PDA

View Full Version : Ignorance or Hypocrisy......

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 04:23 PM
In 2006 President Obama, then wise senator Obama, voted no to raising the debt ceiling of the USA

Now he wants to raise it and says he regrets voting no back in 2006

What say thee?

My answer to the question is leaning towards "both". Bet there are a lot of people regretting their vote back in 2008.

But you libtards can keep defending this beacon of light.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2011, 04:30 PM
In 2006 President Obama, then wise senator Obama, voted no to raising the debt ceiling of the USA

Now he wants to raise it and says he regrets voting no back in 2006

What say thee?

My answer to the question is leaning towards "both". Bet there are a lot of people regretting their vote back in 2008.

But you libtards can keep defending this beacon of light.

Like Paul Ryan voting for W's Medicare Part D in 2003?

Say it with me, "Politicians are lying scumbags".

jumperstop
4/11/2011, 04:31 PM
Nobody can ever change the way they feel on anything? Especially politicians? Conservatives who have nothing better to do than nit pick the president need to find another interest. And before you go all crazy, I felt the same way about liberals and Bush.

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 04:39 PM
I voted yes right before I voted no

Obama is kind of like John Kerry but in reverse.

And yes, politicians are scumbags.

rekamrettuB
4/11/2011, 04:53 PM
Things change. It was 5 years ago. I know I've done different things in 2011 compared to what I did in 2006.

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 04:57 PM
Is that what he was referring to by Hope and Change?

Maybe you are onto something

pphilfran
4/11/2011, 05:01 PM
This is what he said in 2006...

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. ... Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem."

In 2006 our debt to GDP was about 63%...

Today our debt to GDP has topped 80%...

If he would have voted for it in 2006 and now has changed his mind I might believe him...

But since he is bass ackwards in his thinking I say it is just a bunch of bs political rhetoric....

olevetonahill
4/11/2011, 05:12 PM
Half white man speak with forked tongue ;)

OU_Sooners75
4/11/2011, 05:59 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/29bfq6c.jpg

soonercruiser
4/11/2011, 10:39 PM
Half white man speak with forked tongue ;)

:D

(Custer wore an arrow shirt!)

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:44 PM
Didn't he just work to get Dems to agree to cut the debt 38 Billion Dollars?

SoCaliSooner
4/11/2011, 10:49 PM

And oil was $37 a barrel when he took office.

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 10:50 PM

When the majority of this board thinks of you the choice is simple......and it isn't hypocrisy Troup

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 10:52 PM
And oil was $37 a barrel when he took office.

I have it a bit higher than that and the graphs I see have it going up non-stop like an elevator to the Penthouse when Bush took office.

olevetonahill
4/11/2011, 10:52 PM
Hey ST aint just Allsome when a nOOb can speak for the "MAJORITY" of the Board ? :rolleyes:

SoCaliSooner
4/11/2011, 10:58 PM
I have it a bit higher than that and the graphs I see have it going up non-stop like an elevator to the Penthouse when Bush took office.

So when bush was in office he manipulated the market to get his oil buddies rich... So... Tell me the noble reason obongo isn't at fault for oil climbing higher and faster than under bush?

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 10:58 PM
Hey ST aint just Allsome when a nOOb can speak for the "MAJORITY" of the Board ? :rolleyes:

Hate to break it to ya Charlie, but the posse isn't the majority......they just have the majority of the posts it seems

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 11:04 PM
Hate to break it to ya Charlie, but the posse isn't the majority......they just have the majority of the posts it seems
It ain't a bunch of roofers from Alabama either.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 11:06 PM
So when bush was in office he manipulated the market to get his oil buddies rich... So... Tell me the noble reason obongo isn't at fault for oil climbing higher and faster than under bush?

Because neither of them can control speculation?

SoCaliSooner
4/11/2011, 11:11 PM
Because neither of them can control speculation?

Well at least he repealed the patriot act, closed guitmo, got us out of Iraq, kept unemployment under 9% by pushing the stimulus and such...

Blue
4/11/2011, 11:13 PM
It ain't a bunch of roofers from Alabama either.

My God you're a titty baby.

I'm the only Contractor in Alabama. Your other detractor hails from Richmond.

I'm sorry you feel so threatened.

SoCaliSooner
4/11/2011, 11:18 PM

You are self employed and earning a living, not part of some wisky tango group of circle jerks with nothing to cling to but a post count representative of time wasted not being a part of a home or real life family. Thus they fear it and therefore don't like you.

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 11:39 PM

I'm gonna go with Hypocrisy 2121.

I think this pretty much proves it.

2121Sooner
4/11/2011, 11:40 PM
Your post once again proves otherwise

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 11:43 PM
Your post once again proves otherwise

How so?

Blue
4/11/2011, 11:44 PM
I'm gonna go with Hypocrisy 2121.

I think this pretty much proves it.

I just keep finding threads where ST is firing off shots....

I'm just a caveman...

StoopTroup
4/11/2011, 11:45 PM
I just keep finding threads where ST is firing off shots....

I'm just a caveman...

At least your calling yourself names now.

Much better.

Blue
4/11/2011, 11:51 PM
At least your calling yourself names now.

Much better.

Wait a minute....you're the caveman....so innocent....this world frightens you...

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Caveman-Lawyer1.jpg

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 12:16 AM
Is there anything this manchild President has yet to flip flop on?

Guantanamo, Iraq, Afghanistan deadlines, Bush's tax cuts, the Patriot Act, Single payer...

The guy is using the left to get votes but he's just Bush part 2.

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 12:38 AM
Is there anything this manchild President has yet to flip flop on?

Guantanamo, Iraq, Afghanistan deadlines, Bush's tax cuts, the Patriot Act, Single payer...

The guy is using the left to get votes but he's just Bush part 2.

Wednesday, he's rolling out his plan to cut the deficit.....lol

Also...in it....I'm getting a discount on my Union Dues I don't pay.

SoonerNate
4/12/2011, 12:40 AM
Wednesday, he's rolling out his plan to cut the deficit.....lol

Also...in it....I'm getting a discount on my Union Dues I don't pay.

LOL.

soonercoop1
4/12/2011, 05:01 PM
Neither....on purpose...he realizes that 50-60% of the electorate are either ignorant or don't care enough to pay attention....he can frame any issue any way he wants depending on which way the wind blows and the national media are duplicitous in helping him cover it up...

MamaMia
4/12/2011, 11:09 PM
Politicians...they are all hypocrites, historically speaking. I'm just counting the days until the new Tea Party Congressional members who were just voted in, start flip flopping on their campaign promises as well. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
4/12/2011, 11:18 PM
If we quit spending more than we have and repeal the Bush tax cuts....how long would it take to pay down the deficit?

Peach Fuzz
4/13/2011, 12:36 AM
Arent we something like 14 trillion in debt?

USA GDP for one year is just over 14 trillion... don't look too good

SoonerNate
4/13/2011, 12:39 AM
I say impeach Obama, repeal Obama care, cut entitlements in half and go from there. My grandchildren shouldn't suffer just because some lazy ****er in South Chicago is collecting handouts.

Ike
4/13/2011, 11:56 AM
meh. When it comes to things like this, there are three types of politicians. A) Politicians who will vote a certain way because they genuinely think it's in the best interest of their country, B) Politicians who will vote a certain way because they genuinely think it's in the best interest of their party, and C) Politicians who will grandstand and take the position that they think will score them the most political points.

Typically, most politicians are some mixture of all 3, and for any given issue will generally be only one...although that may change with time. It's often difficult to find out how much of each type a given politician really is. But there seem to be very few that have significant quantities of the A type...

CrimsonCream
4/13/2011, 12:19 PM
:D

(Custer wore an arrow shirt!)

They still make Arrow shirts?