PDA

View Full Version : Wow, 2 earthquakes in the last 12 hours...

TheHumanAlphabet
4/11/2011, 07:24 PM
Both at work. Yesterday a 6.6 (though reported initially a 7.1) and just now a 6.4.

The Engineering office I am in has this earthquake alarm that has given us about 20 seconds notice prior to the tremor hitting. The first one yesterday was like a big roller coaster, moving around and stuff. The power lines were whipping around like a jump rope...

Everything cool here, train running no problems.

Look forward to going home Saturday.

okie52
4/11/2011, 07:43 PM
He11, I was at disneyland when about a 3 point earthquake hit on 9/8/2001. Shut down all of the rides. Little did I know that they would shut everything down for the 1st time in their history a few days later.

OU-HSV
4/11/2011, 08:16 PM
Both at work. Yesterday a 6.6 (though reported initially a 7.1) and just now a 6.4.

The Engineering office I am in has this earthquake alarm that has given us about 20 seconds notice prior to the tremor hitting. The first one yesterday was like a big roller coaster, moving around and stuff. The power lines were whipping around like a jump rope...

Everything cool here, train running no problems.

Look forward to going home Saturday.

Where are you at anyway? I heard there have been some decent quakes in north or central Arkansas lately

soonercruiser
4/11/2011, 10:27 PM
Hope you don't get an earthquake as the airplane taxies!
:D

TheHumanAlphabet
4/11/2011, 10:56 PM
Where are you at anyway? I heard there have been some decent quakes in north or central Arkansas lately

I am in Yokohama, Japan.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:58 PM
I am in Yokohama, Japan.

I forgot you were going. Everything OK?

Nevermind...I read the first post.

Stay safe.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/12/2011, 07:45 AM
I am good. Tired, but doing fine. The Japanese are quite resilient. Though I fear the NE coast is toast for a long time.

KantoSooner
4/12/2011, 09:16 AM
Have a big bowl of ramen and a plate of gyoza for me. Just can't get that here. At least can't get it to taste the same.

OU-HSV
4/13/2011, 08:47 PM
I am in Yokohama, Japan.

Dang. Well glad to hear you're okay...now get your *** back to the U.S. ;)