers though.

AlboSooner
4/11/2011, 09:30 PM

If it weren't for their illegality, the Mexicans would do the same thing as the white crew.

I don't get Mexico. I just don't get that country still being so poor, with so many problems. They have tons of land, tons of resources, tons of ocean property, tons of tourism, I don't get why Mexico is so poor. They have no natural predator, they didn't do much fighting in WWI or WWII. US gives them tons of aid, tons of dollars are spent there by US tourists....

I can understand some country in africa with no resources, but Mexico ????

somebody explain this paradox

okie52
4/11/2011, 09:33 PM
Turned in my lawn guy last year. Wanted me to explain to him why I wouldn't pay him for mowing the neighbors lawn. Haven't seen him in about a year. Feel a little bad about since he had 2 kids he always brought to the house.

My maids are the next to go. Always using an alias. I am sure that they mean well but we have to draw the line somewhere.

I'll miss them.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 09:35 PM
Turned in my lawn guy last year. Wanted me to explain to him why I wouldn't pay him for mowing the neighbors lawn. Haven't seen him in about a year. Feel a little bad about since he had 2 kids he always brought to the house.

My maids are the next to go. Always using an alias. I am sure that they mean well but we have to draw the line somewhere.

I'll miss them.

Ha ha ha Awesome

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 09:36 PM
Town I reside in is a sanctuary and all of the neighborhood associations love them. A few dollars an hour not only takes away money a young teenager could be earning, but it goes a long way back in Guatemala.

BTW, Mexico won't let illegals into their country. This nation is backasswards.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 09:37 PM

The last two times I replaced a roof.....the guy I paid had to come out and fix my roof 4 times. That's 8 problems. I replaced the 1st one because it looked like it was time. The 1st one was done by white guys and never leaked.

I will never pay for another roofing job by some lazy *** middle-man who has a bunch of un-insured workers running around on top of my house. The first time someone has one of those guys fall off their roof and hurt themselves.....they'll be glad they took the time to checkout who they are hiring to work on their house.

Never use un-reputable people like this folks. It's not worth it. Just hire the guy that's actually on the job. As soon as they show up and the guy you hired isn't there.....run them off. Also....never pay up front for a job. Pay when the job is done. Also....make sure you are totally happy once it's done and have it inspected by an expert if you are afraid you might have gotten involved with a scam artist. It the guy doing the job is reputable....he'll wait a day to get paid.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 09:39 PM
and everytime you hire out an unlicensed worker and illegal you are hurting law abiding small businesses that can't compete with their law breaking ways.

AlboSooner
4/11/2011, 09:39 PM
There aren't bigger racists that Mexicans towards Guatemalans. The Mexican hypocrisy is shameful, when considering they are building a wall with Guatemala... (http://www.examiner.com/immigration-reform-in-national/hypocritical-mexico-is-now-building-their-own-wall-on-border-with-guatemala-press-ignores?cid=examiner-email&sms_ss=facebook)

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 09:40 PM
There aren't bigger racists that Mexicans towards Guatemalans. The Mexican hypocrisy is shameful, when considering they are building a wall with Guatemala... (http://www.examiner.com/immigration-reform-in-national/hypocritical-mexico-is-now-building-their-own-wall-on-border-with-guatemala-press-ignores?cid=examiner-email&sms_ss=facebook)

Yet Obama let's their President stand in our Congress and lecture us not to build a wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlboSooner
Yet Obama let's their President stand in our Congress and lecture US not to build a wall.
Bush didn't want to do anything about it either. It's messed up

SoonerNate
Bush didn't want to do anything about it either. It's messed up

Which is why Bush was an ***.

edit: Since when is a.ss a bad word?

SanJoaquinSooner
4/11/2011, 09:41 PM

There is love in OK for illegals. Not the kind of love that is wrap yourself around someone that can't speak English...the kind of love that says I like your burritos and your lawncare.

My maid goes by an alias. Is that wrong?

Now, that's no way to be. Think of what the landscaping and roofing crews would be without them.

Juarez is a beautiful place.

Please. Undocumented workers.

Sheesh.

So you hire illegals. Good for you. The US chamber of commerce supports you.

They do. And they are great for our infrastructure too.

I'll miss them.

Okie52, I've been meaning to tell you all that weed you smoked in college was laced with dumbass.

Blue
4/11/2011, 09:41 PM
The last two times I replaced a roof.....the guy I paid had to come out and fix my roof 4 times. That's 8 problems. I replaced the 1st one because it looked like it was time. The 1st one was done by white guys and never leaked.

I will never pay for another roofing job by some lazy *** middle-man who has a bunch of un-insured workers running around on top of my house. The first time someone has one of those guys fall off their roof and hurt themselves.....they'll be glad they took the time to checkout who they are hiring to work on their house.

Never use un-reputable people like this folks. It's not worth it. Just hire the guy that's actually on the job. As soon as they show up and the guy you hired isn't there.....run them off. Also....never pay up front for a job. Pay when the job is done. Also....make sure you are totally happy once it's done and have it inspected by an expert if you are afraid you might have gotten involved with a scam artist. It the guy doing the job is reputable....he'll wait a day to get paid.
Wow. You are an unbelievable *********.

1. I'm BBB.

2. I'm insured, bonded, and licensed

3. Many references of satisfied customers.

I'm sorry you are such a miserable sack of **** you feel the need to try and tear someone down on the internet. You know nothing about my business.

Your post really speaks for itself.

olevetonahill
4/11/2011, 09:43 PM
I hate em cause it pisses jaun off :D

oumartin
4/11/2011, 09:45 PM
they are the best fence builders, insulaters and roofers in the business. Other than that stay outta my country.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 09:46 PM

1. I'm BBB.

I'm sorry you are such a miserable sack of **** you feel the need to try and tear someone down on the internet. You know nothing about my business.

I wouldn't hire you. I don't do business like that.

Also....I didn't call you a miserable sack of ****....I just don't like the way you do business.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 09:47 PM

Amen brother. I've had the same experience with them.

Nice to see there are still ethical people out there like yourself.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2011, 09:47 PM
they are the best fence builders, insulaters and roofers in the business. Other than that stay outta my country.

My cold, fenceless and somewhat airy country.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/11/2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by StoopTroup
The last two times I replaced a roof.....the guy I paid had to come out and fix my roof 4 times. That's

Troup, Geezeus, next time just buy a new trailer.

Blue
4/11/2011, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't hire you. I don't do business like that.

Like what? how do I do business? I dont charge upfront. I don't charge right away. I man the job throughout the day. We put on products numbnut poor convict white roofers dont, and I live off referrals.

Do business like what? Or are you just talking out of your *** as usual?

I would refuse a jackass knowitall's business like yourself in a heartbeat. More trouble than you are worth.

CrimsonJim
4/11/2011, 09:52 PM
nm

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 09:53 PM

1. I'm BBB.

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/design/3024428/type/png/width/280/height/280

okie52
4/11/2011, 09:54 PM
Okie52, I've been meaning to tell you all that weed you smoked in college was laced with dumbass.

That's different than the weed in Cali? I thought that was the point.

He11, I should be qualified to vote in Cali.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 09:54 PM
Like what? how do I do business? I dont charge upfront. I don't charge right away. I man the job throughout the day. We put on products numbnut poor convict white roofers dont, and I live off referrals.

Do business like what? Or are you just talking out of your *** as usual?

I would refuse a jackass knowitall's business like yourself in a heartbeat. More trouble than you are worth.

You damn straight I am. Make a living however you want....you won't catch any jobs by me or anyone that thinks White people are all Convicts.

Alabama has done something to your brain.

AlboSooner
4/11/2011, 09:59 PM
Juan in 3, 2, 1...

Yo no soy racista. Quiero una explicación sincera de mis preguntas. No puedo comprender la pobreza de Méjico, cuando pienso de los recursos naturales de Méjico. Si le gustaría a Juan a explicar a situación, yo sería feliz.

okie52
4/11/2011, 10:00 PM

SanJoaquin- are you an "undocumented worker' or is you family here illegally?

No reason for you to be upset... there are many that can't evidently produce a birth certificate. Take pride in your roots.

We owe you.

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 10:00 PM
Only hire union guys Troup?

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:01 PM
You damn straight I am. Make a living however you want....you won't catch any jobs by me or anyone that thinks White people are all Convicts.

Alabama has done something to your brain.

Like I said, I don't think you know anything about my business. I don't have to prove myself to you. A countless amount of people have got a roof over their heads (non-leaky btw :D) thanks to me and my company. I use the best crews available. They just happen to be hispanic(Like I said the man I pay is legal. I have no way of documenting the crew.).

I'm sorry you had a negative experience with your contractor. Not all arelazy and not all are without ethics.

I personally think you have something against me and thats the reason for your rant. But I'm gonna let you go stalk and stew with someone else. You're not worth my time.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:03 PM
Like I said, I don't think you know anything about my business. I don't have to prove myself to you. A countless amount of people have got a roof over their heads (non-leaky btw :D) thanks to me and my company. I use the best crews available. They just happen to be hispanic(Like I said the man I pay is legal. I have no way of documenting the crew.).

I'm sorry you had a negative experience with your contractor. We're all not lazy and we're all not without ethics.

I personally think you have something against me and thats the reason for your rant. But I'm gonna let you go stalk and stew with someone else. You're not worth my time.

Slapping shingles on a house isn't brain surgery

MamaMia
4/11/2011, 10:03 PM
Yo no soy racista. Quiero una explicación sincera de mis preguntas. No puedo comprender la pobreza de Méjico, cuando pienso de los recursos naturales de Méjico. Si le gustaría a Juan a explicar a situación, yo sería feliz.Something went very wrong. I know I pressed one. :pop:

olevetonahill
4/11/2011, 10:05 PM
Something went very wrong. I know I pressed one. :pop:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Spek Mom

soonercruiser
They should immigrate.

http://www.immigrationdirect.com/?gclid=CPSCx-TxlagCFchJ2godtWnNDQ

Agree.....except, most probably don't want to pay any fees.
(They might think that a certain political party will make it free)
:rolleyes:

AlboSooner
Something went very wrong. I know I pressed one. :pop:

:D

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:06 PM
Only hire union guys Troup?

Yeah. I go straight to the Yellow Pages and look for the Union Label under Roofers....

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:06 PM
Slapping shingles on a house isn't brain surgery

Then why the big RANT and RAVE on who to hire?

I personally sell and run the operation. But my hispanics are key.:D

olevetonahill
4/11/2011, 10:07 PM
Yo no soy racista. Quiero una explicación sincera de mis preguntas. No puedo comprender la pobreza de Méjico, cuando pienso de los recursos naturales de Méjico. Si le gustaría a Juan a explicar a situación, yo sería feliz.

Hey this makes more sense in Beanerese :D
My nifty Google translator =

I'm not racist. I want an honest explanation of my questions. I can not understand poverty in Mexico, when I think of the natural resources of Mexico. If you would like John to explain the situation, I would be happy.

AlboSooner
4/11/2011, 10:08 PM

I'm not racist. I want an honest explanation of my questions. I can not understand poverty in Mexico, when I think of the natural resources of Mexico. If Juan would like to explain the situation, I would be happy.

I'm impressed (a little correction). Google is gonna take over.

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 10:10 PM
Yeah. I go straight to the Yellow Pages and look for the Union Label under Roofers....

Yeah, you are probably better off not using a union schlep. Unions and union workers aren't worth a crap anyway.

okie52
4/11/2011, 10:10 PM

I'm not racist. I want an honest explanation of my questions. I can not understand poverty in Mexico, when I think of the natural resources of Mexico. If you would like John to explain the situation, I would be happy.

There is no poverty in Mexico. They have universal healthcare.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:11 PM
I use only white convicts.....:rolleyes:

http://www.neighborsforrenewal.org/Pictures/Volunteers07/Roofers.jpg

http://www.katyroofers.net/images/katy_roofers_4.png

SanJoaquinSooner
4/11/2011, 10:11 PM

Top of the list is the 70 years of the corrupt PRI controling the government. One party rule led to massive corruption. It will take time to work out of the culture of corruption.

Economically, one important element that was missing was access to credit and capital. There weren't 30 year mortgages or business loans. The primary reason circular migration began developing in the early 20th century was the seeking of capital. The migrants would work March to November, go back and do home improvement a little at a time. One room at a time.. Maybe save up for a pickup.

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:13 PM
They look like convicts. Probably use toeboards on steep roofs. probably don't bother to chalk lines. Look at em stacking shingles on the ridge. It probably took them two weeks too.

Yeah, real professional....

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah, you are probably better off not using a union schlep. Unions and union workers aren't worth a crap anyway.

Tell that to the Fireman putting your house out or the cop giving you a ticket next time. Also....take video.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:17 PM
They look like convicts. Probably use toeboards on steep roofs. probably don't bother to chalk lines. Look at em stacking shingles on the ridge. It probably took them two weeks too.

Yeah, real professional....

Says the guy that hires it out....lol

MamaMia
4/11/2011, 10:20 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Spek Mom

Moochas Grassyass. :)

SanJoaquinSooner
4/11/2011, 10:23 PM
Troop, using volunteer roofers?

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:25 PM
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr18/sprayjc/IMG_1045.jpg

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr18/sprayjc/IMG_1085.jpg

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr18/sprayjc/IMG_1106.jpg

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr18/sprayjc/IMG_1112.jpg

That looks like a crew I'd want working on my roof....

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:25 PM
Troop, using volunteer roofers?

Naw....I hire Americans.

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:26 PM
Btw, If I get any 405 calls, I'm not answering...;)

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:28 PM
That looks like a crew I'd want working on my roof....

Where are all the Hispanics?

Contradict yourself much?

okie52
4/11/2011, 10:28 PM
Naw....I hire Americans.

Racist!!!!

pphilfran
4/11/2011, 10:31 PM
Okie, you are so full of chit...

StoopTroup
Racist!!!!

No If i want some guys to stand around, smoke cigs, and take 5 times as long and do ****tier work, I'll hire some rascists.

:D

Blue
They are hispanic ST. Put your glasses on, bro.

And btw, I don't know if some of them are legal or not. I know my foreman is. But these guys interchange like noones business. they all work like freakin oxs though.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:32 PM
They look American to me.

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 10:33 PM
Unions serve no purpose in today's business climate

I wonder how I have been able to even continue to have a job without a union there to back me up and hold my hand

JohnnyMack
4/11/2011, 10:34 PM
Is this the first time we've ever had roofing smack on the SO?

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:34 PM

ha! :O

olevetonahill
4/11/2011, 10:35 PM

Think so Bro

okie52
4/11/2011, 10:36 PM
They look American to me.

Do you live in Juarez?

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:38 PM
Union smack really rounds it all off huh?

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:39 PM
I just couldn't stand by and not defend my professional livelihood. I mean apparently everyone thinks I have a drinking prob and my life is in shambles.

Truth is at the moment, Sfs is as exciting as most nights get. Which I guess would be a problem.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:39 PM
Do you live in Juarez?

No but I stayed In El Paso one year and got to watch a couple of gangs fight at half time of the Sun Bowl about who could hold their beer better.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 10:40 PM
I hate folks that hire illegals. Shame on anyone that hires them. Folks that hire illegals should be shot.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:41 PM
I just couldn't stand by and not defend my professional livelyhood. I mean apparently everyone thinks I have a drinking prob and my life is in shambles.

Truth is at the moment, Sfs is as exciting as most nights get. Which I guess would be a problem.

Who took a shot at you Blue? I'll get the Posse to do a neg jihad on their ***.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 10:43 PM
If I meet someone that hires illegals as roofers I will drive my truck over them and every member of their family.

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:43 PM
I hate folks that hire illegals. Shame on anyone that hires them. Folks that hire illegals should be shot.

Well technically they are W-9. :texan:

Mongo
4/11/2011, 10:45 PM
never use mexican drywallers. had one take a dump and sandwiched it between two scrap pieces of drywall. that was a nice surprise

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:45 PM
Who took shot at you Blue? I'll get the Posse to do a neg jihad on their ***.

SoonerNate I believe was his name.

Btw, I forgot to mention, the boombox on your white-convict roofer pic. No white-convict-roofer crew is complete without a boombox blaring Skynard for 5 days straight. :D

olevetonahill
4/11/2011, 10:46 PM
Well technically they are W-9. :texan:

W-9 ? do that mean they got Wet 9 times :pop:

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 10:46 PM
LMFAO

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:48 PM
W-9 ? do that mean they got Wet 9 times :pop:

ROTFLMAO!

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:48 PM
never use mexican drywallers. had one take a dump and sandwiched it between two scrap pieces of drywall. that was a nice surprise

I hate the expression, but i just blew beer all over my monitor. :D

This can be true. these guys will work hard and not take breaks, but sometimes they take a dump in the most random places. I've just had one customer tell me they buried it in the back yard, but it's had to have happened more than once.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:49 PM
SoonerNate I believe was his name.

Btw, I forgot to mention, the boombox on your white-convict roofer pic. No white-convict-roofer crew is complete without a boombox blaring Skynard for 5 days straight. :D

Those guys are listening to the weather report. Evidently that's important in the roofing business.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 10:53 PM
My brother lives up there and does hardwood floors, I've seen construction contractors and I believe if they are white every single one of them listens to the Katt.

Blue
4/11/2011, 10:55 PM
Those guys are listening to the weather report. Evidently that's important in the roofing business.

Considering wind and hail bust up roofs, yes I'd say it's important. I don't think I'd be in the business if it wasn't for the insurance side. But they make the call, not us. Plus i was an adjuster for 2 years. I know what they look for.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm explaining to you. I don't feel much like sparring tonight.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:56 PM
My brother lives up there and does hardwood floors, I've seen construction contractors and I believe if they are white every single one of them listens to the Katt.

Maybe but I know all those guys personally. All Union guys know each other and listen to the weather. They all think alike and having been plotting the ruin of America for decades.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 10:59 PM
Maybe but I know all those guys personally. All Union guys know each other and listen to the weather. They all think alike and having been plotting the ruin of America for decades.

Anytime I'm around Mexican workers they are blaring that Mexican music and it makes me hungry.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/11/2011, 10:59 PM
You're joking, right?

They are illegal, Why can't you understand that? would be a retort.

Mongo
4/11/2011, 11:01 PM
Considering wind and hail bust up roofs, yes I'd say it's important. I don't think I'd be in the business if it wasn't for the insurance side. But they make the call, not us. Plus i was an adjuster for 2 years. I know what they look for.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm explaining to you. I don't feel much like sparring tonight.

what about make up spooning? you two need to heel old wounds

SanJoaquinSooner
4/11/2011, 11:11 PM
Naw....I hire Americans.

neighborsforrenewal.org/Pictures/Volunteers07/Roofers.jpg

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 11:13 PM
neighborsforrenewal.org/Pictures/Volunteers07/Roofers.jpg

FAIL

SanJoaquinSooner
4/11/2011, 11:22 PM
SanJoaquin- are you an "undocumented worker' or is you family here illegally?

No reason for you to be upset... there are many that can't evidently produce a birth certificate. Take pride in your roots.

We owe you.

No, I am against illegal immigration. I am for the free movement of labor. Working should not be illegal. welfare should be illegal. employers should be able to hire whoever the **** they want.

If y'all are going to run over folks with your pickups, run over the ones who don't work.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 11:33 PM
No, I am against illegal immigration. I am for the free movement of labor. Working should not be illegal. welfare should be illegal. employers should be able to hire whoever the **** the want.

If y'all are going to run over folks with your pickups, run over the ones who don't work.

I'd like to see Company Owners Hold out Taxes for W-9 Workers at a rate of say 39% to help pay off the National Debt. At the end of the year the W-9 workers can file their taxes and receive a refund and Company Owners can receive a Percentage fee of what is collected for the trouble.

Blue
4/11/2011, 11:37 PM
I'd like to see Company Owners Hold out Taxes for W-9 Workers at a rate of say 39% to help pay off the National Debt. At the end of the year the W-9 workers can file their taxes and receive a refund and Company Owners can receive a Percentage fee of what is collected for the trouble.

Do you pay 40%? I pay mine in advance quarterly. Usually I'm on the money, but I can't speak for the subs.

Blue
4/11/2011, 11:41 PM

Btw the whole purpose of a W-9 is that they are an independant contractor. They are not employees. They sign a sub contractor agreement, but they are not employees. That whole America thing gettin in the way. Btw, ST, what do you do for a living?

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 11:41 PM
Do you pay 40%? I pay mine in advance quarterly. Usually I'm on the money, but I can't speak for the subs.

I'm not asking for them to pay 40. They can get the correct share in the form of a refund once they file their taxes. You are gonna make some dough off it too.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 11:42 PM
Do they pay taxes on their 1099's? By contracting them you are getting out of the FICA liability and some worker's comp issues

SanJoaquinSooner
4/11/2011, 11:46 PM

Independently contractors pay quarterly, correct?

Blue
4/11/2011, 11:47 PM
Do they pay taxes on their 1099's? By contracting them you are getting out of the FICA liability and some worker's comp issues

1099! Thats what I meant. I knew I filled out one of those. :D

I hate taxes.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 11:49 PM
I'm an accountant. I'm always thinking this bs.

But if you are hiring a contractor and reporting his income then my beef is not with you but more with him hiring the undocumented workers. He is getting off on the cheap by not having to hire American workers who are protected by labor laws, wages, etc..

yankee
4/11/2011, 11:50 PM
I'll take Chipotle over Freebird's any day of the week.

SouthCarolinaSooner
If it weren't for their illegality, the Mexicans would do the same thing as the white crew.

I don't get Mexico. I just don't get that country still being so poor, with so many problems. They have tons of land, tons of resources, tons of ocean property, tons of tourism, I don't get why Mexico is so poor. They have no natural predator, they didn't do much fighting in WWI or WWII. US gives them tons of aid, tons of dollars are spent there by US tourists....

I can understand some country in africa with no resources, but Mexico ????

somebody explain this paradox
Natural resources have nothing to do with it. South Africa, Congo, Sierra Leone, all some of the most resource rich places on earth, as well as the most unstable/violent. Sub-saharan Africa (the most unstable) isn't resource poor, its resource rich. They lack sufficient institutions to protect private property rights, among other things. Same deal with Mexico.

SanJoaquinSooner

Yes, it is reported as earned income to the IRS

yankee
WOW, THIS BURRITO IS DELICIOUS, BUT IT IS FILLING!

StoopTroup
Independently contractors pay quarterly, correct?

Contractors yes......the Contracted....I suspect a good portion do not pay.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/11/2011, 11:52 PM

But if you are hiring a contractor and reporting his income then my beef is not with you but more with him hiring the undocumented workers. He is getting off on the cheap by not having to hire American workers who are protected by labor laws, wages, etc..

They gots the social security numbers (i.e., documented).

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 11:53 PM
Contractors yes......the Contracted....I suspect a good portion do not pay.

If Blue reports the income as a deduction to him then the contracted will be flagged. If the guy he paid is paying folks under the table, then the guy he contracted is screwing the system and yes that IS a problem.

SoonerNate
4/11/2011, 11:54 PM
They gots the social security numbers (i.e., documented).

"They" aren't documented. Only the guy Blue is paying if I understand him correctly.

Again, Blue is doing nothing wrong here. The guy he's hiring may be.

Blue
4/11/2011, 11:56 PM

And after all those hurricanes, Florida is strict with its requirements. I would imagine Oklahoma is a s well with all the storms they have.

The problem with all those regulations, they halt business. I don't mind getting permits (bc every town wants a chunk of change), I don't mind being bonded, but if it gets too difficult to build and make money where its more trouble than its worth, it'll be time to find something else. We can leave roofing to "3 Convicts and a Truck." :D

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 12:00 AM
And after all those hurricanes, Florida is strict with its requirements. I would imagine Oklahoma is a s well with all the storms they have.

The problem with all those regulations, they halt business. I don't mind getting permits (bc every town wants a chunk of change), I don't mind being bonded, but if it gets too difficult to build and make money where its more trouble than its worth, it'll be time to find something else. We can leave roofing to "3 Convicts and a Truck." :D

I have a client down here with a pressure cleaning business. He plays by the law by dotting his i's and crossing his t's. He struggles to compete with the folks that don't play by system. That is my only beef with not following the rules. It hurts the honest guy and lowers the prices he is allowed to charge customers when some fly by night from out of town bypasses the rules.

Blue
4/12/2011, 12:15 AM
I have a client down here with a pressure cleaning business. He plays by the law by dotting his i's and crossing his t's. He struggles to compete with the folks that don't play by system. That is my only beef with not following the rules. It hurts the honest guy and lowers the prices he is allowed to charge customers when some fly by night from out of town bypasses the rules.

Well I follow the rules and i get underbid by "3 convicts and a truck." They use lesser materials, they take too long, and usually they do a crappy job, but Ellie May 1940 feels comfortable bc they've been in business since 1890. And thats ok. I'll put our work up against theirs next door to each other and I'll get the business.

Blue
4/12/2011, 12:17 AM
"They" aren't documented. Only the guy Blue is paying if I understand him correctly.

Correct.

Am I implicit? Maybe. Believe me I've had white guys get in my face telling me this and that. But this is what I've done since college. I'm good at selling.

If I truly believed white and black guys could do this as efficiently as we could, I would hire them!

Say I try to get a white crew. I've seen these companies. I've seen how they work. They are horrible. Not all, but it's just a different class of worker.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 12:18 AM
You guys had some bad hail damage up there right? Did you have out of towners come in and hurt your business?

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 12:28 AM
Correct.

Am I implicit? Maybe. Believe me I've had white guys get in my face telling me this and that. But this is what I've done since college. I'm good at selling.

If I truly believed white and black guys could do this as efficiently as we could, I would hire them!

Say I try to get a white crew. I've seen these companies. I've seen how they work. They are horrible. Not all, but it's just a different class of worker.

If you have doubts about your contractors legality and do nothing imo you are complicit...

When you hire a company you should make your requirements perfectly clear...you should do random audits to insure compliance...

Blue
4/12/2011, 12:29 AM
You guys had some bad hail damage up there right? Did you have out of towners come in and hurt your business?

I started out as a storm chaser. :D Then I went to adjusting. Finally I settled in my home state.

Stormchasers will come in and they'll get their 50-100 contracts (good salesmen) and then they'll leave. Most do good work, but the few bad ones make it horrible for everybody else. We had a company called American Shingle in here...they were in Atlanta, memphis, Nashville, etc...and apparently went bnkrupt. Along with about 50 homeowners first checks...talk about bad press.

The trick is to know the insurance angle and establish contacts and a permanent base. I think I'm doing alright.

Blue
4/12/2011, 12:30 AM
If you have doubts about your contractors legality and do nothing imo you are complicit...

When you hire a company you should make your requirements perfectly clear...you should do random audits to insure compliance...

My subcontractor has his green card. He has insurance. He has workers comp. As a plus, so do I.

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 12:32 AM
My subcontractor has his green card. He has insurance. He has workers comp. As a plus, so do I.

Does he know that you require legal workers?

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 12:33 AM
Is it in the contract?

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 12:33 AM
Do you perform unannounced audits of compliance?

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:36 AM

If he does....I'm rolling my trailer down to Bama and hiring a Convict to get him to roof it.

Blue
4/12/2011, 12:41 AM

Enough said.

It's not a problem to customers who want a good job.

I actually had a roof going on next to Mike's Roofing this week. For a comparison, my job was done two days faster, with more material (30 year shingle, as opposed to 25 year) and a heck of alot neater(No discrepencies in the shingle.)

If you've seen my earlier posts, what I do is legal. If i was forced to hire a white crew, I would find something else to do.

I'm not necessarily against immigration from the south. They work hard and they are good people. Yeah we got a shortage of jobs but people need to prove they want to work.

Blue
4/12/2011, 12:42 AM
If he does....I'm rolling my trailer down to Bama and hiring a Convict to get him to roof it.

I wouldn't hire you to run the magnet.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 12:43 AM
I miss shingles. I have a tiled roof.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:44 AM
http://boards.420chan.org/m/src/1302045031723.png

Blue
4/12/2011, 12:45 AM
http://boards.420chan.org/m/src/1302045031723.png

You trolling. That should be your avatar.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:45 AM
I miss shingles. I have a tiled roof.

Doesn't Miss Alabama use the code name Miss Shingles?

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:49 AM
I found more proof I found the right guy to do my trailer.....

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/images/0930-01.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
4/12/2011, 12:50 AM

So if he does an I-9 verification on his workers are you satisfied?

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:52 AM

Are you INS?

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 12:55 AM

Are you one of his workers?

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:58 AM
Are you one of his workers?

Code Name: Eco-Shake

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 12:59 AM
Estoy empezando a pensar que SanJoaquinSooner es un extranjero ilegal sucia

www.translate.google.com

SanJoaquinSooner
4/12/2011, 01:06 AM
Phil, if I hire a tire company to mount new tires on my auto, can I demand to see HR files to confirm the workers are legal?

SoonerKnight
4/12/2011, 01:15 AM
Yet Obama let's their President stand in our Congress and lecture us not to build a wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe Congress decides who speaks to Congress! Not the president! :rolleyes:

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry. A small misstatement makes the glaring hypocrisy by the Mexican leader okay doesn't it?

BTW, Pelosi, Reid, Obama, what's the difference?

Your boy Hussein Obama is gonna lose next year. The sooner you get that through your thick skull the better.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 01:36 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/monkeys_b.jpg

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 01:39 AM
< just wet myself laughing

Blue
4/12/2011, 01:40 AM
I don't know how you get away with some of your ****. I'm thinkin you won't. It's matter of time before you get banned. Again.

Have fun though. When I'm not here I'm sure you'll find someone else to annoy.

Blue
4/12/2011, 01:42 AM
< just wet myself laughing

You should join the posse. They like brown nosing morons. No offense to the posse really except for ST. :D

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 01:43 AM
You should join the posse. They like brown nosing morons. No offense to the posse really except for ST. :D

I'm a member

Blue
4/12/2011, 01:44 AM
I'm a member

Uh oh....lol. did you go up the basement stairs and tell your mom?

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 01:46 AM
What's wrong Blue? You seem agitated. I've been doing taxes all day and I'm punch drunk and trying to unwind a bit tonight.

Blue
4/12/2011, 01:48 AM
What's wrong Blue? You seem agitated. I've been doing taxes all day and I'm punch drunk and trying to unwind a bit tonight.

Have fun, brother.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 02:10 AM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/2001-A-Space-Odyssey-Stanle.jpg

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 02:54 AM
fYITArxY9Ng

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 03:07 AM
That was you wasn't it leroid? Go ahead....admit it. It was funny.

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 03:26 AM
That was you wasn't it leroid? Go ahead....admit it. It was funny.

I'm not Jewish.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 03:32 AM
I'm not Jewish.

Mazel Tov!

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 03:40 AM
EDIT: I'm taking it down. But the vid clip is of Ari Shaffir.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 03:46 AM
Come on Mr Jefferson....LMao

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 07:22 AM
Phil, if I hire a tire company to mount new tires on my auto, can I demand to see HR files to confirm the workers are legal?

Completely different situations...

The roofer is providing a service...to complete the service he hires contractors to complete said service...he probably has to issue a 1099 or w2 to the contractor...

Three simple questions...

Does the contractor know he requires legal workers...

Is it in the contract...

Does he do unannounced audits...

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 07:29 AM
In another thread you said your foreman gets a W2 and not a 1099...so the foreman works for you and is not a contractor...your foreman hires the crews...

Is this true?

olevetonahill
4/12/2011, 07:31 AM
In another thread you said your foreman gets a W2 and not a 1099...so the foreman works for you and is not a contractor...your foreman hires the crews...

Is this true?

No he latter said he mispoke about a W-9 and meant to say 1099

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 07:44 AM
No he latter said he mispoke about a W-9 and meant to say 1099

Much better....thanks....

SanJoaquinSooner
4/12/2011, 07:52 AM
Completely different situations...

The roofer is providing a service...to complete the service he hires contractors to complete said service...he probably has to issue a 1099 or w2 to the contractor...

Three simple questions...

Does the contractor know he requires legal workers...

Is it in the contract...

Does he do unannounced audits...

Phil,

If I hire someone via independent contract, can I require them to let me look at their HR files for each employee unannounced?

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 08:05 AM
Phil,

If I hire someone via independent contract, can I require them to let me look at their HR files for each employee unannounced?

In the roofers situation he has hired a crew to work on a third party's property...it is the roofing companies name that is on a sign in the front yard...it is his responsibility to insure that all workers meet state and fed guidelines...he even said he had doubts about some of the workers legality...

He can take the easy way out and turn his head and probably put a few extra bucks in his pocket...

Or, he can perform a few simple and quick random audits to promote compliance (in advance he needs to let the contracted foreman know random audits will be used)

SanJoaquinSooner
4/12/2011, 08:26 AM
In the roofers situation he has hired a crew to work on a third party's property...it is the roofing companies name that is on a sign in the front yard...it is his responsibility to insure that all workers meet state and fed guidelines...he even said he had doubts about some of the workers legality...

He can take the easy way out and turn his head and probably put a few extra bucks in his pocket...

Or, he can perform a few simple and quick random audits to promote compliance (in advance he needs to let the contracted foreman know random audits will be used)

Phil, you're dodging my question. Do random audits include unannounced viewing of HR files on employees?

olevetonahill
4/12/2011, 08:32 AM
juan, Try comparing Apples to Apples, Not oranges.:rolleyes:

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 08:46 AM
Phil, you're dodging my question. Do random audits include unannounced viewing of HR files on employees?

There should be work site audits...the foreman/workers should have records for all workers on hand...if they are not citizens they should have a green card...

The various bonding and insurance companies probably wouldn't be too happy if there was a claim against an undocumented worker....

He has to protect his name...

In this case there is an easy way and the correct way...he said he has doubts...the folks I hire are going to give me any documentation that I require or they can find work elsewhere...

jkjsooner
4/12/2011, 08:49 AM

Wilful ignorance. I mean, the guy owns a roofing company yet claims no responsibility for the folks who actually do the work.

This isn't a case where he's subcontracting out a small piece to a third party...

jkjsooner
4/12/2011, 08:52 AM
Well I follow the rules and i get underbid by "3 convicts and a truck." They use lesser materials, they take too long, and usually they do a crappy job, but Ellie May 1940 feels comfortable bc they've been in business since 1890. And thats ok. I'll put our work up against theirs next door to each other and I'll get the business.

Bringing up unrelated unethical practices is no defense to your unethical practice.

jkjsooner
4/12/2011, 08:58 AM
Enough said.

It's not a problem to customers who want a good job.

I actually had a roof going on next to Mike's Roofing this week. For a comparison, my job was done two days faster, with more material (30 year shingle, as opposed to 25 year) and a heck of alot neater(No discrepencies in the shingle.)

If you've seen my earlier posts, what I do is legal. If i was forced to hire a white crew, I would find something else to do.

I'm not necessarily against immigration from the south. They work hard and they are good people. Yeah we got a shortage of jobs but people need to prove they want to work.

You hire people who make a wage that is unsustainable in this country. Generally these people are living 10 adults per household (in most places an illegal practice itself). This is not the standard of living we strive for in this country.

Can Americans do the job as well as Hispanics? Probably not because we've destroyed the skills of American workers by outsourcing the work to low paid foreigners. Unless Joe wants to live in a house with 10 other guys, he's not going to be able to develop the skill set he needs to compete with Juan.

Blue, how did you learn the roofing trade? You do realize your disdain for American workers pretty much assures is that none of the younger generations will be qualified to do what you do. (I'm assuming that at one point you actually learned the trade by doing the work.)

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 08:58 AM
Bringing up unrelated unethical practices is no defense to your unethical practice.

:)

Mississippi Sooner
4/12/2011, 09:03 AM
The guy who lives across the road from me is an illegal immigrant....from Canada. Seriously, I didn't even know there was such a thing.

I don't think he's scamming us much on taxes, though. He seems to mostly be sponging off the 100% disabled woman he's living with.

C&CDean
4/12/2011, 09:12 AM
Can Americans do the job as well as Hispanics? Probably not because we've destroyed the skills of American workers by outsourcing the work to low paid foreigners. Unless Joe wants to live in a house with 10 other guys, he's not going to be able to develop the skill set he needs to compete with Juan.

The bull**** meter pegged plum out on this one.

Hiring cheap labor has "destroyed the skills of American workers" about as much as arresting prositutes has led to no hookers.

I'll tell you what's ****ed it all up. Yes, those beloved unions. I remember touring GM 15-20 years ago in OKC. Dude stands in one spot with a pre-set impact wrench reading a novel. When the vehicle component comes swinging by, he zaps 6 bolts with his pre-set impact wrench (no work on his part except pushing the trigger on the wrench) and it goes swinging on to the next station. He stands there and waits for the next identical component to come swinging by. That's it. A ****ing monkey could do it.

That job is a $2 an hour deal, and dude is making $35 with bennies for doing it, thanks to his beloved union. When management balks at raising his pay to $40 per hour with more profit sharing and cheaper insurance he's all pissed off about it. Guess what happened to the GM plant and Joe Monkey?

Outsourcing work to foreign countries is a direct result of unions negotiating pay scales that are completely out of whack for the work performed. I don't blame big companies a bit for sending their work elsewhere, and I don't begrudge some roofer or rancher for hiring a couple illegals. Way too many Americans have the entitlement syndrome and feel like they're above busting their *** for $8 an hour. ****. Them.

olevetonahill
4/12/2011, 09:16 AM
Hell Dean, Where can ya Hire any one to work for 8 bucks an hour, Legal or illegal?

C&CDean
4/12/2011, 09:30 AM
Hell Dean, Where can ya Hire any one to work for 8 bucks an hour, Legal or illegal?

Purcell. Lexington. I pay some high school kids $7 per hour and it's $1 more than the guy down the road does. He's all pissed because I "took his labor away by paying way more than what they're worth."

$8 per hour under the table is really = ~$12 per hour.

JohnnyMack
4/12/2011, 09:31 AM

STEP. Men's bathroom. Dillard's. 2nd floor. Although it usually doesn't take me a full hour.

olevetonahill
4/12/2011, 09:33 AM
Purcell. Lexington. I pay some high school kids $7 per hour and it's $1 more than the guy down the road does. He's all pissed because I "took his labor away by paying way more than what they're worth."

Hell I cant get anyone to work at all around here, To dayum much Meth and way to dayum much welfare and food stamps :rolleyes:

C&CDean
4/12/2011, 09:34 AM
STEP. Men's bathroom. Dillard's. 2nd floor. Although it usually doesn't take me a full hour.

Dillard's? Now I know you're lying. STEP is more a Old Navy or Walmart kinda guy.

jkjsooner
4/12/2011, 10:16 AM

And therein lies problem #2. How can a person who is paying SS, taxes, etc. compete when he requires a 50% higher salary for the same effective pay?

Dean, while I don't disagree with your anti-union rant, comparison to unionized auto jobs hardly fit here.

pphilfran
4/12/2011, 10:18 AM
And therein lies problem #2. How can a person who is paying SS, taxes, etc. compete when his effective salary is 33% less than the guy getting paid under the table?

jk, you will have to hold down the fort for a while...got yard work to do...

SoonerStormchaser
4/12/2011, 10:25 AM

They are ILLEGAL! What part of that DON'T you understand? Good grief.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 10:36 AM
I'll tell you what's ****ed it all up. Yes, those beloved unions. I remember touring GM 15-20 years ago in OKC. Dude stands in one spot with a pre-set impact wrench reading a novel. When the vehicle component comes swinging by, he zaps 6 bolts with his pre-set impact wrench (no work on his part except pushing the trigger on the wrench) and it goes swinging on to the next station. He stands there and waits for the next identical component to come swinging by. That's it. A ****ing monkey could do it.

Didn't they close that plant?

2121Sooner
4/12/2011, 10:40 AM
There should be work site audits...the foreman/workers should have records for all workers on hand...if they are not citizens they should have a green card...

In this case there is an easy way and the correct way...he said he has doubts...the folks I hire are going to give me any documentation that I require or they can find work elsewhere...

Is this random search gonna be for all job sites and all crews or just ones that "look illegal"

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 10:42 AM
Is this random search gonna be for all job sites and all crews or just ones that "look illegal"

All of them at first and then just the ones that ever got caught and fined from then on.

olevetonahill
4/12/2011, 10:48 AM
All of them at first and then just the ones that ever got caught and fined from then on.

ST since you quoted his ignorance, Im gonna respond.
RANDOM means just that RANDOM
If it was ALL then it wouldnt be RANDOM
Pay tention :rolleyes:

2121Sooner
4/12/2011, 11:19 AM

This is actually a really good idea. Maybe we could get another government agency formed to do that. That would create jobs and make government even bigger.

Or maybe I hire a legit crew of legal mexican immigrants until I get checked. Then....and try to keep up here Troup.....after I know I won't get checked again I let that crew go for some reason and then hire a crew of illegals knowing I won't get checked again.

We need to get you into politics so you can help make policy. You are onto somethin here Troup

2121Sooner
4/12/2011, 11:21 AM
ST since you quoted his ignorance, Im gonna respond.
RANDOM means just that RANDOM
If it was ALL then it wouldnt be RANDOM
Pay tention :rolleyes:

Hey Charlie, random was my word.....not his. He said ALL

Thanks

okie52
4/12/2011, 11:31 AM
No, I am against illegal immigration. I am for the free movement of labor. Working should not be illegal. welfare should be illegal. employers should be able to hire whoever the **** they want.

Free movement? Not even requiring foreigners to have work permits, Visas, etc...?

No concerns for the displacement of the native labor force or artificially suppressing wages? What about the crunch on our infrastructure (like hospitals and schools) that will be picked up by the taxpayers? How about the anchor babies and the high birthrates?

These aren't tourists that are bringing their money to spend here on US goods and services and then leave after a couple of weeks.

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 11:40 AM
This is actually a really good idea. Maybe we could get another government agency formed to do that. That would create jobs and make government even bigger.

Or maybe I hire a legit crew of legal mexican immigrants until I get checked. Then....and try to keep up here Troup.....after I know I won't get checked again I let that crew go for some reason and then hire a crew of illegals knowing I won't get checked again.

We need to get you into politics so you can help make policy. You are onto somethin here Troup

I'm going to have to defend ST here.

The notion that "passing a law will just create a bureaucracy" is just a sorry excuse to do nothing. Were you in favor of using this argument to prevent departments of health from evaluating restaurants?

Yes, a business could decide to hire legals at first, then hire illegals and hope they don't get caught. But doing so would be foolhardy. Any gains you make in cheaper labor would all be wiped out with hefty fine and a loss of a general contracting license.

Will there be contractors who will still cheat? Of course. But like taxes and the IRS, (and universities and the NCAA) you roll the dice when you do. And if the fines are hefty enough, you can all but eliminate the practice, especially when it is in the financial interests of one contractor to turn in another.

2121Sooner
4/12/2011, 12:18 PM
Leroy I am not disagreeing that there needs to be oversight on this, but profiling a business is bullish!t.

And as far as passing a law goes, you don't need to do that. I bet if we enforced the ones already on the books this wouldn't be an issue. But we won't because politicians don't dare lose the minority vote. And even though the illegals technically can't vote, by deporting and enforcing laws to eliminate undocumented workers would p!ss off a whole lot of people that actually DO vote.....and that ain't gonna happen

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:21 PM

I wouldn't last long. I think we should all serve in the military and learn some discipline. I'm for a draft until a mandatory service law can be put in place.

The Illegals you use would all be required to serve or be ditch diggers and/or work in the septic tank Industry. Also....

SouthCarolinaSooner
4/12/2011, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't last long. I think we should all serve in the military and learn some discipline. I'm for a draft until a mandatory service law can be put in place.

The Illegals you use would all be required to serve or be ditch diggers and/or work in the septic tank Industry. Also....
I agree, more government spending. Conscription has worked so well for those who have used it. We should be more like DPRK, workers paradise, practically half the nation is in the army.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:28 PM
Leroy I am not disagreeing that there needs to be oversight on this, but profiling a business is bullish!t.

What I find funny is that Profiling at the Airport is fine by many Americans but the first time it's used on them....they go running behind it's skirt tails.

I hate Unions but if their benefits suddenly disappeared because their CEO cut it out so he could build a 40,000 sq ft lake House...that would be wrong.

Nothing is perfect but people have long since been a group of folks who felt the need to help others but when they need help....WTH? Where is everyone? Why is this happening to me? Why won't anyone help me?

Bosses who pay the cost of doing business and then splitting profits are very few. Screw the Stockholders....screw the employee if they want to make money....do it illegally like I did!

Funny stuff!

C&CDean
4/12/2011, 02:04 PM
I agree, more government spending. Conscription has worked so well for those who have used it. We should be more like DPRK, workers paradise, practically half the nation is in the army.

You're full of horse****,

XXOOXXOO,

Israel

Adrian
4/12/2011, 02:07 PM
Hey Charlie, random was my word.....not his. He said ALL

Thanks

I just don't know who to believe...

Leroy Lizard
4/12/2011, 02:24 PM
nm

delhalew
4/12/2011, 02:56 PM
The sarcasm in this thread makes it hard to tell the morons from the *******s.

jkjsooner
4/12/2011, 03:05 PM
And as far as passing a law goes, you don't need to do that. I bet if we enforced the ones already on the books this wouldn't be an issue. But we won't because politicians don't dare lose the minority vote.

It's a lot more than the minority vote they're worried about. They're also worried about farmers, factory owners, roofers, etc.

Blue
4/12/2011, 04:32 PM
Wilful ignorance. I mean, the guy owns a roofing company yet claims no responsibility for the folks who actually do the work.

This isn't a case where he's subcontracting out a small piece to a third party...

I've got workers comp. I've got insurance. They are covered when they are on someones property. Geesh.

Blue
4/12/2011, 04:37 PM
You hire people who make a wage that is unsustainable in this country. Generally these people are living 10 adults per household (in most places an illegal practice itself). This is not the standard of living we strive for in this country.

Blue, how did you learn the roofing trade? You do realize your disdain for American workers pretty much assures is that none of the younger generations will be qualified to do what you do. (I'm assuming that at one point you actually learned the trade by doing the work.)

They get paid pretty good. Like I said, show me a crew that can work like these guys and I'll use them.

No I was never a roofer. I started off contracting.

I don't feel I'm doing anything unethical. Thanks for the condescending remarks, though. Some of you are real pieces of work.

Show me any profession, and I'll point out ways it could be considered dishonorable.

I provide a service. My customers are happy. My crews are happy. I'm happy. The govt gets their taxes.

Go call your congressman and tell them to put up a wall. They are obviously not too concerned about it.

soonercoop1
4/12/2011, 04:48 PM

Okie the word facetious comes to mind...:D

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 04:52 PM
They get paid pretty good. Like I said, show me a crew that can work like these guys and I'll use them.

No I was never a roofer. I started off contracting.

I don't feel I'm doing anything unethical. Thanks for the condescending remarks, though. Some of you are real pieces of work.

Show me any profession, and I'll point out ways it could be considered dishonorable.

I provide a service. My customers are happy. My crews are happy. I'm happy. The govt gets their taxes.

Go call your congressman and tell them to put up a wall. They are obviously not too concerned about it.

You are hurting American citizens that can't find work by hiring aliens.

Blue
4/12/2011, 04:59 PM
You are hurting American citizens that can't find work by hiring aliens.

And I say in this business there is plenty of work out there. I haven't had one white or black person approach me in 6 years and offer to go to work. No they like to complain, but when it comes down to it, they don't want to work.

The quality of worker becomes different when it comes to these guys. They struggle for work for a reason.

And by the way, yall go ahead and report me to the proper authorities. If I'm doing something wrong and they inform me, I'll be the first to change it. My guess is that they will laugh at you.

MamaMia
4/12/2011, 06:18 PM
Btw, If I get any 405 calls, I'm not answering...;)

Blue, I think your roofing jobs look very nice. Mexicans did mine. They work for my friend, who's brother is my attorney, so I get my roof and my a$$ covered at the same time. Its the perfect set up. :P

Mexicans also did my stone work. martin himself will tell you that I have THE best stone work in town. :D

C&CDean
4/12/2011, 07:30 PM
Blue, I think your roofing jobs look very nice. Mexicans did mine. They work for my friend, who's brother is my attorney, so I get my roof and my a$$ covered at the same time. Its the perfect set up. :P

Mexicans also did my stone work. martin himself will tell you that I have THE best stone work in town. :D

marty might possibly be the very last person on this planet that I would use for a reference. Just saying.

MamaMia
4/12/2011, 10:54 PM
marty might possibly be the very last person on this planet that I would use for a reference. Just saying.I don't know Dean... He spotted my brand new custom made window seat and a week later, my gorgeous new windows as well, not even a day after they were installed. I hadn't even had a chance to ask him to drive by to take a look yet, but he does just live a mile away. He has a good eye. :)

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 11:08 PM
And I say in this business there is plenty of work out there. I haven't had one white or black person approach me in 6 years and offer to go to work. No they like to complain, but when it comes down to it, they don't want to work.

The quality of worker becomes different when it comes to these guys. They struggle for work for a reason.

And by the way, yall go ahead and report me to the proper authorities. If I'm doing something wrong and they inform me, I'll be the first to change it. My guess is that they will laugh at you.

Anytime you or one of your contractors use illegal or undocumented workers you are outsourcing American Jobs. It's absolutely no different than Citibank saying we will all be happier negotiating or solving our customer service issues with a guy or gal who lives in New Delhi.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 11:41 PM
I wonder how he'd feel if someone in his family lost a job due to someone hiring an illegal. It really sickens me.

Blue
4/13/2011, 12:40 AM
I wonder how he'd feel if someone in his family lost a job due to someone hiring an illegal. It really sickens me.

What the hell, tell your dad to come on down and I'll give him a job.

Your fake outrage and obvious trolling is amusing.

Blue
4/13/2011, 12:46 AM
Anytime you or one of your contractors use illegal or undocumented workers you are outsourcing American Jobs. It's absolutely no different than Citibank saying we will all be happier negotiating or solving our customer service issues with a guy or gal who lives in New Delhi.

Or the US govt issuing thousands of work visas a month despite a 9% unemployment rate.

I see your point, but I won't be changing how I do my business. As far as I'm concerned they are legal.

But you can go out any day ST and start your own business. Nobodys stopping you or your down n out buddies that sit around all day complaining.

SoonerNate
4/13/2011, 12:50 AM
What the hell, tell your dad to come on down and I'll give him a job.

Your fake outrage and obvious trolling is amusing.

Damn Volstad. If we never pitched him we'd be fine. You guys got 5 on that idiot and once again our bullpen performed well. Not tomorrow though. We'll beat you guys tomorrow.

Blue
4/13/2011, 12:52 AM
Damn Volstad. If we never pitched him we'd be fine. You guys got 5 on that idiot and once again our bullpen performed well. Not tomorrow though. We'll beat you guys tomorrow.

:D Hudson and Lowe wed and Thurs. I'll be there both nights.

SoonerNate
4/13/2011, 12:54 AM
:D Hudson and Lowe wed and Thurs. I'll be there both nights.

We've got JJ (Jenks native) going later tonight. Should be a good match up.

Blue
4/13/2011, 12:56 AM
A couple of good ol white boys. Not illegal subs from Latin America just cause they can hit and pitch a baseball. :D

SoonerNate
4/13/2011, 01:13 AM
You can't have Hanley to work on your roofs.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/13/2011, 02:32 AM
Free movement? Not even requiring foreigners to have work permits, Visas, etc...?

Yes, they should have work permits. Presently many categories are ineligible and others may take 20 years or more to get a visa. I suggest we set up kioshes at every port of entry, kinda like what you see at airports to distribute airline tickets without going to a counter. An employer sends info to a kiosh so the worker can get the permit and enter legally through the port of entry, with a biometric read. The average smuggling fee is around $3000 these days, so undercut the drug cartels and charge a $2000 bond for entry.

No concerns for the displacement of the native labor force or artificially suppressing wages?

A myth. http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=12863

Besides, nobody owes you a job. With a plentiful supply of labor, start your own damned business and create some wealth instead. If you aren't the most productive worker you don't deserve the job. Philfran should spend more time inspecting the roofs to make sure they are done properly and less time chasing I-9 verification forms like an East German bureaucrat back in the day. I've owned a roof for 16 years and the most important thing above all is that it doesn't leak. That's what I care about as a consumer of roofs.

These aren't tourists that are bringing their money to spend here on US goods and services and then leave after a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I've been meaning to respond to your comment on another thread about me not knowing the difference between tourism and illegal immigration.

With your passion on the issue, you should learn more about it. About 40% of those illegally present in the U.S. entered with a legal visa through a port of entry. A majority of them were on tourist visas. They get here and disappear into the cities. Lots of hotel and restaurant workers from Asia who did this.

The most desperate sneak across the Arizona border by foot.

But many ride across the border in big trucks through a port-of-entry by paying a fee to a smuggling operation who pays a bribe to the powers-that-be in the U.S.

pphilfran
4/13/2011, 08:48 AM
Yes, they should have work permits. Presently many categories are ineligible and others may take 20 years or more to get a visa. I suggest we set up kioshes at every port of entry, kinda like what you see at airports to distribute airline tickets without going to a counter. An employer sends info to a kiosh so the worker can get the permit and enter legally through the port of entry, with a biometric read. The average smuggling fee is around $3000 these days, so undercut the drug cartels and charge a $2000 bond for entry.

Besides, nobody owes you a job. With a plentiful supply of labor, start your own damned business and create some wealth instead. If you aren't the most productive worker you don't deserve the job. Philfran should spend more time inspecting the roofs to make sure they are done properly and less time chasing I-9 verification forms like an East German bureaucrat back in the day. I've owned a roof for 16 years and the most important thing above all is that it doesn't leak. That's what I care about as a consumer of roofs.

Yeah, I've been meaning to respond to your comment on another thread about me not knowing the difference between tourism and illegal immigration.

With your passion on the issue, you should learn more about it. About 40% of those illegally present in the U.S. entered with a legal visa through a port of entry. A majority of them were on tourist visas. They get here and disappear into the cities. Lots of hotel and restaurant workers from Asia who did this.

But many ride across the border in big trucks through a port-of-entry by paying a fee to a smuggling operation who pays a bribe to the powers-that-be in the U.S.

Chasing verification forms...lol...we are talking 5 minutes to check a roofing crew...

The owner of the company would only need to check periodically...the first time he is on the job site inspecting the roof he should also check and see if the workers are legit...especially if he suspects some are illegal (which he does)...

After several checks he will know the workers and will not need to check those old timers...if there are different crews each time then he would need to check both quality of workmanship along with green card verification...

Without auditing, any law/regulation/policy/procedure is worthless...

pphilfran
4/13/2011, 08:56 AM
As far as the Cato article...the illegals have NO ability to raise their pay...they work for less than standard wage because they are illegal and have absolutely no voice in their pay scale...

I don't believe that unemployment would not go down or wages would not go up if we had 10 million less illegals looking for jobs...

To get US workers to do the job the illegals were doing would require a raise in pay...and that increase would move upwards through the pay system...

We have too much labor supply...

They try to argue that there were more illegals prior to the recession and unemployment was at 5% and then after the recession unemployment skyrocketed to 9%...why did those illegals leave? No jobs...put legal workers in jobs and there will be less jobs for illegals and even more will swim back home...

okie52
4/13/2011, 10:03 AM

Why would many categories be ineligible (unless you are talking DOD or security sensitive positions)?

Not a myth at all. http://www.fairus.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=16983&security=1601&news_iv_ctrl=1017

The wages that are paid for most of these jobs is little better than minimum wage. That may be a lot better than anything the illegals see from south of the border and they are in no position to demand higher wages. The native work force did these jobs before the influx of illegals. They would do them again if the wages were sufficient to offset the benefits they receive here such as unemployment benefits. And, unlike other jobs that can be outsourced to foreign countries, these jobs require they be performed domestically. So instead of paying an illegal $7-8 an hour for their work you might see $13-14 an hour. Yeah, the consumer costs would go up but
so would real employment of Americans...not a continued stipend for south of the border.

Then there are the costs to our infrastructure such as schools and hospitals. The taxpayer will be basically shouldering these costs for the employers and illegal workers.

E verify would take care of a lot of our problems if it was required for employment. Not perfect, but a lot better than we have now.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I didn't think you were looking at ports of entry as a source for illegal immigration.

Absolutely we should beef up our agency force and continued monitoring of people staying beyond their allotted time.

okie52
4/13/2011, 10:04 AM
As far as the Cato article...the illegals have NO ability to raise their pay...they work for less than standard wage because they are illegal and have absolutely no voice in their pay scale...

I don't believe that unemployment would not go down or wages would not go up if we had 10 million less illegals looking for jobs...

To get US workers to do the job the illegals were doing would require a raise in pay...and that increase would move upwards through the pay system...

We have too much labor supply...

They try to argue that there were more illegals prior to the recession and unemployment was at 5% and then after the recession unemployment skyrocketed to 9%...why did those illegals leave? No jobs...put legal workers in jobs and there will be less jobs for illegals and even more will swim back home...

Beat me to it. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 10:11 AM
Or the US govt issuing thousands of work visas a month despite a 9% unemployment rate.

I see your point, but I won't be changing how I do my business. As far as I'm concerned they are legal.

But you can go out any day ST and start your own business. Nobodys stopping you or your down n out buddies that sit around all day complaining.

I would but all the good Hispanics moved to Alabama I hear.

Also....when another run on the Insurance Companies for roofing claims happens or another good HUD program comes along....I'll be sure to lower my sense of right and wrong and take advantage of another Stage Coach Hold up.

jkjsooner
4/13/2011, 10:13 AM
If you aren't the most productive worker you don't deserve the job.

And by "most productive" you mean making a salary that requires you to live in a house with 10 other grown adults. It also means being able to make less money because the money is under the table and not taxed.

I'm all for immigration when we need workers but it has to be a legal process and one that weighs the impact on all Americans - not just business owners.

Every country protects its interests. There is nothing wrong with the US doing the same.

Blue
4/13/2011, 11:30 AM
I would but all the good Hispanics moved to Alabama I hear.

Also....when another run on the Insurance Companies for roofing claims happens or another good HUD program comes along....I'll be sure to lower my sense of right and wrong and take advantage of another Stage Coach Hold up.

Aren't you special? "Right and wrong" huh? Is it right the example I gave of giving out thousands of work visas a month while we have 9% unemployment? is it right that our govt is all for open borders, free trade, multiculturalism, globalism and don't feel the same way you do about it? Is it right thousands of companies (Who you buy their products every day) ship jobs overseas to make more money?

Get off your damn high horse. There is alot wrong with the world we live in, but me and these guys making an HONEST (No matter how much you argue the contrary) living providing a service to people isn't one of them.

You are either a damn hypocrite or you are just showing your bitter *** on here. Get over it, move on.

Btw, "run on the insurance companies"...they decide what they pay for, not me. If its legit, it's legit. God forbid, somebody get a rightful settlement after paying their premium for 50 years w/out a claim.

I don't know if you are in construction or not, but you sound like a bitter yokel who got mad somebody w/ brains got involved in their business and streamlined it to make a profit of more than 2000 dollars a month.

Now go ahead and go report and cry to the mods, ST. I know you have nothing better to do but try to troll people and then report them.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 12:16 PM
Aren't you special? "Right and wrong" huh? Is it right the example I gave of giving out thousands of work visas a month while we have 9% unemployment? is it right that our govt is all for open borders, free trade, multiculturalism, globalism and don't feel the same way you do about it? Is it right thousands of companies (Who you buy their products every day) ship jobs overseas to make more money?

Get off your damn high horse. There is alot wrong with the world we live in, but me and these guys making an HONEST (No matter how much you argue the contrary) living providing a service to people isn't one of them.

You are either a damn hypocrite or you are just showing your bitter *** on here. Get over it, move on.

Btw, "run on the insurance companies"...they decide what they pay for, not me. If its legit, it's legit. God forbid, somebody get a rightful settlement after paying their premium for 50 years w/out a claim.

I don't know if you are in construction or not, but you sound like a bitter yokel who got mad somebody w/ brains got involved in their business and streamlined it to make a profit of more than 2000 dollars a month.

Now go ahead and go report and cry to the mods, ST. I know you have nothing better to do but try to troll people and then report them.

You can't call someone a hypocrite if you are declaring things they didn't say. It actually makes you the hypocrite.

Blue
4/13/2011, 02:51 PM
Semantics.

Anyway StoupTroll, I'm gonna go ahead and bow out here. It's no use arguing with someone who has a personal vendetta.

I'm gonna go hit up a few Braves games. Enjoy the fruits of my "labor." Don't worry though. I'll pay my taxes and you'll still get your check at the first of the month. I can't imagine you have a job. Unless SFs pays you to be a trolling flamethrower.

Have a good one.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 02:53 PM
Semantics.

Anyway StoupTroll, I'm gonna go ahead and bow out here. It's no use arguing with someone who has a personal vendetta.

I'm gonna go hit up a few Braves games. Enjoy the fruits of my "labor." Don't worry though. I'll pay my taxes and you'll still get your check at the first of the month. I can't imagine you have a job. Unless SFs pays you to be a trolling flamethrower.

Have a good one.

What vendetta?

I think you should do whatever makes you happy.

This was about Illegals not you.

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 03:31 PM
Also....

I think it was around 2004 or 2005 that State Farm and Farmers...maybe others.....decided that if you had multiple layers of shingles on your house that they wouldn't insure you and the next thing you know....there were roofing companies everywhere. In our current economy with new houses not being built and home foreclosures happening as much as homes being sold....I'd say I'd put my money in plenty of other businesses than starting a Roofing Company.

A few of my dead beat buddies who have lawn services have had a bunch of Hispanics begging him for jobs as they can't get the good jobs around town unless they work under a guy that looks like the White Convicts you won't hire. They will do the work damn near for what it costs in gas to get the work they have lost. Home Owners don't trust them but they will trust a guy that uses Hispanics as they figure the business owner is a responsible person. You yourself have stated you draw the line and are unsure that every person you hire is a good tax paying American.

Some of us have different principles and you think that's a vendetta.

One of my other slacker friends bought around 15-17 HUD homes back in the day. He's at pure profit on those and he would later go to auction and purchase more houses. One of them was around $4,500 and he couldn't believe he got that House for that. Last estimate was around $60,000 but the amount he gets in rent every month is worth more to him than a quick sell.

Still yet....it was good timing and a really crooked Gov't program that allowed him to get his start as a Landlord. I will say this.....however.....that guy did all of that and held down a job with benefits for 20+ years. Quite the slacker he is.....lol

StoopTroup
4/13/2011, 04:12 PM
Have a good one.

I'm flattered about how worried you are about me. :rolleyes:

I hope you continue to be successful. Enjoy the game.